Male HQ

Beware Of China Con-couple

homeboi

hi all... this is happened to a friend and telling me his incident...

he met this China couple telling him that they had lost their wallet and they need some money for help, at first he asked for $20 and then later $50, the china man gave my friend his name card and they exchange nos. promise to returnthe $$. When home, my friend check the china man company website and found invalid, try to call, invalid also.

my friend said that he felt at first place that he knew they are con but still listen, seems like he has been completely under their spell after they start to talk....

beware... when some china couple start talking to you telling you that they need some cash to help :ph34r:

he met this China couple telling him that they had lost their wallet and they need some money for help, at first he asked for $20 and then later $50, the china man gave my friend his name card and they exchange nos. promise to returnthe $$. When home, my friend check the china man company website and found invalid, try to call, invalid also.

my friend said that he felt at first place that he knew they are con but still listen, seems like he has been completely under their spell after they start to talk....

beware... when some china couple start talking to you telling you that they need some cash to help :ph34r:

hmm... thanks for ur post... we all will take note of them... How do they look like?

It can be better if those photos are taken... :hat: :hat: :hat:

258yvky.jpg

Guest Guest

If they are pro con, i think they will prepare not only one type of name card, but just becareful, i don't talk to stranger, normally i just walk away before they talk further, homeboi, they are tanned or fair?

I have been approached by "Con"-china ladies, couples and men who claimed that they have lost their wallet, short of cash for transportaton, no money for food ..blah blah blah. In the end, I tackled the situation without a single cent coming out from my pocket. Why and how?

I juz ask/or direct them to go to the nearby neighbourhood police station or Community centre to seek for help or I will say that I will make a phone call 999 to talk the police officer for assistance. The moment I said that, they will usually say to me "NeverMind and Thank you". This method works for me all the time.

I am not trying to be mean to these people(No doubt, con-man or not, I can't be 100% sure), but since this is a social problem, I will leave it to the government servants to handle.

Warmth Regards,

Hary

Guest NearlyVictim

Sometimes these con men may know hypnosis so must be careful. :ph34r:

It happened to me once. :unsure:

Was late for my appointment so I was rushing out. Along the corridor I met 2 indians/sheikh (we sometimes call them BaYi Singh). One of them wore a turban and had a beard. The other held a cage with a little bird (the bird will subsequently take out a card for you).

When I was about 1 m near them, this guy with turban snapped his fingers in front of me, shook his head and said "you are very lucky today!" At that instant I felt sleepy/dizzy and weak.....But I think because I was in a rush, my mind and attention were not entirely focused on him, I think that was why I didnt fall into his trick.

After I went into the lift, I felt strange that I was drowsy at that particular moment.

Must be careful........... :smokin:

Guest Nice-36

Gachi

True or not? if true, i wana learn hypnosis too le..will use it to knock out some decent str8 guys unconscious so that he will be a dead fish for me to feast on.

Let my suppressed side emerge. Haha

Guest Guest

I ever met 2 ladies,1 young and 1 middle age,guess they are mother and daughter.I finished gym at cali raffles place and met them and they beg me to lend them $50 also,saying that they lost contact with their relatives here and no where to stay and need the money to rent a room for the night.this kind of people are everywhere,especially china people.(not try to br racist) but it's true fact. also met china people in bangkok airport demanding for 500baht saying that she have spend all her money and she don't have money to pay airport tax.another time,i was inside the terminal and met 2 china men and they say that they have also spend all their money and need some.ai yo,they are everywhere,i will never believe them.

beware... when some china couple start talking to you telling you that they need some cash to help  :ph34r:

I ever met 2 ladies,1 young and 1 middle age,guess they are mother and daughter.I finished gym at cali raffles place and met them and they beg me to lend them $50 also,saying that they lost contact with their relatives here and no where to stay and need the money to rent a room for the night.this kind of people are everywhere,especially china people.(not try to br racist) but it's true fact. also met china people in bangkok airport demanding for 500baht saying that she have spend all her money and she don't have money to pay airport tax.another time,i was inside the terminal and met 2 china men and they say that they have also spend all their money and need some.ai yo,they are everywhere,i will never believe them.

that is so true. they ARE everywhere. In China, especially in the larger cities, these con artists are all over the place. And yes, I have met a few at the BKK airport check-in area, near Clarke Quay.... sigh. Now, I just pretend I am deaf when they try to catch my attention and I just look right through them and walk away. Too bad that perhaps one or two may indeed be genuine cases. These people are giving all Chinese a very bad name! :angry:

"Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok"

This is actually a very old trick. I encountered a man asking me for money to take bus once saying he lost his wallet or something similar. That was more than 30 years ago along Orchard Road near Heeren Building. I can't remember whether I gave him any. Within a week at around the same place, he again approach me for money with the same excuse. I told him he cannot use the same trick twice. I was in secondary school then.

Today, many con people still use this trick everywhere and I have encounted several in Singapore, HK & China. They are of all races, Chinese, Indian, etc. I even once encountered a lady using this trick inside the immigration area of Changi Airport!! I really cannot remember what excuse she gave me but no one would need to "borrow" money in airport area surely. I just gave her a very dirty look and walk away.

Usually the stranger will start with "Hey Mr, Mr." or equivalent in Mandarin". Ignore them. Hard hearted but you really can't be too careful nowadays. This is especially so if you are in a foreign country. I also tried the "go to the police station" advice a couple of times and they would quickly disappear.

But I have never come across being hynotised. Sounds rather scary.

And also never lend your handphone to any strangers. If they need help so badly, they should go to the police.

