Male HQ

I drank CocaCola and felt sick

Guest Zero Cokey

Guest Zero Cokey

I have not been drinking soft drinks for many years because I am very health conscious - only take fruit juice.   Today, I wanted to pamper myself with a little splurge on Coke Zero.  Instantly,  my body couldn't react well,  I felt sick and feverish.  Was it me or the can drink?  Anyone felt the same after drinking gassy sugary drink?  After my body reacted unfavourably,  I have decided that all other drinks from Kikapo, Pepsi, Fanta & F&N will be strictly out of bound from my future diet. 

I am still feeling "funny" as I typed.

Guest Zero Cokey
8 minutes ago, aelwaien said:

I think it's called a sugar rush. 

How can that be?  Most of the foods we ate are high in sugar content, including juices and pastries.  My goodness, I am forcing myself to drink more plain water to purge out the coke from my body.  Going to pee regularly later in the night.

Guest guest

It could be when your body already been clean and clear of certain foods, suddenly you eat it, your body might rejected it and ended up unwell or sick. Like some people long long time never eat fried food, and suddenly eat one day, the person might ended up with sore throat and serious throat inflammation.

5 minutes ago, Guest Zero Cokey said:

How can that be?  Most of the foods we ate are high in sugar content, including juices and pastries.  My goodness, I am forcing myself to drink more plain water to purge out the coke from my body.  Going to pee regularly later in the night.

It could be caffeine in the coke perhaps. Hard to zero in to which part of it caused your symptoms. 

I'm no food scientist. Haha. 

Your should have taken Pepsi and you won't have such a problem. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

1 hour ago, aelwaien said:

I think it's called a sugar rush. 

Fruit juice has very high sugar content. That is why I do not drink it. Fruits is in fact not that healthy when not taken in moderation. Worst for people with diabetes or want to lose weight.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

1 hour ago, Guest Zero Cokey said:

I have not been drinking soft drinks for many years because I am very health conscious - only take fruit juice.   Today, I wanted to pamper myself with a little splurge on Coke Zero.  Instantly,  my body couldn't react well,  I felt sick and feverish.  Was it me or the can drink?  Anyone felt the same after drinking gassy sugary drink?  After my body reacted unfavourably,  I have decided that all other drinks from Kikapo, Pepsi, Fanta & F&N will be strictly out of bound from my future diet. 

I only drink Coke Cola ZERO or DIET Coke given my diabetes. There is no real sugar contain in them nor is there caffeine which is another component that can cause heart palpitation if you are someone who do not take caffeine drinks often. Usually if you drink coffee which has higher caffeine content, drinking a normal coke cola is no biggie for caffeine to effect you.

Artificial sugar could be the issue but unlikely, not from just ONE can or bottle drink. Was yours from a bottle or canned or was it dispense to you from a kopitiam shop?

If you can not duplicate this effect again on another day or a few times in a roll, the Coke zero might not be the problem but something else you at, a cause of food poison. Allergy is likely but unless you go thru a series of elimination, you might not know and we are speculating.

Note: If you really want to help your health and diet, you should take even less fruit juices. If you want, you should eat the fruit itself. The sugar they pour into each cup of juice at a stall or supermarket is also very high in sugar. Sugar is not good for you ifyou study this further on medical sites and dietary sites. I cut down my sugar to just the bare essential and I have noticed a big change and that has halved my diabetic medication.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

I too had a bad experience some months back. I actually punch for a can of normal coke but the drink machine dispensed a coke zero. My whole body reacted with skin eruptions from eczema. Think it's the artificial sugar in coke zero. It can trigger different allergy reaction (such as breathing difficulties) for different people. If still unwell tmrw pl see doc immediately. Take care.

What are the symptoms of being allergic to aspartame?

The 14 aspartame sensitivity symptoms assessed were:

headache.

mood swings.

hot or flushed.

nausea.

tiredness.

dizziness.

nasal congestion.

visual problems.

2 hours ago, Guest Zero Cokey said:

Try cock instead.  

8 minutes ago, cutejack said:

Try cock instead.  

Which brand?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Gay boy
8 hours ago, cutejack said:

Aiyah. time to die ,drink holy water also die la. 

When I was a young boy, my mom make us drank Taoist holy water by burning an amulet and placed inside the water. She said it was for our protection, I think she wanted to turn me straight because I look very Gay at 10yo.

13 hours ago, Guest Zero Cokey said:

I feel funny too reading such.  Such thing, I will tell my friend lah , colleague lah , or family 

I dont go on a gay forum and share ..... what to expect from cyber strangers ??  

Totally irrelevant 

2 hours ago, Guest Gay boy said:

When I was a young boy, my mom make us drank Taoist holy water by burning an amulet and placed inside the water. She said it was for our protection, I think she wanted to turn me straight because I look very Gay at 10yo.

Lol. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2020 at 9:43 AM, Guest Zero Cokey said:

On 6/22/2020 at 9:57 AM, Guest Zero Cokey said:

Nutrition experts have been already warning for years of the danger of drinking soft drinks like coca cola. And it is not only the "classic" but all the other varieties that have tried to keep the demand up while replacing sugar with other stuff.

Fruit juices are being discouraged too.  While fructose in the whole fruit may not be so damaging, the sugary juice without the pulp has all the damaging effect of sugar.

NEVER get a child addicted to soft drinks or fruit juices.  The "vitamin C" benefits pale in comparison with the harm from sugar.   Plain water is the way to go.

For an adult, to drink tea or coffee in moderation should replace any cravings for soft drinks or "juices".

Soft drinks, bubble tea, thai milk tea, most packaged or bottle fruit juice = bad for you!

