Male HQ

Sleep paralysis

Guest Ken Lee

Guest Ken Lee

I've been experiencing sleep paralysis few times for about two weeks now. Do you know how to stop it from happening again?

My scariest one is when I couldn’t move and saw this really old mans face in my face telling me I was going to die 😐 and I was actually awake but couldn’t scream or move. Anyone else experience this?

When does sleep paralysis happen to you?

Mine happens at the beginning of my sleep.

For me, it happens when I feel extremely tired. I will feel too tired to fall asleep and sleep paralysis will kick in. What I will do is force myself to wake up, do some light reading, watch videos or simply drink some water to wait for the tired feeling to go away before sleeping again. Dk if it helps but u can try .

This is termed 鬼压 in Chinese, broadly meaning the floating being pressing on a person.  The person can be conscious and eyes wide open, but unable to move a single inch, cry out for help, etc.  I experienced it before in a university hostel room.  Absolutely petrified and mortified... 😑

Guest Resting
15 hours ago, Guest Ken Lee said:

I've been experiencing sleep paralysis few times for about two weeks now. Do you know how to stop it from happening again?

My scariest one is when I couldn’t move and saw this really old mans face in my face telling me I was going to die 😐 and I was actually awake but couldn’t scream or move. Anyone else experience this?

What is your surrounding setting?   I don't have mirror or television in my bedroom and I don't keep toys too or wall pictures in there.   I used to have sleep paralysis regularly, nightmares too and even felt a part of my bed sank slowly next to me when I was simply resting.  I bought a Thai amulet, consecrated by a monk, from a popular outlet.  Placed them next to my bed and situation starts to improve - no more nightmare, sleep paralysis became less frequent and even if it does, I know my thai amulet is beside me to protect my well beings.  Once you developed that confidence, the paralysis will be broken naturally and you see yourself tossing in your bed to sleep again.  It depends on what is your religion, you can put a crucifix too or a prayer book next to your bed.  Pray kneeling on your bed for God's protection before going to sleep and pray Psalm 91.1 during sleep paralysis.

Spiritual aside, there are scientific evidence why you are having sleep paralysis. It could be hidden anxiety, your brain are still active  when your soul is tired and at resting stage. Thus your body is rested with an active mind - sleep paraylysis.  Just to let you know, you are not alone in this world to face such problem.

Previously, I use to catch a short nap on morning, as I not a morning person.

I usually just lay my head on the table and sleep by sitting on chair.

Most of the time I will get sleep paralysis. I usually feel like there is somebody push the back of my head, or somebody watching me sleep, and I cannot wake up and move a single muscle.

It happen so frequent that now I am fully aware that I having sleep paralysis when I having my morning nap.

So, for my solution, I just stay calm, and do not force myself to wake up or move, and just let that “somebody” watch me and push me. Eventually, I will wake up without feeling afraid or nervous.

Guest Guest

I used to have it it is either your lifestyle is unhealthy or you are overweight. when i started to lose weight and eat healthy it just suddenly go away.

Guest Ah pek

Only when I pass out from being totally drunk.

I'm conscious and can hear and feel people around me but I cannot move my limbs like they are very heavy and my whole body very heavy I cannot move.

I kind of like the feeling of sleep paralysis. Usually I get it often during a span of 2 and 3 months... during the day, I would feel very heavy, then I know it's coming. After that it stops, until the next attack.

It is quite empowering when I can finally let out a loud scream. Then my partner will say... "Another one is it?"

• 1 year later...
Guest Man in the Mirror
On 12/14/2021 at 8:10 AM, Guest Guest said:

When u still don t admit u are old .In the middle of of the night u see a old man in the mirror but actually is your own image that u forgotten that your face have change.

Ya.  Can be scary looking at your own face.  Not many people are willing to confront reality and still living in delusional state and acted like prince or princess.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.