Male HQ

Does aromatherapy really help to reduce stress and sleep better?

Guest Whywhy

Guest Sniffer

It helps stimulate your sense and keep you wide awake. It must be used properly, not too strong but subtle. There is no clear therapeutic value. It helps clear smelly environment to prevent u from getting sick and agitated.  My favorite for flora is lavender followed by rose. Apple for fruit followed by berry.  All other scents too strong for my liking. Any more question?

Yes. 

Norm is lavender (most popular) Be it massage or apply it to yourself or even candle. 

Nowadays all kinds you can get online or any physical stores. 

And try to get out of home to reduce stress...be it walking to mall or etc...swim gym...walk your dog...eat out instead home...

MY favorite aromatherapy is clean air without any scent.  This keeps me stress-free.

I try to breathe through my nose as much as possible,  even while exercising in the gym.  At night I make sure that I breathe through the nose by putting tape over my lips.  Fortunately...  I have a large nose.  :)  

Guest wahahahahaha
On 10/3/2022 at 6:07 AM, Steve5380 said:

At night I make sure that I breathe through the nose by putting tape over my lips.  Fortunately...  I have a large nose.  :)  

I didn't know you slept with your mouth wide opened and has to be taped to keep it shut...wahahahaha

On 10/3/2022 at 6:51 AM, Guest wahahahahaha said:

I didn't know you slept with your mouth wide opened and has to be taped to keep it shut...wahahahaha

I don't know either if I sleep with my mouth wide open,  since I am asleep,  wahahahaha.

But I may wake up with my mouth dry, sign that I breathe through the mouth,  and this is not good for my teeth.  So, by taping my lips shut my jaw can still relax but I have to breathe through the nose.   Also, if I would sleep with my lover on my side,  he would not have to hear my snoring,  another advantage.

Guest Not so sure
On 10/4/2022 at 12:00 AM, Steve5380 said:

But I may wake up with my mouth dry, sign that I breathe through the mouth,  So, by taping my lips shut my jaw can still relax but I have to breathe through the nose. 

Normal people do not get dehydrated so easily, when they sleep (mouth closed or opened), unless something is wrong with their diet or due to excessive fasting.  NORMAL people should wait up still feeling their lip moist.   It is creepy to wake up and see someone with a duct-taped over their mouth, as if he was being demonised or what.

Should we pray imprecatory prayers? – Aaron Armstrong

Guest So Suffocating
On 10/4/2022 at 12:00 AM, Steve5380 said:

So, by taping my lips shut my jaw can still relax but I have to breathe through the nose. 

Are you still believing in certain folklores about somone will still your breath during sleeping?  Is that the reason you tape your mouth?   If so, aroma scent may help to distract, repel those dark force and make your dwelling sensitive to their presence.  You can safely take your tape away and BREATH EASY.

On 10/3/2022 at 12:01 AM, Guest Whywhy said:

Which scent, how much, where to buy?

No MLM pls.

U stupid or lazy or both !  Dont know what is called Google ah ?? 

Find the shop go to it, the sale person will give u full explanation 

On 10/3/2022 at 9:25 PM, Guest So Suffocating said:

Are you still believing in certain folklores about somone will still your breath during sleeping?  Is that the reason you tape your mouth?   If so, aroma scent may help to distract, repel those dark force and make your dwelling sensitive to their presence.  You can safely take your tape away and BREATH EASY.

Interesting.  I can still do aromatherapy with my mouth taped shut,  but I could not do it if instead of the mouth,  I tape my nose shut. 

On 10/3/2022 at 9:19 PM, Guest Not so sure said:

Normal people do not get dehydrated so easily, when they sleep (mouth closed or opened), unless something is wrong with their diet or due to excessive fasting.  NORMAL people should wait up still feeling their lip moist.   It is creepy to wake up and see someone with a duct-taped over their mouth, as if he was being demonised or what.

Should we pray imprecatory prayers? – Aaron Armstrong

You must be too young to know that when we age, production of saliva is reduced without being dehydrated.  We notice this not only by getting a dry mouth by breathing through it, but also by difficulty swallowing certain foods,  having to help it with sips of water.

Guest Take Care
On 10/4/2022 at 8:18 PM, Steve5380 said:

when we age, production of saliva is reduced without being dehydrated. , but also by difficulty swallowing certain foods

Sorry to hear your predicament.  Hope you eat slowly, chew your foods thoroughly, avoid tough meat and  large slippery food.  Many elderly choke on foods unthinkingly and suffocated.  You belongs to risky type. 

