Male HQ

The Little Things That Annoy Us

Guest maxdan890

I get very impatient when at my regular Starbucks, the person, typically female, takes a while to decide what to order and asks plenty of questions about the order, then changes her mind. Finally, when she is ready to pay, she fumbles through her bag for her wallet, before locating her credit card to pay. At times, I just want to yell at her, "It is just Starbucks for fucks sake, not an all-you-can-eat buffet."  Once, I got so impatient, that I offered to pay for a stranger's order so that I can get out faster. She accepted my offer, but later, my barista just comp me my order instead :) 

Love. 

On 8/16/2022 at 1:23 PM, doncoin said:

I get very impatient when at my regular Starbucks, the person, typically female, takes a while to decide what to order and asks plenty of questions about the order, then changes her mind. Finally, when she is ready to pay, she fumbles through her bag for her wallet, before locating her credit card to pay. At times, I just want to yell at her, "It is just Starbucks for fucks sake, not an all-you-can-eat buffet."  Once, I got so impatient, that I offered to pay for a stranger's order so that I can get out faster. She accepted my offer, but later, my barista just comp me my order instead :) 

Yes, this is one of the costs of drinking overpriced coffee...

Guest InSiam
On 8/17/2022 at 3:00 AM, Steve5380 said:

I must be getting old, but I am running out of little things that annoy me.

The little things are still there,  the annoyances are what I am missing!  

Your comments are one of the little things that most people here that annoy them

On 8/16/2022 at 2:03 PM, Guest InSiam said:

Your comments are one of the little things that most people here that annoy them

"that annoy them"?    They should feel responsible for getting annoyed.  This is under THEIR control.

Guest Try and see
On 8/17/2022 at 2:23 AM, doncoin said:

Yeah, I totally feel you. 

Us guys will decide what we want while we are queuing. Girls will only start thinking about what they want when the cashier asks them 🤦‍♂️

And then they will take forever to pay because their coin purse would be inside a bigger purse, inside their handbag, which is inside their backpack. Just kidding, but you know what I mean 🤣

Also, wow! What a shameless bitch that girl was, to actually accept your offer to pay for her drink! She didn't even get the hint at all 🤦‍♂️

Guest Try and see
On 8/16/2022 at 1:16 PM, Leftright88 said:

dragging the slippers ugh

For me, it's when people, deliberately or otherwise, make their sneakers squeak when they walk.

A genuinely good paid of sneakers will not squeak when you walk.

Only cheap sneakers make that sound.

Guest Try and see
On 8/16/2022 at 4:48 PM, shyc said:

The grumpy Uncle who used his umbrella to swap behind his cinema seat just because my long legs hit his back-rest while watching RA movie 😱😜😂 

You were probably distracting him while he was trying to jerk off to the movie 🤣

Guest Try and see
On 8/17/2022 at 11:09 AM, Guest Try and see said:

A genuinely good paid of sneakers will not squeak when you walk.

Only cheap sneakers make that sound.

good pair, I mean

• 11 months later...
Guest Giraffe

People blasting their phones while watching videos in bus, mrt etc. Mostly uncles do this. I'll tell them loudly to lower the volume or use earphones. 

Guest Justme377

Has anybody been annoyed or jumped at people's phones dropping on the busses and trains? That sudden muffled thump that jerks you outta any reverie, be it sleep or contemplation, or simply at the wrong moment when you're having an argument with your partner on the phone.

Guest Tah Boleh Tahan
15 hours ago, Baredom said:

People using the lift to move either up or down ONE floor in a high rise building.

People frequently use elevators in tall office buildings to go one floor up or down.  I once attempted to use the stairs since I thought they would be quicker, but I ended up imprisoned inside because the door automatically locked and could not be unlocked from the inside. 

Though his residence was only a few stair steps away, I was perplexed to see a physically healthy person waited for a long time to take the HDB lift to the second level.  

Guest CCB People
9 hours ago, Guest Justme377 said:

Has anybody been annoyed or jumped at people's phones dropping on the busses and trains? That sudden muffled thump that jerks you outta any reverie, be it sleep or contemplation, or simply at the wrong moment when you're having an argument with your partner on the phone.

Yaaahh, can truly give you a fright of a lifetime especially after watching a ghost movie and you took the bus home. .

Guest Small = Big = Deadly
23 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

To get annoyed by little things comes with the blessing of not having BIG things that annoy.  :) 

Little bite from tiny mosquito can caused life threatening epidemic.   Don't underestimate little things.

Guest What?!!!
4 hours ago, dboy84 said:

Cutting food on ceramic plate using fork and spoon. That “squeaking” sound made compels me to throw my punch on that person 

I can forgive those eating steak served on ceramic plate.  It is not their choice.  However, I find it very irritating when a person eat croissant or sandwich with fork and knife in public. 

Guest Guccilah

People who wear earphones and turn volume so loudly on trains, do you know you're blocking people's way and you don't respond when we say "excuse me" for you to give way? You become deaf and don't respond and in your own world. In the end we've to use finger to tap you so we can alight. There won't be a need for physical touch if you lower your earphone volume, be more alert and not stand there like a wooden block.

(1) Free range kids that are allowed by their nonchalant parents to continuously scream (for god knows what reason) in public places. (Some did it just to test the echo effect of a lofty foodcourt for example) 

(2) PDA couples (lost in their mutual eternal stare into each other’s eyes) unwilling to move into the middle of the mrt cabin during peak hours. 

(3) Able-bodied elderly demanding the priority seat in the mrt when are a few more empty seats just 2m away. (Like why? There are empty seats !)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.