Male HQ

Stock up food <-- (MOD: DO NOT HOARD !)

gucici

Bunch of idiots 制造恐慌!

CCS and Seah Kian Peng already "kuiwee-cuii" liao! They said no need such fear.

NO WONDER Bloody Singaporeans "gkan-puah kia-see" immediately voted PAP in GE2015 just because LKY  mati and scared the people in his speech rally!

12 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Bunch of idiots 制造恐慌!

CCS and Seah Kian Peng already "kuiwee-cuii" liao! They said no need such fear.

NO WONDER Bloody Singaporeans "gkan-puah kia-see" immediately voted PAP in GE2015 just because LKY  mati and scared the people in his speech rally!

Now then u know ar.

They scared they return back to slum where they came from n starve without proper food la. 

That's the right word. Bunch of idiots

1 hour ago, gucici said:

Looks like shit is getting real. All the food in ntuc is gone

Shit or not shit,

Why not stock up non-perishable items if you have the space in your home?

I always keep a sizable stock of food, household products.  They won't be cheaper in the future than they are now. 

My house can burn down, yes.  But I can become suddenly disabled, or some catastrophe can make moving around the city impossible.

I have plenty of beans, lentils, tomato cans, fish cans, drinkable water, and other non-perishable food that I can easily survive for over a month without missing anything vital.

The only thing I don't have yet and I would like to get is a reserve of energy.  Maybe I'll get some solar panels so that if electricity is down I will at least be able to run my computer. Or if short term electricity shortage becomes common, which is now very rare,  I'll get a generator and some good containers full of gas...  to stay comfortable in summer with air conditioning :)

Guest That's why
43 minutes ago, Guest Six said:

Last time sars and swine flu also no such things as stock up

This is a prc behavior leh

Last time SARs, Singapore population still manageable. 

Forward 17 years later, Singapore is now nearly 6 million people. Cannot blame the people for worrying of not getting enough to sustain. 

Next time 10 million people.  I forsee...dooms day if another weird virus discovered again. 

Which is why now every vote counts if we want to safe this country.

Funny,

Donald Low
59 mins · 
Seeing pictures that my friends in Singapore send me of empty supermarket shelves and long queues of people waiting to buy face masks at Mustafa make me wonder what’s the point of having this strong, authoritarian and paternalistic government when we can’t even keep calm in the face of an epidemic that will kill far fewer people than pneumonia does every year. And those people who claim we are calmer and better than the Hongkongers in responding rationally to this crisis can go shove it up their ass. And those PAP IBs who claim to be bolstering trust in the government are clearly quite useless except in sucking up. They are no different from the petty functionaries in Wuhan telling their bosses that all is well while covering up an impending crisis. And what use is POFMA when people are entirely capable of scaring themselves even without fake news? For once, I would like to see the PAP government be honest and acknowledge that they have a trust deficit and a serious crisis comms problem.

Actually I have a simple piece of advice to stop this nonsense once and for all. Allow, even encourage, the supermarkets to raise prices in response to the surges in demand. I guarantee you the panic buying will stop right away.

If that fails and we are indeed out of toilet paper, there’s always the local newspapers you can use.

15 minutes ago, Guest Six said:

I wish I was born straight... 

Oh please. U wouldnt like the smell of pussy. Look at najib wife and I am surprised najib didn't become gay. 

9 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Believe in yourself.  Be proud to be a gay and have the opportunity to make changes in this world, even if it is by one vote at the time. There will come a time when gays will have a voice in Singapore.  Societies are starting to realize how wrong they were by bashing LGBTQs, and how much they gain by accepting us.

I can no longer count on our society who prefer status quo. Given up on hopeless people who never like changes.

18 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Donald Trump's speeches are very profound and intellectual:

"Fuck the Democrats,  fuck the Latinos, fuck Mitt Romney, fuck Nancy Pelosi, I am innocent, I am the greatest,  I am superior, I am divine".

Improvisations over the above basic clauses can easily fill 1.5 hours.

And you think pelosi behaviour is acceptable? DT didn't use "I" but "we" referring to the American people. He cares for American. Ours only care about economy while health and safety of our People often placed at the back seat.  

To me I find it started because of "If you are well, dont wear mask". this contradict logic and common sense. By wearing mask even though you are well is for precautions. 

With that type of slogan and stock out at all places for mask, it doesnt give general public the feeling of safe which in turn leads to this..

I think things are getting serious. You can live for months without masks when every masks fly off the shelves. How long can you last without food when everything flies off the shelves? 

