Male HQ

🔮 All about Crystals and it's powers 🔮

Guest Madame S

Guest Memories
On 6/5/2022 at 4:17 PM, Guest Madame S said:

Believers of Crystals and Gemstones. Fall In and Report

Moldavite gave me plenty of nightmares I sold it in ebay.  Its energy too strong it dominated me in my sleep.   My greatest find 30 years ago, is a giant white opal (size of a safe-entry token) which I bought from a shop in town.  It displayed beautiful rainbow sheen in a jar of water.   I sold in ebay for $200, to a country American.  He was so happy, he took photo of his workshop in his ranch. and the opal in his hands.  He wanted to visit me for more opal....I declined. 

The last cyrstal was a huge Amethyst point - 3 inches thick and 6 inches tall.  I got it cheap because the "point" was broken.  I took it to another crystal  shop to have the point polished and sharpened for $10.   I used it for meditation and display before selling them thru online auction. 

I have many crazy stories when collecting minerals and cyrstals - more for display in my DIY clear acrylic box.   The only mineral that died on me is Halite.  It melted messy when placed under spot light. 

I love collecting cheap and good looking gem in its unpolished raw form such as Aquamarine, Tomaline, Beryl...etc..  Something like this.

It is not my picture, but you get the idea.

How-to-Identify-Minerals-in-10-Steps-2.jpg

When I lost interest and declutter, I sell my collection in ebay.  Those are now memories of the past.

Guest Memories

30 years ago, everything was quite cheap.  Just like collecting stamps.  I put blue tag for them to stand up and they look beautiful under light. 

How-to-Identify-Minerals-in-10-Steps-1

Guest Memories

I also went to one of their exhibition - the old World Trade Center, and fish out a few cheap opal, they go by weight (for couple dollars).  I put them inside a bottle filled with water and add them to my display box.  Again, the below is not my picture, but it brought me to my memory lanes in those early years.   

opal

Guest Spiritual
On 6/7/2022 at 8:04 PM, Kkklaus said:

I have an opal crystal. Anyone knows its benefits? 

Most minerals and gems are considered beneficial from your head to toe, phsycially and internally,  conscious and sub-conscious state of mind.  It is not proven though, or which specific area it is targetted on.   If you believe it works, it will. Oerwise it will not. No harm collecting for its beauty, which indirectly affect your mood.  From fengshui perspective,  certain minerals and gem will clash with your date and year of birth, but it will not clash with your horoscope.  It sounds contradicting in this regard.  Cyrstal should help you elevate your deeper state of mind, by understanding how they were formed.  Earth is made of layers after layers of crust beneath our feet and each level produce the right conditions for certain crystal to form, thus their coloration changes as it went deeper,  from the surface, right to the mantle of earth.  Similarly,  crystals held in your hands are also presence in other planets.  Use them to connect to the universe by meditating upon it.  

On 6/7/2022 at 7:29 AM, Guest Spiritual said:

Most minerals and gems are considered beneficial from your head to toe, phsycially and internally,  conscious and sub-conscious state of mind.  It is not proven though, or which specific area it is targetted on.   If you believe it works, it will. Oerwise it will not. No harm collecting for its beauty, which indirectly affect your mood.  From fengshui perspective,  certain minerals and gem will clash with your date and year of birth, but it will not clash with your horoscope.  It sounds contradicting in this regard.  Cyrstal should help you elevate your deeper state of mind, by understanding how they were formed.  Earth is made of layers after layers of crust beneath our feet and each level produce the right conditions for certain crystal to form, thus their coloration changes as it went deeper,  from the surface, right to the mantle of earth.  Similarly,  crystals held in your hands are also presence in other planets.  Use them to connect to the universe by meditating upon it.  

You made a good spiritual description.  I also think that crystals have a power that affects our minds.  Not only by their looks, but by the symmetry of their structure. About their health benefits, it lies in the power of belief.  I don't find this belief any more forced than the belief that Jesus Christ resuscitated. 

