Male HQ

Company refuse to retrench old workers!

Guest Lousy

Guest Lousy

Anyone else experiencing the same? They are cutting young workers salary just to keep these useless old folks in the company! Some of them earning double or triple and should have been kicked out of the door a long time ago.

Guest Guest

Here we go again .... i hope your parents gets treated exactly the same way their son wants others to be treated. What goes around, will come around. 

Karma Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

Guest Singaporean

Leave the young or old issue aside, if retrenchment is inevitable, isn’t it right for the foreign talents to go first, while trying to retain locals?? 

The FTs do not seem to be as worried as the locals losing their jobs. 

4 hours ago, Guest Lousy said:

Anyone else experiencing the same? They are cutting young workers salary just to keep these useless old folks in the company! Some of them earning double or triple and should have been kicked out of the door a long time ago.

Exactly my stupid company. More like charity company. Keeping the oldies to snooze in the office after lunch.  

Guest U think u wat
7 hours ago, Guest Lousy said:

You think old people like to work issit. They got no choice. If they got money they will rather let the young ones take the burden of work and themselves  retire gracefully instead .

1 hour ago, Guest U think u wat said:

You think old people like to work issit. They got no choice. If they got money they will rather let the young ones take the burden of work and themselves  retire gracefully instead .

No choice ?lol

Many in my office stays in landed property or condos. Some renting out their hdbs. Company is poorer than them now .lol

Guest Supporter
10 hours ago, Guest Lousy said:

Yes!!!!  Agree with you!!!!! Your useless ageing parents should lead by example and resign or get fired immediately. 

Guest Guest
6 hours ago, Ben Ben Ben said:
9 hours ago, cutejack said:

Exactly my stupid company. More like charity company. Keeping the oldies to snooze in the office after lunch.  

Young ones got no experience ba 

6 hours ago, cutejack said:

Come on la. Everyone join the company without any knowledge.  Learn along the way. But ,for how long can a company keeps them. Till their last breath? Not logic isnt it?

HAHAHAHA ...that's exactly why you keep old ones. Imagine the day the entire company is run by people without experience. If youngsters are all so brilliant, the whole Singapore would be full of start-up unicorns like Facebook and Google already. Never mind young people cannot start up anything new on their own, still never mind. But they still want to work in old companies set up by old people, and then  evict out the old people some more? LOL. I wonder if these young people will also evict out their parents out of their own houses when they grow "old and useless". Learn along the way? Yeah, wait till you  bankrupt the whole company.

Guest Guest

If I am in government. I will be brave and take the bold move to retrench all old peoole 40 years and above. This is to ensure the young in the country have a bright prospect. Business owners age 40 and above will have to transfer their business to the young.

Do not get me wrong. These old people above 40 years old still have value on society. They can be deployed to do the necessary jobs like cleaners, sanitary disposal services, delivery services, cleaning services, maids, cooks, drivers, and other jobs in the service sector. They still can be useful.

This will ensure Singapore remains relavant and be competative while giving the old people 40 years old and above some dignity before they leave for JB to live out their lives.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

HAHAHAHA ...that's exactly why you keep old ones. Imagine the day the entire company is run by people without experience. If youngsters are all so brilliant, the whole Singapore would be full of start-up unicorns like Facebook and Google already. Never mind young people cannot start up anything new on their own, still never mind. But they still want to work in old companies set up by old people, and then  evict out the old people some more? LOL. I wonder if these young people will also evict out their parents out of their own houses when they grow "old and useless". Learn along the way? Yeah, wait till you  bankrupt the whole company.

My point of view, work place n home is 2 different things. We are referring to the aged ppl behaviour n benefits as an employee n not towards family. In fact if every company hire n keep youngsters. These youngsters will bring home their salary to take care of their parents. Govt should recognise this type of culture which is a blessing for everyone indeed.

