Male HQ

Places to be mindful of when dining out

Guest ffffffff

Guest ffffffff

Kopitiam @ Blk 450 Clementi (near Grantral Mall)

1) Drinks Stall

I wanted to top up the Kopitiam card and needed to break a $50 note. Woman refused to change money, saying someone needs to buy something before she can open cash register. Hello, I also did cashiering before. There's a button to press to open the cash register. This middle age woman also like to raise her voice at people.

The drinks are very bland. The kopi and teh c lacked sweetness, like they stinged on condensed milk.

2) 2 Thumbs Up Curry Rice 

Well, the food is good and the queue is long. Business is way too good that they can pause deliberately, do other unimpportant things instead of serving customers' orders. Stall owners take note, the queues can also stop forming.

iBread @ clementi

I enquired about the coffee buns on offer. The auntie replied rudely :"go walk around in shopping mall and come back in an hour."

Sure, I'll just walk away and buy at other places. You can eat your own cakes and yourself.

May your business go belly up.

Malay food @ 328 Food House #01-220 clementi Ave 2

Aiyoh, get orders wrong, super slow and ... no change for $10 on two occasions. No initiative to change money with neighboring stall. Customer must suggest.

Doing business is clearly not a priority.

Guest ffffffff

Another one to be mindful about is the mee pok stall at Blk 325 Clementi Avenue 5
#01-129 coffeeshop called Chuam Seng Coffeeshop.

We ordered two mee kia and two mee pok. All dry. Guess what was so amazing? The noodles are glued together in a ball. So when yoiu use your chopsticks, you lift up the entire ball of noodles! It's not even takeaway. It was dine in, fresh from the hot water. So fella forgot to add something so that the noodles are unstuck?

Other mee pok will give you the right amount of "dryness". Each strand can be separated and it is nicely flavoured.

I also hate those who put too much water in dry noodles. Making the noodles neither here nor there.

Guest ffffffff

Coffeeshop at Blk 352 Clementi Ave 2

Economy Rice

Asked what type of chicken dish, the tall fat bespectacled guy replied in a kwai lan fashion :"dead chicken lor!"

Some other stalls are also unfriendly, not keen to do business type.

Zi char stall takes super long. Had to cancel on them. Auntie not happy to refund. What to do, I have my threshold. I cannot wait half an hour just for chopsticks and light soya sauce to arrive.

And the China girl who takes orders for drinks - once you've ordered, she'll scream very loudly your order across the coffeeshop, piercing your eardrums.

Hawker Center at 353 Clementi Ave 2

Just be careful when buying at the fish soup cum mee pok stall. The skinny auntie can miscalculate the total amoount.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ffffffff

Hua Zai Hong Kong Roasted Meat 华仔港式烧腊饭面

325 #01-155 Clementi Ave 5 Kimly, Singapore 120325

I ordered wantan noodles soup takeaway. And what did they give me?

When you buy roast meat rice for dine in, they offer a bowl of soup with old cucumber boiled with chicken bones.

They poured these soup over the noodles with cucumber and chicken bones and packed it for me. Asked me for exact change and then dilly dally by opening the tubes of coins.

It's only when I remarked why did they ask me for exact change when they have coins, they then say bu hao yi si.

Anyway I discovered that they gave me something I didn't order, demanded a refund and got them pour their nonsense concoction away.

There was another char siew rice at another block who also gave customers attitude and then say bu hao yi si. They have since chap lap, closed down.

Minus 100 points.

Guest ffffffff

Hua Zai Hong Kong Style Roasted Delight

442 Clementi Ave 3

The $2.50 wanton mee sounds very worth it right?

But the wanton is just skin pressed together, no minced meat inside.

If they want to be so insincere, it's best not to offer and turn customers off.

And got that loud mouth auntie.

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.