Male HQ

Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)

Guest Lalala
On 8/25/2021 at 12:04 AM, Guest Dom Perignon said:

In that case , Kate Pang is very fortunate. 

庞蕾馨, 每晚被  Andie 举   高 高。

坐 上  Andie 的  过山 车。

before katie pong, andie chen dating the model melissaa faithhh yeo.

piak piak piak.

but dunno why suddenly katie pong came into the picture.

think shott gunnn.

On 8/25/2021 at 1:23 AM, G_ZK said:

i think Andie looks ok. not the good-looking handsome chap, but not the ugliest in the lot. in fact i think His acting is better than Desmond. I though he acted quite well in 十年 and 动荡的年代. i always though the issue with him is, he is either too greedy or unrealistic. he has this utopian mindset of being a superstar and so keeps flip-flopping between mdc, taiwan and youtube. in short, not very smart and focus to leave an impression before switching to another market.

Edited by Firday

On 8/25/2021 at 1:16 AM, G_ZK said:

haha yes zane cannot act well to save his life. but been on screen more often do allows people to reconize him more easily. elvin cant act too, but he manage to survive in showbiz for over a decade.

tyler acting is better. i was taken aback by his slapping scenes with juin during the finals. was disappointed he didn’t won the 3rd place then. tyler definitely needs to work on his chinese, which is about the same standard as mine.

i feel ze tong acting has plateaued? he has been using the same few expressions in all his dramas. he is like a “walking vase” for this 9pm drama.

zhai siming is quite overrated in all aspects, be it looks, bods and acting.

what happened to that girl who won 3rd place? totally disappeared from mdc.

Zhe tong a bit cmi lor. Was trying to figure  out who is the 男二 but doesn't  seem to have any. Even joel did  better  job.

3rd place girl probably busy studying  gua

On 8/25/2021 at 11:49 AM, Firday said:

in my view, he lack of confidence in his look, acting and social skill - yes he greedy for exposure too ! 

he think too highly of himself when his youth is limited.

he been moving around in taiwan,malaysia, HK but end up zero - house man for his kid in taiwan home while his wife back to sg to spurt the media cock industry.

you summed it up well. he seems very confused with his career and life decisions. pretty much a rich privileged kid who can afford to be idealistic.

On 8/25/2021 at 12:47 PM, bigdanbeam said:

Zhe tong a bit cmi lor. Was trying to figure  out who is the 男二 but doesn't  seem to have any. Even joel did  better  job.

hmmm, but ain't the other finalists being students too?

On 8/24/2021 at 9:24 PM, bigdanbeam said:

Joel choo acting as denise's older brother... erm. Look more like younger brother lor. 

On 8/25/2021 at 12:47 PM, bigdanbeam said:

yes, Joel suits the role well and he delivered. His role is also more critical than zhetong's, who is like a sidekick to converse with denise and flirt awkwardly with priscilla chan. Joel at least provides important leads to the cases and bridge the family. Hope he can make it big in China with his exotic peranakan looks.

On 8/25/2021 at 12:07 AM, fab said:

Fit 佬alone is not enough. 

Jackson is the fittest but totally not groomed at all.

cannot rmb if Jackson was groomed anot, but he did make a good choice - he‘s doing so well in property now.

It’s not that Andie Chen was not groomed, he was given quite abit of opportunities. but i think this guy is ambitious and wanna be one of the top in the least amount of time. how many ppl can be so heng? its not that he is not talented - his acting at the start is already much better than most guys, and he’s the champion for star search. but 各种人都有啦, some ppl just cannot wait and wait forever for a time to shine. nothing wrong also, its his personal choice.

I only remember Jackson always in himbo roles.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Tomato
On 8/24/2021 at 9:16 PM, Guest guest said:

The male finalist from the star search doesn't seems to be given many exposure or good acting role, even for zhang ze tong.

Seriously, with a 3rd rate production and a 3rd rate small audience in Spore, what good acting roles can one expect?

