Male HQ

Japanese Mobile Phones

browncow

Hi guys, would you pay hundreds of dollars for Japanese made phones? Most of the phones arent release in Singapore, however they are unlocked and sold here.

Check them out

http://jap4u.blogspot.com/

However. don't mixed this up with the typical China phones. Went to SIm lim yesterday to look at the China phones, super laggy functions.

• 4 years later...

I'm using Softbank 007SH i.e. unlocked phone. Nowadays, you can easily get a Docomo phone since they are pretty much unlocked.

softbank_007sh.jpg

I was told that this dealer is more trustable.

http://japphone4sg.blogspot.sg

Am now looking forward to acquiring Softbank 203SH as soon as it has been unlocked.

25c8e_684_0a8704301de858cf724b6596ba6733

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

• 3 weeks later...

Whats special abt jap mobile phones other than aesthetic factors?

Previously, Japanese phones had good features but with smartphones, the main factor is the style and look i.e. aesthetic factor.

If you are not really a camera junkie, Japanese phones still maintain quite a high quality camera function.

Anyone bought phones in Japan.

How does their system work if anyone knows?

Thanks

Phones can only be bought in Japan directly if you have proof that you work in Japan. Docomo phones are now unlocked but Softbank and KDDI phones are still carrier-locked i.e. you need that their SIM card in order for the phone to work. There are some volunteers who offer to unlock Softbank and KDDI phones manually.

Hassle-wise, Docomo phones are best to get but I think Softbank has the best phone designs.

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Guest Guest

Actually i still hv a thing for flip phones. Too bad bcos of iphone first and then other android phones follow suit, almost no market for flip phones now.

Thanks darkflame. Recalled the heavy selling of phones by shops big and small alike almost everywhere in shinjuku which made me ponder if they do retailing of phone only.. Could not resist browsing over the many many rows of them just like an exhibition... If that is the case, no need to harbour anymore thoughts of getting one there..

----- why cant life be bigger than facing constraints and making decisions -----

Thanks darkflame. Recalled the heavy selling of phones by shops big and small alike almost everywhere in shinjuku which made me ponder if they do retailing of phone only.. Could not resist browsing over the many many rows of them just like an exhibition... If that is the case, no need to harbour anymore thoughts of getting one there..

Why don't you get from a local dealer or website?

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Just had a look at the website you provided. Need to do alot of research, too noobie..

Are there second hand mobile shops in Japan that doesn't require proof?

I think the mobile phone shops in Japan are also linked to the carriers. Because the phones do not show the manufacturer, but the carrier instead. For example, Xperia Z does show Sony but the Japan version has an extra 'Docomo Xi' on it.

so-02e-banner_zps60c26407.jpg

The flip phone shown on this page looks good. Miss using a flip phone. I think jap phones hardware should be quite good.

007SH is not a good phone, hardware-wise.

Edited by darkflame

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Heard or know anything about the docomo T-02d?

Looks simple and cool enough..

At first I didn't know which model was it and I googled it. So it's Regza.

Regza doesn't really appeal to me. I think Panasonic Eluga looks cool. I tried my friend's Eluga and it's really good.

At best, I just want Softbank 203SH...

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just started using Softbank 007SH... 

For better performance, get the dealer to try removing useless Softbank-only apps in the system. It will improve your performance because I didn't remove mine.

It's important also that your phone runs properly because it will affect camera quality.

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

For better performance, get the dealer to try removing useless Softbank-only apps in the system. It will improve your performance because I didn't remove mine.

It's important also that your phone runs properly because it will affect camera quality.

i take it u bought from benny too? u tink he wld do it?

i take it u bought from benny too? u tink he wld do it?

I recall he was trying to experience removing some Softbank apps to improve performance.

I'm meeting him tomorrow for my new phone so I will request if he can do the same for my Docomo phone.

Edited by darkflame

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

so ur gonna get hack?

I will not hack it as my phone is still working fine. For my 007SH, the phone was really bad and crashing from my high usage of apps so I initially wanted to remove those Softbank apps.

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If want jap dictionary or translation, does it matter if Jap phone or not? Is there a Jap dictionary/translation app that is recommended, or does any of the Jap phones have somethin special and REALLY good or useful?

Or doesn't matter any brand will do just download or access website? :unsure:

If want jap dictionary or translation, does it matter if Jap phone or not? Is there a Jap dictionary/translation app that is recommended, or does any of the Jap phones have somethin special and REALLY good or useful?

Or doesn't matter any brand will do just download or access website? :unsure:

It doesn't matter although some phones come with the pre-installed apps.

Most people go for Japanese phones for the novelty and look...

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a new Aquos Xx phone coming in dec. The screen looks good!

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/30/sharps-aquos-phone-xx-is-almost-all-screen/

I always liked the Aquos phone series by Sharp.

However, the Softbank lineup has better designs than the Docomo lineup.

It's a pity Softbank phones are not readily available due to the SIM lock.

For winter, the KDDI lineup is quite good too.

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

I just came home after two years in Japan. The phones from Akiba aend the Japanese producers aren't that great; there are locked apps from KDDI, AU and NTT which raise energy consumption and bandwidth usage, and aside from paying a 3750 yen fee to NTT DOCOMO, you can't unlock the rest.

Yes, there are jail breaking apps and stores in the interior of Akihabara which do the necessary. But even Japanese consumers are flocking to Samsung and APPLE. Sony's Xperia tablet P and S launches were abysmal last year. Its only with the Xperia Z series that things picked up a bit. Panasonic has abandoned the market altogether.

the Xperia Z (Z1/Ultra etc) series is the only group which is worth the money. Don't buy JAPANESE edition Xperia V, SP, NX. If you have to, get the global editions. Because carrier locking in Japan dooms most of these phones to expensive work arounds or jailbreaking. Even Japanese consumers are looking at pure android edition phones and iOS.

Windows 8 essentially has zero market share in Japan at this point.

The Aquos screen is being used by a number of Chinese smart phones like the Meizu MX3 and the new Oppo phones.

No mind games, just cock games

• 3 months later...

When I was in Japan, I discovered my Docomo F-06E could pick up OneSeg/FullSeg signals despite roaming on Singtel without any mobile data.

Pretty amazing.

My hotel (1-star) didn't provide free-to-air TV so I watched it on my phone conveniently.  ^_^

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.