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

I think things are getting serious. You can live for months without masks when every masks fly off the shelves. How long can you last without food when everything flies off the shelves? 

I think it is not serious as ppl think it is. It look serious when ppl starts panicking. Alternatively, we got food from our neighbour countries. I havent hear anything from neighbour countries yet. 

Keep calm n stay vigilante

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

If things get worse you can take a bus to Malaysia (KL or less congested places) where people are not so panicky and stock on dense non-perishable foods, like legumes (beans and lentils), dry pasta, canned fish, dried fruit, peanut butter, chocolate.

• HendryTan changed the title to Stock up food <-- (MOD: DO NOT HOARD !)
2 hours ago, Guest Food said:

I think it is not serious as ppl think it is. It look serious when ppl starts panicking. Alternatively, we got food from our neighbour countries. I havent hear anything from neighbour countries yet. 

Keep calm n stay vigilante

When you see all the shelves of food all swiped out, you tell me serious or not? We are also supposed to have masks from our neighbors countries who makes them. Where are the masks now? 

Not that I'm encourage hoarding. But who's going to feed you when you can't get the food from the shops? The government with its "stockpile" of food? 

Guest Irrationality from fear

Latest News:
The CoV has mutated to affect human brain 

Symptoms:
The reported symptoms include immediate alarming drop of IQ to zero, lack of judgment, rush to stock of supplies like toilet paper and instant noodles. (This symptom is the same as rush for Hello Kitty a few years ago).  This symptom may appear immediately. There is no incubation period. 

The new CoV is spread by WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram from person to person contacts. There is no known cure. The infected will die from stupidity.

There is a virus greater than SARS, H1NI, H5N1, Corona etc. 

FEAR. 

Oh its infectious. And it spreads so rapidly. Had it been measured against the DORSCON, we would have reached Red level by now. 

One of the first symptoms is panic. It shuts down the ability for rational thinking and raises the tendencies for impulsive reactiveness. It limits the ability to process authenticated infomation against unauthenticated infomation. Individually it induces anxiety, stress, nervousness, jitters. Collectively it can lead to shortages, scarcity, inflation on prices of essentials, wastages, chaos, individualism, kiasuism, widespread suspicion and distrust and in the long run maybe even social degeneration/disintigration.  It is a disease that once seeped into the weaving of the social and community fabrics, it takes time to recover. 

It has through history been used as a tool for warfare, politics, competition, manipulation, opportunism, unethical commercial gains and more. 

Fear that is well managed can protect us. I do believe that is infact one of the key reasons why we have the ability to feel it to begin with. But when aggravated and amplified, fabricated fear mongering through fake news and irresponsible rumour spreading, it can instigate populations to behave in manners undentifiable even to themselves and could eventually become harmful if not destructive. 

So friends, do put a leash on this fear to quarentine it, contain it, place a mask over it so you do not spread it to others, glove yourself with courage, and run some alcohol (swabs) over the infomation you receive and share to disinfect the fake news and authenticate the truth. 

Do not stock up more than you need. Let us ensure we do not stress supplies of medical essentials like masks and gloves that those who are unwell and frontline medical warriors truly need, or alcohol swabs that diabetics really need or milk powders and diapers that babies rely on coz they cannot eat and make do with something else or ration and supplies that the less well to do amongst us will not be able to stock up at one go and be left to make do without while the excesses expire and rot in our homes just to give us a temporary sense of false security. 

Lets be gracious. Lets be mindful. Lets be rationale in this fight against FEAR. We beat fear, we will beat everything else. Together we can overcome.

Guest Hate stirrer
10 hours ago, Guest Six said:

These selfish prcs are snatching so much food, I was at the supermarket earlier. They think this is their China country where everyone behave ungraciously. Seriously I'm ashamed of being a Chinese but I'm not a China Chinese. I hope all the Caucasians better see what kind of Chinese are these people, not us. 

My vote is such a small voice, and we need much more votes to make a difference and be like the past. As we all know, single gays can never buy a bto 3,4 5room flat here. Being gay is hard enough in society yet they still make it harder. Wish I was born straight... 

you always need to put your hatred against others and in particular foreigners.

You always need to provoke.

Yesterday, I was at a Fairprice around 10pm and the shoppers seemed very fellow Singaporeans to me. Only very very  few Mainland Chinese There were long queues and some Singaporean couples  with 3 (yes 3) big trollies.

I received plenty of WhatsApp messages from Singaporeans spreading news about empty shelves at supermarkets and asking to stock up on groceries starting around 6pm yesterday.

