Male HQ

49 men arrested in Sentosa hotel villa after drug raid

maturemedium

- Majority of the cast are not circuit boys but one cast member is a well-known home par host ;) 

Is it the one who is a third in a multi-racial trouple? 🤭

all these ppl ought to be send be to their country of birth to face justice.  

taking foreign citizenship just to cheat,  unforgivable capital crime.   

destroy our country reputation, send them back with no mercy.

Majority is Singaporean le. 

Wah many comments got deleted

I rmb the comments who got deleted at this timing yesterday were pretty much harmless comments, why ah. sometimes this thread moves so fast you dun read fast enough then poof gone~

Accurate anot

yup. those sent to rehab are not locked in DRC-level kind of stuff. it’s for outpatient treatment and rehabilitation. 

as per cnb website: 

Drug abusers who are caught for the first time and are assessed to have low risk of reoffending are served with an Enhanced Direct Supervision Order (EDSO). The EDSO was introduced in 2019 as part of Misuse of Drugs Act amendments, to help and strengthen the reintegration of abusers into society.

Supervisees under the EDSO do not go to the DRC. They will be assigned a community case manager by SANA to support them and their family in their rehabilitation. They are allowed to stay at their place of residence during the period of supervision but will be required to attend compulsory counselling sessions and undergo urine tests.

as for the drug trafficking, i heard it is still under investigation but it is quite serious. well i mean, someone gotta supply those drugs and bring it to the party, right? that’s a given, and that someone happens to be a dealer. 

yup. those sent to rehab are not locked in DRC-level kind of stuff. it’s for outpatient treatment and rehabilitation. 

as per cnb website: 

Drug abusers who are caught for the first time and are assessed to have low risk of reoffending are served with an Enhanced Direct Supervision Order (EDSO). The EDSO was introduced in 2019 as part of Misuse of Drugs Act amendments, to help and strengthen the reintegration of abusers into society.

Supervisees under the EDSO do not go to the DRC. They will be assigned a community case manager by SANA to support them and their family in their rehabilitation. They are allowed to stay at their place of residence during the period of supervision but will be required to attend compulsory counselling sessions and undergo urine tests.

i saw this before but i thought it's for first-timer. thought majority are 2nd timer.

so the remaining 41 guys got let off with warning?

i saw this before but i thought it's for first-timer. thought majority are 2nd timer.

so the remaining 41 guys got let off with warning?

not sure if they are first time or second time. i  heard the news of the 7 guys going for rehab from a friend who occasionally parties with that group in the scene. maybe cnb does take a different stance towards recreational ‘soft’ drugs or either that they do unofficially extend the Enhanced Direct Supervision Order (EDSO) to second-time drug offenders, similar to how state prosecutors can exercise prosecutorial discretion and issue stern warning. 

as per cnb website: 

as for the drug trafficking, i heard it is still under investigation but it is quite serious. well i mean, someone gotta supply those drugs and bring it to the party, right? that’s a given, and that someone happens to be a dealer. 

:lol::lol::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest No idea

7 of them got sent to rehab. 1 is being charged for drug trafficking. 

as per cnb website: 

not sure if they are first time or second time. i  heard the news of the 7 guys going for rehab from a friend who occasionally parties with that group in the scene. maybe cnb does take a different stance towards recreational ‘soft’ drugs or either that they do unofficially extend the Enhanced Direct Supervision Order (EDSO) to second-time drug offenders, similar to how state prosecutors can exercise prosecutorial discretion and issue stern warning. 

seems like you don’t really know anything and are just speculating or spreading rumours 

then what is the truth?

not too sure what he has heard. i am in the scene and i do have friends who are even more in the scene. i’ve alr stated here what i’ve heard (7 people got sent to rehab, 1 is being investigated and will be charged for drug trafficking). the name of the guy who is being investigated for drug trafficking has been dropped alr, but i won’t reveal who. 

Guest oh no!

they r Chinese nationals taking up foreign citizenship

Oh no, Singaporeans don't do this. 

Crime is always done by foreigners... 

how laughable... 

