Male HQ

Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)

1 hour ago, Guest said:

does anyone have this week's 8days magazine? can someone post the pic here please?

saw one post on ig where the mediacorp senior exec predicts zoe tay to win best actress...and the comments on others :

''Do you think the time has come for Jeanette Aw to bag the top prize? Fat hope. She was nominated in similar roles in the past and didn't win. As for the rest, Rui En is irritating.Ya Hui is bland and Rebecca is uninspiring''.

LOL COMING FROM A SENIOR WDFFF.

oh ok i think i know where you got this from, jeanette aws assistant's ig page.

well the truth is he just packaged an inconvenient truth in a crude manner.  she has been reprising the same kind of acting forever since the little nyonya and to be honest its not thaaat bad but how many times does she want to try the same thing and fail (to win BA)?  it's better for her to swallow the bitter pill now and learn or forever remain content with being a nominee.

paul chan should however choose to be more gracious in his speech next time.

9 minutes ago, Guest said:

well the truth is he just packaged an inconvenient truth in a crude manner.  she has been reprising the same kind of acting forever since the little nyonya and to be honest its not thaaat bad but how many times does she want to try the same thing and fail (to win BA)?  it's better for her to swallow the bitter pill now and learn or forever remain content with being a nominee.

if it really is paul chan as you guys have said i mean. he might be innocent.

On Sunday, April 17, 2016 at 11:01 PM, Guest said:

Lao Zoe deserves her Ah Jie status?  LOL

She was already a big flop since the late 90s.

1996 Kenneth Tsang Kong shot a TCS telemovie with Fung Bobo and Ann Kok, says Lao Zoe cannot make it in the Greater Asian arena

1997 TCS set up a satellite cable channel in Taiwan, Taiwan TV director John Wei called Lau Zoe the "yellowing leaf of Singapore"

1997 Rising Expectations - lost to Wong Li Lin

1998 Wisely - paired up with Michael Tao Dayu but could not make it big in HK

1998 十分郑惠玉 EP - her EP was a big flop despite being bankrolled by TCS, Sony Music Singapore.  Dick Lee wrote the title track, he must have regretted working with this old hag, it's the biggest stain in his career

1999 Lost Soul - flopped badly, viewers criticised her ghoulish slag look, her ratings dropped out of top 10 (no. 1 was Fann Wong's Out to Win)

2000 Millennium Bug - another big flop, viewers could not understand her character or the show

2000 Jackie Chan Macau Grand Prix - after Taiwanese actress Annie Wu got into an accident during the heats and the rest of the actresses were driving very carefully, Lao Zoe tried to 咸鱼翻身, drive damn fast like Michael Schumacher in the circuit, but she STILL LOST to Thai actress Anongnad, LOL

2001 The Tree - she was a big-time box office jinx, production cost $1.3m but box office $720,000 only??

2001 My Home Affairs - she played a modern career woman but talked about stocks and shares like selling tupperware in the wet market

2002 Katong Miss Oh - acting cute with rebonded hair in that retarded sitcom with Mark Lee, Mark Lee eventually won Best Comedy Actor beating her

2003 Phua Chu Kang - she delivered her lines in English and the guest-starring episode was telecast on Channel 5 a week before Fann Wong's Shanghai Knights screened in cinemas.  But she was lambasted by viewers for trying too hard

2004 Man at Forty - acted ugly but was not nominated

2005 Star Awards - attention whore trying to force Chris to propose to Fann; hogging the mike and preventing Christy Chung from speaking; stealing Chen Hanwei's thunder

2006 Extrim-X 'cha cha cha' and Imedeen 'I swallow' controversy - the sponsors dropped her totally

1. Extrim X cha cha cha pills contain unknown substances.

2. Garnier anti-ageing range contains a chemical known to lead to breast cancer.

3. Imedeen 'I swallow' controversy.

4. Similac - endorsing powdered milk while extolling the virtues of breastfeeding, hypocritical much?

5. Breastfeeding while taking Extrim-X?  LOL hypocrite.

6. Rustic Nirvana post-natal spa - she claims she doesn't bathe during the confinement month but can enjoy a spa bath in Rustic Nirvana??

