Male HQ

World Cup - Soccer - 2022 (Compiled)

singalion

9 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Since when have you become a master tactician in the game of soccer?   Now you are after Messi too?  Are you eating caustic soda?

He is THE GREATEST together with other GREATEST.  There is nothing absolute with us humans. 

I was a child when I thought that the violinist Jascha Heifetz was THE GREATEST,  pianist Arthur Rubinstein was THE GREATEST,  cellist Pablo Casals was THE GREATEST, orchestra director Arturo Toscanini was THE GREATEST,  etc. etc.

After childhood and now with more experience, I realize that there are multitudes of superlatives.  What I still have to find is the superlative of superlatives.

Was I negative on Messi?

I analysed the shift in role of Messi at the World Cup 2022. 

And yes, my 25th degree is soccer coaching, forgot to mention in my alternative bio...

Edited by singalion

1 hour ago, singalion said:

Was I negative on Messi?

I analysed the shift in role of Messi at the World Cup 2022. 

And yes, my 25th degree is soccer coaching, forgot to mention in my alternative bio...

I watched again parts of Sunday's match,  which I have recorded.  It was a beautiful match, worth of being the best final of a world cup.  I didn't find anything to object, neither the playing of Messi or that of he Argentine team, nor any irregularity by the goal keeper Martinez.  At the end, the four penalty shots by the Argentinians were great, especially the last one by Gonzalo Montiel which defined the win.   If Messi did shift his role at the world cup,  he didn't shift his amazing effectivity.  All in all,  it was a world cup worth remembering.

I don't know about soccer coaching,  but indeed you seem critical to the 25th degree.   This is fine with me,  I enjoy your posts.

14 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Has STFU anything to do with TOFU?  What has raw fish to do in this thread?

Maybe the breath of the referee in the final was fishy?

Didn't you see that the players always went far away from him....

I put my point here, Steve did, that is a discussion, why is that having arguments... ?

If we all agree here, then the Forum would be boring...

1 minute ago, singalion said:

Maybe the breath of the referee in the final was fishy?

Didn't you see that the players always went far away from him....

I put my point here, Steve did, that is a discussion, why is that having arguments... ?

If we all agree here, then the Forum would be boring...

I agree with you that discussions can make the forum more interesting.

And now, to avoid agreements,  how can the breath of the referee be fishy?  Would this not disqualify him?   And after 90 minutes of intense playing,  would any player smell like roses?   And  would it not be the referee trying to stay away from the players who surely smell like rancid sweat.  Isn't this the reason a referee often gives players a yellow card or an expulsion when he cannot stand their smell?

1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

Has STFU anything to do with TOFU?  What has raw fish to do in this thread?

You are not welcome here and nobody likes you!

Do us a favour, stop posting and get outta here!

3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I agree with you that discussions can make the forum more interesting.

And now, to avoid agreements,  how can the breath of the referee be fishy?  Would this not disqualify him?   And after 90 minutes of intense playing,  would any player smell like roses?   And  would it not be the referee trying to stay away from the players who surely smell like rancid sweat.  Isn't this the reason a referee often gives players a yellow card or an expulsion when he cannot stand their smell?

I don't think FIFA does a breath test prior to any match.

Sure breath can be fishy, I mean smell fishy...same as referee decisions can be fishy..  just depends on the food intake or what other body objects a referee took into his mouth.

I assume your post fitted more to the Fetish thread when you were referring to the rancid sweat smell of players... For some here surely, the players would smell like roses...

It is like the post I did on the Pinoy guy who got raped in Qatar by the police, when someone replied that he got a hard on reading the story...

Regarding yellow cards there are exceptions in the past years. If players like Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi or Mbappe fall due to their own mishap without interference of any other player, they always get a free kick, but when the same players commit a foul, they never receive a yellow card...

It is a silent internal rule applied to potential Greatest of All Times aspirants...

😂

8 hours ago, singalion said:

Regarding yellow cards there are exceptions in the past years. If players like Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi or Mbappe fall due to their own mishap without interference of any other player, they always get a free kick, but when the same players commit a foul, they never receive a yellow card...

It is a silent internal rule applied to potential Greatest of All Times aspirants...

😂

This is life!  The Greatest always get favorable exceptions.   Look at the tons of favorable exceptions this Greatest... liar, cheater, deceiver, malevolent... Donald Trump got!

However, the Greatest are also human.  Both in triumph and defeat.   Here is a video that deals with this:

I cannot but feel sorry for Mbappe.   Although I am not sure I should be.  All these players in the World Cup have been extremely blessed already.

Yesterday I played back some videos I had recorded,  and saw again the images from Tuesday, a day my country declared a holiday.  I have never seen such a crowd there! There are estimates that over three million people congregated in the center of Buenos Aires around the Obelisk and surrounding streets. And it seems that this multitude was not only of fanatic soccer fans but also the regular habitants,  families with children, all convening in celebration.  A temporary insanity, a good food for the soul. :thumb:

And I have not seen any news of negative events happening during these celebrations.  No mentally deranged teenager tried to shoot at Messi, or something like that.  It seems that Argentina is safer than the US,  except for some petty crime.

On 12/21/2022 at 9:50 AM, Why? said:

China built numerous significant facilities in Qatar, without which this World Cup soccer match would not have been a success there.  Your human rights issue must have boxed you up, so tightly, that you knew so little about global issues and growth.

Lusail was a 50- 50 joint venture, and only stadium out of 9 where China was involved!!!

5 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I am pleased that Singapore gays learn to appreciate the dicks of Argentinians.  :) 

Im not sure about this, the twitter is not from spore and gays love dicks in general, such labeling is unnecessary.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.