Male HQ

Why didn't my boyfriend take a single picture on his vacation?

Guest L_m

I've been seeing my guy for about 6 months and we don't even have a single photo together. Over that six-month period, he went on vacations with his family (thats what he told me), and when I asked him to send me a few pictures from his trips, he said he doesn't like to take pictures, and his family knows about it, so they don't take pictures. Well, I understand and accept his point of view. Nonetheless, he has lately gone out with his buddies and has taken a group photo. When I asked him what he had when he went out with his buddy, he merely sent me an image of the menu from the internet. I didn't even ask him to show me a photo of himself with his pals; I just asked him what he had. It's at this point that my doubts about him have begun. He urged me to trust him, but it is difficult for me. Would appreciate it if you could provide some recommendations.

Guest Simplify

没那么简单,感情往往都是其中一人付出的比较多。你只好把它当成皇帝斥候,如果你想继续下去也只好把自己当成嫔妃。

Hmm not gonna lie, the best you can to is to talk to him about the insecurity you are feeling and hope for the better. With the intent to purposely hide or not it is a fact that you can’t accept the he is doing that. If he is just legit like that and you on the other hand just feel insecure about it, y’all are just not compatible.

Since he requested you to trust him, I believe you guys have discussed this issue more than ones. There must be something in you that attracted him (monetary or non-monetary), else he won’t have the extra time and effort to continue this relationship with you.

If you still wish to continue this relationship with him, there is nothing much you can do except to accept it.

If u can leave without him, trash it out.

If u cunt, swallow it down.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest shywhy

Maybe he is just not photogenic? Or camera shy? Perhaps, he is not ready to let people that you are his partner?

If not, he may be still testing water for this relationship with you. Yet to fully commit since only half a year together.

You two should be old enough to talk it out.

It may lead to trust issue in the future.

Thanks.

Guest Boyfriend
14 hours ago, Guest L_m said:

I've been seeing my guy for about 6 months and we don't even have a single photo together. Over that six-month period, he went on vacations with his family (thats what he told me), and when I asked him to send me a few pictures from his trips, he said he doesn't like to take pictures, and his family knows about it, so they don't take pictures. Well, I understand and accept his point of view. Nonetheless, he has lately gone out with his buddies and has taken a group photo. When I asked him what he had when he went out with his buddy, he merely sent me an image of the menu from the internet. I didn't even ask him to show me a photo of himself with his pals; I just asked him what he had. It's at this point that my doubts about him have begun. He urged me to trust him, but it is difficult for me. Would appreciate it if you could provide some recommendations.

Why didnt you asked your bf instead of here 

Also if it is real, if you wouldnt ask bf u would have asked best friend 

Things that dont make sense is usually NOT TRUE 

Guest ffffffff

My take 

He doesn't want to leave evidence of your relationship.

Another possibility. You are on probation basis. He haven't confirmed you as significant other.

Lastly, you to him cannot see the light. Ie shadow relationship under wraps.

he is not serious about including you in his life. sorry to be blunt.

best to move on to find another guy who will be willing to share his world with you.

there are so many good guys waiting for you to date.

6 months is a nice timeline to decide whether to stay (in pain) or move on (find better bf).

i wish you all the very best!

Obviously embarrassed of you or getting know by anyone at work or family friends relatives for me I consider that red flag. Maybe he just a lust or fwb? I definitely break up with him on the spot. His love is fake not sincere at all. Don't take you seriously. 

If you love me and not embarrassed you will initiate and even dont mind take pictures it is vacation holidays a special moment it is supposed to be about you and him. Don't give an excuse I am shy or introvert fucking excuses haha 

Nowadays most are into situationship what a shitty to be in all the drama...shits...eat your energy...I have no time for this BS! 

Like Selena Gomez says "I am 30...too old for this..." Be mature plz!

Guest No photos

I’ve gone on vacations where I did not a take a single photo. In fact, over the past few months, I’ve only used my camera to scan QR codes. So I don’t see anything fishy here..

Hmm. I also do not see a problem. I look so fat in the photo. Every angle of me looks terrible. So I never like to take picture or selfie. I prefer to take scenery / food / objects as a memory of my trip. 

On 3/4/2023 at 1:50 PM, Guest L_m said:

You sound to me like a control freak. 

Having such traits is not the best recipe for a long lasting relationship.

Don't place potential BFs into a situation like prison. What guy wants to live and be in a relationship in such a scenario?

Guest I very Hiao
4 hours ago, singalion said:

This comment is so ironic that it's laughable.