On 8/25/2021 at 9:24 PM, Guest Tomato said:

Seriously, with a 3rd rate production and a 3rd rate small audience in Spore, what good acting roles can one expect?

you totally missed the point. creativity and producing for the target audience are the key factors to produce good drama/film. having huge budget or a strong cast does not guarantee the show will be good.

local dramas are written, filmed and produced for local audience. by comparing local productions with overseas drama is like comparing apples with oranges. the themes, settings and sociocultural context are totally different. it is kind of funny and sad, because mdc used to produced pretty good dramas till early 2000s. many dramas were also exported overseas. therefore, something must had went wrong somewhere that cause the dip in quality. but objectively, i thought the quality improves slightly over the past 2 years.

with the exception of Yanxi Palace, i find it extremely difficult to indulge into any China produced dramas, especially those based in contemporary settings. it can be filmed with the highest budget and cast with the most high profile actors, but the storyline are usually something i cannot relate to it, as the context is very foreign, so it is difficult to relate with their emotions. the current Channel U 10pm drama is a good example. the high-pitch noisy mainland accents are also quite a major turn-off. similarly, those thai dramas are quite WTF to me. but we are not the target audience to begin with, so as long as these dramas sell in their homeland.

On 8/25/2021 at 12:07 AM, fab said:

Fit 佬alone is not enough. 

Jackson is the fittest but totally not groomed at all.

I think Jackson gave up too fast back then and left mcs. I guess his interest is not to become actor for long. Lucky he left mcs, his career now is so much better than staying in mcs.

On 8/25/2021 at 1:16 AM, G_ZK said:

haha yes zane cannot act well to save his life. but been on screen more often do allows people to reconize him more easily. elvin cant act too, but he manage to survive in showbiz for over a decade.

tyler acting is better. i was taken aback by his slapping scenes with juin during the finals. was disappointed he didn’t won the 3rd place then. tyler definitely needs to work on his chinese, which is about the same standard as mine.

i feel ze tong acting has plateaued? he has been using the same few expressions in all his dramas. he is like a “walking vase” for this 9pm drama.

zhai siming is quite overrated in all aspects, be it looks, bods and acting.

what happened to that girl who won 3rd place? totally disappeared from mdc.

I think elvin cannot act and yet manage to survive in mcs for so long, should be due to mcs continue to renew contract with him, and elvin has that audience appeal. Mcs renewed their artistes contract, not really see if they can act or cannot act, should see if they have audience appeal. I find Zane does not have audience appeal and charisma. 

On 8/25/2021 at 1:23 AM, G_ZK said:

i think Andie looks ok. not the good-looking handsome chap, but not the ugliest in the lot. in fact i think His acting is better than Desmond. I though he acted quite well in 十年 and 动荡的年代. i always though the issue with him is, he is either too greedy or unrealistic. he has this utopian mindset of being a superstar and so keeps flip-flopping between mdc, taiwan and youtube. in short, not very smart and focus to leave an impression before switching to another market.

Andie chen afterall is star search champion, so guess he would want to make it big. Too bad he is another one who doesn't have audience appeal.

On 8/25/2021 at 2:15 PM, Guest Blahh said:

cannot rmb if Jackson was groomed anot, but he did make a good choice - he‘s doing so well in property now.

It’s not that Andie Chen was not groomed, he was given quite abit of opportunities. but i think this guy is ambitious and wanna be one of the top in the least amount of time. how many ppl can be so heng? its not that he is not talented - his acting at the start is already much better than most guys, and he’s the champion for star search. but 各种人都有啦, some ppl just cannot wait and wait forever for a time to shine. nothing wrong also, its his personal choice.

Jackson doing well in property? Did he stay in a landed like elvin? Haha.

On 8/25/2021 at 9:12 PM, Guest Tylers Nipples said:

What the f

Happened

To Des nose?

Totally disfigured

Lol

https://www.todayonline.com/8days/sceneandheard/celebrities/desmond-tan-almost-cried-when-he-was-told-he-wasnt-actor-production

Trying to  learn from dyt? 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 8/27/2021 at 10:05 PM, bigdanbeam said:

I thot the 9pm show would be a good one after 2 boring external production.  Unfortunately i found it quite heavy to digest with so many flashbacks  and hiddens pasts of the leads 

Good to see Chen huihui back though

Hopefully, the 7.30 one from Sept 1 will be good. Elvin Ng acting liao. 

