Male HQ

Windows 7

IkuTube

In about 8 hours, Windows 7 will be launched.

For those [haha, got really nothing to do] can head to Challenger Funan to grab the Home Premium Version Upgrade at $77 [usual price $219) - only for the 1st 177 challenger members. From 178th customer onwards, it is $147. Q starts 7 pm today at level 5.

To find out if your PC is able to run windows 7, Download and Run the Upgrade Advisor

Windows 7 Products and Comparison -- Windows 7 Editions

Can't wait to get my hands on this OS.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Go give it a shot. I like Windows 7. I bypassed Windows Vista so I don't know how laggy it is.

Having used Windows 7 since the Beta (until the current RTM), I have no major complaints about it.

I like the part about Microsoft being open to suggestions and criticisms now. They would rectify the fault (if any) and explore the possibility of enhancement, if need be. So awesome! :D

Love me for a Reason, Let the Reason be Love. (from 'Love Me For A Reason', Boyzone)

i read that there has been a lot of mixed review on Windows 7

not a lot of differences from Vista, can be said a stabilized Vista, which led to others commented that they had been paying for MS Vista to help MS solve the bugs issue, so W7 should be a free upgrade.

As for XP users, it involved completely un-install every software and re-install again in W7. Something like getting a new machine.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

i read that there has been a lot of mixed review on Windows 7

not a lot of differences from Vista, can be said a stabilized Vista, which led to others commented that they had been paying for MS Vista to help MS solve the bugs issue, so W7 should be a free upgrade.

As for XP users, it involved completely un-install every software and re-install again in W7. Something like getting a new machine.

Well, you'd need to try it out for yourself and decide whether you like it or not. Having used Windows XP and Windows 7, I still prefer the versatility of XP. Windows 7 has too many blings which I don't really need. :)

Love me for a Reason, Let the Reason be Love. (from 'Love Me For A Reason', Boyzone)

babylue, did u use on 2 different machines or upgraded from XP to W7?

If upgrade, do you need to re-install everything?

Not really. I'm running Mac OSX Snow Leopard now, with Bootcamp (dual-boot) to Windows 7. Previously, I was using Leopard with Windows XP.

I am quite anal about having a 'clean' system, so I don't upgrade my Windows (or OSX, for that matter). I prefer performing a fresh installation.

In answer to your question, yes, I needed to reinstall everything.

Not really. I'm running Mac OSX Snow Leopard now, with Bootcamp (dual-boot) to Windows 7. Previously, I was using Leopard with Windows XP.

I am quite anal about having a 'clean' system, so I don't upgrade my Windows (or OSX, for that matter). I prefer performing a fresh installation.

In answer to your question, yes, I needed to reinstall everything.

Anyone has lobang?

so ex now aiyoh!!!

Anyone has lobang?

so ex now aiyoh!!!

Try the OEM retail full version:

Windows Home Premium $190 +/-

Windows Pro $255 +/-

Windows Ultimate 7 $350 +/-

I think the OEM full version comes only with either 32bit OR 64bit unlike the full retail.

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

Thank you for your effort to update us.

No probs.

M$ has updated the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - there is no longer the beta version.

With this new Advisor, it gives you the report if your PC can run the 32bit or 64bit.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b544e90-7659-4bd9-9e51-2497c146af15&displaylang=en

will it be better to wait for the new hardware (touch screen) to exploit the full potential of Window7?

Hehe, you have a point there. But the cost of a touch screen is still on the high side now.

Thing is, windows7 is a long awaited OS where Vista left many users [particularly the early years] frustrated with lots of issues.

The good thing for WinXP users, there will still be support for 4/5 years.

Guest Engineer

Alamak tennis uncle,

Win7 is good leh .. hehehe, of cos for pple who no like Macs lah :twisted:

Many people, including me, thought all current lcds can turn into touch screen when Win7 is installed leh. We think it is software driven which is not true lah. Haha, and M$ also clever as not to write/publish much about this touch screen that users need to buy. Already the OS is not cheap ah!

LOL, maybe the shower presenter kena sabo. While he wants to boast about Win7 and touch screen monitor, they purposely gave him a non touch screen? :swear:

Indeed, Windows 7 is soooooooooo much faster! - from installation to booting up system. So far, no driver issues for 64bit.

For XP users who are thinking to migrate to Win7, do note that [if you are using] Outlook Express is no longer available. As such, all your dbx files [storing of your messages] will not be able to be imported to Windows Live Mail.

Guys, I found this useful site to guide for Outlook Express migration of messages to Windows Live Mail. It works.

http://emailsupport.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!5D6F5A79A79B6708!5699.entry

To drag your archived messages to the current email account in WLM:

http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!219.entry

Window 7 Whopper @ Burger King Japan.

This promo came on 22nd Oct and its supposed to end yesterday (28th) But because of the good reviews they are prolonging till 6th Nov..

I am going to give this a try too :rolleyes:

Check this out:

http://www.burgerkingjapan.co.jp/news/win7.php

Only offered to the first 30 customers for the day for 777 yen.

Normal price 1450 yen

Edited by Andy@Tokyo

I tot buying the OS for around US 7! I would ask Andy to buy for me :P

but 7 layers of meat patties? that's what cardiologist would faint if seeing their patients eat that :) imagine all the preservatives and sodium in that burger alone...

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

• 1 month later...

Just upgraded my Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional. I bought the upgrade at Sitex @ Expo.

I noticed that during installation, I am able to do a Custom install and clear all data to restart with a fresh Windows. I wonder if that is a loop hole for those who don't want to pay for the full price of $500+ (ultimate) of a full package but instead buy an upgrade version?

I bought my Win 7 pro upg for $320 and was given $35 vouchers.

• 1 month later...
Guest victor

In Windows 7, moving the cursor would sometimes cause the active screen page(s) to turn blank leaving only the outline or border of the page(s). I suppose the purpose of that is to prevent preying eyes from seeing.

What is the setting to change to avoid that happening?

• 1 month later...
Guest eBay buyer

I am puzzled why in eBay (outside of Singapore) there are sellers of Windows 7 for either 32 or 64-bit only.

I thought all editions come in 2 discs, one for 32 and the other for 64-bit and purchased as one item.

And that having used one disc, the other disc automatically cannot be activated for use on another system since both share the same Key.

Is it safe to buy when the seller states that it comes in only one disc, either 32 or 64 but not both? (He might have already used the other disc and is attempting to sell the other).

I am puzzled why in eBay (outside of Singapore) there are sellers of Windows 7 for either 32 or 64-bit only.

I thought all editions come in 2 discs, one for 32 and the other for 64-bit and purchased as one item.

And that having used one disc, the other disc automatically cannot be activated for use on another system since both share the same Key.

Is it safe to buy when the seller states that it comes in only one disc, either 32 or 64 but not both? (He might have already used the other disc and is attempting to sell the other).

Chance is, it is an OEM version. You pay a slightly higher price for an edition that comes with 2 discs.

• 1 month later...
Guest curious

In doing a clean install from an upgrade version, is there a need to change the boot sequence to boot from the DVD when, without doing so, running setup allows the option of upgrade or custom (advanced) installation? (I am taking clean and custom to be one and same thing)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.