7. Endorsing Garnier in 2008, HD wrinkles in 2009 Ultimatum?  LOL

2006 The Perfect Wife sitcom - another big-time flop, this time she wasn't even nominated

2008 Lao Zoe gatecrashed the set of Little Nyonya trying to get the director to give her a role, the director Chia Mien Yang 谢敏洋 chased her out like a stray dog!  LOL

2008 By My Side - she played a dowdy wife who, out of 'love', tried to seduce her AIDs-stricken husband Chen Hanwei in a bra and black-rimmed glasses - laughable like hell

2009 Ultimatum wrinkles controversy, lost to Fann Wong

2010 Love Cuts - production cost S$1m, box office S$90k, she is a 2-time box office jinx

2011 Devotion - her big-time comeback role but when Taiwanese babe Cynthia Wang Xinru came out, she was relegated to 'supporting actress' status, LOL

2012 Double Bonus - not nominated for Best Actress

2013 Dream Makers 1 - the only actress not to be nominated for Best Actress, LOL

2014 You can be an angel too - another big-time flop, no one even bothered to watch or discuss her role

2015 Mister John - she was uttering vulgarities like fuck and asshole in the movie, what a shame!

2015 Recipe - Li Yinzhu beat the old hag completely

2016 Dream Makers 2 - the focus is on Rui En and Jeanette Aw as usual, nobody cares about the old hag who asked Chen Hanwei to masturbate (打飞机 vs 搭飞机)

2016 Chinese New Year show - she slipped and fell while rushing to 财神爷, what a disgrace, can't act properly, can't talk properly, can't even walk properly now!

Obviously this rubbish old hag is just a deflated hot air balloon, all hype no substance, she's got an unparalleled track record of flops and failures!

Not marketable, not versatile, no overseas exposure, no substance, no looks!

Ah Jie my ass!!

2007  ahjie had zero drama productions. Pregnant with 2nd son Ashton, went to media about her unhappiness with mediacorp pregnancy contract 

1 hour ago, Guest said:

well not only JA's comment but others...rui en is irritating LOL. rebecca uninteresting? must be lacking of vocab.

senior executive is paul chan ah?confirmed?

The only reason why zoe is nominated probably because hbr doesnt have full time contract with mediacorp, if hbr were to sign contract with mdc, zoe can totally forget about her nomination.

zoe ah jie is veyr humble person...when people go up to stage take award for top 10 she will give applaud for everyone. some others don't even applaud lor but ah jie give applause for everyone

1 minute ago, Guest said:

zoe ah jie is veyr humble person...when people go up to stage take award for top 10 she will give applaud for everyone. some others don't even applaud lor but ah jie give applause for everyone

Did you see it with your own eyes?

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

everyone can see with their eye if they watch the top 10 replay online. a humble queen with respect for other, is our role model

"Wo si a jie zeng hui yi."

Will a humble person address herself as a jie?

What ve u been smoking?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

52 minutes ago, Guest said:

well not only JA's comment but others...rui en is irritating LOL. rebecca uninteresting? must be lacking of vocab.

senior executive is paul chan ah?confirmed?

The only reason why zoe is nominated probably because hbr doesnt have full time contract with mediacorp, if hbr were to sign contract with mdc, zoe can totally forget about her nomination.

like I said after that, I've no idea. That's what someone else said a few posts before mine.

It may be him, it may not. I dont know.