Guest Guest
21 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

If I am in government. I will be brave and take the bold move to retrench all old peoole 40 years and above. This is to ensure the young in the country have a bright prospect. Business owners age 40 and above will have to transfer their business to the young.

Do not get me wrong. These old people above 40 years old still have value on society. They can be deployed to do the necessary jobs like cleaners, sanitary disposal services, delivery services, cleaning services, maids, cooks, drivers, and other jobs in the service sector. They still can be useful.

This will ensure Singapore remains relavant and be competative while giving the old people 40 years old and above some dignity before they leave for JB to live out their lives

I guess you are not even 40 years old and you already think so highly of yourself? Yeah, if every company continue hiring youngsters like you, the world will be going through, not a recession, but a DEPRESSION soon.

17 minutes ago, cutejack said:

My point of view, work place n home is 2 different things. We are referring to the aged ppl behaviour n benefits as an employee n not towards family. In fact if every company hire n keep youngsters. These youngsters will bring home their salary to take care of their parents. Govt should recognise this type of culture which is a blessing for everyone indeed.

Are you already doing that to your parents? Your own salary may not even be sufficient to keep yourself in survival mode, and you want to talk about supporting parents? This naivety is the reason why you need mature workers in the workplaces. Don’t forget those people with those high high salaries were the ones to bring home the bacon to feed the young punks like you when you were kids. So now, if you think your miserable salary paid to you for your miserable experience is going to be sufficient to pay for your entire family’s lifestyle? If so, please go ahead and ask your parents to quit and leave their jobs for youngsters like you, cos you can support them. LOL! You want higher pay? Sure! Go earn more experience and earn money for the company or be the #1 Money Generator for the company. Otherwise, go start up your own company and be your own boss! 

Guest retired

I want to applaud the company from refraining to retrench older worker. 

Once retrenched they won't find work, can only collect cans from rubish bin or cardboards from street. 

Young person can do grab food or drive taxi, invent new app or work as life style influencer. 

Just for info : Govment pay extra to keep old worker. Now company must employ older worker up to 67, cannot retrench if worker wants to continue. No choice, it's obligation. 

If not Ms Teo will come and bang head of Employer and wack him thru all forum. 

59 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I guess you are not even 40 years old and you already think so highly of yourself? Yeah, if every company continue hiring youngsters like you, the world will be going through, not a recession, but a DEPRESSION soon.

Are you already doing that to your parents? Your own salary may not even be sufficient to keep yourself in survival mode, and you want to talk about supporting parents? This naivety is the reason why you need mature workers in the workplaces. Don’t forget those people with those high high salaries were the ones to bring home the bacon to feed the young punks like you when you were kids. So now, if you think your miserable salary paid to you for your miserable experience is going to be sufficient to pay for your entire family’s lifestyle? If so, please go ahead and ask your parents to quit and leave their jobs for youngsters like you, cos you can support them. LOL! You want higher pay? Sure! Go earn more experience and earn money for the company or be the #1 Money Generator for the company. Otherwise, go start up your own company and be your own boss! 

Dude, do u know anything abt me before even speaking ? Haha

My mum has zero cpf as she never work before. My edu level is only up to diploma. My mum's medical appmt are all in private hosp like mt alvernia n mt elizabeth till her last breath 2 years back. I can afford coz i believe in " when there's a will, there's  a way" . This is why i mentioned earlier there's a blessing in everything we do for our parents. Thus ,company should hire younger ppl n these younger ones to take care their elderly at home. Support them. Provide them. Everyone gain include the company coz new younger ones salary is much lower n with positive working attitudes. 😊 

Guest Guest

Young people are disruptors. We do not follow the old ways of doing things. We throw away the rule book.

We invent twitter, insta and tik tok. We are the social influencers. We are the disruptors.

You old people can go to your facebook amd shop at NTUC while we renagade and tik tok the hell out of you. 

Parents and old folks can go live in JB and eat bak kut teh and go watsons.

