Male HQ

do u tip delivery guys

I am inclined to tip delivery guys,  because this is something expected that adds to their income.  I also like to tip waiters and others,  but only if tipping is not indecently pushed.  

But I very seldom tip,  because I never have pizzas or other stuff delivered,  I rarely eat in restaurants,  I like to be self-sufficient.

Only if the performance is extremely good, similar to ordinary workers. Only reward the best; otherwise, it will foster a culture of mandatory expectation, where tipping is obligatory despite underperformance. Tips serve to encourage better performance; otherwise, who will be motivated to go the extra mile to achieve excellent service?

Remember, our money is hard-earned too; it doesn't come easy.

3 hours ago, Swimfun said:

Only if the performance is extremely good, similar to ordinary workers. Only reward the best; otherwise, it will foster a culture of mandatory expectation, where tipping is obligatory despite underperformance. Tips serve to encourage better performance; otherwise, who will be motivated to go the extra mile to achieve excellent service?

Remember, our money is hard-earned too; it doesn't come easy.

Like the last statement.

Guest We are not rich but...

My mom don't leave the house regularly, due to old age,  but when she does, she will tip those familiar toilet cleaners, roadside cleaners when she crossed path with them regardless of their race.  Usually a minimum of $2 each.

9 hours ago, Guest We are not rich but... said:

My mom don't leave the house regularly, due to old age,  but when she does, she will tip those familiar toilet cleaners, roadside cleaners when she crossed path with them regardless of their race.  Usually a minimum of $2 each.

This attitude can come with age.  I know, ha ha.  Be proud of your mum!

16 hours ago, cutejack said:

Like the last statement.

That our money is hard earned too,  it does not come easy ?    I am sure that you know perfectly well that there are more and LESS easy ways to earn money.

1 hour ago, GKS said:

Yes。 especially raining day, even more. 

It is not surprising your empathy for delivery guys. I find that your postings reveal a good nature. Keep it up. :thumb:

Guest Merp

Normal deliveries, no. SG has no tipping culture that subsidizes cost for service platform and employers. Platforms and employers here are expected to pay out a competitive fee to keep their workforce, and they already charge us consumers for this.

However, if there's some extra circumstance, like if its really late, there's alot of food, raining or whatever, I'll tip 10-20% just as a "thanks for putting up with me" to my delivery peep.

On 3/16/2024 at 8:04 PM, Guest We are not rich but... said:

Still your money anyway. Thanks for contributing to the economy. They will love you

I rarely engage delivery guys.

Like for FairPrice often they don't keep on their delivery dates, then my mood is not for giving tips.

Many delivery guys ring the door, but are already gone, when you open.

I would not tip through any apps because you don't know if the tips really land with the last mile service person.

Guest Guest
5 hours ago, singalion said:

I rarely engage delivery guys.

Like for FairPrice often they don't keep on their delivery dates, then my mood is not for giving tips.

Many delivery guys ring the door, but are already gone, when you open.

I would not tip through any apps because you don't know if the tips really land with the last mile service person.

cheapo angmoh with loads of excuses spotted!

i would always tip the riders or drivers who come to my house and also offer them a drink as well. i believe the work they do is not easy riding or driving from point to point and the amount to pressure they face with out on the roads.

I don't normally tip but I often offer drinks and sometimes food.  I know this is much appreciated especially on warm days.  There were rare occasions during the eating/drinking break that the delivery guy would awkwardly and politely request to use the bathroom too, which I would allow.

I do tip on rainy days from time to time as I want to show appreciation for their bringing food to me despite the rain. 

Edited by AgentFit

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.