Male HQ

MOH Providing Condoms & Lubs To Club Oneseven

过客

Wonder if people read messages on the notice board when at the saunas. There was a message (on the notice board) by Sam about the visit by MOH, CNB and police on June 09, and how the situation was handled. According to the message, nobody was questioned and patrons IC & particulars were not taken. It was a routine check, apparently after receiving a complaint.

Another message on the notice board in the gym area announced that the MOH will be providing Club OneSeven with FREE condoms and lubricants every 3 months. See, they are not targeting at PLU's activities. They are not going to ban bathhouses despite what the local media has written recently about the Andy's case.

Another message on the notice board in the gym area announced that the MOH will be providing Club OneSeven with FREE condoms and lubricants every 3 months. See, they are not targeting at PLU's activities. They are not going to ban bathhouses despite what the local media has written recently about the Andy's case.

I think to all gay saunas. No wonder, my last visit to the Sphere, upon made payment of entrance fee, the counter staff also issued a condom and lube which unusual. As the last time, I needed to ask them before being issued one.

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

Now, after the Andy's case appeared in TNP, AfA (Action for Aids) and MOH seemed to be 'on the ball' to promote 'safe sex' in comparison before the case was disclosed in newspaper. That's the way to promote actively safe sex.

Quote: Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them. ~ US Professional Golfer Jimmy Demaret

Quote: If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play at it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf. ~ Actor Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

Now, after the Andy's case appeared in TNP, AfA (Action for Aids) and MOH seemed to be 'on the ball' to promote 'safe sex' in comparison before the case was disclosed in newspaper. That's the way to promote actively safe sex.

So let's give credit when credit is due. If anyone from MOH is reading this forum, I like to say: "Guys, you are moving in the right direction, great job! Keep it up (oops)"

"Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok"

MOH is understandably fighting very hard to keep the saunas open for us. It is the best way to reach us gay men since there are no official organisations for us. Closing the saunas will mean that we'll go back underground... into the unsafe private party sex perhaps. MOH doesn't seem to care who we f**k, just as long as we do it safe.

Another step previously was to offer oral HIV test kits anonymonusly... but this was stopped when AFA ran out of orasure kits. MOH should assist in bringing in more of these kits and allow for anon testing

Was at Club OneSeven this afternoon and found that notice about MOH giving Free condoms and lubricants to Club OneSeven has already been taken down from the notice board. Not sure if MOH has changed its mind. More likely the management has decided to remove the notice, since MOH is not providing condoms and lubricants exclusively to Club OneSeven. Believe other bathhouses have a fair share.

Guest Guest

I've collected about 100 condoms from visiting suanas. Not that I deliberately "wanted" them but you will find either one or two within your locker in the suana (which doesn't really make sense as there are already condoms in the rooms).

Any suggestions as to what to do with them other than returning them to the suanas?

I've collected about 100 condoms from visiting suanas. Not that I deliberately "wanted" them but you will find either one or two within your locker in the suana (which doesn't really make sense as there are already condoms in the rooms).

Any suggestions as to what to do with them other than returning them to the suanas?

well, you should have just left it in the locker instead of taking it home with you everytime.

Anyway, keeping it for so long time also no use as all condoms have their expiry date.

Er.. are you seriously asking a forum of gay men what you can do with a condom?

Lets meet; I'll bring my bottle of Wet lubricant if you bring all those condoms and I'll show you... :D

Well, carrying condoms with you isn't a bad thing.

For one, it lets people know that you are a safe guy.

Sometimes, the room may run out of condom. It would be disruptive when you have to stop what you are doing and go out to get one. By then, the moment is gone, and you have to start from scratch.

Also, sometimes, when you want a 2nd or 3rd helpings, it would be handly to have condoms and lubs on standby isnt' it?

Like they say, Don't leave home without it!

Or be like my friends, give the condom to your friend which u thinks needed the most.

I acutually had a collection of condoms of different sizes, shapes, colors and brands. The most interesting is the one in Black. hehe :D

Condom donations are welcum! :whistle:

Guest Guest
I acutually had a collection of condoms of different sizes, shapes, colors and brands. The most interesting is the one in Black. hehe 

Used or unused? hehe :P

Condom donations are welcum!

Used or unused? :o

Another step previously was to offer oral HIV test kits anonymonusly... but this was stopped when AFA ran out of orasure kits. MOH should assist in bringing in more of these kits and allow for anon testing

I just read from One-Seven web that the "Orasure HIV Testing Kit" is now available at that sauna, it cost $25 and free entry for the next day.

http://www.oneseven.com.sg/announcements.htm

Guest gMoh
I just read from One-Seven web that the "Orasure HIV Testing Kit" is now available at that sauna, it cost $25 and free entry for the next day.

how is the reliablity of the 'Orasure HIV Testing Kits' in comparison to the blood test? anyone have tried it before?

I believe guys who afraid being poked by needle would prefer this method, isn't it?

• 4 weeks later...

I just read an ads in the newly re-opened Shogun that the OraQuick is now available again.

-----------

Have Fun, But Play Safe

OraQuick® ADVANCE™ Rapid HIV 1/2 Antibody Test Kit is sale in shogun detail refer to shogun office telephone 6221-0367

One Seven is now providing the OraQuick HIV test for $10 (including free entry for next visit). For those of you thinking that this is very good value and wants to buy 20 test kits for free entry... please note that the HIV test requires BLOOD sample.

• Guest locked this topic