Drama aired in 2021

Recipe of Life (味之道) - Huang Biren, Chen Liping、Chen Han Wei, Shaun Chen, Carrie Wong, Ayden Sng
Mister Flower (花花公子) - Rui En, Elvin Ng, Julie Tan, Shane Pow, Nick Teo, Hong Ling
Watch Out! Alexius (小心啊!謝宇航) - Rebecca Lim, Zhang Yao Dong, Paige Chua, Xu Ming Jie, Sheryl Ang, Joel Choo
My Star Bride (過江新娘) - Chantelle Ng, Xu Bin, Edwin Goh, Gini Chang
CTRL (操控) - Desmond Tan, Ya Hui, Denise Camilla Tan, Richie Koh
Mind Jumper (觸心罪探) - Joanne Peh, James Seah, Herman Keh, Zhang Yao Dong, Meixin
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Ghost (臥虎藏鬼) - Jesseca Liu, Jeremy Chan, Bonnie Loo, Dong Zijie
Soul Old Yet So Young (心裡住著老靈魂) - Romeo Tan, He Yingying, Shane Pow, Paige Chua, Zhang Yao Dong, Hong Ling 
My Mini-me and Me (很久以後的未來) - Xu Bin, Meixin, Xu Ming Jie, Dawn Yeoh
Key Witness (關鍵證人) - Desmond Tan, Denise Camilla Tan, Sheryl Ang
The Heartland Helo (鄰里幫) - Elvin Ng, Paige Chua, Chew Chor Meng, Bryan Wong, Vivian Lai, Bonnie Loo, Ian Fang (Guest appearance: Zoe Tay, Rui En,  Xu Bin, Chantelle Ng)

Upcoming dramas to air in 2021 

The Peculiar Pawnbroker (人心鑒定師) - Li Nanxing, Romeo Tan, Carrie Wong, Aileen Tan
Live Your Dreams (大大的夢想) - Qi Yuwu, Shelia Sim, Tasha Low, Zhang Yao Dong, Ferlyn G, Chantelle Ng 

Upcoming dramas to air in 2022

The Takedown (肃战肃决) - Desmond Tan, Jesseca Liu, Zhang Ze Tong, Hong Ling, Yang Guang Ke Le, Benjamin Tan, Xu Ming Jie 
Leave No Soul Behind (21点灵) - Felicia Chin, Shaun Chen, Chantelle Ng, Brandon Wong 
Truths About Us (别来无恙) - Ya Hui, Ayden Sng, Darren Lim, Lina Ng, Zing Zijie, Fang Rong 
守护星 - Denise Camilla Tan, Romeo Tan
爸,我回来了 - Ya Hui
Genie in a Cup (哇到宝) - Xu Bin, Tasha Low, Wang Yu Qing
亲家,冤家做头家 - Li Nanxing, Aileen Tan, Chen Shu Cheng, Gini Chang, Romeo Tan 
Edited by hsf

Based on list above, the below is list of actors who are eligible to run for the best performance categories at SA next year.

Best Actress

Recipe of Life (味之道) - Huang Biren, Chen Liping

Mister Flower (花花公子) - Rui En
Watch Out! Alexius (小心啊!謝宇航) - Rebecca Lim
My Star Bride (過江新娘) - Chantelle Ng
CTRL (操控) - Ya Hui
Mind Jumper (觸心罪探) - Joanne Peh
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Ghost (臥虎藏鬼) - Jesseca Liu
Soul Old Yet So Young (心裡住著老靈魂) - He Yingying
My Mini-me and Me (很久以後的未來) - Meixin
Key Witness (關鍵證人) - Denise Camilla Tan, Sheryl Ang
The Heartland Helo (鄰里幫) - Paige Chua
The Peculiar Pawnbroker (人心鑒定師) - Carrie Wong
Live Your Dreams (大大的夢想) - Shelia Sim, Tasha Low