Guest No idea

not too sure what he has heard. i am in the scene and i do have friends who are even more in the scene. i’ve alr stated here what i’ve heard (7 people got sent to rehab, 1 is being investigated and will be charged for drug trafficking). the name of the guy who is being investigated for drug trafficking has been dropped alr, but i won’t reveal who. 

‘not sure’, ‘I heard’, ‘my friend said’… confirm you have no facts and just want to gossip chitchat and spread rumors 

‘not sure’, ‘I heard’, ‘my friend said’… confirm you have no facts and just want to gossip chitchat and spread rumors 

like what i have said previously, up to you whether you want to believe or not. no harm no loss even if you don’t. no need to get so triggered. btw according to your rhetoric, if people are not allowed or discouraged to speak based on trustworthy close sources, all the newspapers and social media can close down alr. u are an adult, you should be able to make your own decisions as to whether my information is correct or not, no one is forcing you to take my words. 

i think its true. saw one guy ig stories, started posting as if nothing happened and heck, he even managed to flew out of sg yesterday. if got issues, how to travel? unless he’s not one of the guys (which i doubt so). he was mentioned here previously.

maybe guest Insider can shed some light? 

Guest Insider

i think its true. saw one guy ig stories, started posting as if nothing happened and heck, he even managed to flew out of sg yesterday. if got issues, how to travel? unless he’s not one of the guys (which i doubt so). he was mentioned here previously.

maybe guest Insider can shed some light? 

No idea who you are talking about so can't comment.

But what people need to understand is that even for people in the scene, a lot of what we know now is just hearsay.

Just because we are in the scene doesn't mean we will have 100% correct information.

Think about it.

For y'all its juicy gossip.

For these 49 guys, whether you like them or not, this is their life and they are all facing consequences for it.

A lot of them are not willing to talk about it since they also know people just kaypoh and not genuinely care about them.

The idiot who was bashing the IG famous host on this forum yesterday (which moderator has removed) is a good example of why a lot of these 49 guys are not willing to talk - they know a lot of people are secretly gloating over their misfortune.

So as Guest 123 has mentioned, a lot of information flying around now is based on 'trustworthy close sources'.

Not everything is fact, and it is up to you what you want to believe.

But I would say that the stuff mentioned about the condo raid from last year in this forum are all facts because the dust has already settled from that incident so a lot of the facts mentioned here has become common knowledge in the circuit scene.

For this Sentosa raid, might need to wait till the dust has settled before all the facts start to emerge.

For now, its just a lot of hearsay and up to you to discerrn what is fact or fiction.

Guest No idea

like what i have said previously, up to you whether you want to believe or not. no harm no loss even if you don’t. no need to get so triggered. btw according to your rhetoric, if people are not allowed or discouraged to speak based on trustworthy close sources, all the newspapers and social media can close down alr. u are an adult, you should be able to make your own decisions as to whether my information is correct or not, no one is forcing you to take my words. 

someone pointing out that you are gossiping and don’t know what you are talking about is nothing like someone being ‘triggered’ - don’t hide behind words you don’t understand 😂 

you’re free to write what you want, I’m free to point out you’re spreading rumors and gossiping. That’s how forums like this work. If you don’t want reactions, don’t post. 

For these 49 guys, whether you like them or not, this is their life and they are all facing consequences for it.

A lot of them are not willing to talk about it since they also know people just kaypoh and not genuinely care about them.

The idiot who was bashing the IG famous host on this forum yesterday (which moderator has removed) is a good example of why a lot of these 49 guys are not willing to talk - they know a lot of people are secretly gloating over their misfortune.

Frankly these guys won’t be scared or learn their lessons much. Once let off the hook(which’s very likely), many’ll go back to their partying and drugs habit.

The only way to stop is to leave the circuit scene, which’s something many circuit gays will not do.

Guest 甲乙丙

Frankly these guys won’t be scared or learn their lessons much. Once let off the hook(which’s very likely), many’ll go back to their partying and drugs habit.

Yup I agree with that, because from the condo incident, you can already see those who got a second chance wasting it by going for this party to be caught again. 😔

For those here argueing that first time drug offenders are  let off with just a warning please read this:

https://singaporelegaladvice.com/law-articles/what-are-singapores-laws-on-drug-consumption/

Let's not fall for such clear misrepresentations ...

