Male HQ

Is it really a must to have savings for 6 months?

Guest Justin

1 minute ago, Guest guest said:

$75k for a 5 room flat? Confirmed?

His paragraph implies that it was a cheap purchase. 

Maybe it was in the 80s or 90s.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest guest
1 minute ago, fab said:

His paragraph implies that it was a cheap purchase. 

Maybe it was in the 80s or 90s.

If house bought in the 80s or 90s, then it was quite cheap. Should have full paid the house long ago.

40 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

$75k for a 5 room flat? Confirmed?

Maybe 40 years ago. 

5 hours ago, MikeC said:

Probably among the pioneers who shifted into Tampines New Town in the mid to late 1980s.  Still period of high social mobility where HDB was prob one of the best investments around.

Yes, it was real cheap. I got my flat in the early 90s as HDB trying hard to promote Tampines New Town.

I am ready to hear the unbelievable remarks coming from some members here. And I want to say that the loan instalment was only 5 years. Yeah, another unimaginable fact.

Gone was the slogan by HDB, "Cheap & Affordable Housing".

Nowadays many of you have to take up a 25 years loan, 

And my slogan to you is, "After paying off Your Loan, Work, Work & Work till the Day You Die."

How much money remain in your CPF after 25 years, probably you are around 60 to 65 years old?

5 hours ago, Larry said:

Yes, it was real cheap. I got my flat in the early 90s as HDB trying hard to promote Tampines New Town.

I am ready to hear the unbelievable remarks coming from some members here. And I want to say that the loan instalment was only 5 years. Yeah, another unimaginable fact.

And my slogan to you is, "After paying off Your Loan, Work, Work & Work till the Day You Die."

How much money remain in your CPF after 25 years, probably you are around 60 to 65 years old?

N Housing is a basic needs and its from govt. Hilarious. 

5 hours ago, Larry said:

I already give up to depend on my CPF for retirement, I have actually use all the amount in my ordinary account to purchase a 2 room bto. Confirm will not reach the minimum amount when I reach age 55.

26 minutes ago, Marslang said:

I already give up to depend on my CPF for retirement, I have actually use all the amount in my ordinary account to purchase a 2 room bto. Confirm will not reach the minimum amount when I reach age 55.

That is already quite good,  for those buying 3 room flat, not only use up CPF but still have to be burden with a housing loan.

8 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

That is already quite good,  for those buying 3 room flat, not only use up CPF but still have to be burden with a housing loan.

but then they can rent out one room for passive income. For me I really need to work and save more for retirement.

1 hour ago, Marslang said:

Don't worry,  you are the majority. 

Hopefully you unit appreciate enough to beat inflation. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest

I dont think u should put a certain number of minimum or maximum months to save. Make it a habit to save a certain amount every month. 

As time goes, u will have 6 then 12 then 24 and so on. And at any given time u need money u will have the ease of mind that there is still some savings there.

25 minutes ago, Marslang said:

I indent to live there for the rest of my life.

As your unit appreciate,  your may charge higher rent.

For all your know, you may meet another half who offer his place for you to stay.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

2 hours ago, Marslang said:

Y must reach minimum? My money my bizz wat. Another hilarious part

3 minutes ago, cutejack said:

Y must reach minimum? My money my bizz wat. Another hilarious part

I believe he meant the min amount we need to have in oa before we can draw out the money once we reach 55 yrs old. 

The current amount should be 188k.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Just now, fab said:

I believe he meant the min amount we need to have in oa before we can draw out the money once we reach 55 yrs old. 

The current amount should be 188k.

I know dude. But we cant be listening to each n everything blindly. How abt those who are self employed ? Richer than us. Cpf is nothing to them but still surviving.

Guest guest

Did you manage to full paid your 2 room flat? Or took a very short period of house loan? If yes then still ok lah. Since 2 room flat should not cost more than $150k.

Guest guest

And its getting more and more expensive and hard to apply.

Agreed, more expensive and hard to apply. I have give up applying for a 2 room flat after many many try and could not get a good queue number.

5 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Did you manage to full paid your 2 room flat? Or took a very short period of house loan? If yes then still ok lah. Since 2 room flat should not cost more than $150k.

mine is 128k and heng i got a 27k grant + next few years of CPF contribution as i am on 3 years contract job. Now my Cpf just nice to pay my flat at one go. No need to take loan. 

Guest guest
2 minutes ago, Marslang said:

mine is 128k and heng i got a 27k grant + next few years of CPF contribution as i am on 3 years contract job. Now my Cpf just nice to pay my flat at one go. No need to take loan. 

Good for you, no need take any loan for your flat. At least you are debt free on housing loan, then you can save money.

Guest guest
3 minutes ago, Marslang said:

And those who got it sold it at double the price once the 5 years MOP is up.

This is why it is better to get a new bto than a resale. Usually you would able to earn a profit after you sell it after MOP. Average market price for a resale 2 room is about $250k in a non mature estate. If you buy a resale flat, don't think you are able to earn a profit after you sell it, due to flat is getting older and older and the value is dropping.

12 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Good for you, no need take any loan for your flat. At least you are debt free on housing loan, then you can save money.

haha yalor, now i still saving as much as possible for the reno and my retirement. Also thinking of taking up a new skill so that when time come i need to change career still can do a low skill job.