Guest Guest
31 minutes ago, cutejack said:

Dude, do u know anything abt me before even speaking ? Haha

My mum has zero cpf as she never work before. My edu level is only up to diploma. My mum's medical appmt are all in private hosp like mt alvernia n mt elizabeth till her last breath 2 years back. I can afford coz i believe in " when there's a will, there's  a way" . This is why i mentioned earlier there's a blessing in everything we do for our parents. Thus ,company should hire younger ppl n these younger ones to take care their elderly at home. Support them. Provide them. Everyone gain include the company coz new younger ones salary is much lower n with positive working attitudes. 😊 

Of course when there's a will, there's a way. Putting old folks in private hospitals nowadays is a piece of cake when medical insurance covers so many things. But does insurance covered your education and your food and your living expenses? I hope your mother was retrenched as early as the age of 40 (like what the other Guest Guest has said above) so that you could take care of her when you were, maybe, 10 years old?  You think nobody wants to stay home to enjoy life? You think everyone is looking for longer retirement age like what the government is trying to do. If not for how badly paid the older generations were when they first started out at the company, I think they could have stayed home to enjoy life by now.  This is what a lack of minimum wage will do to the society. 

Guest Guest
36 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Young people are disruptors. We do not follow the old ways of doing things. We throw away the rule book.

We invent twitter, insta and tik tok. We are the social influencers. We are the disruptors.

You old people can go to your facebook amd shop at NTUC while we renagade and tik tok the hell out of you. 

Parents and old folks can go live in JB and eat bak kut teh and go watsons.

Guess who invented and build all the computers and the mobile phones which you "disruptors" are using to see your "twitter, insta and tik tok"?  After all that you have said, you are only building on the very infra structure which the old generation had come up with. Grow a spine and do better! Hahahahaha ... 

Guest Guest
2 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Guess who invented and build all the computers and the mobile phones which you "disruptors" are using to see your "twitter, insta and tik tok"?  After all that you have said, you are only building on the very infra structure which the old generation had come up with. Grow a spine and do better! Hahahahaha ... 

Living on past glories? Cannot let go? Typical of old people.

56 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Of course when there's a will, there's a way. Putting old folks in private hospitals nowadays is a piece of cake when medical insurance covers so many things. But does insurance covered your education and your food and your living expenses? I hope your mother was retrenched as early as the age of 40 (like what the other Guest Guest has said above) so that you could take care of her when you were, maybe, 10 years old?  You think nobody wants to stay home to enjoy life? You think everyone is looking for longer retirement age like what the government is trying to do. If not for how badly paid the older generations were when they first started out at the company, I think they could have stayed home to enjoy life by now.  This is what a lack of minimum wage will do to the society. 

Last but not least,  anyone can stay at home to spend time with children n husband. Its purely "greediness" to have more when oredi have enough of everything.

That's where this virus kicks in. 

Again purely a lesson from the GOD but sadly no one realise that. 

Ps. Again i repeat, my late mum's cpf was zero coz she never work before. She loves her family till she controls her urge to enjoy life n live within my dad's earnings. No insurance for her. 

Purely my siblings n my cash flow.

God bless all those who into love than money n luxury in life. Our bank balance is not in our hands but in HIS. Yes. We can try hard to earn as much as possible saying nothing is enough. But whether we could spend n hold what we earned is in HIS hands.

Edited by cutejack

Guest Guest

Living on past glories? Cannot let go? Typical of old people.

Living off the old money and forgotten the old accomplishments? The hard truth remains that youngsters nowadays are still reliant on the old generation for income, either by working for the old generation or working for the old companies. Otherwise, these young generations can feel free to start up your own companies, get your own fresh funding from your new generation companies, and make sure you will still be around in business for the next 50 years. At least old folks got past glories to boast about. Young punks like you are just full of gusto and full of hot air, but no balls, no spine, and NO GLORIES, PAST OR FUTURE. LOL!