What's funny is he just merely mentioned that Jeanette Aw has no hope of winning BA this time round. He said 'worse' things about Rebecca and Ya Hui etc and they don't seem to be finding problems with him, so I am not sure why Jeanette Aw's assistant needs to air her disappointment online lol. I'm obviously not saying he's right but its quite weird that the people who should be finding problems with him aren't, and the people who may be shouldn't be too offended are. Just saying. Nonetheless, I think Jeanette Aw is pretty ok an actress, she seems smart and levelheaded, and I hope she isn't affected by this at all. She shouldn't be, there's no need to be.

And anyway HBR is a complete try-hard la in ZZSF2. She must be thinking how she's royally invited out of her hiatus to act in this blockbuster that shes qualified to show people what a masterclass in acting is. End up, make a complete fool of herself every time she's in that uppity office mode, which is basically 99% of the time. Please just go back home and get more rest.

Zoe is still the most qualified to win the BA of the 5 this time.

Sonia chew is so naturally funny n cute.

I cant help liking her.

Ox should ve learned from her.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

senior MediaCorp exec
#1 Romeo Tan “Romeo’s name is always up for consideration whenever the people-in-charge are casting the leads. This shows that people have confidence in him as an actor and star. He’s also an advertisers’ darling.”
#2 Zhang Zhenhuan “Zhenhuan has been around for a long time, and he has finally reached a level where he can play the main lead.”
#3 Aloysius Pang “You see Aloy being given prominent lead roles in upcoming shows. Previously, he’d only played small or semi-lead roles in group dramas. But he’s since proven that he has acting chops. He’s gained the respect of the EPs and they think of him when they cast shows.”
#4 Xu Bin “Xu Bin hasn’t been a main lead — he usually plays second lead roles. Going forward, you’ll see him getting promoted as a leading man as I can see people are gaining confidence in him.”
#5 Desmond Tan “Desmond, who was once at the top [among] the 8 Dukes, has fallen in the ranks due to his absence in Chinese productions. However, with his looks and the fact that he can play the love interest of any of our female leads with ease, it’s safe to say that Desmond won’t fall that far from grace. This year, he’s starring in several Ch 8 dramas, so we shall see how he will rise from the ashes.”
#6 Ian Fang “Ian has been given opportunities to prove his acting abilities, but somehow he’s still not a serious contender for lead roles. He can act very well, but viewers are still not able to take him seriously. Maybe it’s ’cos he always looks like a naughty boy.”
#7 Jeffrey Xu “Just like Ian, Jeffrey has not been considered for lead roles.”
#8 Shane Pow “Shane hasn’t been accepted by the mainstream Ch 8 audience yet. The roles that he has played have been supporting ones, and they’re just not memorable enough.”

Ch 8 scriptwriter
#1 Desmond Tan “Desmond is very handsome and he looks like an idol. I agree that his popularity has fallen this year, but from a scriptwriter and TV producer’s point of view, I can see him acting in many different roles. He’s very malleable, in that sense. I’m more worried about the way he delivers his dialogue. He needs to work harder on that.”
#2 Ian Fang “Ian’s acting is good, he can deliver his dialogue very convincingly. However, he is not given enough opportunities and is always stereotyped in rebellious roles. If a producer gives him other types of roles, I think he can do it. For example, he portrayed a nerdy, cowardly guy in Tiger Mum very well.”
#3 Xu Bin “The problem with Xu Bin is that he always plays the handsome guy or the rich kid. He needs a breakthrough.”
#4 Aloysius Pang “Aloysius has been stereotyped as a teenager and he needs to shake that off. He has potential but the powers-that-be need to give him a chance to play other characters.”
#5 Romeo Tan “I think many people will rank Romeo at the top, but personally, I feel that he doesn’t leave a deep impression. He has been given many opportunities to act in high-profile roles, but if you ask me to name one of them, I wouldn’t be able to. He hasn’t done anything that’s outstanding or memorable.”
#6 Shane Pow “Shane is quite average. He doesn’t look like an idol and he isn’t as manly as Desmond. It’s hard to think of roles for him.”
#7 Zhang Zhenhuan “He has been acting for many years but he still doesn’t stand out. The audience may be familiar with his face but I don’t think they are able to name him. He looks good, but in this industry, you’ll need luck too.”
#8 Jeffrey Xu “Jeffrey is quite similar to Shane. When I think of him, I feel that there are very limited roles he can play. He’s been acting for a few years now but people still need to think for a while before they remember his name.”

