Male HQ

No Tourist In Singapore!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I just had such a pleasent stroll in Chinatown! No tourist, no crowds! Its so quiet! It was so pleasent. Reminds me of how Singapore use to be with so much space. Restaurants and cafes have no crowds, easier to get table and service is so much better. Shops less crowded and shoppinh is more pleasent. I am in MRT now can I even got to sit! This should be the way forward.

There are so many people that rely on tourists to earn a living, so they can put food on the table to feed their families.

I think you are being rather insensitive to the Singaporeans that will be finding that times are quite tough atm.

When you have businesses having so few customers, their service will definitely improved and they don't have to worry about being very busy and keep bringing in cheap foreign labours.  Also, if ford road beach is still around, this is the best time of the year for a nude swim.

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I just had such a pleasent stroll in Chinatown! No tourist, no crowds! Its so quiet! It was so pleasent. Reminds me of how Singapore use to be with so much space. Restaurants and cafes have no crowds, easier to get table and service is so much better. Shops less crowded and shoppinh is more pleasent. I am in MRT now can I even got to sit! This should be the way forward.

Exactly precisely truely

2nd that when i was there yday.

Guest Guest
10 hours ago, passinthenight said:

There are so many people that rely on tourists to earn a living, so they can put food on the table to feed their families.

I think you are being rather insensitive to the Singaporeans that will be finding that times are quite tough atm.

10 hours ago, passinthenight said:

These people should get other jobs. They are so selfish. Singapore is so peacefu and calm now. GDP growth is nothing if we cannot enjoy our lives. Now, streets are empty, can enjoy the surroundings and shops are not crowded and better service, staffs are more attentive.

These people should get other jobs. They are so selfish. Singapore is so peacefu and calm now. GDP growth is nothing if we cannot enjoy our lives. Now, streets are empty, can enjoy the surroundings and shops are not crowded and better service, staffs are more attentive.

To call that attitude selfish is overly mild.  It is at least completely antisocial. 

And to find that it is so quiet because there are no tourists is to ignore that there are other people than tourists in Singapore.   These people are not around either.

Thought only me n u too. Give me 5. 

Guest Guest

I hope someday your wish will come true and not even one foreigner can come to SG. And let you face the consequences of it. and you will see the result of your selfishness.

Singapore tourism facts

• A total of 18.5 million international visitors came to Singapore in 2018
  • Of those, 3.4 million visitors were from mainland China, the largest country of origin. 
  • International visitor spend totalled S$27.1 billion in Singapore in 2018.
  • Constitute 4% of Singapore's GDP. 

Bear in mind it does not even take into account those arrived via the causeway. So yes,  it will be less crowded but the economic impact cannot be under estimated. 

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

I hope someday your wish will come true and not even one foreigner can come to SG. And let you face the consequences of it. and you will see the result of your selfishness.

Those days nobody travel n yet we achieve till what we are n have today. So what big deal with tourists around. Spread disease n locals die? 

Guest 吞精美眉

Yah all trades affected. Even free cock sucking for tourists!!!! Last time one day I can suck a few international dicks. Now few weeks liao, cannot get one.... 

Guest WeeWee
19 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Singapore tourism facts

• A total of 18.5 million international visitors came to Singapore in 2018
  • Of those, 3.4 million visitors were from mainland China, the largest country of origin. 
  • International visitor spend totalled S$27.1 billion in Singapore in 2018.
  • Constitute 4% of Singapore's GDP. 

Bear in mind it does not even take into account those arrived via the causeway. So yes,  it will be less crowded but the economic impact cannot be under estimated. 

Yes!! All the booms and bangs. In the end it won't trickle down to your pocket. Someone will filter, keep it and pay themselves bonuses.  You have to remain cheaper, better and faster or else, that millions of visitors will steal your lunch and kick your ass to spur you from your behind - said our PM.

You have probably not lived through those years when Singapore do not have many foreigners.  It was extremely peaceful, and Singaporeans were all treated like brothers and sisters everywhere and with utmost respect from rare foreigners who tried to blend in and behave like us.  Even the American Ang Mo, Michael Fay, who vandalised our asset, was not spared the rod from LKY despite foreign pressure.  Those were the good consquences we are all willing to face. 