Guest Guest
13 minutes ago, cutejack said:

Last but not least,  anyone can stay at home to spend time with children n husband. Its purely "greediness" to have more when oredi have enough of everything.

In case you have forgotten, you are the one complaining about mature workers in the company. Since you yourself says anyone can stay home, then you stay lor...Who asked you to subject yourself to work with old mature workers int the company? GOD? Leave your life in the hands of your own God like the way you preach lor! Anyone stopping you? You yourself said when there is a will, there is a way. Nobody is stopping you right?

Are you a hypocrite? Did your God teach you to be a hypocrite to use his name on others but not on yourself? 

12 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

In case you have forgotten, you are the one complaining about mature workers in the company. Since you yourself says anyone can stay home, then you stay lor...Who asked you to subject yourself to work with old mature workers int the company? GOD? Leave your life in the hands of your own God like the way you preach lor! Anyone stopping you? You yourself said when there is a will, there is a way. Nobody is stopping you right?

Are you a hypocrite? Did your God teach you to be a hypocrite to use his name on others but not on yourself? 

Fyi, im still young n as a male i need a job n have my commitments like hdb loans. By God's grace n im a very simple n homely guy, hopefully by the age of 60? I could retire n spend more time on religious thingy. After all we need to leave behind everything on earth when we depart. My point of view. 

16 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

In case you have forgotten, you are the one complaining about mature workers in the company. Since you yourself says anyone can stay home, then you stay lor...Who asked you to subject yourself to work with old mature workers int the company? GOD?  

Btw, if you scroll up n see what ts brought up or start abt the topic, im supporting n has the same idea as him, not complaining. I find it facts because many matured in 60s in my office who snooze n holding the computer mouse pretending to be working when there's isnt much work for them. Y is this drama when someone young n fresh grad in need of job n money? Hope this clarifies. 

I think the point raised here is that the older workers are complacent that they are able to keep their jobs, so the younger ones get pushed to do things from the older workers, and when people are fired, the younger ones get fired first since there's lesser compensate.

Not only do younger gals and guys do more work but they also get fired first and pay is lesser which I find is ???

Maybe my perspective is only from what I see and is not applicable to everyone here.

Speaking loudly, suffers softly. Smiles so wide, cuts unseen inside.

Bitin' the bullet, but never kick the bucket.

Guest Guest
10 minutes ago, cutejack said:

Btw, if you scroll up n see what ts brought up or start abt the topic, im supporting n has the same idea as him, not complaining. I find it facts because many matured in 60s in my office who snooze n holding the computer mouse pretending to be working when there's isnt much work for them. Y is this drama when someone young n fresh grad in need of job n money? Hope this clarifies. 

Supporting someone with the same idea and complaining are just two sides of the same coin. Don't think you are the only person who can find mature people in the 60s snoozing and holding the computer mouse pretending to be working. Easily 50% of the young chaps in the office are pretending to be working but is actually on facebook or instagram having social fun.You think we don't know? You think you young fresh grad is the only one in need of job and money and nobody else? You got to be kidding me.  Let's hope you remember you supported someone who wanted people above 40 years old to be retrenched, when you turn 40 years old yourself. Good luck! 

You might be a Christian/Catholic, but don't forget this picture. What goes around will come around.

No worries. We are getting more and more ageist day by day. Those complaining that the oldies still get their jobs will find that at age 40, they themselves will get retrenched and forced to take on whatever paltry part time jobs they can to support their children. They will then see the irony of their ageist thinking today that the old ones should make way for the young ones. 

I don't know where you get to see young chaps being lazy on their job but that does not mean that I would allow the young chaps to keep their job.

If we can shift the focus from age to job competency then at least that's one thing less to discuss.

I don't eat on time. I have to work when I don't want to. I sleep with my laptop and sometimes I wake up worried about what questions I have to answer.