Ch 8 exec producer:
#1 Desmond Tan “Desmond can act, looks good and has a good working attitude. He just needs to improve on his language abilities.”
#2 Romeo Tan “Romeo has a good attitude, but he needs to add some depth to his roles.”
#3 Zhang Zhenhuan “Zhenhuan is good-looking and charming. However, he needs to learn how to deal with stress. He tends to get nervous and anxious easily.”
#4 Aloysius Pang “Aloysius has his own opinions when it comes to interpreting a role, which is good. However, he tends to overthink, and that makes him tense. He should learn to relax a bit.”
#5 Shane Pow “Shane is someone with unlimited possibilities. He is charming and very relatable, which is good for him as an actor. However, due to his hosting duties, he also has the fewest dramas among the eight, which puts him at a disadvantage.”
#6 Xu Bin “He is very popular and he has been given many opportunities. He’s also good-looking and charming but he should really start focusing on his acting now — that needs a lot of time and effort to build up.”
#7 Ian Fang “Ian is one of the better actors among the eight. He has a lot of potential acting-wise. But, these days, he tends to over-act. He should act with his heart more, and not focus too much on technique.”
#8 Jeffrey Xu “Jeffrey has been working very hard but I feel that he is working hard in the wrong direction. When he acts, he tends to overdo his facial expressions which isn’t necessary. He also loses out to the other guys when it comes to popularity. Those who aren’t ranked at the top need to work harder in order to catch up. It doesn’t mean that they will always be at the bottom.”

Zheng Geping
#1-3 (in random order) Romeo Tan, Aloysius Pang, Xu Bin
#4-8 (in random order) Shane Pow, Desmond Tan, Jeffrey Xu, Zhang Zhenhuan, Ian Fang
“I picked those three as the top because they’ve had a lot of exposure on TV the past year, and they’re very popular. Aloysius, in particular, is very aware of his surroundings when he is acting, and he has a lot more experience than the rest. Desmond used to be the ‘leader’ of the group, but there weren’t many opportunities given to him in the past year, so he didn’t get the chance to showcase his talent. As for Jeffrey, I feel that his acting abilities are strong, but he is just not as well-known as the top three. The same goes for Zhenhuan. My advice to all of them is: You can count on your good looks in the first few years but in the long run, the media and the audience will be pickier. Don’t keep limiting yourself to one type of role.”

15 minutes ago, Guest said:

Zoe Tay had better win this Sunday.  

If she loses, we will laugh.

And her lackeys will commit suicide.

LOL

aiya for all you know jeanette aw will win lor...some people on the report must play hei lian some will play bai lian like that then have surprise what. if everyone jeanette jeanette jeanette, then jeanette win you think it will be as good? some must so call scold jeanette a bit here and there and leave surprise, then when she really win there will be the shock value for her and everynoe.

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

aiya for all you know jeanette aw will win lor...some people on the report must play hei lian some will play bai lian like that then have surprise what. if everyone jeanette jeanette jeanette, then jeanette win you think it will be as good? some must so call scold jeanette a bit here and there and leave surprise, then when she really win there will be the shock value for her and everynoe.

the Queen will win!

9 minutes ago, Guest said:

Dejavu of Leonardo DiCaprio, JA would probably win this sunday..and Zhao Fei'Er is by far the role that defines her career.

may the best actress win.  jeanette win, zoe will be happy for her. zoe win, jeanette will be happy for her.

if you never watch since star award 2013, whatever jeanette win zoe show sincere happiness for her. both are good friend

22 minutes ago, Guest said:

Dejavu of Leonardo DiCaprio, JA would probably win this sunday..and Zhao Fei'Er is by far the role that defines her career.