Thanks. I dont understand why folks will come here to misrepresent the laws, confusing some guys that might think there no more jail for first time drug users.

Yup I agree with that, because from the condo incident, you can already see those who got a second chance wasting it by going for this party to be caught again. 😔

what’s the condo incident? 

was it reported in the news?

Guest Insider

Thanks. I dont understand why folks will come here to misrepresent the laws, confusing some guys that might think there no more jail for first time drug users.

I'm not misrepresenting anything.

Not sure why people like you can't seem to understand basic English.

The quoted source says 'The penalty for consuming either controlled or specified drugs is a maximum of 10 years’ imprisonment, or a fine of $20,000 or both.'

The key word is maximum.

Nowhere does it say that jail is mandatory.

Just look at Joseph Schooling incident... Did he go jail? No.

J. Schooling is not a good reference la...

Firstly, he confessed to it himself,

secondly, his urine tests returned negative.

Also, like it or not, his profile as a historic contributor to SG may have helped him,

on the other hand, the circuit gay community has always been on CNB's bad books and radar.

Btw, for those who don't know, CNB can make one do hair sample tests too, other than urine tests.

Hair sample test is 'worse' as it can detect drug consumption months back.

'Good' thing is, if you are on routine checks and you passed a hair sample test, your next check may be further away.

No one is a good reference. Everyone has varying degree of drug use. CNB clearly classify the use of certain drugs as more dangerous than others. So the punishment of consuming these different drugs will be different.

Guest Toxic & superficial

I wun be surprised if some guys ‘baotoh’ who’s the supplier, just to get themselves off the hook by ‘co-operating’. Talk abt being friends

Singapore’s Drug Laws: Possession, Consumption and Trafficking

Last updated on July 11, 2023

Apart from Singapore’s notorious ban on chewing gum, foreigners also associate Singapore with her draconian drug laws, known to be one of the strictest around the world.

In contrast, certain more drug-liberal countries such as Belgium or the United States have more relaxed drug policies. For example, marijuana (also known as cannabis) is strictly outlawed in Singapore but is legal to a certain extent in certain American states.

Other examples of drugs prohibited in Singapore include cocaine, opium, heroin, “ice”, ketamine (also known as “special K”) and ecstasy, and are collectively known as “controlled drugs” under the Singapore Misuse of Drugs Act (MDA).

The MDA contains Singapore’s law on drugs. Under the MDA, there are three main types of drug offences:

1. Drug possession;
  2. Drug consumption; and
  3. Drug trafficking.

1. Drug Possession

It is an offence under section 8(a) of the MDA to possess controlled drugs. The penalty for possessing drugs is a maximum of 10 years’ imprisonment, or a fine of $20,000 or both.

As of 1 June 2023, the maximum penalties for the possession of the following controlled drugs, above certain weight thresholds, have increased to 30 years’ imprisonment and 15 strokes of the cane:

• Morphine;
  • Diamorphine;
  • Opium;
  • Cocaine;
  • Cannabis;
  • Cannabis resin;
  • Cannabis mixture; and
  • Methamphetamine.

For example, the penalties for possessing less than 300g of cannabis remains 10 years’ imprisonment, or a fine of $20,000 or both. However, possessing between 330g and 500g of cannabis will now result in 20 years’ imprisonment and 10 strokes of the cane while possessing more than 500g of cannabis will result in the maximum penalties of 30 years’ imprisonment and 15 strokes of the cane.

Presumption of drug possession 

The law adopts several presumptions to facilitate drug enforcement in relation to the investigation, search, and arrest of offenders under the MDA.

For example, if the police finds a packet of special K at your house that your friend left behind after a party, under section 18 of the MDA you are presumed to possess that drug, and to have known that it was a prohibited drug, unless you can prove otherwise.

It does not matter that you have never come into physical contact with the drug.

2. Drug Consumption

Under section 8(b) of the MDA, consumption of any controlled drug or specified drug is an offence. Specified drugs refer to certain controlled drugs that are listed separately in the Fourth Schedule.

The penalty for consuming either controlled or specified drugs is a maximum of 10 years’ imprisonment, or a fine of $20,000 or both.