The problem started with TS zeroing in on older workers who has to be retrenched. Retrenchment should be based on contributions to the company and not solely on age (whether young or old). TS said they r cutting younger staff's salary to keep the older ones. Maybe the company took into consideration the older ones have more mouths to feed? if you are in your 40s and 50s, you still have school going children. That older person could just be your dad and mom having to support your school going brother and sister.  

Edited by lean n mean

17 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Supporting someone with the same idea and complaining are just two sides of the same coin. Don't think you are the only person who can find mature people in the 60s snoozing and holding the computer mouse pretending to be working. Easily 50% of the young chaps in the office are pretending to be working but is actually on facebook or instagram having social fun.You think we don't know? You think you young fresh grad is the only one in need of job and money and nobody else? You got to be kidding me.  Let's hope you remember you supported someone who wanted people above 40 years old to be retrenched, when you turn 40 years old yourself. Good luck! 

You might be a Christian/Catholic, but don't forget this picture. What goes around will come around.

I make myself clear.

Im not saying those in 40s, im referring to those in 60s n time to retire, pls do so. N companies do not hesitate to let them go home as they are richer than the employer. N fyi, im not a Christian or catholic. Every human born with a religion n its good to live in the fear of yr own conscience n respective GOD. 

Btw, telling someone to stay at home at the right old age is not a crime or sinful. What karma has to do in this ? Hilarious. U r a funny guy. Take care.

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, cutejack said:

I make myself clear.

Im not saying those in 40s, im referring to those in 60s n time to retire, pls do so. N companies do not hesitate to let them go home as they are richer than the employer. N fyi, im not a Christian or catholic. Every human born with a religion n its good to live in the fear of yr own conscience n respective GOD. 

Btw, telling someone to stay at home at the right old age is not a crime or sinful. What karma has to do in this ? Hilarious. U r a funny guy. Take care.

It doesn't really matter if the people you are suggested for retrenchment to be in their 60s, 50s or 40s. The fact that you are targeting specific age group is already an infringement of the LAW. That' why I say if this world is run by ignorant youngsters like you, companies will go bankrupt! if telling people to stay at home at the right old age is not a crime or sinful, theni guess it is also not sinful for hoping you to be fired for entertaining such illegal ideas and potentially implementing/suggesting them, and then potentially getting the company into trouble? 

2 hours ago, lean n mean said:

hopefully by the age of 60 I could retire n spend more time on religious thingy " - you want oldies to quit but when it comes to you, u hope to retire by 60 :)

He's a hypocrite, that's why. 

2 hours ago, feedersmiracle said:

I don't know where you get to see young chaps being lazy on their job but that does not mean that I would allow the young chaps to keep their job.

If we can shift the focus from age to job competency then at least that's one thing less to discuss.

I don't eat on time. I have to work when I don't want to. I sleep with my laptop and sometimes I wake up worried about what questions I have to answer.

If you don't believe me, go take a look around your own office and see for yourself. How many of them updated their Facebook and Instagram and TicTok or whatever during office hours? You don't eat on time is a matter of your own personal bad habit You having to work when you don't want to, is a situation for everyone, and not just you. You are not the only person, young or old, who wakes up with concerns over their work. 

But you are right to point out that the important thing is work competency, which is NOT how this topic started in the first place, and also NOT how someone supported TS at the beginning too.  

I don't have social media so there's nothing to update. The only idle time I usually have is lunch or when going toilet to pee. Lol. My other 3 colleagues are also working to the same extent as me. Maybe press game during lunch but nothing else other than that.

If you don't believe me, go take a look around your own office and see for yourself. How many of them updated their Facebook and Instagram and TicTok or whatever during office hours? You don't eat on time is a matter of your own personal bad habit You having to work when you don't want to, is a situation for everyone, and not just you. You are not the only person, young or old, who wakes up with concerns over their work. 

But you are right to point out that the important thing is work competency, which is NOT how this topic started in the first place, and also NOT how someone supported TS at the beginning too.  