56 minutes ago, Guest 吞精美眉 said:

Yah all trades affected. Even free cock sucking for tourists!!!! Last time one day I can suck a few international dicks. Now few weeks liao, cannot get one.... 

Cunt get STDs too.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Innocentguy said:

Those days nobody travel n yet we achieve till what we are n have today. So what big deal with tourists around. Spread disease n locals die? 

you are just dumb and dont know why is the govt need foreigners or tourist. You just have the highest level of dumbness.

28 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

you are just dumb and dont know why is the govt need foreigners or tourist. You just have the highest level of dumbness.

Im ok with my dumbness coz it's better than being a son of a bitch like u who appear as a guest n call ppl dumb. Confirmed u were formed by many men.

Edited by Innocentguy

Guest Guest
3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

You want to see the result of more tourists? Go talk to those people infected by the first group of Chinese tourists at the medicine store. Go see those 500 over people lying in the ward because of the coronavirus now. Go attend the funeral wake of the 75 year old Singaporean lady who died because of the COVID19. 

We are now already a living real current consequence of  rampant tourism in an already overcrowded Singapore, and yet you never learn your lesson?? Maybe you should be the one to get infected yourself, suffer the consequences yourself, and see the results of your selfishness yourself? 

59 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Better dumb than dead, you stupid. If anyone has the highest level of dumbness, it's you. 

The expectations of these naysayers (anti-tourist):

1. Expect busines owners to open a shop in CBD area;

2. Spend at least $500K to renovate it so that "the customers" can have a nice place to enjoy;

3. Allow them to have a drink and relax there all day with air-con, wifi etc.

4. The staffs have to treat them like lords & queens;

5.  Most importantly, the place can only serve very few customers so not to disturb the peaceful ambience.  

I wonder what are the buying powers of these people?  Do you think the business can last with few people?

Guest Guest

The expectations of these tourist supporters :

Crowd Singapore further to its breaking point, and have more deaths in this and the next virus outbreak, so th had they can earn more money. 

Guest Guest
12 minutes ago, Guest abc said:

The expectations of these naysayers (anti-tourist):

1. Expect busines owners to open a shop in CBD area;

2. Spend at least $500K to renovate it so that "the customers" can have a nice place to enjoy;

3. Allow them to have a drink and relax there all day with air-con, wifi etc.

4. The staffs have to treat them like lords & queens;

5.  Most importantly, the place can only serve very few customers so not to disturb the peaceful ambience.  

I wonder what are the buying powers of these people?  Do you think the business can last with few people?

Exactly, they think it is simple in that way, wiped all tourist and they will have a life of a king. Serve them champagne and work with 30k a month. They think it is as simple as wiping all tourist and they get what they want.

Guest simple maths

18.5 million tourists a year, comes to 51,388 tourists per day in Singapore. 

Even if you triple the amount of tourists to say there are peak periods with more tourists in the country (holiday season etc)  you derive at (rounded up) 155,000 tourist per day. Even double it further, makes 310,000 tourists in an extreme peak in Singapore at one day. 

Population at 5,700,000, compared to 155,000 or 310,000??? Compare the numbers please. 

3.5 million people in the workforce, just take 30% thereof commuting in public transport (the number should be higher I assume) 

makes 1 million people on the public transport every day. 

1,000,000 people in the workforce commuting against 155,000 tourists per day? 

Do you think the tourists cause the public transport to be crowded due to tourists in Singapore? 

Same goes for shops and restaurants, food courts, bars, and and and. 

Do you seriously want to tell us the tourists cause Chinatown, food courts, restaurants and placed to be crowded???

155,000 tourists in a peak season (daily number more to 51,388) create the crowding in Singapore???

300,000 tourists in Singapore in an assumed peak time cause crowding in these areas in Singapore? 

If you had some brain, you would know these rampant tourist visitors keep your GST at bay with their spending in Singapore. 

Without them the GST may had already reached at 20% levels. 

