Male HQ

Training advice for IPPT in 1mth

hidingnhiding

Hey guys,

I'm having my IPPT in about 1 month time and I am currently in pretty bad shape:

Based on latest exercise:

2.4km: 16min

Pushup: only did 1 set 15, another set 8 and arms ached for 2 days (no idea how many no-count ones)

Situps: about 20

As you can see,I'm currently on the road to failure.

Is it still possible to pass with this little time? If yes, hope you guys can give me some advice on how much exercise I should do (run 2.4 everyday, do a number of pushups daily etc etc)

Thanks guys in advance!

Running 2.4 daily is tiring. U need to give ur legs time to rest in between runs, if u've not been running consistently.

U do as much as u possibly can is good, better than nothing at all. U also need to give ur arms time to recover from feeling sore too. 

I guess u can improve from latest exercise, and possibly pass. U can also go for IPT. Hope that helps! 

How much time can you spare for exercising and recovery? That's the most important.

My suggestion is that you do 2 runs a week. One is to work on speed (100m fast run, 300m walk, repeat for 6laps). Second run would be simply to run 2.4km at a pace which is at least 5seconds per lap faster than you are used to. (16min X 60secs, divided over 6laps=160secs. So you try 155sec a lap, try to shave 5secs off each week at least).

Situps and pushups, you can work on it daily. Do 1 set to failure, try to increase your numbers over each week.

Good luck!

On 3/27/2022 at 2:57 PM, Kbell said:

How much time can you spare for exercising and recovery? That's the most important.

My suggestion is that you do 2 runs a week. One is to work on speed (100m fast run, 300m walk, repeat for 6laps). Second run would be simply to run 2.4km at a pace which is at least 5seconds per lap faster than you are used to. (16min X 60secs, divided over 6laps=160secs. So you try 155sec a lap, try to shave 5secs off each week at least).

Situps and pushups, you can work on it daily. Do 1 set to failure, try to increase your numbers over each week.

Good luck!

Exercising doesnt really take long i think, at most 1 hour per day so no issue on that. I've just been lazy the whole year then didnt expect my fitness to drop so much haha. I understand i can go for IPT as what above bro mentioned but i really wanna avoid that cos it feels like waste of time for me.

I think that's good advice on the workout to do. Thank you!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.