Male HQ

Why are guys on dating apps terrible at making conversations?

Guest enchantingbootssun

Guest enchantingbootssun

I don't understand why guys on dating apps are terrible at making conversations?

The purpose of the exchange especially on the dating platform is about knowing each other and determining if both parties are suitable for whatever end goals they choose to pursue. This will include talking about yourself, and also asking questions about the other party. 

The guys I interacted with behave as if they are somewhere on the autism spectrum, unable to communicate sufficiently. Most of them are only capable of asking the same few questions:

1. Seek?
  2. Top/Bottom?
  3. Whr u stay? 
  4. How r u?

An example was with this 33 year old individual, I asked him to share something interesting about himself that isn't on his profile. He was only capable of typing, "I stay in the west, u?"

At 33 years old, incapable of conversing efficiently to build rapport? Where have you been son? Hiding in the dungeon? 

I tried to prompt him further, "What else apart from the location of your habitation?" 

He replied with "Haha, all in my profile"

Let me remind you that his profile consist of 3 words, "Cars, shopping, travel" 

Good luck to this dude.

They are all systematic nothing WOW about them..just "meh" haha just because you were treated that way you just follow suit and treat the same to others 😳 haha no go out of the box type..no initiative...just same dull boring Convo...as a left handed person find it sad so many educated yet that is all you can do or provide? Haha well i guess most treated the apps just hook ups come and go or ONS or etc....no longer where they want to date or etc...NEXT! Haha 

I am presuming you mean the gay dating apps; as 'harsh' as it may sound, I think in the gay dating apps are for those guys who priotize immediate sexual satisfaction, and the whole wine-and-dine, let-me-get-to-know-you-better dating thing is seen as a waste of time if you just want a pump-and-dump in bed. Especially if they don't expect to meet a 2nd time.

What 'dating' apps essentially accomplish is to enable men to reduce sex into a mere transaction even more efficiently than they would normally do - it's not so much a "virtual dating space" as it is a "virtual bathhouse/cruising area".

I don't doubt that most of these guys are perfectly articulate and able to think, reason and behave like functional human beings in most other contexts - EXCEPT a sex-only one, but this usually means one has to get to know them OUTSIDE of a highly sexualized environment (whether online or offline) before one can hope to see any of that.

17 hours ago, Guest enchantingbootssun said:

He replied with "Haha, all in my profile"

Let me remind you that his profile consist of 3 words, "Cars, shopping, travel" 

You were lucky that the guy had something in his profile at all... lol

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.