Male HQ

Sharing is loving too?

Guest Share

1 hour ago, Guest lol said:

yeah share. my bf will use the towel to wipe his balls area after shower.

and i will use his towel to wipe my face. 

yep.

LOL!     Towels and toothbrushes are so inexpensive that there is no need to share them.  But when there is love, we can share the home, the car, and sometimes, the bed. 

Guest what??

I don't even share the same wardrobe with my own family members.  Sharing of toothpaste and towel is completely insane, unhygiene and a violation of indvidual privacy. 

Guest Share

Thanks for the reply..

I have actually talked about the points you guys mentioned it here. Here is how did he reply to me

Towel: The body is cleaned after using shampoo. He dries his towel under the sun everyday whenever it is sunny, and washes his towel every 2/3 days. If I mind, why would we still sleep naked together, cuddle and lick each other. 

Toothbrush: To be clear, he gave me a new one, so he has two in his bathroom. But he mentioned he normally just picks either one when brushing teeth. If I mind, why would we kiss and perform bj.

17 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

LOL!     Towels and toothbrushes are so inexpensive that there is no need to share them.  But when there is love, we can share the home, the car, and sometimes, the bed. 

Have you ever bought toothbrushes in Singapore???

Such items, same as most shower gels, shampoo, lotion are totally overpriced in Singapore and without any import taxes and low GST(VAT) I m not sure why these items are sold at such high price here. It is like a lot of products, that despite Singapore being a 0 import tax country are more costly than compared to other countries.

In Europe all these items are at 1/3 lower if not less compared to Singapore.

Example: branded Shower gel for men (500 to 950ml) in

Europe S$,2.50

Singapore S$5.95

Body lotion:

Europe: S$3.50 to 5.50 (branded Vaseline, Nivea, 400ml)

Singapore: S$10.50 to 15.   (400 ml) same Nivea brand at 400m on offer here is 6.95!

When I did a Europe trip with one Singaporean friend one summer holiday, he asked me if he can pack some of the lotions, shower gels, shampoo into my suitcase... I think half of his suitcase was full of such items...

For these skin dermatological brands Eucerin, Sebamed, Bioderma, Cetaphil  the price difference is simply mad!

Sebamed skin lotion (200ml)

in Europe: S$5.60

in Singapore: S$19.90

We call this day time robbery!

Edited by singalion

Guest ffffffff
58 minutes ago, singalion said:

Have you ever bought toothbrushes in Singapore

We call this day time robbery!

I bought from value$ shop, was $1 for a pack of three. Bristles very soft. Nice to use.

Guest Derelict
2 hours ago, Guest Share said:

Thanks for the reply..

I have actually talked about the points you guys mentioned it here. Here is how did he reply to me

Towel: The body is cleaned after using shampoo. He dries his towel under the sun everyday whenever it is sunny, and washes his towel every 2/3 days. If I mind, why would we still sleep naked together, cuddle and lick each other. 

Toothbrush: To be clear, he gave me a new one, so he has two in his bathroom. But he mentioned he normally just picks either one when brushing teeth. If I mind, why would we kiss and perform bj.

Certainly 😁 if you guys are the same size can share undies too. I find it quite erotic to wear something that has covered my partner's balls.

12 minutes ago, Guest ffffffff said:

I bought from value$ shop, was $1 for a pack of three. Bristles very soft. Nice to use.

Sure but what they call soft is in real maybe medium.

https://www.foodpanda.sg/shop/r9tf/valu-lucky-plaza/search?q=toothbrush

I buy toothbrushes (super soft) in Europe as the quality products are just cheaper.

My colleagues even ask me to bring back to Singapore, when I have trips to Europe. (in the worst case can place into hand luggage...)

Drug store branded super soft toothbrushes are at S$1.35 (yes!) in Europe.

Oral B (super fancy one (super soft)) is at S$2.75 per piece.

Once again compare these prices with Singapore....

3 hours ago, Guest Share said:

Thanks for the reply..

Would not advise to share towels.

You bf has a business trip and comes back with bed bugs... they might slip into the towel.

Then you will suffer also.

Also bacteria might be on the towel. Then you can catch the same infection as your bf. 

Same goes for some fungus or the tinea cruris.

It is better to separate the towels.

Don't forget that kissing and licking is different because the saliva in the mouth contains antimicrobial agents that kill bacteria.

But the towel doesn't have such agents.

The drying in the sun doesn't make much impact.

Is your flat/room so small that you don't have space for more than one towel?

I always hang the towel over a higher "chair" to let it dry fully until I return home from work.

I have plenty of spare towels (in 5 * Hotel condition), you can collect them at my place... (no additional benefits required or expected... 😆)

Regarding toothbrush sharing...

if you have the same bad breath, then you know why... 🤣

But I would not recommend to share toothbrushes also, there will be also some bacteria or blood stains (if you have some gum issue or something sort of).