Guest wahahahaha
On 6/7/2022 at 9:44 PM, Steve5380 said:

I also think that crystals have a power that affects our minds.   I don't find this belief any more forced 

You are telling us you have them at home? Did you a crystal in your bag of lenthils to improve its taste?....wahahahahaha

On 6/7/2022 at 8:53 AM, Guest wahahahaha said:

You are telling us you have them at home? Did you a crystal in your bag of lenthils to improve its taste?....wahahahahaha

I don't have any crystal at home  (except for some cut glass "crystal") , nor any jewelry.   And I don't need to improve the taste of lentils, which is very mild and easy to change with whatever we combine with them.  wahahahahaha.

Guest Huh?
On 6/7/2022 at 10:37 PM, Steve5380 said:

I don't have any crystal at home  

I am surprised. The world largest annual crystal and gem show in Tucson is not too far from you.  What is holding you back?

On 6/7/2022 at 10:34 AM, Guest Huh? said:

I am surprised. The world largest annual crystal and gem show in Tucson is not too far from you.  What is holding you back?

Tucson Arizona is not near of Houston Texas.  Flights are problematic and expensive these days.   If I am interested in crystals,  it is much easier for me to look at pictures of them or read about the science of crystallography. 

Believer, no. Collector, yes. While I ain't no fan of the purported metaphysical/psuedoscientific properties behind crystals and/or minerals, I absolutely adore 'em for their esthetic appeal. 

I fill my tiny room with specimens (raw & polished) of moldavite, larimar, pyrite, citrine, cavansite; pentagonite, lapis lazuli, clear quartz, apophyllite, fire opal—the list goes on... 🤣

For these flaws I lament.

Quite a few of crystals lover here ,I like crystals and jade. Got 4 crystals stool (white ,rose fluorite  and fossil wood).and also got collection of some others like agate,Amber,black tourmaline, amethyst, aquamarine, citrine,garnet,jade,moldavite,auralite 23 ,tiger eye,leklai ........,like crystals cause its beautiful, and prefer the energy  too.

Guest ffffffff

Do crystals have spiritual qualities?

I'm her video for who's that girl Madonna opens a box filled with crystals. She smiles and sings:" light up my life, so blind I can't see."

• 1 month later...
Guest Try and see
On 7/30/2022 at 1:55 AM, Guest Hess said:

What is thr crystal to use to cure headache?

Rose quartz has a very gentle, healing energy.

If you can, get those heart-shapped ones and put a few under your pillow when you sleep.

It will help you to sleep well, relieve any headaches, and keep away nightmares.

If your job is stressful, keep one in your pocket when you are working. During stressful times, take it out and hold it in your palm. If you don't want your colleagues to see it, you can put your hand into your pocket to hold it.

il_fullxfull.452214237_b8v5.jpg

The only mineral that I am using extensively at present is shungite.

Shungite is a rare black stone made of up of up to 99% carbon and is the only natural source of fullerenes which is a 3-D spherical molecular form of carbon also known as buckyballs. It has both physical and metaphysical beneficial properties.
Shungite stones provide an excellent shield against environmental pollutants, electromagnetic smog, and radiation associated with cell phones, computers, and other electronic devices. Keeping the stone near the bed or underneath the mattress and pillow helps to relieve distress and improve sleep quality. It is an excellent grounding crystal for meditation and healing, due to the stone's association to the Root Chakra, and a highly protective stone that blocks negativity and cleanses dense energy. Place it above the doors and windows to prevent negative energies from entering.

Adding elite shungite to water enriches it with oxygen, and fills it with calcium, magnesium and other essential mineral components. Studies have shown that it could naturally help to remove pesticides and pharmaceuticals, radiation, toxins and heavy metals.

I keep a few shungite stones in each of my cats' water bowls to keep the water fresh and to imbue the water with shungite energy. The shungite stones keep to prevent slime formation in the bowl and keep the water crystal clear. I wear a shungite pendant to keep my energies grounded, shield against EMF emissions and to repel negative energies.

https://www.healthline.com/health/shungite#benefits

Guest Try and see
On 7/31/2022 at 2:21 AM, stevechia said:

The only mineral that I am using extensively at present is shungite.