Blaming PRCs in Singapore for being the ones hoarding food and emptying shelves at Shops is just xenophobic.

Stop spreading unjustified wrongs and hatred.

If you find a chance to post your hatred you will do it, justified or not. 

I would be more ashamed of fellow Singaporeans like you. 

Go to the coffee shop and spread your hate viruses there but spare us at this forum with your xenophobic rants.

1 minute ago, Guest Hate stirrer said:

Yesterday, I was at a Fairprice around 10pm and the shoppers seemed very fellow Singaporeans to me. Only very very  few Mainland Chinese There were long queues and some Singaporean couples  with 3 (yes 3) big trollies.

I received plenty of WhatsApp messages from Singaporeans spreading news about empty shelves at supermarkets and asking to stock up on groceries starting around 6pm yesterday.

Blaming PRCs in Singapore for being the ones hoarding food and emptying shelves at Shops is just xenophobic.

Go to the coffee shop and spread your hate viruses there but spare us at this forum with your xenophobic rants.

Nope. He should not even spread anywhere at all. These are the ugly Singaporeans loh ~ 

Guest Great idea
7 hours ago, Guest Great said:

Let's make Singapore, back to its oldself again. 

Great because then you wouldn’t be yet born and your ancestors not here but in Wuhan or other part of China...

...and would be spared of your posts.

😂

huh?  even condoms must snatch?  are we fighting the NCV or what? Is there a lan cheow virus liao? everybody stay calm : when will we mati is all fated.  Sg is a small country so we cannot afford to make it mess up.  Don't worry so much. if there's no food I die die will cook simple porridge and offer to many.  I m sure there are many who will do the same.

Guest run run run

If they don't allow us to go to work soon maybe, and we need to stay at home all the time, what you wanna do besides fucking. That's why condoms sold...

You can see how priorities and life styles have changed in Singapore... 😜

11 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

If things get worse you can take a bus to Malaysia (KL or less congested places) where people are not so panicky and stock on dense non-perishable foods, like legumes (beans and lentils), dry pasta, canned fish, dried fruit, peanut butter, chocolate.

Sure, in Malaysia they don't need to run to the shops and empty the shelves. The Malaysian malay will just stay at their kampong house and pick the fruits from the trees in the garden. Rambutan, Mango, Banana, Longan, Duku, Durian....  go with fishing boat to sea, catch fish, then do Ikan bakar at home... easy.

Yep, we gave up on all this in Singapore....

7 hours ago, Guest Hate stirrer said:

7 hours ago, Kimochi said:

Nope. He should not even spread anywhere at all. These are the ugly Singaporeans loh ~ 

This is not the first time we have such an outbreak. Do you see Singaporeans hoarding food this way in the SARS outbreak and the bird flu outbreak in the 2000s? No, we never had such a precedence. Even during the bird flu epidemic when the entire Singapore ran out of eggs, we just make do with the situation, and at most complain somewhat. SARS was even more serious but nobody went to the supermarket to hoard food. N95 masks were in short supply then, but you can still find them at expensive prices or obscure places.

Why are you blaming Singaporeans now? Why call citizens ugly Singaporeans? Is everything the fault of Singaporeans now? We all had those peaceful situations before the foreigners came in. What changed now? It was the foreigners who started the hoarding before everyone started getting worried about our food supply. If Singaporeans is to be blamed, it is because we used our votes and allowed them to come in. If citizens are the ugly Singaporean, then you are the blind ones. 

3 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

This is not the first time we have such an outbreak. Do you see Singaporeans hoarding food this way in the SARS outbreak and the bird flu outbreak in the 2000s? No, we never had such a precedence. Even during the bird flu epidemic when the entire Singapore ran out of eggs, we just make do with the situation, and at most complain somewhat. SARS was even more serious but nobody went to the supermarket to hoard food. N95 masks were in short supply then, but you can still find them at expensive prices or obscure places.

Why are you blaming Singaporeans now? Why call citizens ugly Singaporeans? Is everything the fault of Singaporeans now? We all had those peaceful situations before the foreigners came in. What changed now? It was the foreigners who started the hoarding before everyone started getting worried about our food supply. If Singaporeans is to be blamed, it is because we used our votes and allowed them to come in. If citizens are the ugly Singaporean, then you are the blind ones. 

Monkey see monkey do isit! Just like Titanic 

"You jump I jump " ! Go jump GO!!!!! 

10 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

Monkey see monkey do isit! Just like Titanic 

"You jump I jump " ! Go jump GO!!!!! 