Freshly squeezed (or cold pressed/pressurised) with no additives (preferrably not from concentrate), and not pasteurised = healthy

Water (preferably out of the tap and in your own non plastic re-usable bottle) = healthy and sustainable

1 hour ago, NudeBro said:

Freshly squeezed (or cold pressed/pressurised) with no additives (preferrably not from concentrate), and not pasteurised = healthy

Freshly squeezed may be practical for those who don't have teeth, and cannot benefit from, or enjoy, eating the whole fruit.

Guest Boy Rainbow
9 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

NEVER get a child addicted to soft drinks or fruit juices. 

Oh no!!!  Too late for me.  I used to drink tonnes of soft drinks, made of different colors and brand, because I was lured by their colorful advertisments.  There has to be some explanation for this, you know, young kids like me used to love colors and have them inside me thinking it will make my life colorful. Now, people said I smell sweet and taste like honey and you know why already.😛

8 hours ago, Guest Boy Rainbow said:

Oh no!!!  Too late for me.  I used to drink tonnes of soft drinks, made of different colors and brand, because I was lured by their colorful advertisments.  There has to be some explanation for this, you know, young kids like me used to love colors and have them inside me thinking it will make my life colorful. Now, people said I smell sweet and taste like honey and you know why already.😛

Maybe by some gift of nature the sugar in soft drinks instead of being absorbed by your digestive system and tax your pancreas,  got infused into your spirit,  and now you are a suit person :) 

Guest America's fault
15 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Maybe by some gift of nature the sugar in soft drinks instead of being absorbed by your digestive system and tax your pancreas,  got infused into your spirit,  and now you are a suit person :) 

A lot of unhealthy food and drinks were imported and started to make a supposedly healthy Asian looking funny. 

5 minutes ago, Guest America's fault said:

A lot of unhealthy food and drinks were imported and started to make a supposedly healthy Asian looking funny. 

I don't remember reading in history books that American forces invaded Singapore accompanied with the builders of Coca Cola and McDonald's  and forced with their guns the poor Singaporeans to drink and eat the American stuff. 

What came first, the chicken or the egg?  Didn't Coca Cola and McDonald's set foot in SG because SG loved them?

Guest America's fault
25 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

I don't remember reading in history books that American forces invaded Singapore accompanied with the builders of Coca Cola and McDonald's  and forced with their guns the poor Singaporeans to drink and eat the American stuff. 

Adverisments, false claims, brain washing all over the cinemas screens are the worse weapon.  

Guest Try and see
On 6/22/2020 at 10:43 PM, Guest Zero Cokey said:

I haven't had Coke, Pepsi or Root Bear for years. The few times that I tried to drink Coke or Root Bear after exercising, I felt like throwing it up. And often, the "sick" feeling will remain for an hour or two.

And to think that I was a Coke addict as a kid. Every recess in pri and sec school I must have Coke. It was only until around NS or university that I decided to stop drinking Coke completely. 

So maybe your body is not used to the sudden influx of chemicals (in the Coke) entering your body.

Also, i think the effect is lesser if you drink Coke with food. Somehow, the "sick" feeling is stronger if you drink Coke alone without food.

On 7/9/2020 at 11:20 PM, Guest America's fault said:

Adverisments, false claims, brain washing all over the cinemas screens are the worse weapon.  

How come?  Aren't Singaporeans proud of their high level of education?

So how can they let themselves be brain-washed by stupid commercials?

Or is it the temptation of the pleasures of the flesh? (since sexual morality is so high...)

Guest A very Healthy Bird
On 7/12/2020 at 1:00 AM, Steve5380 said:

Or is it the temptation of the pleasures of the flesh? (since sexual morality is so high...)

Nope!!   Coca Cola is a new form of drug. No wonder most American are Obese (including the policemen).  Time to ban all soft drinks in Singapore and encourage everyone to drink freshly picked Matcha Green Tea.

Guest guest
On 7/11/2020 at 7:07 PM, Guest Try and see said:

I haven't had Coke, Pepsi or Root Bear for years. The few times that I tried to drink Coke or Root Bear after exercising, I felt like throwing it up. And often, the "sick" feeling will remain for an hour or two.

And to think that I was a Coke addict as a kid. Every recess in pri and sec school I must have Coke. It was only until around NS or university that I decided to stop drinking Coke completely. 

So maybe your body is not used to the sudden influx of chemicals (in the Coke) entering your body.

Also, i think the effect is lesser if you drink Coke with food. Somehow, the "sick" feeling is stronger if you drink Coke alone without food.

If your body is too clean for certain food for very long period, if you suddenly eat them, your body high chance will reject and give make you feel sick or fall sick. Example i have not been eating fried food and chili for many many years, if i now eat even only a bit of them, i would ended up with a throat inflammation, sore throat or cough. 

3 hours ago, Guest A very Healthy Bird said:

Nope!!   Coca Cola is a new form of drug. No wonder most American are Obese (including the policemen).  Time to ban all soft drinks in Singapore and encourage everyone to drink freshly picked Matcha Green Tea.

Matcha green tea is excellent!  With this, how can one drink this contaminated water called Coca Cola?

• 1 year later...
Guest Bruce98
On 7/13/2020 at 9:15 PM, Steve5380 said:

Matcha green tea is excellent!  With this, how can one drink this contaminated water called Coca Cola?

It is the national drink of Mexicans. Don't you know it?

On 5/18/2022 at 11:57 AM, Guest Bruce98 said:

It is the national drink of Mexicans. Don't you know it?

Yes, I know how Mexicans poison themselves with Coca Cola.  Yet there are some of them who make it into old age.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.