Male HQ

Who do you think has more pressure to appear sexy and likable(bottom or tops)

Guest appearances

yea it's dumb, but i think there is some basis to it. You feel pressure when you want something... or you are seeking something better... don't really think positions (btm vs top) really matter

It's different if you are

old seeking young, there will be pressure 

unfit seeking fit, there will be pressure 

Average looking seeking good looking, there will be pressure 

29 minutes ago, ctrl said:

It's different if you are

old seeking young, there will be pressure 

unfit seeking fit, there will be pressure 

Average looking seeking good looking, there will be pressure 

Your post makes sense.  And we can say that such pressures, within limits, are positive.  Therefore, the desire to be more sexy and likable is not pure vanity and selfishness and sex urges,  but can be the motivator for a healthier and ultimately happier life.  After many years and advancing seniority, this pressure shifts from the urges of sex to the desire to remain healthy and functional, and the wish for longevity.

Guest Dumbfxxk
On 10/25/2023 at 8:48 PM, Guest Huh said:

This is literally the most dumb as fuck question ever posted on this forum, and that is saying something 

hahaha.. I can see what you mean, but I love the question :)

Guest Wikipedia
On 10/25/2023 at 7:59 PM, Guest appearances said:

As the topic says, do bottoms feel more pressure to be sexy and likable or is it the tops? 

Would love to hear opinions on it.

The tops feel the pressure to be 'bad' and 'hard'.

The btms feel the pressure to be hot and desirable.

23 hours ago, joshTWjosh said:

Case of perceived demand and supply. If you perceive/value:

Younger > older

Good-looking > average looking

Top > bottom

Gym fit > average body

Then by law of scarcity, an older, average looking, average bodied bottom will feel pressure to keep up with market forces of trade

oops, that's me

• 4 months later...

For me, I would put it this way. Try to think more about ourselves than the other person.

Yes, appearing sexy and likeable is important for me, but I do it for myself, not to please others. 

There is really nothing wrong if I choose to have a more healthier diet and have a more active lifestyle. In fact, it is better for my general health. Having a presentable body is the side effect that comes along with this lifestyle. And most importantly, I do it to please myself. Not the other person.

9 hours ago, fenghou said:

it's all supply and demand

I think there are many more bottoms in SG than tops.

So this means the bottoms need to put in more effort.

Just my opinion. 

Your opinion is spot on.  Seems like an imbalance out there in gayland. I see profiles online "no demanding bottoms" and  no bottoms this and no bottoms that.

10 hours ago, fenghou said:

it's all supply and demand

I think there are many more bottoms in SG than tops.

So this means the bottoms need to put in more effort.

Just my opinion. 

But if you're talking about SGP, don't you think bottoms here are also much more ("over")demanding on the looks of tops vice versa than in other regions of South East Asia? 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

If you are counting the Asian guys at Man About Town events, I think the bottoms have more pressure to appear sexy and likeable.

On 10/25/2023 at 8:41 AM, Steve5380 said:

Your post makes sense.  And we can say that such pressures, within limits, are positive.  Therefore, the desire to be more sexy and likable is not pure vanity and selfishness and sex urges,  but can be the motivator for a healthier and ultimately happier life.  After many years and advancing seniority, this pressure shifts from the urges of sex to the desire to remain healthy and functional, and the wish for longevity.

I tend to agree with Steve,  but I want to modify this somewhat, due to a little more seniority wisdom, ha ha.

PRESSURE is not always desirable.  It is better to do an introspective analysis  find the areas of improvement,  research the means and ways to attain the improvements,  and THEN make a good practical plan of how to achieve them.  

The result should not be a surprise.  The ways to become sexy and likeable are simple:  healthy lifestyle ( nutrition and exercise and sleep ) plus good character by enhancing empathy and sympathy by ingesting the right bacteria.

13 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I tend to agree with Steve,  but I want to modify this somewhat, due to a little more seniority wisdom, ha ha.

PRESSURE is not always desirable.  It is better to do an introspective analysis  find the areas of improvement,  research the means and ways to attain the improvements,  and THEN make a good practical plan of how to achieve them.  

The result should not be a surprise.  The ways to become sexy and likeable are simple:  healthy lifestyle ( nutrition and exercise and sleep ) plus good character by enhancing empathy and sympathy by ingesting the right bacteria.

Is Steve suffering from multiple personality disorder? Think you forgot to log out this time.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.