Male HQ

Any Dialysis Patient Here

Guest Dialysis_Patient

• 2 years later...

Today Doctor Adrian Liew saw me at his clinic & I have to start dialysis at SGH in August.

'

1 of my Kidney died in 2015. I thought the existing kidney can last me from 2016 to 2026 but right now, there is only 20% function left so I need> dialysis and

>A Kidney Donor, living or dead.

'

2 hours ago, 30yochinese said:

Today Doctor Adrian Liew saw me at his clinic & I have to start dialysis at SGH in August.

'

1 of my Kidney died in 2015. I thought the existing kidney can last me from 2016 to 2026 but right now, there is only 20% function left so I need> dialysis and

'

i heard there is a type of dialysis which could be done at home.

On 6/30/2023 at 10:51 PM, D.0284 said:

i heard there is a type of dialysis which could be done at home.

Sad to hear that. Btw,Water dialysis can be done at home but but the environment have to be extremely clean. Quiet risky n easily get infected. Best is to go for hemo dialysis done at center. Try asking doctor for medication like metanix for yr kidney first. Take care. 

On 6/30/2023 at 8:20 PM, 30yochinese said:

'

'

HUGS

D'BodyWorkz

'

'

Hope you will be able to find a donor...

10 hours ago, obgdcriv said:

Hope you will be able to find a donor...

Thanks💋i needed that encouragement =0) on Friday when Doctor Adrian broke the bad news to me, i wtd to kill myself by taking 50 tablets of Panadol.

but i will be 40yo in Nov,

i feel its a waste i end my life at 40.

8 hours ago, 30yochinese said:

Thanks💋i needed that encouragement =0) on Friday when Doctor Adrian broke the bad news to me, i wtd to kill myself by taking 50 tablets of Panadol.

be strong.

Not familiar with the treatments but understand some managed on dialysis for many years till a ripe old age. Sorry u have to go thru but all the very best and hope u hang on despite all the hurdles that is coming your way. 🤗

On 11/20/2020 at 1:17 AM, Guest Dialysis_Patient said:

Any dialysis patient here?

Does it affect to your sex life?

Dialysis should not affect your sex life.  If you choose peritoneal dialysis, you will have a catheter coming out of your belly,  but this is not a big obstacle for sex, you can hide it.   If you choose hemodialysis, you will have a fistula on your arm, which can also be hidden. 

On 6/30/2023 at 7:20 AM, 30yochinese said:

On 7/2/2023 at 9:25 PM, 30yochinese said:

It is recommendable that you you get on the Internet and learn everything there is to be known about dialysis.  Be confident that dialysis is not a reason to kill yourself.   You will learn that there are two types of dialysis:  hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.  The former needs access to your blood vessels to let blood circulate through an external machine that removes the impurities like the kidneys would do. You won't get in contact with your blood, a nurse does the procedure,  and there are cases of people who lived for many many decades with this procedure.  The latter, peritoneal dialysis, uses your peritoneal cavity filled with a solution of water with sugar, the dialysate,  to extract impurities from the blood that circulates through the peritoneal membrane through osmosis.  This dialysate is cycled periodically, hopefully with an automatic machine which does it during the night while you sleep.  Peritoneal dialysis is easier to deal with, less disruptive,  but should not be done for many years because the peritoneal membrane can get damaged and cause "encapsulating sclerosis".   This choice of types of dialysis is the major decision to take.  Hopefully you don't have to wait long to get a kidney transplant.  CHEER UP, find a support group for people on dialysis, which I assume may exist in Singapore.  There can be good life after kidney failure!  Plan to live another 40 years to be as old as I am,  an then continue to enjoy life if you keep taking good care of your body.  :thumb:   

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2023 at 8:55 AM, Steve5380 said:

Dialysis should not affect your sex life.  If you choose peritoneal dialysis, you will have a catheter coming out of your belly,  but this is not a big obstacle for sex, you can hide it.   If you choose hemodialysis, you will have a fistula on your arm, which can also be hidden. 

It is recommendable that you you get on the Internet and learn everything there is to be known about dialysis.  Be confident that dialysis is not a reason to kill yourself.   You will learn that there are two types of dialysis:  hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.  The former needs access to your blood vessels to let blood circulate through an external machine that removes the impurities like the kidneys would do. You won't get in contact with your blood, a nurse does the procedure,  and there are cases of people who lived for many many decades with this procedure.  The latter, peritoneal dialysis, uses your peritoneal cavity filled with a solution of water with sugar, the dialysate,  to extract impurities from the blood that circulates through the peritoneal membrane through osmosis.  This dialysate is cycled periodically, hopefully with an automatic machine which does it during the night while you sleep.  Peritoneal dialysis is easier to deal with, less disruptive,  but should not be done for many years because the peritoneal membrane can get damaged and cause "encapsulating sclerosis".   This choice of types of dialysis is the major decision to take.  Hopefully you don't have to wait long to get a kidney transplant.  CHEER UP, find a support group for people on dialysis, which I assume may exist in Singapore.  There can be good life after kidney failure!  Plan to live another 40 years to be as old as I am,  an then continue to enjoy life if you keep taking good care of your body.  :thumb:   

Thx for your kindness for encouraging people and trying to give advice. 
but I would want to question why would you recommend people to get onto internet when doctor is there for you ask and get proper medical advices 😅 

anyway , not to worry whether the person  want to has peritoneal dialysis which can be done at home or hemodialysis which only can be done at dialysis centres , your doctor is always the best person to advise you. 
and of course there are other health care professional like ‘renal coordinator’ will give you counselling regarding both dialysis.

10 hours ago, NewToHere said:

Thx for your kindness for encouraging people and trying to give advice. 
but I would want to question why would you recommend people to get onto internet when doctor is there for you ask and get proper medical advices 😅 

anyway , not to worry whether the person  want to has peritoneal dialysis which can be done at home or hemodialysis which only can be done at dialysis centres , your doctor is always the best person to advise you. 
and of course there are other health care professional like ‘renal coordinator’ will give you counselling regarding both dialysis.

It is fine if you are NewToHere.   But you seem to be new to the field of medical professionals, and this can be dangerous.

Few doctors take much care in giving good and lengthy advice to their patients. They have some preferences in their treatments, and if you don't open your mouth this is what you get.  They are conditioned to not spend too much time with each of their numerous patients.

If you were not smart to investigate in depth the best way to carry out a healthy lifestyle,  if you get a diagnosis of a medical condition you want to to learn about this condition as soon as possible.  To scour the Internet is an inexpensive way to do so.   Then,  when you go to the next appointment with your doctor,  you will have intelligent questions to ask that will show the doctor that you are AN INFORMED PATIENT,  and not just some warm body.  He will pay you more attention and perhaps give you some valuable information.    Throughout any treatment,  keep your eyes on the test results and the progression of the treatment.  Don't put yourself IN THE HANDS of any doctor  (except in the hands of a surgeon during surgery, of course).

Edited by Steve5380

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.