10 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

This is why it is better to get a new bto than a resale. Usually you would able to earn a profit after you sell it after MOP. Average market price for a resale 2 room is about $250k in a non mature estate. If you buy a resale flat, don't think you are able to earn a profit after you sell it, due to flat is getting older and older and the value is dropping.

but not easy to get new bto unless is super lucky. I tried almost 1 yr then only managed to get the current one which is left over smallest size - 36sqm.

26 minutes ago, Marslang said:

but not easy to get new bto unless is super lucky. I tried almost 1 yr then only managed to get the current one which is left over smallest size - 36sqm.

No housewarming ? Invite us la. Im alone also can. 😂

Guest guest

So you got the smaller size 2 room flat, i find a bit too small lah. Now still so difficult to get the 2 room flat? I know when they just launched the 2 room flat for singles to buy back in 2013/2014, super difficult to get. cause demand too high.

2 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

So you got the smaller size 2 room flat, i find a bit too small lah. Now still so difficult to get the 2 room flat? I know when they just launched the 2 room flat for singles to buy back in 2013/2014, super difficult to get. cause demand too high.

Yalor quite small and lousy layout too as the bedroom and living room cannot combine into one. But lucky i small size too. so cant complain now until i move in.

but then hor, i notice also a lot give up after getting a number. For my case is 800+ 2 rooms available my queue number is 1000++ yet i still able to book so can guess 200 people give up and apply the next project. So can say got some selfish one apply just hoping to get a good unit and sell off later.

Guest guest
4 hours ago, Marslang said:

Yalor quite small and lousy layout too as the bedroom and living room cannot combine into one. But lucky i small size too. so cant complain now until i move in.

but then hor, i notice also a lot give up after getting a number. For my case is 800+ 2 rooms available my queue number is 1000++ yet i still able to book so can guess 200 people give up and apply the next project. So can say got some selfish one apply just hoping to get a good unit and sell off later.

Your queue number oversubscribe by 200 plus and yet still able to choose an unit, consider lucky. Even though you only left with small size unit and maybe floor not high also?!

Don't think so much since you have already selected your flat, just start to save money now and wait for your flat to come. You need money to reno and buy stuff for your new house. 

15 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Your queue number oversubscribe by 200 plus and yet still able to choose an unit, consider lucky. Even though you only left with small size unit and maybe floor not high also?!

Don't think so much since you have already selected your flat, just start to save money now and wait for your flat to come. You need money to reno and buy stuff for your new house. 

I was lucky left one at 2nd last storey so I book it immediately. Hence my booking number was the first on that day hehe

7 minutes ago, Marslang said:

Haha thank you but very small lor only 36sqm.

If orgy, don't get more than 6 persons.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 7/2/2020 at 12:05 PM, Guest Guest said:

I dont think u should put a certain number of minimum or maximum months to save. Make it a habit to save a certain amount every month. 

As time goes, u will have 6 then 12 then 24 and so on. And at any given time u need money u will have the ease of mind that there is still some savings there.

Very true. But I suspect that many guys will be looking at savings as a form of retirement pot of cash. Ideally that should be ring fenced. A separate six month savings pot can be looked on as an emergency fund to be used as and when they crop up. You then top it up. I guess much depends on your ability to manage money and anticipate future needs.

The living room I quite big.

Can make another small room. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

I saw a 2room unit b4. The hall is 1.5 time the bed room. Rectangular shape.

So he make a small room at the end with curtain track. 

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

@Marslang CONGRATULATIONS!! 17th floor is a great buy. Will fetch a good pre-sale value too. Size still ok. Long term it's easier to maintain if not clean until xiao on weekends. But try not to spend too much on reno. Valuation mainly on age of flat but not reno. This flat unit will bring you lots of good luck and a new beginning!:thumb:

Think the most is 3some on action while I standing at one corner holding the camera lor. 🙈

Orgy of 5 or 6 still can ah. Orgy meant to be squeezy mah. Bods rub rub together so everybody have to participate, no idle watchers LOL. Pl invite me as house warming cum orgy camera man (and director? ) can? I no need too much space. Just stand on a small stool with selfie stick to move phone camera around for close ups and all. Lol

Edited by yuquidam

Agree with @fab . @InBangkok and Guess quest. Have to build up nest eggs on a fixed and consistent manner. Work it on a percentage of your monthly income and stick to it.

Also beef up your term policies for some eventualities such as disabilities. Term policies are cheap with very high compensation but with no returns. Agents usually do not like to sell these as there's zero or near zero commissions for term policies. They are treated as expenses. If you need any free advice on insurance can pm me. No worries I am no longer in this line. Due to my family's own past dire situations I knew how important it is to be adequately covered.

Edited by yuquidam

23 minutes ago, yuquidam said:

@Marslang CONGRATULATIONS!! 17th floor is a great buy. Will fetch a good pre-sale value too. Size still ok. Long term it's easier to maintain if not clean until xiao on weekends. But try not to spend too much on reno. Valuation mainly on age of flat but not reno. This flat unit will bring you lots of good luck and a new beginning!:thumb:

Thank you but I dun indent to sell this unit. Will stay until i go hell.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.