Male HQ

Decluttering...

mith

i suddenly felt THE TIME has changed! I started easing myself into "digital age"... 

for those of you that grew up in the 80s, i'm sure physical books, magazines, DVDs, CDs were our constant companion... now that these are mostly available online (through streaming), its inevitable about their fate. Houses get smaller too, space are scarces, i need to let go of them... 

i cant bear to just bin them though, they are still in pretty good conditons...  

anyone any suggestions for me to pass them on? to someone else? to some organisation perhaps? not thinking of making money selling them though... but hopefully to someone who still likes and enjoy the physical items...

or is there a forums here for give away? some of the "sensitive" items are not appropriate posting on facebook i think...

Can auction...

There are some collectors...

Records have become very hype again.

Myself, while not the book rat, but I still prefer reading the book instead of reading something on the phone or PC.

What I noted with CD's is that some online versions are records, you can hear the scratches or the version is totally different from your own.

Worst is when people place other songs into the sequence or even from different musicians... annoying.

A movie is still more entertaining when watched in a cinema.

Lastly, also consider the industry around you and around certain offers.

Isn't it a nice thing to stroll through a bookstore... But if nobody takes the effort to maintain one, then...

Browsing your PC for books, surely can't be compared...

And those keeping thousand of thousands of files, either you need space in a cloud or have to run a directory for all you external hard disks.

Just look at the handphone pictures you accumulate. did you ever look through again?

Guest Guest
4 hours ago, mith said:

i suddenly felt THE TIME has changed! I started easing myself into "digital age"... 

for those of you that grew up in the 80s, i'm sure physical books, magazines, DVDs, CDs were our constant companion... now that these are mostly available online (through streaming), its inevitable about their fate. Houses get smaller too, space are scarces, i need to let go of them... 

i cant bear to just bin them though, they are still in pretty good conditons...  

anyone any suggestions for me to pass them on? to someone else? to some organisation perhaps? not thinking of making money selling them though... but hopefully to someone who still likes and enjoy the physical items...

or is there a forums here for give away? some of the "sensitive" items are not appropriate posting on facebook i think...

I noe how u feel. I throw away 1000+ pcs of CDs n 200+ pcs of LDs when moving hse. I manage to donate 100 over books to e library. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.