This is actually a very old trick. I encountered a man asking me for money to take bus once saying he lost his wallet or something similar. That was more than 30 years ago along Orchard Road near Heeren Building. I can't remember whether I gave him any. Within a week at around the same place, he again approach me for money with the same excuse. I told him he cannot use the same trick twice. I was in secondary school then.

Today, many con people still use this trick everywhere and I have encounted several in Singapore, HK & China. They are of all races, Chinese, Indian, etc. I even once encountered a lady using this trick inside the immigration area of Changi Airport!! I really cannot remember what excuse she gave me but no one would need to "borrow" money in airport area surely. I just gave her a very dirty look and walk away.

Usually the stranger will start with "Hey Mr, Mr." or equivalent in Mandarin". Ignore them. Hard hearted but you really can't be too careful nowadays. This is especially so if you are in a foreign country. I also tried the "go to the police station" advice a couple of times and they would quickly disappear.

But I have never come across being hynotised. Sounds rather scary.

And also never lend your handphone to any strangers. If they need help so badly, they should go to the police.

gosh.... my friend give him his hand phone nos. :unsure::unsure: i think my friend is a very kind soul, that's why he fall into their tricks. :(:(

ya... heard alot of bad cases about china people, dont know why they behave like this. i used to work with china people 10years ago, they are very hardworking and friendly.......... but now all are very pretentious and lazy, very money-minded..... they work very hard in front of bosses but take super long break when bosses are not around, pretend very friendly in front of you and later back-stab you, they cheat, they lie.... any bad things they all do :angry::angry::angry:

now i will believe that all these china people are bad.... especially the recent case of study-mama... now i got no trust and pity on them anymore. :swear:

Sometime about a month ago there was one chubby China guy who was quite well-dressed up, roamed around Clementi Central, near to the NTUC, asking people for some money too. I was approached by him.

His face was very pleasant looking (the type I like the most :rolleyes: ) chubby body (hmmmmm..... :P ) and very soothing voice ( :oops: ).

He told me that his wallet was lost and got no money to eat or go back to his place... asked for about $30.

Felt something fishy leh... <_< so just rejected his request.

Always becareful when being approached by such 'artistes' and dont get 'con' .... :whistle:

i kena conned before, near Shaw Center, young couple said lost luggage etc. asked me to call china for help, when they spoke to the person, they passed the phone to me and the person asked me to take care of his grandchild and he would rush to Singapore tomorrow.

to cut a story short, i never see that $30 ever again :P

now i prefered to use the police trick, if they are geniune, they will not be afraid to go to police station (reporting lost luggage what).

i met up with another couple again years later, this time older ladies. same story, i took out my mobile, instead of calling that number, i dialled 999, purposely spoke in Mandarin to the officer in charge, the couple immediately ran away...

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Guest Guest_guest

heard many stories of china people, i think that what it is told are truth... con man, study mama, wang na murder, that china girl murder by his supervisor bf (cant remember her name)... and many more :angry:

to be fair, when i was in china, i heard about stories where SG married men trick young girls into relationship and promptly dumped them when the men were posted back or the girls got pregnant.

esp in factory where lotsa china girls from the rural area and SG supervisors.

a friend told me that everytime a group of new hires reported for work, the SG men (some even management level) would rush to take a preview and some girls quickly got promoted to personal assistance.... :P

my point is evil comes in all shape and sizes

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Quite sad to learn that the Chinese people have fallen to this depth. 5,000 years of civilisation... and it crystallizes into the lying, cheating, con-artist wannabe, massage mamas, and other low life riff raff...

Of course, the other extreme is the nuclear weapon totting space cruisers and the billionaire newly rich people who have lost most of the chinese culture anyway.

Or should we just blame the bloody Communists and Chairman Mao and wife for royally screwing up one billion chinese for 40 years of screwed up communist rule? Under CKS, also no better... except perhaps just follow the Russian Czars route until the commies rise to make things equal...

I do not sympathise with them at all... for they have lost all sense of self worth and dignity. And they do not wish to regain it... they now only wish to get rich quick and easy.

I am only glad that my forefathers had the good sense to leave mainland for the funny island in the sea... actually Malaya... and do some real business there.

It amuses me to think that most of Chinese 'traditions' and 'culture' is now located in the Chinatowns around the world, and SE Asia...

"Better Red than Educated" is the war cry of the Commie Red Youth Brigade... hahaha yeah right... I wonder how they feel now if they are still alive today.

so sad...

I agree with Oralb that evil comes in all shape and sizes and regardless of nationality. As China has more than 1 billion population, it is natural to find all types of people both good and bad. I have many China colleagues and they are basically good and caring people. I have also encountered con-women who are Singaporean. There is this particular stocky girl (with round eyes and round face) who would tell you sob sob stories and ask for money. I just saw her in Clementi a couple of days ago approaching a young man. I think people gave her $2 to $10 dollars. Once I saw her changing the small notes for more than 4 $50 notes with a hawker. I guess that's must be her day's taking. Not bad huh?

I have been approached by "Con"-china ladies, couples and men who claimed that they have lost their wallet, short of cash for transportaton, no money for food ..blah blah blah. In the end, I tackled the situation without a single cent coming out from my pocket. Why and how?

I juz ask/or direct them to go to the nearby neighbourhood police station or Community centre to seek for help or I will say that I will make a phone call 999 to talk the police officer for assistance. The moment I said that, they will usually say to me "NeverMind and Thank you". This method works for me all the time.

I am not trying to be mean to these people(No doubt, con-man or not, I can't be 100% sure), but since this is a social problem, I will leave it to the government servants to handle.

Warmth Regards,

Hary

Hi Hary,

Good suggestions. Heehee, why didn't I think of that. :D

Anyway, I have taught my mom to use this very brilliant trick, to trick them back if she even encounter such con-artist.

Thanks so much.

• Guest locked this topic