Would wanna know who's dumbness has been discovered? I assume the person behind this Guest Guest post... 

17 minutes ago, Guest simple maths said:

"Do you seriously want to tell us the tourists cause Chinatown, food courts, restaurants and placed to be crowded???"

But we can see with our own eyes. With no tourists, it's definitely more tranquil, more peaceful and serene in Singapore.

Math, in this case, did not prove your point. 

Someone must have fudged the numbers. 

Guest Guest
24 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Exactly, they think it is simple in that way, wiped all tourist and they will have a life of a king. Serve them champagne and work with 30k a month. They think it is as simple as wiping all tourist and they get what they want.

19 minutes ago, Guest simple maths said:

18.5 million tourists a year, comes to 51,388 tourists per day in Singapore. 

Even if you triple the amount of tourists to say there are peak periods with more tourists in the country (holiday season etc)  you derive at (rounded up) 155,000 tourist per day. Even double it further, makes 310,000 tourists in an extreme peak in Singapore at one day. 

Population at 5,700,000, compared to 155,000 or 310,000??? Compare the numbers please. 

3.5 million people in the workforce, just take 30% thereof commuting in public transport (the number should be higher I assume) 

makes 1 million people on the public transport every day. 

1,000,000 people in the workforce commuting against 155,000 tourists per day? 

Do you think the tourists cause the public transport to be crowded due to tourists in Singapore? 

Same goes for shops and restaurants, food courts, bars, and and and. 

Do you seriously want to tell us the tourists cause Chinatown, food courts, restaurants and placed to be crowded???

155,000 tourists in a peak season (daily number more to 51,388) create the crowding in Singapore???

300,000 tourists in Singapore in an assumed peak time cause crowding in these areas in Singapore? 

If you had some brain, you would know these rampant tourist visitors keep your GST at bay with their spending in Singapore. 

Without them the GST may had already reached at 20% levels. 

Would wanna know who's dumbness has been discovered? I assume the person behind this Guest Guest post... 

Only the stupid will rely on tourism alone to survive. Look at all those countries that relies so heavily on Tourism. Let's see how they sink to the depths of recession soon. And by the way, our GST was 0% to 3% before tourism came in. If you think tourism helped to keep our GST down, you must be the Mother of Stupid here. 

Guest Guest
2 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Only the stupid will rely on tourism alone to survive. Look at all those countries that relies so heavily on Tourism. Let's see how they sink to the depths of recession soon. And by the way, our GST was 0% to 3% before tourism came in. If you think tourism helped to keep our GST down, you must be the Mother of Stupid here. 

Then go and tell your govt this not here in BW. Tell your govt to ban all tourist and trust your word that the country will get wealthy without the tourist Go ahead! If u know better.

1 minute ago, Guest Guest said:

Then go and tell your govt this not here in BW. Tell your govt to ban all tourist and trust your word that the country will get wealthy without the tourist Go ahead! If u know better.

We told them and they just imposed a ban on tourists. Finally. Now everyone, enjoy the peace and quiet. 

Guest turning flagster
15 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Oh, interesting! 

The guy at the post with the maths numbers did not say Singapore should only rely on tourism to survive!  Go and read the previous post. The person never wrote something for Singapore to only rely on tourism spending. 

Thanks for admitting: Tourism has an impact on the economy, GDP and GST. 

I m quite sure, without the tourism spending in the past 10 years, GST had been raised much earlier and much faster. 

You just proofed again you turn your flag as you need it. 

Guest That's Why

The ministers salaries increased 1000x by upping foreigners and tourists.  Whereas ordinary citizens salary moved in the opposite directions.

Guest simple maths
33 minutes ago, superflawless said:

But we can see with our own eyes. With no tourists, it's definitely more tranquil, more peaceful and serene in Singapore.

Math, in this case, did not prove your point. 

Someone must have fudged the numbers. 

And what if less local residents go out because they are scared to get infected? 

We all know around Chinatown are not just tourists but there are plenty of locals too. 

The less crowd probably comes from both factors and not just tourists. 

