Male HQ

Whey protein powder

superman888

Anyone notice My Protein price has increase dramatically?

Last year i bought 2.5kg Whey protein about $58++, now like > $100 for 2.5kg.

Anyone has a cheaper whey protein brand recommendation?

Besides whey protein, any other good supplement to recommend for loss fat/ muscle gain.

Thanks. 

I'm interested to find out recommendations for Whey Protein too - esp. those with flavour.

I've been taking MyProtein Milk Tea flavour and got my last order via Qoo10 (2x2.5kg for $118) in March 2022. Just checked the same item and it's now $239 for the same quantity! 🤯

myprotein sells at higher prices but combined with constantly running promotions/coupon codes. Check their site directly and there is pretty much always an offer running - normally between 40-60%.

Always use a code when you buy and if there isn’t one running, just wait a day or two for the next one. 

oh, and buy with ShopBack for cash back. 

On 4/14/2022 at 12:05 PM, Ggzx08 said:

Appreciate advice on the following:

Optimum Nutrition, Gold Standard 100% Whey

Optimum Nutrition, Platinum Hydro Whey

Worth trying? Which one is better? Thanks in advance!

I tried the platinum hydro whey (strawberry & chocolate) previously. Taste not bad. Avoid buying the vanilla one as it may taste bitter when mixed with water.

The platinum hydro whey is 100% whey isolate which contains less fat & has a higher protein content.

Now taking Impact whey isolate from Myprotein. The brown sugar milk tea flavor is not bad, taste like caramel with milk haha.

On 4/14/2022 at 10:38 PM, eminent82 said:

I tried the platinum hydro whey (strawberry & chocolate) previously. Taste not bad. Avoid buying the vanilla one as it may taste bitter when mixed with water.

The platinum hydro whey is 100% whey isolate which contains less fat & has a higher protein content.

Now taking Impact whey isolate from Myprotein. The brown sugar milk tea flavor is not bad, taste like caramel with milk haha.

Thanks eminent. Is there any reason why you switched from Optimum Nutrition to MyProtein (while we - me and thread starter are looking to switch away from MyProtein which seems to be more expensive)? 😅

Edited by Ggzx08

On 4/14/2022 at 11:37 PM, Ggzx08 said:

Thanks eminent. Is there any reason why you switched from Optimum Nutrition to MyProtein (while we - me and thread starter are looking to switch away from MyProtein which seems to be more expensive)? 😅

oh juz want to try new flavours & MyProtein has many to choose from😁. Will only buy from them when there is at least 60% discount but open to try other brands if there are good recommendations

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To be honest guys, during the lockdown, I did some research and I decided to give vegan protein a try. I’m glad I did as I found that vegan protein was so much easier on my stomach as well as reduce bloating. I do realize it’s more pricy as compared to dairy based protein, but honestly, I do think the quality is there. If people are interested, this is the brand I take:

https://sg.iherb.com/pr/sunwarrior-classic-plus-protein-plant-based-chocolate-1-65-lb-750-g/76202

• 1 year later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.