Anthony Wong will be presenting the Best Actress, who will he present it to?

just bought 8days,so far the votes

BEST ACTOR

Mediacorp Senior Ex - Christopher Lee

Popular CH8 Veteran Actor - Romeo Tan

Mediacorp VP - QiYuWu

Star Award-winning CH8 Actor - Chen Han Wei 

8days - Christopher Lee 

BEST ACTRESS

Mediacorp Senior Ex - Zoe Tay

Popular CH8 Veteran Actor - Jeanette Aw

Mediacorp VP - Jeanette Aw

Star Award-winning CH8 Actor - Zoe Tay

8days - Jeanette Aw

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Mediacorp Senior Ex - Ian Fang

Popular CH8 Veteran Actor - Ian Fang

Mediacorp VP - Zhang Zhen Huan

Star Award-winning CH8 Actor - Andie Chen

8days - Ian Fang 

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Mediacorp Senior Ex - Julie Tan 

Popular CH8 Veteran Actor - Carrie Wong

Mediacorp VP - Julie Tan

Star Award-winning CH8 Actor - Julie Tan

8days - Julie Tan

BEST DRAMA SERIAL

Mediacorp Senior Ex - Tiger Mum

Popular CH8 Veteran Actor - The Dream Makers 2 

Mediacorp VP - The Dream Makers 2

Star Award-winning CH8 Actor - 118

8days - Tiger Mum

On 4/18/2016 at 10:03 AM, Guest said:

The usually manly commando man Desmond Tan looking very sisterly in this photo. Is he coming out or what?

OMG Why did Desmond Tan wear mascara and blusher?

6 minutes ago, Guest said:

OMG Why did Desmond Tan wear mascara and blusher?

hes so manly you think he will agree to wear that ah i think he has naturally thick lashes la

lol i just viewed the 8days of SA2012-2015

that mediacorp senior exe prediction all basically results already lol.

2012 : he predicted tayping hui and joanne peh(shockingly others voted zoe)

2013 : he predicted chris lee and rui en

2014 : he predicted .... and chen li ping

2015 : shaun chen and rebecca lim

2016 : chris lee and zoe tay

BYEBYE AWARDS

1 hour ago, Guest said:

speaking of desmond tan, why doesn't he have more air time here? hes the number 1 hunk in mdc now

wear got hunky? commando is just a name for show off.

58 minutes ago, FluteGuan said:

Desmond pic.  美图修修 啦。。。

As for shane pow...ihe veri handsome wad.... but the comments above like not veri gd leh.,,,

The downside is he seems not so groiny....flat flat,,

Everyone agrees tho tt chinaboy heyhey is the worst,

shane pow yucks

7 hours ago, Guest said:

BYEBYE AWARDS

So what is the ... in 2014.

So far none of 8 dukes come close to the manliness of tph.

Despite dyt s pretty face, he has rather mean demeanor.

The next young guy with mean boy look is james seah. But he cant beat a 20s tph too.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

11 hours ago, Guest said:

BYEBYE AWARDS

you can go and open detective agency already lollllll

He is the shortest duke.

He puts on weight easily.

He is only outstanding on this own shirtless.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

46 minutes ago, fab said:

So far none of 8 dukes come close to the manliness of tph.

Despite dyt s pretty face, he has rather mean demeanor.

The next young guy with mean boy look is james seah. But he cant beat a 20s tph too.

wasted chuando never join and be actor in his prime, sure ah ge

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

wasted chuando never join and be actor in his prime, sure ah ge

But too bad his singing career din take off in tw else we can see more of him.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

11 hours ago, Guest said:

BYEBYE AWARDS

2014 Pierre Png

http://s516.photobucket.com/user/RBKD-online/media/Holding%20Area/Magazines/8%20Days/2012/8DAYS112326apr2012pg15-1.jpg.html?t=1335516225

2012 look at the senior exe's prediction.