The past weekends streets had been emptier and places less crowded. And it probably will get much emptier in the coming weeks. 

Taking a cab from the East to the West takes much faster than some weeks back like January 

The buses in front of my flat seem emptier too than previously. 

Singapore is a highly populated city. It is just a fact. 

With getting out the numbers I simply tried to point out the daily amount of tourists does not add as much as some people shout loud here. 

Guest Guest
48 minutes ago, Guest turning flagster said:

I m quite sure, without the tourism spending in the past 10 years, GST had been raised much earlier and much faster. 

Nobody is interested in what you are "quite sure" of. Prove it. 

48 minutes ago, Guest turning flagster said:

You just proofed again you turn your flag as you need it. 

When was the flag turned? (And please improve your English as well).

36 minutes ago, Guest simple maths said:

With getting out the numbers I simply tried to point out the daily amount of tourists does not add as much as some people shout loud here. 

I don't want to go into the detailed mathematics. But in short, your mathematics is flawed. You take the number of 18.5 million tourists a year (wherever you got that number is also questionable), and come to a conclusion that there are "51,388 tourists per day". Your assumption is already wrong because you are assuming that each of those 18.5 million tourists are only making a one-day in-and-out trip. If these tourists are staying for a 3 day trip, your "per day" numbers gets tripled. And if they are staying for a 10-days trip, your per-day number becomes 10-fold.

Real tourism numbers may not even be the frightening numbers, if we take into consideration that there are also people who comes into Singapore using their 90 -days visa validity seeking illegal employment, and then leave again for a short period of time just for the sake of coming in for another 90 days visa-free. Our immigration and MOM policies are full of loopholes for people to abuse. 

Guest Guest

so this guy wants to ban tourist and dont like tourist to be in singapore but he and his friends can be tourist in other country? so what you owned everything? such a princess

Guest Guest

so this guy wants to ban tourist and dont like tourist to be in singapore but he and his friends can be tourist in other country? so what you owned everything? such a princess

I see .... so you want to have 10 million tourists coming into Singapore because you like to be tourist in other countries and therefore we must have tourists crawling around us all over the place? so what you own nothing? such a pauper. 

Guest simple maths

Nobody is interested in what you are "quite sure" of. Prove it. 

I don't want to go into the detailed mathematics. But in short, your mathematics is flawed. You take the number of 18.5 million tourists a year (wherever you got that number is also questionable), and come to a conclusion that there are "51,388 tourists per day". Your assumption is already wrong because you are assuming that each of those 18.5 million tourists are only making a one-day in-and-out trip. If these tourists are staying for a 3 day trip, your "per day" numbers gets tripled. And if they are staying for a 10-days trip, your per-day number becomes 10-fold.

Real tourism numbers may not even be the frightening numbers, if we take into consideration that there are also people who comes into Singapore using their 90 -days visa validity seeking illegal employment, and then leave again for a short period of time just for the sake of coming in for another 90 days visa-free. Our immigration and MOM policies are full of loopholes for people to abuse. 

1. Look, I noted for you always asking others to prove matters, but you yourself never come out with any substantiation to any of your claims. Never ever. 

Lately, you even dig out fake numbers such as the population of Singapore being 6.9 million in a different thread, whereas the population of Singapore is 5.7 mil. 

2. At plenty of your posts you follow a strategy to discredit the person who wrote anything here. You follow this strategy heavily either if the other person is evidencing you state wrong things at BW or if the person is challenging what you claim by substantiating any such claims with numbers/facts or data. 

Your strategy is always to make the other person look like a untrustworthy person. 

Come up with substantiation in your own response please, before you ask others for proof. 

If you intend to rebut what others claim, then come out with substantiation and proof yourself first. 

3. Taking out the 27 billion of tourist revenue in 2018, would not have any impact on the tax revenue in Singapore? Are you serious?

S$27 billion less has no impact on tax revenue in Singapore??? GST collected would not be lower than with the 27 billion tourist revenue? 

What should I proof here? 

Others would say this is self-explanatory. 

There is no proof required. 

Logic thinking will tell you this. But that could be a challenge for you eventually. 