Who's obsessed with which replies are coming from the same IP address?

5 hours ago, singalion said:

Having such traits is not the best recipe for a long lasting relationship.

Don't place potential BFs into a situation like prison. What guy wants to live and be in a relationship in such a scenario?

Confirm is those clingy control freak. Will soon breakup. 

Guest 安鸡辣北鼻
10 hours ago, Guest I very Hiao said:

This comment is so ironic that it's laughable.

Who's obsessed with which replies are coming from the same IP address?

😂

Guest Try and see

It's a huge red flag and not a good sign.

It's something like if he owns a sports car, and has never once let you sit in it, after dating you for 6 months.

Hate to say this, but don't get your hopes up about him. I wouldn't waste my time discussing anything with him. The fact that he thinks it's okay to behave like that shows that he has some issues.

For one, it sounds to me like he already has a significant other, and he's just using you as a "spare tyre".

And no, you are not a control freak, as some others have accused you. The evidence that you presented would worry me also if I were in your shoes.

All the best to you.

Guest Food for thought

I have behaved in a similar manner before, and that was because I wasn’t sure of how relationship is going, and I do not want him to have too many photos of me with people whom I am acquainted to. The fear of having too much of a mess to “clean up” when things doesn’t work out stopped me from leaving “evidence” behind when sharing more about the personal aspect of my life.

My guess is that he might not be that into you, and the relationship that you two is sharing has not deepened enough for him to open himself to you. It is one thing to pay lip service and another to show it through actions that he can be trusted.

If the situation persists despite you sounding it out, you may want to reconsider the relationship.

my take is... what's the real issue?

I am sure you wasn't upset of him not taking pictures during vacations

so 

- are you doubting his word that he went for an vacation? ( idk maybe you suspected that he was in SG all along)

- are you piss that he is not sharing his life with you?

- are you angry that he spent so much to travel overseas but doesnt even take pictures?

so what's the real issue that bugs you?

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

I disliked keeping pictures of myself. Even certain photographs, I eventually rip them off. I simply keep a digital passport photo as my only image. You won't receive a picture of me performing a daring feat, posing with a camel, or kicking someone in the butt since it would be priceless and more valuable than a picture of the Mona Lisa. I'm trying to say that I don't take photos for the sake of shooting photos even if you requested, beg or paid me to do so. It makes no sense.  Only until Putin carried me on his back, while Joe Biden fed me with potato chips and Xi Jingping stared into my face did I consent to having my picture taken.  The possibility is there, don't give up if you wanted to see my picture. 😝

On 3/4/2023 at 6:50 AM, Guest L_m said:

Like other posters here,  I don't like to take pictures.  Neither of myself nor of what surrounds me.  Fortunately,  other people around me take plenty of pictures,  so I have good views to remember the past.

What your post reveals is that you have much insecurity.  Hopefully you sooner or later realize that we are surrounded by insecurity all our life,  and therefore we should consciously suppress these feelings of insecurity if we want to live a free and happy life.   In your case,  what is the worst that can happen?   That he loses his feelings for you and your relationship ends.  

We tend to worry too much for things that won't happen in reality.  In your case, your relationship may continue indefinitely,  why not?  You cannot know the future.  But while recognizing that an end can happen and remaining attentive and prepared,  why not suppress the insecurity?  If it happens, then you can do what we all do in this situation: remain open for a next relationship.

• 5 months later...

Is it HIS obligation to take a photo together,  or can you ALSO take such a photo?  The fact that you don't have it, isn't this also YOUR responsibility?

If you are so insecure about your relationship with him,  then don't invest much in it.  Keep it running,  but with a good balance of benefit versus cost.  So that,  if a breakup happens,  you don't have to feel like a looser but simply see it as a balanced situation that came to an end.  And you are free to look for a new one.

Is it HIS obligation to take a photo together,  or can you ALSO take such a photo?  The fact that you don't have it, isn't this also YOUR responsibility?

If you are so insecure about your relationship with him,  then don't invest much in it.  Keep it running,  but with a good balance of benefit versus cost.  So that,  if a breakup happens,  you don't have to feel like a looser but simply see it as a balanced situation that came to an end.  And you are free to look for a new one.

Boring 

yawn.  as said, KB is the backbone of BW, w/o it, sian 

Guest U Crazy issit?

Hmmm...   if he is not entirely single,  he has with him someone who can take the pictures of himself... alone. 

I will be pestering my bf to provide answer who took the picture for him..duh!!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.