Why You Should Never Share Your Toothbrush

https://dentrixdentalcare.com/never-share-toothbrush/

Did you know that sharing a toothbrush can cause a wide range of health issues? Whether intentional or accidental, grabbing someone else’s toothbrush (or letting them use yours) can expose your teeth, gums, and mouth to many nasty things that can lead to illness and infection.

It’s therefore important to know that, in the case of toothbrushes, sharing really isn’t caring. To protect your oral health and that of others, avoid sharing toothbrushes. This will stop the spread of bacteria and viruses that can have serious effects on your health. Here we take a look at the key reasons you should never share toothbrushes.

Bacterial Growth

Toothbrushes harbour a wide range of bacteria, which can be passed on when people share toothbrushes. Streptococcus mutans – a harmful bacteria that is responsible for MRSA infections and tooth decay – can be found on toothbrushes, and could lead to severe illness. Even worse, when you share a toothbrush, the amount of bacteria found on it increases with every use, and you’re more likely to pick up a harmful infection.

Bleeding Gums

Toothbrushes don’t only pass on bacteria, but also blood-borne diseases and illnesses. That’s because when some people brush their teeth, their gums bleed. This means that any bacteria and viruses in the mouth – passed on from the toothbrush – can enter the bloodstream. This may cause minor infections and illnesses, but if the person you share the toothbrush with has hepatitis B or HIV, they could also be passed on through toothbrush use when bleeding gums occur.

If you suffer from bleeding gums – whether you’ve used someone else’s toothbrush or not – be sure to make a dentist appointment as soon as possible. This way, you can catch and treat gum disease in its early stages. Book a check-up with Dentrix Dental today.

Periodontal Disease

Periodontal disease is one of the most common oral infections and can be treated when detected early. Unfortunately, it is easily spread through the practice of sharing toothbrushes, and many people don’t realise they have it until it’s too late. Periodontitis is often known as gum disease, and when left untreated, it can lead to some serious health problems. These include the loss of teeth, painful abscesses, and gum recession.

Infection

You risk a number of infections when you choose to pick up someone else’s toothbrush. Viruses, including herpes simplex type one, are just one example of toothbrush-spread diseases. Herpes simplex type one is the very same virus that causes oral and genital herpes. Human Papillomavirus (HPV) may also be contracted by toothbrush sharing and has links with oral and esophageal cancers.

Edited by singalion

Guest Share
On 7/11/2023 at 3:25 PM, singalion said:

Would not advise to share towels.

You bf has a business trip and comes back with bed bugs... they might slip into the towel.

Then you will suffer also.

Also bacteria might be on the towel. Then you can catch the same infection as your bf. 

Same goes for some fungus or the tinea cruris.

It is better to separate the towels.

Don't forget that kissing and licking is different because the saliva in the mouth contains antimicrobial agents that kill bacteria.

But the towel doesn't have such agents.

The drying in the sun doesn't make much impact.

Is your flat/room so small that you don't have space for more than one towel?

I always hang the towel over a higher "chair" to let it dry fully until I return home from work.

I have plenty of spare towels (in 5 * Hotel condition), you can collect them at my place... (no additional benefits required or expected... 😆)

I agree with you ... but we sleep naked. Even if I dont use his towel, I will catch the same infection. So it is still back to the question what's the concern of sharing the towel.

Just to clarify, I'm not here for mindless debate. But I find that it is interesting to discuss about, because I have been taught not to share towels and toothpastes since young, but such a practice somewhat contradicts to intimacy actions (of course, safe one). @robin has a point there... are we contradicting ourselves?

Lastly, thanks for offering spare towels, nice thought though.😆

Guest Share
On 7/11/2023 at 2:46 PM, Guest Derelict said:

Certainly 😁 if you guys are the same size can share undies too. I find it quite erotic to wear something that has covered my partner's balls.

Lol. Same... Sometimes I just stay overnight without bringing my own clothes, so got to wear everything from him from head to toe.

Maybe a sharing with love can continue after a death.   After my bf of 21 years passed away,  I now keep using some of the clothing, shoes and other things he left behind.  This helps in my feeling of still being connected, whatever this could be.

Don't mind sharing towel , undies , swimming trunk or sport gear like tights but not toothbrush. As I will sniff it before I used those I mentioned. Simply love the smell of makes me hard on.

Guest Share
On 7/15/2023 at 5:56 PM, fetish72 said:

Don't mind sharing towel , undies , swimming trunk or sport gear like tights but not toothbrush. As I will sniff it before I used those I mentioned. Simply love the smell of makes me hard on.

LOL... I do like to sniff my partner's briefs before wearing them, though they are clean.

As for sharing a toothbrush, I have started to accept the idea... probably because his breathe always smells fresh and clean. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.