Shungite is a rare black stone made of up of up to 99% carbon and is the only natural source of fullerenes which is a 3-D spherical molecular form of carbon also known as buckyballs. It has both physical and metaphysical beneficial properties.
Shungite stones provide an excellent shield against environmental pollutants, electromagnetic smog, and radiation associated with cell phones, computers, and other electronic devices. Keeping the stone near the bed or underneath the mattress and pillow helps to relieve distress and improve sleep quality. It is an excellent grounding crystal for meditation and healing, due to the stone's association to the Root Chakra, and a highly protective stone that blocks negativity and cleanses dense energy. Place it above the doors and windows to prevent negative energies from entering.

Adding elite shungite to water enriches it with oxygen, and fills it with calcium, magnesium and other essential mineral components. Studies have shown that it could naturally help to remove pesticides and pharmaceuticals, radiation, toxins and heavy metals.

I keep a few shungite stones in each of my cats' water bowls to keep the water fresh and to imbue the water with shungite energy. The shungite stones keep to prevent slime formation in the bowl and keep the water crystal clear. I wear a shungite pendant to keep my energies grounded, shield against EMF emissions and to repel negative energies.

https://www.healthline.com/health/shungite#benefits

Wow!! 

In Russia, Shungite has a long history. Czar Peter the Great, who ruled Russia at the time, was rumored to prefer to drink water infused with Shungite minerals.

Strangely it has also been reported that it can help boost weak wi-fi signals, too.

https://meanings.crystalsandjewelry.com/shungite/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

When I was still doing my training to be a jeweller I was also still quite raw in my spiritual practices, so I used to deck myself out in all kinds of stones because I felt I needed a bit of the energy of every stone.

Now fast-forward 15-over years and I work in spaces that have me constantly surrounded by all kinds of gems so I can easily bask in all the surplus energy - but at the same time I've refined by personal energy and reduced my reliance in them to the bare minimum.

Currently I am down to an ear cuff custom-carved from a "blue" jadeite boulder I had imported - I consider it my personal talisman and is difficult to remove because it's embedded into my cartilege (conch piercing).

I also have an ear stud set with a colour-change sapphire - one of a pair that was cut from a single rough crystal, with my hubby wearing the other piece. The stones transition from green in flourescent light to purple in incandescent light (and are deep blue in sunset light). Through my stone I can sense my partner's emotions from a distance, and vice-versa.

Not shown: both my feet have anklets in Argentium silver that are meant as "curse blockers" to ward off black magic.

GridPlus_1668698655306.jpg

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Guest James said:

I'm looking for garnet and peridot. Where to buy in Orchard?

Sunshine Plaza is the one closest. There is a sizable crystal store on the first floor. I once noticed the proprietor (or an assistant) of that shop smudging the place as I was walking by.  I suspect is pricey.  Not a problem if you are rich. 

Edited by Why?

There are a number of crystal shops (most are operated by Chinese nationals) within walking distance from Farrer Park MRT Station.

Some shops sells wooden bracelets and artefacts like Raja Kayu (imperial Dragon blood wood), sandalwood and agarwood, etc.

Personally, I like the crystal shop (Crystal Cube) located on level 2 of The Adelphi (opposite Funan Centre), its accessible via a link from CityHall MRT station. 

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you are a believer of crystals and "energy", please read this:

Different dog breeds have their own temperament,  the Chow Chow is independent and territorial, but that doesn't mean ALL CHOW CHOW have these traits.

The same goes for crystals, the rose quartz you buy from Shop #A and the rose quartz you get from Shop #B, might not be the same depending on 

• The history of the crystal (1) : what happened from mining, through the supply chain, retail, and until you bought it
  • The history of the crystal (2) : are there major traumatic accidents or events that is associated with the specific stone?
  • The vibe and intention of the crystal seller and his/her own energy field 

For example :

Diamond Metaphysical PropertiesIt is thought to be the gemstone of the intellect, preventing misunderstandings (romantic and otherwise). Diamond is also believed to provide clarity of thought, encouraging the resolution of problems which comes with clear understanding.

