Male HQ

Google Chromecast

11 hours ago, briefsnottrunks said:

Does anyone bring and use it when going for staycays? Any advice on whether I should pay top dollar for the Ultra version or just get an older gen device?

I'm presuming you are talking about the following.

Chromecast with Google TV (4K) Chromecast with Google TV (HD)

Spec-wise I think they are quite similar. Main difference would be support for 4K video. But I don't think you will be watching 4K while you're on vacation. So maybe the HD version would be a better choice.

I'm using a Amazon FireTV stick 4K version, mainly because it was on sale at that time, and the same price as the model with HD resolution.

I find connecting to the hotel tv with a hdmi cable to the phone/laptop really fuss free. Used to fiddle with Chromecast which needs to connect to the hotel wifi. Some hotels wifi need guests to enter some codes/room/name to their connection page. Hit and miss at times.

5 hours ago, bwf15 said:

I find connecting to the hotel tv with a hdmi cable to the phone/laptop really fuss free. Used to fiddle with Chromecast which needs to connect to the hotel wifi. Some hotels wifi need guests to enter some codes/room/name to their connection page. Hit and miss at times.

I used to do that as well, but switch to these streaming stick because, 1. don't have to bring long HDMI cables, 2. remote control, meaning fuss-free viewing in the bed.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.