The arrivals in the year 2019 were 19,111,343. 

The numbers from lonelyglobe quoted were 18.5 mil.

In fact they are 18,508,302 from STB in 2018. 

It is all public data! 

here is the link:

https://www.singstat.gov.sg/find-data/search-by-theme/industry/tourism/latest-data

The incoming data from STB is dervived from the Immigration. Do you intend to challenge these public numbers as flawed and questionable???

Do you intend to spread here, the STB data is not trustworthy? 

STB publishes even monthly numbers, I m not sure on daily counts. I am sure they have daily numbers on hand but these numbers are not published.

If you calculate an average from the monthly numbers you derive at quite similar amount of daily visitors *(in average) around 51,388. 

The mathematics are not flawed because the calculation is simply an average of the total numbers. 

By the way you might refer to my post and see that I gave a range of 51,888 to 310,000 tourists per day as I m not sitting at the Immigration and counting the tourists on a daily basis. 

Compared to 3.5 mil in the workforce or 5.7 mil population in Singapore the above range does not make much difference. 

The tourists don't make up any overcrowding. 

If you doubt, then ask for the daily numbers with STB. 

The general and existing population in Singapore is the reason for any overcrowding here.

But, you can't blame the tourists, because the numbers are not significant (meaning they do not increase the overall existing population extremely.)

As in every country with a high influx of tourists, sure there will be spots and places with plenty of tourists. 

If you need to pass by the Merlion at Marina Bay during 9am to 6pm, you will surely bump into a big batch of tourists every day (in usual circumstances). 

I m quite certain the people living around the Eiffeltower would wish for less tourists or the villagers near to Castle Neuschwanstein in Bavaria. 

Maybe the tourist numbers are questionable because they don't fit into your picture. 

5. On a note: 

Your English is flawless?  I doubt so. 

Real tourism numbers may not even be the frightening numbers, if we take into consideration that there are also people who comes into Singapore . 

Eventually, you intend to improve your English also?

6. Regarding your last paragraph on social visit pass visitors I am not going to comment on this. 

But thank you for reflecting your prejudiced mindset  and obviously weird view to everyone here at BW once again. 

Guest Guest
30 minutes ago, Guest simple maths said:

1. Look, I noted for you always asking others to prove matters, but you yourself never come out with any substantiation to any of your claims. Never ever. 

Lately, you even dig out fake numbers such as the population of Singapore being 6.9 million in a different thread, whereas the population of Singapore is 5.7 mil. 

Gosh.. If until now you are still clueless what this 6.9 million population is all about, it just goes to show you are still clueless about our Singapore current affairs, and you are still completely lazy to find out more about it. So if you are not even a Singaporean, which is very telling from your single paragraph here alone, do you think you are in any position to tell us to embrace more foreigners, as a foreigner yourself? 

All your subsequent talk about your numbers doesn't show any further support as to what you had already previously said. You said you had already factored in the higher numbers, but that is only because you took into consideration the "peak season" numbers.

Why are you ignoring those peak season numbers now? Did the peak season numbers suddenly disappear simply because, like what I had pointed out, the tourists do not come in as on a one-day in-and-out but they stay for extended days instead?

So who is "turning the flag as you need it" now? Foreign talent indeed! Lol! It is pointless to argue about your oversight anymore. You are just going to cover up your oversight with more  justifications. 

5. On a note: 

Are you aware "people" can be used in either the singular or the plural sense? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

6. Regarding your last paragraph on social visit pass visitors I am not going to comment on this. 

Good to remain silent on our local current affairs of which you so obviously do not know. 

But thank you for reflecting your prejudiced mindset  and obviously weird view to everyone here at BW once again.

And I guess you think your reasoning is not prejudiced and weird? Lol. I'm so obviously talking to a kid here. So live another decade to experience real Singaporean life first, before you come here and argue with people using your holy but seriously misguided data, ok? 

Guest simple maths
4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Real tourism numbers may not even be the frightening numbers, if we take into consideration that there are also people who comes into Singapore . 