''Joanne Peh's potrayal of a materialistic Ah-Lian is so believable. Again,it's a role that's so OTT. If the judges are rooting for understated acting, Zoe will win,but that won't happen.Joanne will wipe out the competition.''

''Do you think the time has come for Jeanette Aw to bag the top prize? Fat hope. She was nominated in similar roles in the past and didn't win. As for the rest, Rui En is irritating,Ya Hui is bland and Rebecca is uninspiring. ZOE TAY will wipe the competition clean.''

woooo kelong kelong

Paul chan is only a marketer for ch 8.

I dont think he even reports to the ceo directly n is considered a senior exec in mediacorp.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

10 minutes ago, fab said:

Paul chan is only a marketer for ch 8.

I dont think he even reports to the ceo directly n is considered a senior exec in mediacorp.

so does the actor/actresses know whos the senior exe?

24 minutes ago, Guest said:

http://s516.photobucket.com/user/RBKD-online/media/Holding%20Area/Magazines/8%20Days/2012/8DAYS112326apr2012pg15-1.jpg.html?t=1335516225

''Joanne Peh's potrayal of a materialistic Ah-Lian is so believable. Again,it's a role that's so OTT. If the judges are rooting for understated acting, Zoe will win,but that won't happen.Joanne will wipe out the competition.''

''Do you think the time has come for Jeanette Aw to bag the top prize? Fat hope. She was nominated in similar roles in the past and didn't win. As for the rest, Rui En is irritating,Ya Hui is bland and Rebecca is uninspiring. ZOE TAY will wipe the competition clean.''

woooo kelong kelong

早已内定,新传媒力捧千年老妖郑惠玉。

Lao Zoe deserves her Ah Jie status?  LOL

She was already a big flop since the late 90s.

1996 Kenneth Tsang Kong shot a TCS telemovie with Fung Bobo and Ann Kok, says Lao Zoe cannot make it in the Greater Asian arena

1997 TCS set up a satellite cable channel in Taiwan, Taiwan TV director John Wei called Lau Zoe the "yellowing leaf of Singapore"

1997 Rising Expectations - lost to Wong Li Lin

1998 Wisely - paired up with Michael Tao Dayu but could not make it big in HK

1998 十分郑惠玉 EP - her EP was a big flop despite being bankrolled by TCS, Sony Music Singapore.  Dick Lee wrote the title track, he must have regretted working with this old hag, it's the biggest stain in his career

1999 Lost Soul - flopped badly, viewers criticised her ghoulish slag look, her ratings dropped out of top 10 (no. 1 was Fann Wong's Out to Win)

2000 Millennium Bug - another big flop, viewers could not understand her character or the show

2000 Jackie Chan Macau Grand Prix - after Taiwanese actress Annie Wu got into an accident during the heats and the rest of the actresses were driving very carefully, Lao Zoe tried to 咸鱼翻身, drive damn fast like Michael Schumacher in the circuit, but she STILL LOST to Thai actress Anongnad, LOL

2001 The Tree - she was a big-time box office jinx, production cost $1.3m but box office $720,000 only??

2001 My Home Affairs - she played a modern career woman but talked about stocks and shares like selling tupperware in the wet market

2002 Katong Miss Oh - acting cute with rebonded hair in that retarded sitcom with Mark Lee, Mark Lee eventually won Best Comedy Actor beating her

2003 Phua Chu Kang - she delivered her lines in English and the guest-starring episode was telecast on Channel 5 a week before Fann Wong's Shanghai Knights screened in cinemas.  But she was lambasted by viewers for trying too hard

2004 Man at Forty - acted ugly but was not nominated

2005 Star Awards - attention whore trying to force Chris to propose to Fann; hogging the mike and preventing Christy Chung from speaking; stealing Chen Hanwei's thunder

2006 Extrim-X 'cha cha cha' and Imedeen 'I swallow' controversy - the sponsors dropped her totally

1. Extrim X cha cha cha pills contain unknown substances.

2. Garnier anti-ageing range contains a chemical known to lead to breast cancer.

3. Imedeen 'I swallow' controversy.

4. Similac - endorsing powdered milk while extolling the virtues of breastfeeding, hypocritical much?

5. Breastfeeding while taking Extrim-X?  LOL hypocrite.

6. Rustic Nirvana post-natal spa - she claims she doesn't bathe during the confinement month but can enjoy a spa bath in Rustic Nirvana??