Even ugly people has brains to take care of themself, and decide when to jump and when not to jump. But blind people may not even need to jump to fall off the cliff. 

I was told by my colleagues that condoms are useful to be worn on the fingers when you need them (not really for sex) but to press lift buttons, mouse, traffic light buttons, switches etc. 

That's why the condoms are all snap up ... clever and innovative! 

18 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I was told by my colleagues that condoms are useful to be worn on the fingers when you need them (not really for sex) but to press lift buttons, mouse, traffic light buttons, switches etc. 

So it's for this?

image.png.7e0f191ba12228e88baa01f6210a909b.png

37 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Plastic bags also can... 

没文化真可怕。

Interesting to see Singaporeans still sliming PRCs when this incident basically moved all the tourists PRC back. Come on, these people are Singaporeans!

Why comment that the PRCs are rude? Singaporeans are as rude, if not more.

Why comment that the PRCs are loud? I have seen Singaporeans talking (damn) loudly in lifts and on buses.

Why comment that the PRCs are selfish? Singaporeans Chinese, like their counterparts in Malaysia, Taiwan and HK are all selfish.  Its in the blood.

52 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

That’s silly, there are actually finger gloves, can buy one pack with hundreds of them at a much cheaper rate and fit so much better, but one of the main problem is people keep touching their orifices after touching contaminated surfaces whether gloved or not.

12 minutes ago, Guest Tomato said:

没文化真可怕。

Interesting to see Singaporeans still sliming PRCs when this incident basically moved all the tourists PRC back. Come on, these people are Singaporeans!

Why comment that the PRCs are rude? Singaporeans are as rude, if not more.

Why comment that the PRCs are loud? I have seen Singaporeans talking (damn) loudly in lifts and on buses.

Why comment that the PRCs are selfish? Singaporeans Chinese, like their counterparts in Malaysia, Taiwan and HK are all selfish.  Its in the blood.

没头脑真吓人。Why do you think there are only PRC tourists here in Sg?

Why comment that the PRCs are rude?

Because it's a fact known worldwide. 

Why comment that the PRCs are loud?

Why comment that the PRCs are selfish?

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

We all had those peaceful situations before the foreigners came in. What changed now? It was the foreigners who started the hoarding before everyone started getting worried about our food supply. If Singaporeans is to be blamed, it is because we used our votes and allowed them to come in. If citizens are the ugly Singaporean, then you are the blind ones. 

I agree with this paragraph. Especially, more INDIANS coming, it is getting my nerve. 

9 hours ago, Guest Hate stirrer said:

Maii Gorng Laan Jieow Weey! So what if we are xenophobic?! Nothing wrong! KNN Puah CB! 

PRC People are the one started first! They started with mass groceries shopping in China, Singapore, Japan & etc. Singapore is NOT the only country. 

Then, 十传百 百传千! After that, just before turning orange, those 老不死的,started to send messages to everyone to do shopping! 

Blame both PRC 80% and Singaporeans 20%! 

By the way, usually, I sided the PRC. This time round, not siding. 

15 minutes ago, Guest Unjustified said:

Disposable glove is cheaper. Why waste money on condom just to under-utilise it.  Wasted.

True. And you can even cut off the five finger covers of a disposable glove and have the equivalent finger-coverage of five condoms.

And, who knows,  can one use these cut offs from the glove as condoms?  For those endowed small?

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Unless you descend from the members of the Sumatran empire of Srivijaya or from some early pirates on the island,  YOU COME FROM FOREIGNERS TOO !!

As a descendant of foreigners, you should have more respect for them!  :angry:

Guest Neh Neh
23 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

When people panic,  they just can't think anymore,  taiwanese and hongkies are snapping up toilet rolls till no more stocks,  crazy leh. 

Why toilet rolls? Scare the shit out daily meh? Haha...

11 minutes ago, Guest Neh Neh said:

Why toilet rolls? Scare the shit out daily meh? Haha...

Because they seldom use water... Waste of paper eh 

36 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Unless you descend from the members of the Sumatran empire of Srivijaya or from some early pirates on the island,  YOU COME FROM FOREIGNERS TOO !!

As a descendant of foreigners, you should have more respect for them!  :angry:

Giving you a citizenship in any country is a waste of their resources. Since humans evolved from apes, you can go kiss your daddy ancestors ape goodnight later. 

Guest Voice of reason
4 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Giving you a citizenship in any country is a waste of their resources. Since humans evolved from apes, you can go kiss your daddy ancestors ape goodnight later. 

I agree!!!!

We are immigrants no more!!!!

I would never kiss apes but Steve should!!!!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.