But I sure won't be buying and wearing the famed The Hope Diamond because of its history.

Another example:

I bought a piece of rose quartz from a shop, the seller has this very weird vibe that my intuition is asking me to be wary of. I bought the rose quartz from the store out of courtesy due to good service. But this piece of rose quartz repeatedly gave me bad vibes. I have already cleansed it with white sage, palo santo, buried it in soil, soaked it in moonlight, used positive affirmation together with smudging, cleared it in running water, and included it in my chanting. This was done over 12 months. But I never seem to be able to rid this specific piece of rose quartz from this bad juju I am getting.

Purchase crystals from people you can trust. 

More expensive doesn't mean better.

Trust your own intuition. 

Crystals are just like chicken essence, don't expect a piece of rock to change your life. Your own spiritual practice, self-mastery and mental state is impactful than what a piece of rock can do for you. You can be a genius but if you don't study, don't expect to aced an exam just by drinking chicken essence and do nothing else.

Edited by fenghou

5 hours ago, Guest Hint said:

I'm wondering what could be the lucky crystal for 2024. Can someone recommend?

Unlike other feng shui items, crystals correspond more to the individual person than to the year.

That means your lucky crystal will be the one that you are drawn to. It will be different for everyone, based on your 五行

1280px-Wuxing.svg.png

5 minutes ago, fenghou said:

If you are a believer of crystals and "energy", please read this:

Different dog breeds have their own temperament,  the Chow Chow is independent and territorial, but that doesn't mean ALL CHOW CHOW have these traits.

The same goes for crystals, the rose quartz you buy from Shop #A and the rose quartz you get from Shop #B, might not be the same depending on 

• The history of the crystal (1) : what happened from mining, through the supply chain, retail, and until you bought it
  • The history of the crystal (2) : are there major traumatic accidents or events that is associated with the specific stone?
  • The vibe and intention of the crystal seller and his/her own energy field 

For example :

Diamond Metaphysical PropertiesIt is thought to be the gemstone of the intellect, preventing misunderstandings (romantic and otherwise). Diamond is also believed to provide clarity of thought, encouraging the resolution of problems which comes with clear understanding.

But I sure won't be buying and wearing the famed The Hope Diamond because of its history.

Another example:

I bought a piece of rose quartz from a shop, the seller has this very weird vibe that my intuition is asking me to be wary of. I bought the rose quartz from the store out of courtesy due to good service. But this piece of rose quartz repeatedly gave me bad vibes. I have already cleansed it with white sage, palo santo, buried it in soil, soaked it in moonlight, used positive affirmation together with smudging, cleared it in running water, and included it in my chanting. This was done over 12 months. But I never seem to be able to rid this specific piece of rose quartz from this bad juju I am getting.

Purchase crystals from people you can trust. 

More expensive doesn't mean better.

Trust your own intuition. 

Very true!

Some feng shui stores may be selling you second-hand crystals, because it's cheaper for them than ordering brand new crystals.

Who knows: maybe the previous owner was a serial killer, or a satanist. And then you inherit that guy's crystal, with all his bad energy!

Worse, I know of quite a few feng shui store owners (in S'pore) who will wear a new crystal in their store's stock, or let their family member wear it, and then put it back on the shelf once they have got tired of it.

That is actually very selfish and unethical. It's almost like wearing new underwear, and then putting it back in the box to sell to people.

I've personally bought jade pendants that felt funny, but I still bought and wore it because the pendant looked nice. Then after wearing it, a tonne of bad things happened to me.

Until I stopped wearing it, then things improved.

Always trust your instinct and gut feeling when it comes to such things.

Also, when it comes to tainted crystals, prevention is better than cure. That means often, you won't be able to fully cleanse a tainted crystal, as what you've found out.

The best way is to let it go, no matter how costly it was, or how nice it looks. Just to drop it into a river or sea, so that no one can ever pick it up.

Guest Ornament
4 hours ago, fenghou said:

Another example:

The ideal usage for crystals is as ornaments, therefore you shouldn't anticipate anything from them, so it won't affect you.  If you start to worship it, then it is not so good.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.