7. Endorsing Garnier in 2008, HD wrinkles in 2009 Ultimatum?  LOL

2006 The Perfect Wife sitcom - another big-time flop, this time she wasn't even nominated

2008 Lao Zoe gatecrashed the set of Little Nyonya trying to get the director to give her a role, the director Chia Mien Yang 谢敏洋 chased her out like a stray dog!  LOL

2008 By My Side - she played a dowdy wife who, out of 'love', tried to seduce her AIDs-stricken husband Chen Hanwei in a bra and black-rimmed glasses - laughable like hell

2009 Ultimatum wrinkles controversy, lost to Fann Wong

2010 Love Cuts - production cost S$1m, box office S$90k, she is a 2-time box office jinx

2011 Devotion - her big-time comeback role but when Taiwanese babe Cynthia Wang Xinru came out, she was relegated to 'supporting actress' status, LOL

2012 Double Bonus - not nominated for Best Actress

2013 Dream Makers 1 - the only actress not to be nominated for Best Actress, LOL

2014 You can be an angel too - another big-time flop, no one even bothered to watch or discuss her role

2015 Mister John - she was uttering vulgarities like fuck and asshole in the movie, what a shame!

2015 Recipe - Li Yinzhu beat the old hag completely

2016 Dream Makers 2 - the focus is on Rui En and Jeanette Aw as usual, nobody cares about the old hag who asked Chen Hanwei to masturbate (打飞机 vs 搭飞机)

2016 Chinese New Year show - she slipped and fell while rushing to 财神爷, what a disgrace, can't act properly, can't talk properly, can't even walk properly now!

Obviously this rubbish old hag is just a deflated hot air balloon, all hype no substance, she's got an unparalleled track record of flops and failures!

Not marketable, not versatile, no overseas exposure, no substance, no looks!

Ah Jie my ass!!

mediacorp's problem list:

- only find good-looking actor or actress, no x factor no acting skill never mind just good-looking good already. in tcs or sbc, they can pick hong hui fang or xsg like this with good skill but no face to act, now will they?

-lousy script. forever same story, someone fighting for the will of a rich relative or person or scheme to get rich by rich relative business.how many time they want to do this same story? watch 2 times sian already. either that or govt sponsor story like the nurse show. and do part 2 worse.

-no career developing for actor and actress. whole day see elvin ng typecase as the good boy with good heart, or jeanette as the pretty girl that suffer. LAME. in hk, we see career and life development of their entertainer throughout the year, like faye wong come out as cantopop starlet but can act in yi hao huang ting, then afterward groom her to a more modern cantopop diva with sold out concert. in sg, you are good boy once you are good boy forever. think a bit la..

- no chance for people who do not make it to make it. if you have prove yourself to be cmi in the first 3 year of your career, you are cmi forever. no chance to move on, develop, show case. if they want to promote you, they promote you forever, good or bad. how to motivate people to improve?

- never send actor for serious training with film school. only maybe send teacher here once ahiwle to coach them. how to improve?

add to the list.

-

26 minutes ago, Guest said:

woooo kelong kelong

OTT?
Yahui is bland for sure

Not too sure about his comments abt Rebecca

Anyway Ah Di (devotion) acted by zoe didn't get the prize mah though q an convincing job performed

then the recent Zoe in the blockbuster is just ok

• IkuTube changed the title to Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.