Best Actor

Recipe of Life (味之道) - Shaun Chen 

Mister Flower (花花公子) - Elvin Ng 
Watch Out! Alexius (小心啊!謝宇航) - Zhang Yao Dong
My Star Bride (過江新娘) - Xu Bin
CTRL (操控) - Desmond Tan
Mind Jumper (觸心罪探) - James Seah
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Ghost (臥虎藏鬼) - Jeremy Chan
Soul Old Yet So Young (心裡住著老靈魂) - Romeo Tan
My Mini-me and Me (很久以後的未來) - Xu Bin
Key Witness (關鍵證人) - Desmond Tan
The Heartland Helo (鄰里幫) - Elvin Ng
The Peculiar Pawnbroker (人心鑒定師) - Li Nanxing, Romeo Tan
Live Your Dreams (大大的夢想) - Qi Yuwu, Zhang Yao Dong
Edited by hsf

These are my shortlisted top 5 contenders in the respective categories based on the drama aired today. 

Best Actress
Recipe of Life (味之道) - Chen Liping
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Ghost (臥虎藏鬼) - Jesseca Liu >> predict to win 

Best Actor 

Recipe of Life (味之道) - Shaun Chen

My Star Bride (過江新娘) - Xu Bin
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Ghost (臥虎藏鬼) - Jeremy Chan >> predict to win 
Edited by hsf

On 8/29/2021 at 9:47 AM, hsf said:

Drama aired in 2021

味之道 - 黃碧仁、陳莉萍、陳漢瑋、陳泓宇、黃思恬、孫政
花花公子 - 瑞恩、黃俊雄、陳欣淇、包勛評、張鈞淯、洪凌
小心啊!謝宇航 - 林慧玲、張耀棟、蔡琦慧、徐鳴傑、洪麗婷、朱哲偉
過江新娘 - 黃暄婷、徐彬、吳勁威、曾曉晴
操控 - 陳泂江、雅慧、許瑞奇、陳楚寰
觸心罪探 - 白薇秀、謝俊峰、郭坤耀、張耀棟、美心
臥虎藏鬼 - 劉子絢、田銘耀、宗子傑、羅美儀
心裡住著老靈魂 - 陳羅密歐、何盈瑩、包勛評、蔡琦慧、張耀棟、洪凌
很久以後的未來 - 徐彬、徐鳴杰、美心、姚懿珊
關鍵證人 - 陳泂江、陳楚寰、洪麗婷、張哲通、郑各评
鄰里幫 - 黃俊雄、蔡琦慧、周初明、王祿江、賴怡伶、羅美儀、方偉傑
(特別演出:鄭惠玉、瑞恩、徐彬、黄暄婷)

人心鑒定師 - 李南星、陳羅密歐、黃思恬,陈丽贞
大大的夢想 - 劉怡伶、戚玉武、張耀棟、沈琳宸、黃暄婷、黃晶玲

肃战肃决 - 陈泂江、刘子绚、张哲通、洪凌、阳光可乐、陈政序、徐鸣杰
21点灵 - 陈凤玲、陈泓宇、黄暄婷、黄炯耀
别来无恙 - 雅慧、孙政、林明伦、黄嫊方、宗子杰、芳榕
守护星 - 陈楚寰, 陈罗密欧
爸,我回来了 - 雅慧
哇到宝 - 徐彬、刘怡玲、王昱清
亲家,冤家做头家 - 李南星、陈丽贞、洪慧芳、陈澍城、曾晓晴、陈罗密欧

Would you please mind translating to English? 