1 hour ago, Guest simple maths said:

5. On a note: 

Eventually, you intend to improve your English also?

Are you aware "people" can be used in either the singular or the plural sense? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Embarrassing grammar mistakes and how to avoid them

'persons' and 'peoples'

This is a good question. As a general rule, you’re absolutely right – person is used to refer to an individual, and the plural form is people. As you have said, we can also use peoples to talk about different groups within a nation or the world. For example:

The peoples of the world must unite to tackle climate change.
The peoples of India include Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs.

However, in both these cases, it would also be correct to use the regular plural people instead of peoples, as in:

The people of the world must unite to tackle climate change.
The people of India include Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs.

People can also be used as a singular noun! Look at this example:
The Canadians are a people who enjoy nature and spending time outside.

You really want to tell the grammar in your sentence was correct? 

In both cases your verb is wrong! 

The sentence had been correct as such: 

Real tourism numbers may not even be the frightening numbers, if we take into consideration that there are also people who come s into Singapore . 

Explanation: without "s". 

Please refrain from telling other people "to improve their English" if your English is not better! 

Guest Guest
16 minutes ago, Guest simple maths said:

Embarrassing grammar mistakes and how to avoid them

'persons' and 'peoples'

This is a good question. As a general rule, you’re absolutely right – person is used to refer to an individual, and the plural form is people. As you have said, we can also use peoples to talk about different groups within a nation or the world. For example:

The peoples of the world must unite to tackle climate change.
The peoples of India include Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs.

However, in both these cases, it would also be correct to use the regular plural people instead of peoples, as in:

The people of the world must unite to tackle climate change.
The people of India include Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs.

People can also be used as a singular noun! Look at this example:
The Canadians are a people who enjoy nature and spending time outside.

You really want to tell the grammar in your sentence was correct? (No, I don't want to tell the grammar anything. Such an embarrassing grammar mistake. We must learn not to make them! Lol!) 

In both cases your verb is wrong! 

The sentence had been correct as such: 

Real tourism numbers may not even be the frightening numbers, if we take into consideration that there are also people who come s into Singapore . 

Explanation: without "s". 

Please refrain from telling other people "to improve their English" if your English is not better! 

Now that your mathematics and logic are proven wrong, you are trying to prove your superiority in grammar?? Do better and grow up la. Stop wasting our read time. 

Guest simple maths

(No, I don't want to tell the grammar anything. Such an embarrassing grammar mistake. We must learn not to make them! Lol!) 

Now that your mathematics and logic are proven wrong, you are trying to prove your superiority in grammar?? Do better and grow up la. Stop wasting our read time. 

But you are attacking people at BW over and over on a personal and often insulting level and accuse them to be hypocrites and other nasty things. 

Initially, you had been denying that it had been a grammar mistake and wanted people to believe it was correct: 

Learn to a stand to your mistakes and stop attacking people on a personal level. 

You are not infallible yourself!!!! 

Guest simple maths

Gosh.. If until now you are still clueless what this 6.9 million population is all about, it just goes to show you are still clueless about our Singapore current affairs. So if you are not even a Singaporean, which is very telling from your single paragraph here alone, do you think you are in any position to tell us to embrace more foreigners, as a foreigner yourself? 

All your subsequent talk about your numbers doesn't show any further support as to what you had already previously said. You said you had already factored in the higher numbers, but that is only because you took into consideration the "peak season" numbers.

Why are you ignoring those peak season numbers now? Did the peak season numbers suddenly disappear simply because, like what I had pointed out, the tourists do not come in as on a one-day in-and-out but they stay for extended days instead?

So who is "turning the flag as you need it" now? Foreign talent indeed! Lol! It is pointless to argue about your oversight anymore. You are just going to cover up your oversight with more  justifications. 

And I guess you think your reasoning is not prejudiced and weird? Lol. I'm so obviously talking to a kid here. So live another decade to experience real Singaporean life first, before you come here and argue with people using your holy but seriously misguided data, ok? 

I m not aware why you always refer me as Foreign Talent? 

You have claimed at a different thread the population in Singapore as of 2020 is at 6.9 million. But this is a untruth and false. 

