Male HQ

Live And Breathe Coffee

TTS

I am the guy described by all my friends as 'one who live coffee'. Yes, I admit, I cannot live without it, and getting a good cuppa is more important than good sex. Just want to know if there are any other coffee enthusiast in this forum who live and breathe coffee like myself. Will be glad to hook up new acquaintances and go sipping around the island...

Procrastination... The biggest mental vacation one can have.

I am the guy described by all my friends as 'one who live coffee'. Yes, I admit, I cannot live without it, and getting a good cuppa is more important than good sex. Just want to know if there are any other coffee enthusiast in this forum who live and breathe coffee like myself. Will be glad to hook up new acquaintances and go sipping around the island...

You like all types? The traditional Kopi different from those Ang Mo ones. Last time I only drink the former. One day I decided to buy those coffee powder from supermart! .At first I thot the powder will dissolve in water and the whole thing will be as black as Kopi. In the end it didn't. The colour is brownish instead. I still thot must eat the powder! haha!

Anyway, in the end I bought sieve to filter out the powder.

Which type you like and why? I like Kopi for the colour and sometimes the auroma, I like Ang Mo coffee for the sourness (not all have sour taste lah).

Then I saw the White Coffee, thot it is white in colour and could be quite interesting. Make liao - same same - black colour one.

You like all types? The traditional Kopi different from those Ang Mo ones. Last time I only drink the former. One day I decided to buy those coffee powder from supermart! .At first I thot the powder will dissolve in water and the whole thing will be as black as Kopi. In the end it didn't. The colour is brownish instead. I still thot must eat the powder! haha!

Anyway, in the end I bought sieve to filter out the powder.

Which type you like and why? I like Kopi for the colour and sometimes the auroma, I like Ang Mo coffee for the sourness (not all have sour taste lah).

Then I saw the White Coffee, thot it is white in colour and could be quite interesting. Make liao - same same - black colour one.

traditional coffee is very black in color coz they are roasted with sugar. if u feel the whole bean, it is sticky and this is not healthy as the sugar is burnt to give that black color and smokey taste.

the ah moh beans are simply roasted w/o adding any stuff...so the texture and color u get is not the same as the kopithiam.

Guest - Oracle -

If you like robust coffee to perk you in the AM, try to go to FairPrice to get "Gold Kili's ESSPRESSINO"

It doesnt have any added sugar and has a slightly bitter after-taste. Very reasonably priced too. $4.95 for approx 20 sachets.

Ona side note, try to go Liang Ct (Level 2) to try their VIETNAMNESE COFFEE.

Some mayt not really like it as it's very thick and bitter.

Dotn be surprised with the small serving as its the standard for ALL viet cuppa

I'm a big coffee fan. To the extent I bought coffee bean, grinder, Moka pot (stove-top espresso maker), and brewed the coffee myself. But still hasn't been successful to get a nice cuppa. Anyone using it and can give tips?

Where do you find good cup of coffee in Sg? Personally think coffeeclub, starbucks, spinelli etc are like coffee-flavored milk syrup. quite terrible and sinful lol

I'm a big coffee fan. To the extent I bought coffee bean, grinder, Moka pot (stove-top espresso maker), and brewed the coffee myself. But still hasn't been successful to get a nice cuppa. Anyone using it and can give tips?

Where do you find good cup of coffee in Sg? Personally think coffeeclub, starbucks, spinelli etc are like coffee-flavored milk syrup. quite terrible and sinful lol

Have you been to the bigger departmental stores like Tangs and Takashimaya?

These stores have several models of coffee making machines and my ex-bf is an addict of the Delonghi Expresso Maker.

He cannot leaves home without a tiny cup of coffee... to him, coffee should be bitter and please, no sugar no milk!

I on the other hand, had quitted coffee because it got too expensive. Just drink plain boiled water nowadays. Once in a while, I will throw in some chinese tea leaves to perk up the aroma.

i love coffee too, but have been restricting myself to not more than 2 cups per day. not sure if drinking coffee too regularly will result in an addiction or any side effects.

does anyone have any good brands of decaf coffee to recommend? tried nescafe, it tastes too sour.

Spinelli's addict here.

Their French blend is my favourite followed by the rest of the blends. The french blend is the most aromatic and least acidic.

Minimum of 1 cuppa a day. Sometimes 2-3 if I am not working.

I only drink double shots lattés.

Edited by busted79

• 2 weeks later...
Guest - Oracle -

I am recently into coffee drinking and appreciation.

Well, I must confess that having patronised so many coffee bars, nothing beats Starbucks.

As I have a French Press at home, I purchased beans from Starbucks.

The beans are not very fresh as I can understand that the purchase voulme is quite low and not many ple buy fro the stores. Unlike Ang Moh countries, Sporeans tend to drink coffee only when shopping or working.

Few people will spend money to invest in machines and beans.

However, I uncovered a fabulous cofgfee drinking place in Outram Park MRT.

Its opened by a team of serious coffee drinkers (they're brothers actually) called "HIGHLANDER Coffee Bar".

Besides doing coffeefor us, they also seel wonderfully fragrant beans grounded to your liking. They roast the beans in the store and grind them for you.

Very very good service.

http://www.highlandercoffee.com/

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.