Drama aired in 2021

Recipe of Life (味之道) - Huang Biren, Chen Liping、Chen Han Wei, Shaun Chen, Carrie Wong, Ayden Sng
Mister Flower (花花公子) - Rui En, Elvin Ng, Julie Tan, Shane Pow, Nick Teo, Hong Ling
Watch Out! Alexius (小心啊!謝宇航) - Rebecca Lim, Zhang Yao Dong, Paige Chua, Xu Ming Jie, Sheryl Ang, Joel Choo
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Ghost (臥虎藏鬼) - Jesseca Liu, Jeremy Chan, Bonnie Loo, Dong Zijie
Soul Old Yet So Young (心裡住著老靈魂) - Romeo Tan, He Yingying, Shane Pow, Paige Chua, Zhang Yao Dong, Hong Ling 
The Heartland Helo (鄰里幫) - Elvin Ng, Paige Chua, Chew Chor Meng, Bryan Wong, Vivian Lai, Bonnie Loo, Ian Fang (Guest appearance: Zoe Tay, Rui En,  Xu Bin, Chantelle Ng)

The Peculiar Pawnbroker (人心鑒定師) - Li Nanxing, Romeo Tan, Carrie Wong, Aileen Tan
Live Your Dreams (大大的夢想) - Qi Yuwu, Shelia Sim, Tasha Low, Zhang Yao Dong, Ferlyn G, Chantelle Ng 

The Takedown (肃战肃决) - Desmond Tan, Jesseca Liu, Zhang Ze Tong, Hong Ling, Yang Guang Ke Le, Benjamin Tan, Xu Ming Jie 
Leave No Soul Behind (21点灵) - Felicia Chin, Shaun Chen, Chantelle Ng, Brandon Wong 
Truths About Us (别来无恙) - Ya Hui, Ayden Sng, Darren Lim, Lina Ng, Zing Zijie, Fang Rong 
爸,我回来了 - Ya Hui
Edited by hsf

On 8/29/2021 at 11:54 AM, hsf said:

Drama aired in 2021

爸,我回来了 - Ya Hui

Thank you! 

Guest tom harry
On 8/29/2021 at 10:51 AM, Guest Guest said:

Not many projects (almost zero) for 惠玉 in 2022? 😱

Merde Shit GIF - Merde Shit Poop GIFs

Box office and TV ratings poison , perhaps ?

Mediacorp was supposed to be a co-produced a romantic drama with Spackman group from Korea but it did not happened. Not sure if it was due to covid that put everything on hold. 

The 20-episode drama, with the working title Equity of Love, will be set against "the alluring luxury hospitality and fast-paced financial landscapes of Singapore", said the two media giants in a joint release on Tuesday (Apr 23).

Production is expected to start this year and the drama is slated for telecast in the second half of 2020. "Viewers will be serenaded with both Korean and Mandarin soundtracks specially composed for the series. The cast line-up shall be announced soon in due course," said the release.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/business/mediacorp-spackman-entertainment-group-co-produce-romantic-drama-888131

Edited by hsf

Drama aired in 2021

爸,我回来了 - Ya Hui

so many to catchup for me... 

Guest boiboi
On 8/29/2021 at 10:51 AM, Guest Guest said:

Not many projects (almost zero) for 惠玉 in 2022? 😱

ah jie contract with mediacorp now is one year one drama...

ah jie different... got status so dont need to work so much... haha...

On 8/30/2021 at 12:03 PM, Guest boiboi said:

ah jie contract with mediacorp now is one year one drama...

ah jie different... got status so dont need to work so much... haha...

It was so funny how she played the third party slut Zhou Weiyun in Dream Makers, got slapped by Le Yao lol.

Guest 裸蜜欧

Drama aired in 2021

爸,我回来了 - Ya Hui

Romeo got so many dramas but while his boy boy toy bear got none. Frankly 裸蜜欧acts better than toy bear. 😱

On 8/30/2021 at 12:22 PM, Guest Guest said:

It was so funny how she played the third party slut Zhou Weiyun in Dream Makers, got slapped by Le Yao lol.

You lagged by a few years is it

On 8/30/2021 at 7:01 PM, Guest Guest said:

You lagged by a few years is it

Lol,she’s not tired typing the same text again and again since this thread started in 2007

On 8/30/2021 at 7:14 PM, Guest Yawn said:

Lol,she’s not tired typing the same text again and again since this thread started in 2007

Shut your bitchy cheebye mouth, lackey!

