Male HQ

Taking Care Of Aged Folks

jason

any guys currently staying with your aged folks and have experiences of taking care of them ? Am staying with dad and mum in their 70s. Dad is having cataract while mum is suffering from parkinson and is home bound. whenever, we encourage her to go out, she'd rather choose to stay at home as she's self conscious being wheeled around. At times, her saliva dripping and she looks bored. Feel quiet sad. :(

any guys currently staying with your aged folks and have experiences of taking care of them ? Am staying with dad and mum in their 70s. Dad is having cataract while mum is suffering from parkinson and is home bound. whenever, we encourage her to go out, she'd rather choose to stay at home as she's self conscious being wheeled around. At times, her saliva dripping and she looks bored. Feel quiet sad. :(

Dear Jason,

Really feel sorry for what you have to got through.

Hope they will get better.

Asking for help here means you really love them and in a dilemna.

Have faith, for help may come knocking at your door in unexpected way sometimes.

Again , sorry to hear this.

Looking after aged-parents is one of the most common family issues in Singapore.

Personally, I have an old mother who happens to be wheel-chaired bound.

She rarely goes out of the flat but with ample sunshine beaming into the flat, she is not deprived.

Perhaps, I am luckier in one area - I am able to engage an Indonesian domestic helper to assist me for the past few years. My mom is a happier person than when she was hospitalised! My current job is quite demanding but I insist of having dinner with her at least twice weekly. I, together with the maid, take her out every now and then.

If you have the financial ability, get a helper... it is less depressing for you.

• Guest locked this topic