Male HQ

Chinese people are in big trouble to keep warm/Still suffering from electricity and coal shortage

Guest rookoo

Because China not happy Australia PM made statement to investigate China origin of covid 19, China decides to increase import tariff of Australian coal imports, so the people have to endure coal shortage for the next few years until China can get cheap coal imports again.

Arent we lucky to live in this part of the world , no harsh winters.

People who live in harsh winter weathers are rougher, tougher and hard hearted for having to endure harsh winters

Temperature wise I won't say we are lucky since we have to endure the unbearable heat.

Geographically,  we are lucky since we don't get affected by earthquakes and typhoons.  

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

On 11/5/2021 at 1:26 PM, fab said:

Temperature wise I won't say we are lucky since we have to endure the unbearable heat.

Geographically,  we are lucky since we don't get affected by earthquakes and typhoons.  

after experiencing just 15 deg C winter temperature I already cannot stand the cold, step on cold floors in the hotel room , makes me wanna urinate non stop , give me hot weather anytime , Singapore weather I am used to it already, as I age I feel happy to get under hot sun, 33 degrees okay. low humidity days okay 33 degrees.

Bangkok's 35 , 36 high urban heat bowl and no wind and high humidity , yucks. 

Taipei nowadays just before October November from April to October can be 34, 35, 36 degrees with sticky humidity and traffic with scooters aand bikes horning all the time plus cars ,people, give me Singapore anytime. So many trees and greenery in the city and heartland.

Singapore relatively lucky, aircon buses, aircon MRT , aircon urban shopping centers.

On 11/5/2021 at 4:37 PM, drektster said:

they have a computer 1 million time faster than google's which they use to process data from millions of camera. maybe they could shut it down and divert the electricity to those who really needs it.

try doing that in reddot first b4 taking on a giant like China.

LOLOL

• G_M changed the title to Chinese people are in big trouble to keep warm/Still suffering from electricity and coal shortage
On 11/5/2021 at 6:56 PM, Guest LPPL said:

What i meant was , you try shutting street cameras locally firsr, 

If can even.succeed than only consider asking Big Brother China to do the same.

LOLOL.

i respect your opinion. for me, surveillance camera is not as important as lives. people can freeze to death without heater in freezing temperature. similarly heat stroke kills too. during very hot weather people can hide under shade or go for a dip in the pool, but in freezing temperature, there are nowhere to hide. if we are hit by a sudden freezing temperature, and lives are at stake, i would suggest to turn off non essential services to save as many lives as possible.

The energy crisis playing out now in China and in most of Europe is due to a confluence of factors: 

1. Structural underinvestment in fossil fuel production over the course of the past 2 years. When the prices of energy commodities, such as coal, natural gas and oil, fell to such low levels when Covid first hit us last year, naturally, investors would look away from these industries that not only debt-laden and unprofitable companies at the time but companies that also suffer low ESG scores. When there is a lack of funds flowing into these producers, naturally their productive capacity will shrink. When demand picked up again in recent months, they would not be able to supply sufficiently to meet these demands.

2. Last year, China and the Europe also endured an extremely cold winter, due to the synergistic effect of La Nina and a warm Artic. This effectively drastically reduced stockpiles of coal and inventories of natural gas. These stockpiles serve to act as buffers against extreme cold weather and depletion of these stockpiles last year made them very vulnerable to cold weather this year. 

But I think with recent government intervention from mid- to late-October, the price of coal has fallen to reasonable levels once again: https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202111/1237853.shtml The government intervened through price controls, as well as efforts to buy coal from overseas at all costs and also boosting domestic production. These efforts seem to have paid off, at least for the time being. Perhaps, the film was made during the worst of the crisis. I believe the situation should be much improved now. 

Edited by purplegiraffe

On 11/5/2021 at 9:08 PM, purplegiraffe said:

The energy crisis playing out now in China and in most of Europe is due to a confluence of factors: 

1. Structural underinvestment in fossil fuel production over the course of the past 2 years. When the prices of energy commodities, such as coal, natural gas and oil, fell to such low levels when Covid first hit us last year, naturally, investors would look away from these industries that not only debt-laden and unprofitable companies at the time but companies that also suffer low ESG scores. When there is a lack of funds flowing into these producers, naturally their productive capacity will shrink. When demand picked up again in recent months, they would not be able to supply sufficiently to meet these demands.

2. Last year, China and the Europe also endured an extremely cold winter, due to the synergistic effect of La Nina and a warm Artic. This effectively drastically reduced stockpiles of coal and inventories of natural gas. These stockpiles serve to act as buffers against extreme cold weather and depletion of these stockpiles last year made them very vulnerable to cold weather this year. 

But I think with recent government intervention from mid- to late-October, the price of coal has fallen to reasonable levels once again: https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202111/1237853.shtml The government intervened through price controls, as well as efforts to buy coal from overseas at all costs and also boosting domestic production. These efforts seem to have paid off, at least for the time being. Perhaps, the film was made during the worst of the crisis. I believe the situation should be much improved now. 

globaltimes!!!

Pinky heart official propaganda fake news channel banned in many countries.

Wumaos valuable source of fake news.

• 3 weeks later...

I am very impressed. The Chinese govt set the goal of increasing coal output and they have managed to do so, from 11 million tonnes/day in Sep 2021 to 12 million tonnes/day currently, in such an incredibly short period of time. At times, government can provide organisation and direction that the free market cannot provide. If current production is maintained, and if temperatures don't go abnormally low, the Chinese people largely don't have to worry about keeping warm this winter. God bless them! https://www.reuters.com/markets/commodities/chinas-daily-coal-output-stabilises-12-mln-tonnes-state-planner-says-2021-11-21/

• 4 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.