On 3/19/2020 at 3:36 PM, Guest Guest said:

I feel very very sorry each time I see self-defeating posts like yours. You have asked 5 questions, and I will just ask you ONE: Do we need 3.9 million foreigners including PRs and Work Passes in a country of only 3 million citizens?? 

But why do you insist to claim for the current population  in Singapore to be 6.9 million and intend other people to believe you if this is simply not true? Who tried to misguide others with false data on population???

The population White Paper of the Singapore government projected a population in 2030. A White Paper is a White Paper, the number is a projection. It is nothing else. 

It doesn't justify to state the current population at this projected number! 

But why do you insist to claim for the current population  in Singapore to be 6.9 million and intend other people to believe you if this is simply not true?

The population is at 5.7 million at the end of 2019. 

Who works with "projected" population numbers of a White Paper???

Nobody would do that. 

Simple reflects your aim to misguide readers here to believe there is such an amount of Foreigners in Singapore. 

On the tourist number I gave a range and nothing else and calculated a number to indicate a peak season, where more than probably the average amount of tourists per day is in Singapore.  There were not maths wrong. 

The tourists will not be in Singapore at once in the yearly number and won't be here in the monthly number ranging from 1.3 million per month to 1.8 million per month. 

Every proper mathematician would calculate an average and work with those numbers. 

Tourists to Singapore don't stay very long in the country considering the high hotel costs here. 

If it useless to talk how many days they stay here. 

I gave a range of 51,388 per day to 310,000 per day. 

If you don't know what a range is, then there is no need to further discuss this with you.

Sorry to say.  

Even if there are 350,000 tourists here at one particular day, they do not cause any "overcrowding" of places, because there are already 3.5 million residents in the workforce and a 5.7 million population around in Singapore. 

I am sorry if you don't have a clue what I am talking about. 

It is hopeless to discuss this further with you.  

Further, you don't give any data or even justification why the daily amount of tourists cause Singapore to be overcrowded. Also, you don't come out with any own numbers at all. 

At least I made a plausible effort to calculate some numbers to derive at a range of tourists in Singapore per day (instead of using this discussion in coming up with allegations against tourists on a Social Visit Pass in Singapore as you did and posting a smear campaign against tourists and visitors to Singapore). 

Guest Myths
6 hours ago, Guest That's Why said:

The ministers salaries increased 1000x by upping foreigners and tourists.  Whereas ordinary citizens salary moved in the opposite directions.

Myths debunked: 

The issue of whether Singaporeans have access to good jobs came to the fore recently, and MOM released an occasional paper on citizens in the labour force last week which showed that the employment rate of Singapore citizens has risen over the past decade, as has the share of professionals, managers, executives and technicians (PMETs) among working Singaporeans.

Their median real income also grew faster compared with the total resident workforce, at an average of 3.9 per cent per year over the past five years, compared with 3.8 per cent for residents.

--------------------------------------

But I admit, in my very personal opinion the salaries of Ministers in Singapore are excessive. 

Guest R-R-R
25 minutes ago, Guest Myths said:

Myths debunked: 

The issue of whether Singaporeans have access to good jobs came to the fore recently, and MOM released an occasional paper on citizens in the labour force last week which showed that the employment rate of Singapore citizens has risen over the past decade, as has the share of professionals, managers, executives and technicians (PMETs) among working Singaporeans.

Their median real income also grew faster compared with the total resident workforce, at an average of 3.9 per cent per year over the past five years, compared with 3.8 per cent for residents.

--------------------------------------

But I admit, in my very personal opinion the salaries of Ministers in Singapore are excessive. 

M OR M is not independent of the garment mouthpiece.  I also tell people to believe in roti-prata at their own risk. 

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest simple maths said:

You have claimed at a different thread the population in Singapore as of 2020 is at 6.9 million. But this is a untruth and false. 

Please link the post in which anyone make that claim of the 2020 population to let us see. Otherwise, you are lying. 

Guest simple maths

Oh, yes we know, this is your typical response pattern once you have been caught on your inaccuracies. 

