Male HQ

Whats with the badge thing?

gucici

Good to see someone notice that too. heheh I was wondering about that too. Think it happens a few days back. And suddenly I am a APPRENTICE like just joined Blowing Wind and not some old fart who have been here for over a decade. heheh. Distracting BIG on my screen and serve no purpose to me personally, but just some icon to let you and others know you did such-and-such thing(s).

I don't even get or appreciate the existing merit of reputation point status base on 'likes' for comments given out by a computational algorithm hehe It does not prove you are good, bad, reliable or well like ..etc. The more you comment and write in the threads, the more points you are rewarded. heh. I participate when I have something to say or offer, not because I need to earn another reward point to push up my REPUTATION points. BAH. I know people here with high reputation points but are questionable people. High points or reputation do not mean they are not infallible, entirely honest or no biases. THAT INCLUDES ME. If one needs all those BADGE or POINTS to wear like medals, you truly are boh-liao and that's sad. You do or say good things because you are willingly and earnest.

Personally, I wish all the reputation point system and the new BADGE thingy just go away. But I am fine if it highlights the bad merit or reputation anyone do as a warning sign. But that's just me. :P

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Yes, the prize is the Top Badge  (whatever this is)

top badge for...?? can we exchange it for cash...?? if not what's it for...?? is it really impt to be labelled & get tagged to these badge shit..??

8 hours ago, single42 said:

can the personnels of the BW FORUMS, please kindly removed the badge thing.. ?? it is damn irritating, an eye sore, and best of all.. no one likes to be graded like a kindergarten school kid.  

Hopefully your eyes are strong and healthy, so they don't get irritated too badly by the BADGE. 

To be graded like a kindergarten kid,... does this not make you feel much younger?  Like a Single22 ? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 3:01 PM, single42 said:

can the personnels of the BW FORUMS, please kindly removed the badge thing.. ?? it is damn irritating, an eye sore, and best of all.. no one likes to be graded like a kindergarten school kid.  

agree, mods pls remove. so many unnecessary post everywhere ppl jus post nonsense 2 get more pts 

really eye sore n no benefit wat @G_M @HendryTan @BlinkOnce pls remove badge thingy tks 

Less wanting to contribute to any comments of late as I am just tired of bumping into the LARGE ICONS IN ONE VERTICAL ROLL THAT I HAVE TO SCROLL THRU TO SOMETHING to read, including my own stuff. This don't stroke my own ego one bit or encourages me to get more interactive. (less actually)

Can't the webmaster at least make them tiny in a compact manner, like side to side roll of tiny icons and NOT-LARGE-IN-YOUR-FACE VERTICAL????? If taking it away is not possible. I get it, maybe the idea is to encourage more participation in the forum. Appreciative if there was some way to individually switch it off, like the way I can ban seeing a particular member's offending dribble. :P :P :P

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

On 8/11/2021 at 8:00 PM, HendryTan said:

Try to Clear your Browser Cache, Clear Cookies then restart your browser.

This is what you should see.

badges.png

actualy wat is e objective for this badge rank thingy?

dun tink such adult bw forum still need kiddy stuff.. lol

btw any1 got all badge n rank alrdy?

On 8/11/2021 at 8:00 PM, HendryTan said:

Try to Clear your Browser Cache, Clear Cookies then restart your browser.

This is what you should see.

badges.png

Thanks for taking our feedback Henry. They are smaller, guess that is a fair compromise. I am certain there are others you are appealing to as well as those on the side wanting it done away heheh....

• 3 months later...
On 7/15/2021 at 10:37 PM, single42 said:

top badge for...?? can we exchange it for cash...?? if not what's it for...?? is it really impt to be labelled & get tagged to these badge shit..??

So that you can answer the question "Do you have a badge? Perhaps" . Lol.

• 6 months later...
Guest guest
On 6/20/2022 at 12:12 PM, Since u r here said:

only 1 who just consistently post videos from other sources , is a Grand master ( i think highest top 1-2) badge at the moment! no 1 can beat him! BW anniversary might win something, u never know!

is the badge thing so bothering?

oh nw u sound sour grape. n aso off topic again. pls tok more so u go off many topic n i waiting 4 u to b banish. kekekekeke

Guest master

only 1 who just consistently post videos from other sources , is a Grand master ( i think highest top 1-2) badge at the moment! no 1 can beat him! BW anniversary might win something, u never know!

no, @sphereis not the ONLY grandmaster, there are a few more who attained that superior status

Guest guest

On 6/20/2022 at 5:35 PM, Since u r here said:

erm?
i  think not ref to him only lah
actually i dont even know which are the top 3 titles although i trust grandmaster must be one 

1st u sour grape. den u contradict urself. u v. ambiguous lo. n u again off topic liao, kekekekeke

Guest guest
On 6/24/2022 at 10:19 AM, Since u r here said:

badge and rank is not the same thing i just realised

where can we view all the titles and badge (which categories are there in all) bw meted out?
We should honour those who contributed Positively in bw (not those who teach english)

aiyo so embarrassing aunty, u r back. those new mbr donno u, but we do. last time u hv other acc 2 self like urself (lucky no more now), no wonder u lately post many many 2 go after badge n rank thingy, even other ppl nick u aso ask y - bcos u wan 2 add post count den can increase rank, so typical u la aunty. nearly 50 yo still so immature la u, grow up aunty. knn

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.