Male HQ

Why there are some people dont give us some empathy?

Guest sadistic

Guest sadistic

I am just so sad seeing so much hate and discrimination to stand for 377A. I dont understand why do they hate us gay this much. We are just seeking repeal to validate our relationship with our partners right and also to stop ridicules us being gay, aids carriers, being classified abnormal right? Although, I hate the fact that there are few gays out there that really put us in shame. I think gay community deserve to seek comfort with their partner. BTO HDB and inheritance like CPF can also be an option to give to partner or to immediate families. It is very sad if my partner cannot be the recipient to inherit my wealth if I were to pass on one day. I hope to see repeal and hopefully able to come out of closet without being judge or seen differently. 

I think you need to differentiate the fact that repealing S377A only makes us not criminals when we have consensual sex with another man. It does not validate nor recognize same sex relationships, and neither does it stop homophobes and bigots from ridiculing us for our orientation/aids carriers/abnormal classification.

If you want the state to recognize your relationship with your partner then you'll need to lobby for same sex marriages or unions to be made legal... but that day probably lies quite some time away given how the law minister has very recently said the government is looking at "how to safeguard current legal position on marriage" - link here: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/377a-government-looking-how-safeguard-legal-position-marriage-k-shanmugam-2846946

It's also untrue that your partner cannot be the recipient to inherit whatever you've amassed during this lifetime. Do up a proper will, make the nominations in your CPF, and your partner can still inherit whatever you want him to.

Guest Guest

That's why for those people who hate us gays, esp straight guys, I always wish that their own children will turn out gay, or they themselves come back as a persecuted gay in a future lifetime.

That will be their just punishment.

Guest Roger
On 7/30/2022 at 10:08 PM, Guest sadistic said:

I am just so sad seeing so much hate and discrimination to stand for 377A. I dont understand why do they hate us gay this much. We are just seeking repeal to validate our relationship with our partners right and also to stop ridicules us being gay, aids carriers, being classified abnormal right? Although, I hate the fact that there are few gays out there that really put us in shame. I think gay community deserve to seek comfort with their partner. BTO HDB and inheritance like CPF can also be an option to give to partner or to immediate families. It is very sad if my partner cannot be the recipient to inherit my wealth if I were to pass on one day. I hope to see repeal and hopefully able to come out of closet without being judge or seen differently. 

May I ask how old are you ?? 

Your posting has alots of inaccurate information shared ! 

Who said CPF cannot be bequeathed by your partner ??  - I did and he is foreigner 
Who said your HDB cannot be bequeathed to your partner,  If it is pte property lagi ez  - I did he is foreigner 

My late father is an unedu man, but he does has a few wise words.  Hope it enlighten you. 

1.  If you sit around counting idiots and scumbags , u r wasting your time.  It will never be done (example idiots go ard scratches cars or stepdad molested their 

2. Please know your limit and worried abt things that ONLY concern you.  Life is easier this way for you not others.  That said, 377A is not within your ability , let those able to do it.  If u shd concentrate getting your facts and inheritance right 

If only majority of ppl focus on point 2 , I am sure there will be MORE peace in the society 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.