Male HQ

The Best Ramen

I went to Mandarine Gallery last night and saw this place called Ippudo Sg, another good place for Ramen's.

I ordered Shiromaru Classic $15 and Akamaru Modern $15 star springy bites of poker-straight noodles. Both bowls boast a favourful broth that is robust yet light on the palate. Which means you can slurp every drop without fear of heartburn. Must Try the Pork Bun. :thumb: :thumb:

Enjoy.. :thumb:

• 5 months later...

Ippudo, Santouka and Marutama are all pretty good.

Santouka has a new outlet near Robinson.

Marutama is also in the Central on the 3rd floor. Char siew is very good.

Among the three, i prefer Ippudo as the nooble is more fine and soup has very good flavour. But the char siew is not as good as

the other 2 outlets.

Dunno abt the others but Thumbs up for Ramen Santouka !!! esp the shio ramen if u like salty ones + the special pork ! Yummy !

To bake & make people happy ... But am i happy baking ? hmmmm I just have to , cos if not people will not like what I baked ! P/s : We can exchange pointers BUT please don't just private me just to ask for recipes ! Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

dont try the latest season ramen from Ippudo..the

"ma po "tofu thingy.

If i were to give the usual ramen there 8/10, the latest is merely a 5/10.

Just stick to the usual ramen there.

I didn't know they have ma po tofu version now.

Haven't been there in a while actually.

Wonder if the Japanese staff are still there.

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest disillusioned

Not too long ago, a friend brought me to this place with really good ramen, comparable to Santouka and Marutama.

It's called Tonkotsu King, located in Orchid Hotel, which is near Tanjong Pagar MRT. It's a really small cosy outlet and the queue was really LONG. But do not be daunted by the long queue, it actually moves pretty fast. Your orders are taken while you are queueing outside, and by the time you get inside, your meal will be served to you in less than 5 minutes.

The broth is really flavourful, and you get to choose from 3 different bases: black, white and red. I had the black base broth and there were hints of garlic and soy sauce carried by the rich pork bone broth. Noodles were really thin and springy. For those who don't like their noodles al dente, you can let the chefs know by choosing your "doneness" for your noodles on the order form. Grinding some toasted sesame seeds to top your ramen is optional, but I highly recommend you do it, it really enhances the flavour and the experience you get when eating the ramen.

Do give this awesome ramen a try, it's worth every cent!

• 2 weeks later...

Personally i tried Ippudo @ Mandarin gallery before. Had the one with the black soup which is one of their signature. Noodles are really good as for the soup base i find it kinda of oily.. Haha you may call me weird but i kinda of like Ajisen ramen more among all those branded ramen shops i tried in Singapore .

Not too long ago, a friend brought me to this place with really good ramen, comparable to Santouka and Marutama.

It's called Tonkotsu King, located in Orchid Hotel, which is near Tanjong Pagar MRT. It's a really small cosy outlet and the queue was really LONG. But do not be daunted by the long queue, it actually moves pretty fast. Your orders are taken while you are queueing outside, and by the time you get inside, your meal will be served to you in less than 5 minutes.

The broth is really flavourful, and you get to choose from 3 different bases: black, white and red. I had the black base broth and there were hints of garlic and soy sauce carried by the rich pork bone broth. Noodles were really thin and springy. For those who don't like their noodles al dente, you can let the chefs know by choosing your "doneness" for your noodles on the order form. Grinding some toasted sesame seeds to top your ramen is optional, but I highly recommend you do it, it really enhances the flavour and the experience you get when eating the ramen.

Do give this awesome ramen a try, it's worth every cent!

2nd that. didn't like the chicken noodles cousin in amara that much tho.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ippudo is seriously overrated. There's one near my house and the broth is just a salt overload.

Just came back from japan and had the best bowls at the Tokyo Ramen Street.

I think tampopo at Liang Court is pretty decent though.

:) of course you can't compare with Japan :)

But yeah, Ippudo in Singapore is a bit overrated... and expensive for the handful amount of ramen you get in the bowl. And the queue is insane during lunch time at Mandarin Gallery.

We prefer Santouka at Cuppage Terrace. Price wise it's about the same but their pork cheeks are yummy (and I'm someone who doesn't like fatty stuff) and you get more ramen for your buck.

I had the stupid idea to try Ajisen at Tampines Mall the other day.... Soup not good, ramen so-so. And I think I got food poisoning from there cuz I got sick almost all weekend....

Edited by Enelym1978

Guest Ramen lover

I often go to Musashi Ramen at Ion or Raffles City. Delicious. When I am hungry, I would order their tsukemen (dipping ramen) where you can order up to 5x the amount of noodles at no extra charge. Remember to order the extra noodles at the beginning because they don't allow top-up ordering.

If someone loved trying new ramen and needs company, drop a post here, and we can go try together.

I often go to Musashi Ramen at Ion or Raffles City. Delicious. When I am hungry, I would order their tsukemen (dipping ramen) where you can order up to 5x the amount of noodles at no extra charge. Remember to order the extra noodles at the beginning because they don't allow top-up ordering.

If someone loved trying new ramen and needs company, drop a post here, and we can go try together.

Woohoo~~ I love ramen!! But expensive :(

I just went to Menya Musashi at Bugis Junction (basement) and had the dry tom yam ramen... it was delicious. Will go back to try their other items!

• 2 months later...

Tried Ikkousha Hakata Ramen twice and i absolutely love it. Same like most, they've got free flow hard boiled eggs.

Soup base wise, it's great as well. The amount of MSG they put in their soup is not as much as compared to most.

And i like the way customers place their order. 

At every seat, there is a seat number. So when you write your order on the order slip, you include in your seat number and they will serve it right to you. 

Save the hassle of wondering who ordered what and accidentally taking your friend's order.

http://danielfooddiary.com/2014/02/22/ikkousha/

My preference:

1. Miharu Ramen ( at Gallery Hotel )

2. Santoka ( at Central, Nice view at evening especially from 5:30 to 7:00 / shop house behind Center point cos near my office. )

3. Tonkichi ( at Scott Isetan )

4. In Japan, you could enjoy Ramen anywhere.

5. Ippudo ( Poor service standard )

My preference:

1. Miharu Ramen ( at Gallery Hotel )

2. Santoka ( at Central, Nice view at evening especially from 5:30 to 7:00 / shop house behind Center point cos near my office. )

3. Tonkichi ( at Scott Isetan )

4. In Japan, you could enjoy Ramen anywhere.

5. Ippudo ( Poor service standard )

Tonkichi is good for ramen meh? I have never tried their ramen. I thought their specialty is fried katsu only.

That awkward moment when you say goodbye and then walk in the same direction...

• 8 months later...

Ajisen taste like maggi mee thought, although its nice but it taste unreal.

RamenPlay, got the soft soft egg, I like!!!!

(Tiger Den) - i dont really know whats the shop name, but they have chinese characters written tiger's den, i feel their soup very little, Ramen is not bad =)

Ippudo - I feel its nice, probably cuz Japan have its branch as well.

Recently fell in love with Osaka Ohsho... Their Omelette Rice is damn nice... some stores like at Vivocity have teriyaki chicken and chicken cutlet topping as well... Oishii! =)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fyi...Tampopo at Liang Court: having SG50 promotion... - Various ramen and a few other dishes generously discounted for those above 50 yrs old (must show IC). Wonderful ramens for below $10!  :thumb: 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.