While the list of specified drugs is a subset of the list of controlled drugs, the distinction is important in terms of punishment for repeat offending.

The general penalty for repeat drug consumption of a controlled drug is imprisonment of at least 3 years.

However, in cases of specified drugs, you will be punished under section 33A if you have been previously:

• Admitted into an institution;
  • Convicted for consuming a specified drug; and/or
  • Convicted for an offence of failure to provide a urine specimen,

and are convicted once again for consuming a specified drug or failing to provide a urine specimen, you will be punished with imprisonment for at least 5 to 7 years and receive 3 to 6 strokes of the cane.

Urine tests and hair tests

If the police have reason to believe that you have consumed drugs, they have the right to subject you to a urine test and/or a hair test under sections 31 and 31A of the MDA.

Failure to provide a specimen of urine for a urine test, will result in a maximum of 10 years’ imprisonment, or a fine of $20,000 or both.

Whereas, failure to provide specimens of your hair for a hair test is punishable with a maximum of 2 years’ imprisonment, or a fine of $5,000 or both.

Presumption of drug consumption

Additionally, under section 22 of the MDA, if a controlled drug is found in a person’s urine, he is presumed to have consumed the drug illegally under section 8(b) of the MDA. This is unless he can prove that the drug consumption was involuntary, which can be a difficult burden to discharge.

Therefore, reasons such as “I did not know that the pill my friend gave me was ecstasy!” are unlikely to hold water.

Possession of drug consumption apparatus

Even if you pass the urine test, possessing apparatus used for consuming controlled drugs, like pipes, syringes and other utensils can also land you in jail for a maximum of 3 years or a fine of $10,000 or both.

Can Singaporeans legally consume drugs overseas?

More adventurous Singaporeans might think that the laws under the MDA only apply within Singapore, and that they can get away scot-free by consuming drugs overseas. This cannot be further from the truth.

Under section 8A of the MDA, a Singapore citizen or permanent resident who consumes drugs abroad will be dealt with as if that offence had been committed within Singapore and punished accordingly.

Random checks are conducted at Singapore’s entry points (such as Changi Airport and Woodlands Checkpoint) to test if travellers have consumed drugs before entering Singapore.

3. Drug Trafficking

The most serious of the trio is the offence of drug trafficking under section 5 of the MDA.

If you are involved in selling, transporting, delivering, distributing or even offering to do any of these acts, you would be committing an offence.

On the other hand, you can also be convicted if you order someone else to transport any controlled drug. This also applies to trafficking drugs on someone else’s behalf, regardless of whether that person is in Singapore.

A point to note is that under the MDA, trafficking drugs and importing/exporting drugs are different, but both are offences under the Act.

Presumption of drug possession for the purpose of trafficking

If the quantity of drugs in your possession exceeds a certain amount, as stipulated under section 17 of the MDA, you are presumed to possess the drugs for the purpose of trafficking.

For example, if you are found with up to 25 grammes of ice, you can only be charged with possession. But if you have more than 25 grammes of ice in your possession, you can be charged with drug trafficking instead.

Penalty for drug trafficking

Depending on the class and the quantity of the drugs trafficked, the penalty ranges from imprisonment and strokes of cane to the mandatory death penalty.

For example, if you are convicted of trafficking controlled drugs containing more than 250 grammes of “ice”, you will face a mandatory death penalty.

However, with effect from 1 January 2013, convicted drug traffickers may be able to avoid the mandatory death penalty if they can prove that they were only couriers in charge of transporting, sending or delivering the drug.

Additionally, it has to be shown that:

• They had either “substantively assisted” the Central Narcotics Bureau (the government agency in charge of drug enforcement in Singapore, also known as CNB) in disrupting drug trafficking activities within or outside Singapore; or
  • They were suffering from a condition that substantially impaired their mental responsibility for their actions.

In such circumstances, the drug trafficker may be sentenced to life imprisonment instead. If the drug trafficker managed to avoid the death penalty on the basis of having “substantively assisted” CNB, he must also be caned up to 15 strokes.

Currently, the extent of assistance the drug trafficker must have given in order for his efforts to be regarded as “substantive” is unclear, and is entirely at the Public Prosecutor’s discretion.

