Male HQ

What your economics professor never told you

I studied economics in university but my job has nothing to do with it. 
When I look at the current affairs such as the trade war between the US and China, I tried to understand the impact of the trade war. However I realized that what I had learned had not prepared me to understand the depth of what’s really happening. For instance, the US had always been successful when it engaged in trade wars with other nations. Why is it not successful this time round?

This thread is more of an attempt to study the economics behind the trade war as well as why the US is able to maintain its economic prowess. Join me if this is your thing.

President Trump repeatedly said something that a first year student in economics would flunk a course for saying.

Seems like both the presidents dont know their economics well. So why is Biden not removing the tariffs even though the US is the losing party of the trade war?

I remember the economic lessons were some of the most boring lectures ever. Economic theories are dry to begin with. Put a dull lecturer there and u are sure to get the most potent insomnia killer ever.

Wish lectures then could be as interesting as the YouTube videos here.

Back to the trade war, who is screwing who?

The answer, the US is doing a good job screwing itself. Another way of understanding why it is losing the trade war. 

Edited by Guest

I love Prof Wolff! Love how he makes everything so easy to understand without losing the incisiveness and insights. 

“Every country manipulates, manoeuvres and cheats. It’s not a specialty of China.”

This can only come from a true scholar!

A must watch. 

This is the strongest response to the anti-China racist propangandist such as the economist from who else but Prof Wolff. 

Why is there a need to counter the Western MSM’s fake news against China? According.to Prof Wolff, we have to avoid turning trade wars into military wars as had happened in the first 2 world wars.