Male HQ

Looking for daily swim buddies 20 laps

Enci

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

In United States, if you need a swim buddy, you can pay someone to accompany you for swim. 

In Singapore, I have seen Gumtree Singapore advertisemment, men looking for pacer/runner for marathon training. 

I am sure there is a market for swim-buddy. Advertise in Carousell Singapore/BW forum board for a paid swim buddy. Set the criteria, I am sure people will do it if the pay is right.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/8/2022 at 7:59 AM, ReubenH said:

Hahaha definitely have to stop to hydrate and to pee, 30 laps probably won’t need but 200 is a must.

Hydration during a long swim is important. Not many people realise that you lose water when you swim continuously. You actually sweat when you swim. Which is why I have the habit of bringing along my water bottle and hydrate every 10 laps.

On 12/10/2022 at 11:04 AM, axefactor said:

Hydration during a long swim is important. Not many people realise that you lose water when you swim continuously. You actually sweat when you swim. Which is why I have the habit of bringing along my water bottle and hydrate every 10 laps.

Same here. I’ll gulp half a bottle every 10 laps. Absolutely right about the perspiration during swimming. 

On 12/12/2022 at 2:53 PM, ReubenH said:

Same here. I’ll gulp half a bottle every 10 laps. Absolutely right about the perspiration during swimming. 

You get out of the pool to drink every 10 laps?

On 12/10/2022 at 11:04 AM, axefactor said:

Strangely, I don't feel thirsty after swims. Usually 20 laps. That said, I do make it a point to drink while on way to pool, top up my bottle and drink after my swim, even though I don't get a sense of thirst at all.

On 12/14/2022 at 10:06 AM, ejszaka said:

Strangely, I don't feel thirsty after swims. Usually 20 laps. That said, I do make it a point to drink while on way to pool, top up my bottle and drink after my swim, even though I don't get a sense of thirst at all.

Lack of hydration will impact your workout. You will be surprised at how much water you lose when you swim. You are working your whole body hard against water resistance. I'm sure you must have experienced intense sweating when you get out of the pool? :) Sometimes people don't realise that it's not always the number of laps that makes you exhausted. It's also the lack of water.

Hydration usually depends on how you swim. Casual or going really hard. Those who train competitively usually cover at times 4km or more of distance. Therefore they need to hydrate more often but they dun take gulps of water at a go, only sips. The hydration is important as they are pushing themselves hard and that increases the body temperature which in turn affects their performance. 

Guest Guest-Yishun

Very useful for discussions on swimming accompany. In future, I should drink some water in between of swimming. I usually swim 1km continuously once every two days if I swim only one person in the condo pool. If there are other neighbors, I will swim 1.5-2km non-stop even mostly not in same pace. That's why the accompany is importance as same as the jogging in theoretically.  

• 4 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.