15 hours ago, cutejack said:

No choice ?lol

Many in my office stays in landed property or condos. Some renting out their hdbs. Company is poorer than them now .lol

No wonder they are so loyal to their company and refused to budge.

Don't read and response to guests' post

On 4/2/2020 at 12:05 AM, lean n mean said:

hopefully by the age of 60 I could retire n spend more time on religious thingy " - you want oldies to quit but when it comes to you, u hope to retire by 60 :)

I retired at 56 but I didn't spend one second on religious thingy...  unless you count the time spent arguing with religious fanatics.

In reality what can be interesting is the humanistic aspect of religion.

On 4/1/2020 at 7:32 PM, Guest Guest said:

Singapore should sing praises to God and offer Him 90 virgins

for the blessing of not having you in government !

Guest Xoxom
On 4/2/2020 at 11:58 AM, cutejack said:

That's where this virus kicks in. 

Again purely a lesson from the GOD but sadly no one realise that. 

Ps. Again i repeat, my late mum's cpf was zero coz she never work before. She loves her family till she controls her urge to enjoy life n live within my dad's earnings. No insurance for her. 

Purely my siblings n my cash flow.

God bless all those who into love than money n luxury in life. Our bank balance is not in our hands but in HIS. Yes. We can try hard to earn as much as possible saying nothing is enough. But whether we could spend n hold what we earned is in HIS hands.

Reading your post is so distasteful and I feel you are a shit y unhappy person insdie regardless of what you th nk you have done well for your mom...to make yourself feel better...unfortunately you're just one misguided a-hole who believes God will provide you and then goes around hating everyone and mostly yourself....I understand you don't have much education or opportunities to explore the world and open your mind and your heart but just don't lie to yourself and acknowledge the bitter person you are and hopefully you can change and your life will get better....but I doubt it....

If your employer is systematically retaining freeloaders and shortchanging talent that deserves to be nurtured, the problem lies in their human resource strategy and execution. Be careful not to suggest that employees who are near retirement age are necessarily freeloaders; non-performing employees are present in every age group of the workforce.

3 hours ago, Guest Xoxom said:

Reading your post is so distasteful and I feel you are a shit y unhappy person insdie regardless of what you th nk you have done well for your mom...to make yourself feel better...unfortunately you're just one misguided a-hole who believes God will provide you and then goes around hating everyone and mostly yourself....I understand you don't have much education or opportunities to explore the world and open your mind and your heart but just don't lie to yourself and acknowledge the bitter person you are and hopefully you can change and your life will get better....but I doubt it....

Oh u again after 2 days. Hahaha..weekend boring u are having i guess.Thanks for yr judgement ? Guessing ? Abt me and thanks for yr wishes to change my life. Whatever mind yr life first. Go n earn money like a prostitute eventhough the entire world is dying of virus. U go n earn money till ur last breath so that you can have a luxury funeral. All the best ya.

Edited by cutejack

On 4/2/2020 at 8:32 AM, Guest Guest said:

This will ensure Singapore remains relavant and be competative while giving the old people 40 years old and above some dignity before they leave for JB to live out their lives.

You should tell this to your parents and see how they respond. Cost of living is so high in Singapore that people above 40,50,60 have to work to survive and bring dole to the family. I presumed you are a young man who thinks you are better educated, faster and entitled to be employed in a good position by the government, and older people should to be reduced to Cleaners and delivery people like what you suggested. That’s so self centred of you. How would you feel once you reached 40 and above, your boss demotes you to a cleaner but suddenly you realize your parents are getting old and need a maid to take care of them or you need to take care of their medical bills due to their chronic illness? Or that your children need to further their studies and you need more income at that stage of life? You still want to be reduced to a cleaner since you’ve reached 40 and above?  

Guest Guest

Most younger ones do not have much respect and courtesy towards the  more senior and experienced staff these days ......many do not even obey instructions and orders given 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.