1. Denial Mode

and 

2. Calling others liars.

Are you suffering a sudden memory loss? 

Gosh.. If until now you are still clueless what this 6.9 million population is all about, it just goes to show you are still clueless about our Singapore current affairs, and you are still completely lazy to find out more about it. 

What sense does it make to ask me whether I know about the 6.9 mil population number in above post and now you ask me to show you the link to the thread  where you mentioned this number???

59 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Please link the post in which anyone make that claim of the 2020 population to let us see. Otherwise, you are lying. 

Anyhow, I know where you try heading too!

Guest Guest
19 minutes ago, Guest simple maths said:

Oh, yes we know, this is your typical response pattern once you have been caught on your inaccuracies. 

1. Denial Mode

and 

2. Calling others liars.

What sense does it make to ask me whether I know about the 6.9 mil population number in above post and now you ask me to show you the link to the thread  where you mentioned this number???

Again, please show the link. Otherwise, it's just your empty talk claiming that anyone said that of the 2020 population. Are you a liar? 

On 3/25/2020 at 10:40 AM, Guest Guest said:

I noticed in BW once you use the keywords, 'FOREIGNER' 'TOURIST'.... then in few seconds war will start. I dont understand you people.

Seriously? You obviously haven't been to other forums. Try hardwarezone for a start. 

Guest Guest
On 3/25/2020 at 12:18 AM, Guest simple maths said:

1. Denial Mode

and 

2. Calling others liars.

On 3/25/2020 at 12:38 AM, Guest Guest said:

Again, please show the link. Otherwise, it's just your empty talk claiming that anyone said that of the 2020 population. Are you a liar? 

Again, where is the proof? We are still waiting for your proof. It should not be hard for you to find that proof, right? Nobody is asking you for some confidential company numbers. All you need is to show us the link to the post on BW itsr which you claimed that anyone said the 2020 Singapore population was 6.9 million.  

Guest fairfair
On 3/25/2020 at 10:40 AM, Guest Guest said:

I noticed in BW once you use the keywords, 'FOREIGNER' 'TOURIST'.... then in few seconds war will start. I dont understand you people.

On 3/26/2020 at 3:16 PM, Behrhunter said:

Seriously? You obviously haven't been to other forums. Try hardwarezone for a start. 

This is not quite the case: 

Actually wars don't start on the issue of Foreigners or tourists. 

I will tend to rebut for any statements made which are racist, fascist, xenophobe, simply blaming Foreigners without justification or any evidence backing such statements. 

Too many people always need to bring up Foreigners here at every discussion and blame foreigners on wrongs. This is mostly unjustified and mere bashing and not supported by data.  

The sort of: 

The MRT crowded

Chinatown crowded

Pointing out on Foreigners as criminals and pretending all are criminals are Foreigners (and forgetting the huge amount of Singaporeans who are criminals). 

And then reflect, how many people here report something laudable if a Foreigner is involved?

Rarely, look at the two Bangla guys who saved that kid from falling from a window ledge at an HDB. 

The one Indian tourist who brought a bag with 300,000 SGD to the police that he had found in a cab. 

And for sure nobody has an issue if you are mocking some bad behaviour of some tourists here. 

But refrain from generalising. Don't pretend all foreigners or tourists are the same. 

And don't ignore the fact for Singaporeans not all being angels. There are many black sheep Singaporeans too. 

I am sure all of us at one incident had been somehow cheated or badly treated by a Singaporean. 

There are too many here who state untrue slogans, reflecting bigotry, bias and pre-prejudices about Foreigners. This is where the problems start. 

You can do this when you have a drink with some friends at a pub, but don't utter such bullshit at public forums at BW. 

Every person has a tolerance, but just refrain of crossing a certain acceptable line. 

And unfortunately, there is one (infamous) troll guest who prefers posting provoking posts at every corner, simply to start a big mess on BW. 

Guest Guest
5 hours ago, Guest fairfair said:

And unfortunately, there is one (infamous) troll guest who prefers posting provoking posts at every corner, simply to start a big mess on BW. 

You mean... YOU? 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.