On 8/29/2021 at 10:04 AM, hsf said:
These are my shortlisted top 5 contenders in the respective categories based on the drama aired today. 

Best Actress
Recipe of Life (味之道) - Chen Liping
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Ghost (臥虎藏鬼) - Jesseca Liu >> predict to win 

Best Actor 

Recipe of Life (味之道) - Shaun Chen

My Star Bride (過江新娘) - Xu Bin
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Ghost (臥虎藏鬼) - Jeremy Chan >> predict to win 

my take on “best 5” will be as follow.

my favourite pick indicated with an *

(i know it is unlikely to happen la, but i based it on their performance merit and wowed factor)

Best Actress

My Star Bride (過江新娘) - Chantelle Ng *
My Mini-me and Me (很久以後的未來) - Meixin
Key Witness (關鍵證人) - Sheryl Ang

Best Actor

Watch Out! Alexius (小心啊!謝宇航) - Zhang Yao Dong
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Ghost (臥虎藏鬼) - Jeremy Chan
Soul Old Yet So Young (心裡住著老靈魂) - Romeo Tan *
My Mini-me and Me (很久以後的未來) - Xu Bin

On 8/24/2021 at 9:16 PM, Guest guest said:

The male finalist from the star search doesn't seems to be given many exposure or good acting role, even for zhang ze tong.

The guys from star search 2019 really cmi so far. All given lame roles like tyler, zhai simin, zane lim. their roles can be taken off and it wont even affect the drama much. the second runner up herman is like a clown. zhang zetong has not been outstanding abit and can be easily forgettable.

The ladies on the other hand have been given more opportunities and have performed better. sheryl ang and zeng xiao qing have performed well so far and that juin teh has been given a fair bit of hosting opportunities.

On 8/31/2021 at 11:02 AM, bigdanbeam said:

Very cringy. He made zeng shimei look bad

his role is quite redundant, not contributing much to the storyline. i cringe a bit whenever he do the 'sweet' smile to jiejie priscilla. they will just end up together, drowning bowls of sesame paste over soccer matches.

On 9/1/2021 at 10:30 PM, Dreamz80 said:

Anyone watched the new 730pm show- the heartland hero - 邻里帮?  Seems quite nice. 1st episode already so irony to see Shane pow coming out from prison!? 

I wonder when will James seah replaced him in the show? 

Soon as the series progresses. 130 episodes leh. 

On 9/1/2021 at 10:45 PM, Zealouslogue said:

Soon as the series progresses. 130 episodes leh. 

i find the 7.30pm drama ok, nothing fantastic, cast delivered their standard. the plot also seems like it will be far better than the previous one by CLP and HBR. but i feel it will just end up being a 雷声大雨点小 (overrated) drama. but my expectation for 7.30pm slot is lower.

i just find it weird that they decided to replace pow midway instead of re-filming those 30/130 30min episodes. HK TVB re-filmed the entire drama after a female lead was caught to had an affair with Andy Hui. i feel it is more like a free marketing gimmicks to rah rah more attention. anyway, this is not the first time mdc replaced a character. they did it for "Don't Worry Be Happy" when qyf was charged and fired.

Guest Tylers Nipples
On 9/2/2021 at 6:49 AM, bigdanbeam said:

Quan yifeng was replaced when a new series started, not midway through i think. Anyway there were 3 actresses who played that same character in the whole series.

The 7.30 pm show. Was looking forward but sort of bored when i see elvin and rui en. Must wait for james seah 🤭 Chew chor meng lost so much weight!

你讲 season 是吗

几激心哦 change so many times 

Other than Quan and Ann Poh..who was the other one who played her?

Seems to be the least popular and remembeted hahahah

On 9/2/2021 at 12:50 PM, Guest Tylers Nipples said:

你讲 season 是吗

几激心哦 change so many times 

Other than Quan and Ann Poh..who was the other one who played her?

Seems to be the least popular and remembeted hahahah

Melody? 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

• IkuTube changed the title to Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.