On 10/4/2022 at 9:36 AM, Guest Take Care said:

Sorry to hear your predicament.  Hope you eat slowly, chew your foods thoroughly, avoid tough meat and  large slippery food.  Many elderly choke on foods unthinkingly and suffocated.  You belongs to risky type. 

Thanks for your concern.  It is not a big problem with me,  but I'm glad that readers take notice, since we all want to be old one day.  ( have a look in my thread "for gays who will be seniors one day" )

Guest NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On 10/4/2022 at 10:49 PM, Steve5380 said:

since we all want to be old one day. 

NO!! NO!!! NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I want to stay young forever, or at least look young forever. 

On 10/3/2022 at 12:01 AM, Guest Whywhy said:

Which scent, how much, where to buy?

No MLM pls.

Hi, Would like to share a few pointers when you decide to use essential oils for their therapeutic properties:

1) Need to ensure that they are not adulterated. Adulterated essential oils lack the chemical constituents that are desirable for their therapeutic effects.

2) For improving your sleep, you can consider the following EO (list is not exhaustive) that are known for their “sedative” property that helps to relax your mind. However, as advised by a brother here, lifestyle adjustment may be required as sometimes they might be the  cause of your insomnia or sleep issue. In addition, you also need to know which scent appeals to you  as certain scent might put you off and that is not going to work as well. So try to smell them first before deciding. 

a) Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender)(floral scent)

b) Matricaria recutita (German chamomile)(floral scent)

c) Anthemis nobilis (Roman chamomile)(floral scent)

d) Citrus aurantium var. Amara (Neroli)(floral scent)

e) Citrus sinensis (sweet orange)(citrus scent)

3) For stress related symptoms, you can consider the following:

a) Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender)(floral scent)

b) Matricaria recutita (German chamomile)(floral scent)

c).Boswellia carterii (Frankincense)(woody scent)

d) Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium)(floral scent, smells like rose)

e) Cymbopogon citratus (Lemongrass)(grassy, citrus scent)

4) Method of application 

a) run on a diffuser (can be those ultrasonic diffuser) at night before sleep

b) inhaler (soak the inhaling  wick stick into the oil and fix it into the inhaler stick)

c) Dilute the oil(s) with massage oil and apply via a body massage. 

NB: Aromatherapy may or may not work for you so it’s a matter of trying it out.

Be cool, like a breeze...

On 10/6/2022 at 8:25 PM, Coolbriz said:

Hi, Would like to share a few pointers when you decide to use essential oils for their therapeutic properties:

1) Need to ensure that they are not adulterated. Adulterated essential oils lack the chemical constituents that are desirable for their therapeutic effects.

2) For improving your sleep, you can consider the following EO (list is not exhaustive) that are known for their “sedative” property that helps to relax your mind. However, as advised by a brother here, lifestyle adjustment may be required as sometimes they might be the  cause of your insomnia or sleep issue. In addition, you also need to know which scent appeals to you  as certain scent might put you off and that is not going to work as well. So try to smell them first before deciding. 

a) Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender)(floral scent)

b) Matricaria recutita (German chamomile)(floral scent)

c) Anthemis nobilis (Roman chamomile)(floral scent)

d) Citrus aurantium var. Amara (Neroli)(floral scent)

e) Citrus sinensis (sweet orange)(citrus scent)

3) For stress related symptoms, you can consider the following:

a) Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender)(floral scent)

b) Matricaria recutita (German chamomile)(floral scent)

c).Boswellia carterii (Frankincense)(woody scent)

d) Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium)(floral scent, smells like rose)

e) Cymbopogon citratus (Lemongrass)(grassy, citrus scent)

4) Method of application 

a) run on a diffuser (can be those ultrasonic diffuser) at night before sleep

b) inhaler (soak the inhaling  wick stick into the oil and fix it into the inhaler stick)

c) Dilute the oil(s) with massage oil and apply via a body massage. 

NB: Aromatherapy may or may not work for you so it’s a matter of trying it out.

Any recommendation where to buy?

Guest Don't be young forever
On 10/5/2022 at 9:55 PM, Guest NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said:

NO!! NO!!! NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I want to stay young forever, or at least look young forever. 

Unless you are a total moron,  you must know perfectly well that we don't live forever.   You want to be young for 1000 years and then die suddenly?   Big mistake.

The experience of old age is as valuable if not more than the experience of young life.  So try to live young for 970 years and leave the last 30 years to get old.  This will be a well rounded-off life.

On 10/5/2022 at 9:55 PM, Guest NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said:

Where is the problem?   If you are smart,  you can one day BE old but STAY young.  It's mostly up to you. :) 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.