Male HQ

Canned Stewed Pork From China Is Back!

Baloo

Just saw a whole shelf of Nacissis (spelling?) Stewed Port/BBQ Pork, Trotters, etc in their familiar yellow cans at a neighbourhood mini-mart...

bought a few cans... it's been so long since they were off our shelves... good to have them back!!!

great to use for frying home fried bee hoon, or simply with plain rice... hot and steamy...

Guest Meat slicer
Just saw a whole shelf of Nacissis (spelling?) Stewed Port/BBQ Pork, Trotters, etc in their familiar yellow cans at a neighbourhood mini-mart...

bought a few cans... it's been so long since they were off our shelves... good to have them back!!!

great to use for frying home fried bee hoon, or simply with plain rice... hot and steamy...

I already ate them few weeks ago, I fried it and almost finished the whole cann into my stomach.

I went to Shop & Save, they have the Spicy Pork Cubes, but at $3 a can!

Before they disappeared from the shelves previously, they were going for only

$1.20 a can, and I remembered it once went on sale for $1 a can.

What was the official inflation rate again? 7.5% ?

Wow ,pretty expensive.Time to switch more intake of vegetables.

• 3 weeks later...

you can even do this to a packet of instant noodle... just drain the soup and you have kon lo meen... with the sauce and pork, add in some greens... and wow...

of course you cannot add a whole can in to one packet of instant noodle.. use 2 or 3 packets to one can... no need to add any other thing leow... it's damn quick and easy... and knn super duper tasty too...

or if you prefer, one packet instant noodles, and you pour the can of pork into a separate container, and portion it out... one small can can do 2 packets noodles... or more...

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agreed with you.. The prices are much too high.

With such escalating prices, no wonder I have been eating more vegetables nowadays and have given up canned food (except for mushrooms..)

• 2 months later...

I would say it's unrealistic to expect import canned meat to cost less than SGD$2 per can anymore. With quality control and checks added to the total cost of production, the prices are bound to increase as such assurance cost is not cheep.

the new price bring it nearer the 'normal price' as you would see in brands from Europe like Tulip etc...

It won't stop me from buying the stewed pork from China - as long as quality assurance is done, it's safe, and it's damn yummy...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.