6 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Hey Bos.

ENUFF IS ENUFF.

I QUIT

How about 

Hey SOB

instead?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Depends
6 hours ago, Guest resign person said:

do i have to state reason in resignation letter?

Usually we don't.  A simple liner of your intention to work until (state your one month notice period) and than wished the company all the best.   People who gave reason are those who felt unfairly treated and I have a colleague who outrightly stated that certain colleagues were simply beyond hope to work with, for the purpose of putting them on record.

Generally agreed with the previous replies.

How i personally handled was to give a reason on a positive note "found suitable opportunity in line with my aspirations".

As for the things u may be unhappy with, leave it for exit interview though keep in mind no personal attacks. Depending on how we present the information, complaints can be framed as concerned feedback for improvement.😝

16 minutes ago, Coolbriz said:

For whatever reasons you have got to leave the company, it’s always good not to burn any bridges. 

Some toxic and poisonous bridges should really be burnt forever. Just make sure you will never need to return to that bridge ever again after you are done burning it down. 

16 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Some toxic and poisonous bridges should really be burnt forever. Just make sure you will never need to return to that bridge ever again after you are done burning it down. 

Let it burn! Let it burn! So guest resign person, take note of the “condition” you need to fulfill for burning bridges. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

1 hour ago, Coolbriz said:

Let it burn! Let it burn! So guest resign person, take note of the “condition” you need to fulfill for burning bridges. 

Of course the "condition" was noted. I've never looked back after I burned the bridge, and I continued to burn it over and over again even after I left. No matter how small Singapore is, there are more than enough "bridges" to go instead of returning to the burning bridge. In fact, that company is going bankrupt now....Let it burn! Let it burn! Muahahahahaha ...

scary movie burn GIF by Us

Guest so lame

Now jobstreet allows you to write review about the company.  I always go there to see before applying for the job.  Don't want to go there not knowing what may comes.

Guest Cock lover
25 minutes ago, TopChinese said:

Keep your resignations simple. And if they ask for a reason, always say "I'm exploring other opportunities" even if it was your boss's smelly cock that made you resign

May be is the smelly pussy.  Can't stand lady boss.

Guest resigning too

if i give my resignation letter through email because my boss is not in office most of the time, does the notice period written in the letter still counts or the notice period starts when my boss reply/acknowledge the resignation email?

also, do you think better to resign first before looking for a job or looks for a job first before resigning if the notice period is 2 months.

Guest resigning soon

if i give my resignation letter through email because my boss is not in office most of the time, does the notice period written in the letter still counts or the notice period starts when my boss reply/acknowledge the resignation email?

also, do you think better to resign first before looking for a job or looks for a job first before resigning if the notice period is 2 months.

Of course its best to secure a job first before leaving the current

Notice period too long,  still can work around it.  Use leave to offset, pay in lieu, whatever 

Submit letter through email, good to CC HR. And state explicitly that the notice period starts from the day email is sent. If your boss refuse to acknowledge, are you going to wait indefinitely?

Guest Bloody Cockle
32 minutes ago, Guest resigning soon said:

Depends how desperate you want to leave.  is something  scary about to happen in the office?

42 minutes ago, Guest resigning soon said:

if i give my resignation letter through email because my boss is not in office most of the time, does the notice period written in the letter still counts or the notice period starts when my boss reply/acknowledge the resignation email?

Most definitely when you send the email. 

Would be so susceptible to abuse if it is based on when the reader acknowledges.

Technically speaking, if the boss is not in the office to receive the letter of resignation, it should be handed to the person who has been assigned to handle his work in his absence. Alternatively, I will call him up to tell him I need to have a face-to-face meeting with him and it is important for me to meet him in person. If all else fails, I will seal the letter in an envelop and then pass it to his secretary. During my time, a physical letter with our physical signature needs to be submitted, but we usually follow it up with an email in case the boss claimed that he never received the letter. I'm not sure what is the practice nowadays. 

Nowadays, it is best to quit with a back up job in stow. Otherwise, you might need to have enough financial strength to tide yourself out for a few years. 

1 hour ago, Guest resigning soon said:

After sending the email, whatsapp him.

I took 5 months before i found a job in 2005 and its low pay then. 

So do u think you have the quality to find a job easily?

1 hour ago, Guest resigning soon said:

Its better if you already found a new job offer before resigning. Because if you are jobless and is looking for job, whatever amount they offer you, you have to accept because you have no fallback. You have no bargaining chip. You are on the losing end of the negotiation table. 

But if you still have a job and then looking to another one, if they offer you less, you can just simply decline. 

Edited by HSukune
Grammar

It always gives a better impression if you are looking for a job while having one, instead of being jobless.

If the boss is out of office, leave a resignation letter AND call the boss to tell him about your resignation and your letter.

TS, nowadays, many companies accept email resignation. So this is what you need to do even if your boss is not in office:

1) Send your resignation via email, cc to HR. Text your boss to inform him about your resignation email & thank him for the opportunities given

2) If HR needs the physical letter, they will contact you. Alternatively, upon sending the email, you can contact HR to check on the next course of action required

As to looking for a job before leaving your current job, it all depends on 

1) how desperate are you in getting your next job; can you survive financially & emotionally if you can’t get one in the near future 

2) how confident are you in getting another job which is comparative to your current package  

3) will you want to take the opportunity to have a break & for how long 

If the first 2 answers are no, you better kwai kwai find a job before you quit 

• G_M changed the title to Resignation (compiled)

I don't understand this surviving emotionally thingy.

If one has a passive income, why does one need to care how he's being viewed during unemployment?

We should learn to chill and always work to live but not live to work.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

9 minutes ago, fab said:

I don't understand this surviving emotionally thingy.

If one has a passive income, why does one need to care how he's being viewed during unemployment?

We should learn to chill and always work to live but not live to work.

... some people speaks like he is some rich towkay like that... as if his passive income is so fantastic ..

then OK lor, these type of people can go quit their job and settle for a smaller pay lor ..  KNS ... 

On 10/12/2019 at 3:03 PM, Guest Guest said:

Yeah especially the bridge is gonna cause catastrophic downfall, causing the whole company to slide downwards in productivity and even involving whole country or universe, just like in comics have to kill the key bad guys and items to protect the universe. Nip it in the bud before it grows in power and abuses it~ 

• 3 years later...
Guest Friends
1 hour ago, dboy84 said:

Sometimes its harder to quit when your boss has become your friend. 😂

If your reason to quit is compelling, your boss will still support you as friend.

Guest Guest
9 hours ago, dboy84 said:

Sometimes its harder to quit when your boss has become your friend. 😂

Unless this "friend" is really looking out for you and is able to help you out in your career, it's really not difficult.

Many "friends" will lose connection after you leave the company.

Guest Emerxjay

My colleague very shiok, towkay gave him sabatical paid leave.

Recently my workplace, a neighborhood kopitiam, is very rife. Many colleagues were embroiled into undesirable scandals, many have resigned and left the kopitiam.

Then also on a particular day recntly, one of our kopi kia quarrelled with supervisor and manager for a few hours straight. I was not involved, so i sat on the bench and eat popcorn. But knn my work hours extended because towkay want us all to be present to watch the quarrel (so lame right!).

Then yesterday, my towkay just made an announcement to us, saying one of my colleague were given paid leave $850 until further notice, not sure is before or after CPF (deductions).

So envy, i also want to be so.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.