Male HQ

Where to buy small "Sauna" towel

Behrhunter

TLDR : I am looking to buy those short towels they used to hand out in saunas. 

This is a serious question, pls dont get the wrong idea. I gym in AF where towels are not supplied. I saw someone use it once. Some saunas used to hand out a towel where the length is still able to wrap around the waist and the width is enough to cover slightly above knees and still can dry myself after shower. Almost like a regular bath towel cut into half. 

I pack my towel in my bag everyday and then after gym I throw them to wash. Every week I easily have to wash 4 bath towels. Not to mention the bulk it takes in my bag. My office is open concept, so there are no possibilities of me hanging it out to dry. I only leave it on top of my bag and leave it open. 
My friend lent me his sports towel which is slightly bigger than a face towel. It is small but doesn't really dry completely. It feels weird putting on clothes when I feel that I am still damp, especially getting dressed to go to work. Any suggestions? 

Edited by Behrhunter
typo error

11 hours ago, Behrhunter said:

TLDR : I am looking to buy those short towels they used to hand out in saunas. 

This is a serious question, pls dont get the wrong idea. I gym in AF where towels are not supplied. I saw someone use it once. Some saunas used to hand out a towel where the length is still able to wrap around the waist and the width is enough to cover slightly above knees and still can dry myself after shower. Almost like a regular bath towel cut into half. 

I pack my towel in my bag everyday and then after gym I throw them to wash. Every week I easily have to wash 4 bath towels. Not to mention the bulk it takes in my bag. My office is open concept, so there are no possibilities of me hanging it out to dry. I only leave it on top of my bag and leave it open. 
My friend lent me his sports towel which is slightly bigger than a face towel. It is small but doesn't really dry completely. It feels weird putting on clothes when I feel that I am still damp, especially getting dressed to go to work. Any suggestions? 

Either sports elements, or decathlon. Smaller one (those face towel with case) will be arena swim shops. If not, Daiso. 

13 hours ago, Eastman said:

Try Lazada and search for sport towel. Think those are typically longish enough to go around the waist but width is not as long as a regular one.  There are a variety of material available but maybe I would suggest cotton. 

I did try lazada, maybe wrong keyword. I will try again. 

11 hours ago, Kimochi said:

Either sports elements, or decathlon. Smaller one (those face towel with case) will be arena swim shops. If not, Daiso. 

I tried decathlon but the ones i found, their material is non cotton. I will go try sports elements. 

Thank you for both of your suggestions. 

Edited by Behrhunter
Forget to thank ppl lor .. so rude

11 minutes ago, Behrhunter said:

I did try lazada, maybe wrong keyword. I will try again. 

I tried decathlon but the ones i found, their material is non cotton. I will go try sports elements. 

Thank you for both of your suggestions. 

Why do you prefer cotton and not microfiber? 

Microfiber is more absorbent and thats why smaller and lighter. I use it for my swim and chug it back into the small pouch after showering (face towel size )

13 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

Why do you prefer cotton and not microfiber? 

Microfiber is more absorbent and thats why smaller and lighter. I use it for my swim and chug it back into the small pouch after showering (face towel size )

No real preference. Its cos my friend passed me his that he uses for swimming. But it is some sort of synthetic material that doesn't absorb one. I think its like speedo or spank brand in a translucent white casing. I really dunno how to describe. Then later, I got one free from Sports Council and its also that similar material, fluffy and not absorbent. That has built a perception of me not liking synthetic materials. 

On 10/3/2019 at 11:40 AM, Behrhunter said:

No real preference. Its cos my friend passed me his that he uses for swimming. But it is some sort of synthetic material that doesn't absorb one. I think its like speedo or spank brand in a translucent white casing. I really dunno how to describe. Then later, I got one free from Sports Council and its also that similar material, fluffy and not absorbent. That has built a perception of me not liking synthetic materials. 

Try muji. They have cotton towels of different thickness. Also hand towel width ones that are long enough to wrap round waists.

• 1 month later...

Try some larger NTUC stores like one in Nex or even Japan home stores. Cotton and quite affordable. Also if not in much hurry do look out for atrium sales in malls, towel retail is very common there....

• 5 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.