You can read more about the death penalty in Singapore in our other article.

Rehabilitation for Drug Addicts

A drug addict is someone who has developed a desire or need to continue consuming drugs, or is dependent on the effects of drugs.

If the Director of CNB suspects that you are a drug addict, you may be required to be medically examined and observed, or be subject to urine and/or hair testing.

Through the results of the examination, you may be ordered to be admitted into a rehabilitation centre to undergo treatment and rehabilitation for 6 months (extendable up to 3 years) at the Drug Rehabilitation Centres (DRCs). This only applies if you are arrested solely for drug consumption.

Such an order would be in imposed in lieu of a jail sentence for first and second-time drug abusers. After that, if you are arrested for drug consumption again, you will be tried in court and upon conviction, will face a long-term prison sentence. As of 1 June 2023, the Director may order you, at any point throughout your life, to report for a urine test to ensure that you are no longer a drug addict.

Youth drug addicts aged 16 to below 21, will be placed in a 6-month residence at the Community Rehabilitation Centre (CRC) upon being detained in the DRC.

Nevertheless, proposed changes to the MDA discusses detaining third-time and subsequent repeat drug abusers who have not committed other crimes in the DRC, to a maximum of 4 years in cases of high-risk repeat drug abusers.

Edited by waters

The only way to stop is to leave the circuit scene, which’s something many circuit gays will not do.

It's just a phase in life. Eventually we "grow up". 🙂

Guest Introvert

What has happened, is not just about such incident alone.  It involved a greater problem with people.  Like joining certain gang, involved in bloody fight, being rude for no reason, acting like bully,  behaving promiscuisly  like climbing over toilet partition and taking videos...etc.   It all boils down to individual characters, family backgrounds,  personal discipline, the will to go against bad influence...etc.   Is there still hope for these people?  I am not absolutely sure and I can't see myself falling into that category of human nature who wanted to look cool.  I am not adventurous, not in that sense of putting yourself on the front page.

Guest Insider

What has happened, is not just about such incident alone.  It involved a greater problem with people.  Like joining certain gang, involved in bloody fight, being rude for no reason, acting like bully,  behaving promiscuisly  like climbing over toilet partition and taking videos...etc.   It all boils down to individual characters, family backgrounds,  personal discipline, the will to go against bad influence...etc.   Is there still hope for these people?  I am not absolutely sure and I can't see myself falling into that category of human nature who wanted to look cool.  I am not adventurous, not in that sense of putting yourself on the front page.

Are you ok?

Have you forgotten to take your medicine today?

Are you ok?

He’s not totally wrong what. What you choose to do, is shaped by your values and your values are a result of your upbringing, environment and experiences. 

Oh no, Singaporeans don't do this. 

Crime is always done by foreigners... 

how laughable... 

Oh yes ... of course ...  Little India riot, Standard Chartered bank robbery, transportation strike by SMRT captains, $1 billion moneylaundering .... all "Singaporeans". 

Give criminals citizenship, talk shit like Sinkies commit more crime. |  Sam's Alfresco Coffee

Happy? 

Guest Just Imagine

Are you ok?

Luckily those people were caught with their cloth on.  Imagine in the midst of mass orgy and the door suddently broke open, police and photographers all cheong in. 

Guest missed it

I'm not misrepresenting anything.

Not sure why people like you can't seem to understand basic English.

The quoted source says 'The penalty for consuming either controlled or specified drugs is a maximum of 10 years’ imprisonment, or a fine of $20,000 or both.'

The key word is maximum.

Nowhere does it say that jail is mandatory.

But you just indicated that first time offenders won't be let off with just a warning. 

That about misrepresentation. 

Are you ok?

Not sure why you needed to attack that poster.

The question remains why those people resort to taking drugs?

Is there life so miserable that they have to escape the reality?

Do they need to take drugs to run away from their life? 

Can't they enjoy life, sex etc without taking drugs???

There is a psychological part that plays into drug consumption. 

What you also avoid to mention is that those guys are addicted already. They can't have sex without drug consumption. Or to say, they don't get "any kick" without taking drugs when having sex.

To me these are signs of addiction. 

Let's not blur these backgrounds. 

• G_M locked this topic