Male HQ

The Case Of A & B (Money Matter)

cock brand

"A was going to Bangkok ..." type-po error? :)

"if don't kaypoh won't get pickpocket.." what was the story behind this statement

$500 singapore dollars wat to buy in BBK? if B brought how is he going to carry back all those stuff? 500 baht is it? to buy some thailand tibits? ask anyone who will give $500 to friends to buy souvenir?A must be eating too much craps?

And its up to your friend whether to carry the cash physically with him overseas knowing he can purchase with cards.

I believe my friends mentioned here would behave similarly.

i cant believe this problem still going like forever!

I believe most people would carry cash when travelling to Bkk, cos the exchange rates from cards are not worth it and not all places accepts cards.

Another thing im confused is why so many people suggesting B to return the money to A. U guys are not thinking with a clear mind. I thought most of u are smart... wow am i wrong.

Andy gave Bob the money to buy some stuff, so when the money got stolen in Bob's hand, its still Andy's money.

This is not the bank case, where the bank should be responsible, cos the bank buy insurances and they needed your money as their customer. While Andy certainly didnt buy any travel insurance for Bob, and Bob only doing him a favor.

Sure, most of u say Bob should be responsible, but he didnt ask for it to be stolen, its an avoidable mishap. Bob's own money was stolen too on the way to buy Andy's stuff. Andy on the other hand, should be happy that Bob didnt ask him to reimburse Bob's own stolen money, cos Bob wont be taken that route had Andy didnt ask him to buy the stuff. And not to mentioned his whole trip to Bkk was spoiled and turned into nightmare just because of wanting to do Andy a favor.

Other similar scenarios:

If Andy insisted on parking his car in Bob's garage one day, and the garage got broken into and both their cars got stolen, should Andy ask Bob to replace a new car to him? The answer is no, because its Andy's own responsible to place the car in Bob's garage in the first place.

Hopes this brings a solution to the problem. No need to thank me.

boy am i smart or what...

Edited by imchaser

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

i cant believe this problem still going like forever!

I believe most people would carry cash when travelling to Bkk, cos the exchange rates from cards are not worth it and not all places accepts cards.

Another thing im confused is why so many people suggesting B to return the money to A. U guys are not thinking with a clear mind. I thought most of u are smart... wow am i wrong.

Andy gave Bob the money to buy some stuff, so when the money got stolen in Bob's hand, its still Andy's money.

This is not the bank case, where the bank should be responsible, cos the bank buy insurances and they needed your money as their customer. While Andy certainly didnt buy any travel insurance for Bob, and Bob only doing him a favor.

Sure, most of u say Bob should be responsible, but he didnt ask for it to be stolen, its an avoidable mishap. Bob's own money was stolen too on the way to buy Andy's stuff. Andy on the other hand, should be happy that Bob didnt ask him to reimburse Bob's own stolen money, cos Bob wont be taken that route had Andy didnt ask him to buy the stuff. And not to mentioned his whole trip to Bkk was spoiled and turned into nightmare just because of wanting to do Andy a favor.

Other similar scenarios:

If Andy insisted on parking his car in Bob's garage one day, and the garage got broken into and both their cars got stolen, should Andy ask Bob to replace a new car to him? The answer is no, because its Andy's own responsible to place the car in Bob's garage in the first place.

Hopes this brings a solution to the problem. No need to thank me.

boy am i smart or what...

We wouldn't thank you because we now realize what kind of person you can be, should you be B.

The Car example is not really a good one.

Simple. Both cars are stolen. B didn't seal A's car

But what we want to know is what really happened to the cash, and how did B recover and follow up the matter.

In fact the latter act is more important.

You just need to do the necessaries when you encounter a theft - just report to the police, and produce whatever documents

for A to see. Let A decide how the matter should be settled.

In fact both should sit down and compromise how the matter should be settled.

If I was their third party friend, I would try to interfere as little as possible, because thats between them. Most people come to you only when they got a problem.

As a third party I will watch them and see what they say and do that will let me determine who can be trusted as a friend in future.

Rather getting involved, I rather 'benefit' myself from learning what kind of characters they really unfold about themselves.

Edited by TheVistors

Phew!

Finally amicably settled over dinner last night.

First, thanks to all those who posted in their reasonings, analyses, interpretations, rationalizations, etc.

And for those who thought that you can only buy tit-bits in BKK, sorry, your knowledge of BKK is really pathetically limited!

Here is what actually happened.

Actually A had ready all the while written off that $500.

But being human, he just had to bitch and grumble a little for the lost, its not a small sum anyway. He did not tell anyone his intention cos he just wanted to "torment" B a little and also see how he will behave (this he told me later).

B took A's money and decided not to take much of his to BKK and use that $500 as his cos he can make the purchases with his cards in BKK.

When he was pickpocket, it was his last day in BKK. The lost was only about 5,000 bahts (about S$220) He did not buy anything cos he was so frustrated by the police station incident and also running out of time. He had actually prepared to return the money to A but did not do so just to see how A will react.

Both talked to me earlier thought they could hear from me what the other chap is going to do about the lost money but I was not talking.

So finally A, who thought the money is gone for good, got his money back decided to treat us to dinner.

I'm glad to have them as friends, a bit noisy, bitchy and kwai-lan at times but they are really fine fellas. :thumb:

A : they should have gang-rape you in the police station!

B : I was hoping they did, especially by the 3 or 4 hunky ones I was eyeing all the while! Then I'll go BKK a few times a year liao!

Me : bitch!

Sorry but after reading the result, I feel "bad" and "sorry" for both of A & B. :wacko:

B lied and A & B are bad when thinking of using this "money" case to "test" their friendship, it is worst way. :huh:

Just my personal opinion.

Sometimes, the greatest journey is the distance between two people

Guest listener

Sorry but after reading the result, I feel "bad" and "sorry" for both of A & B. :wacko:

B lied and A & B are bad when thinking of using this "money" case to "test" their friendship, it is worst way. :huh:

so drama. nothing better to do? this taught him a lesson never give friends big sum of money to purchase things better do it yrself. not careful might even lost a friend or settle in court? wat a fool A is.

You are too serious babe!

It was just more of a "prank" or practical joke between friends instead of a mean test of honesty and friendship!

Don't we all sometimes do it and I'm sure you've done it before.

As for A and B, did I said that they are the kwai-lan type?

If they are really that mean as in your interpretation of their character, the outcome will not be amicable.

If B is dishonest, he can just said that A's money were all stolen and refuse to pay back!

If A is mean, he will not buy dinner even after getting his money back, something he already written off.

And B didn't lied, all the money was indeed stolen, just that he didn't initially said how much.

Actually, before last night and B's "story" told, I was quite certain that A will forgo his claim and B will reimburse.

As I have said, they may bitch a little, but when come to the real issue, true character will emerge.

Guest o mi to fu

It was just more of a "prank" or practical joke between friends instead of a mean test of honesty and friendship!

too free? please devote yr time to do some soul searching or put it in some charity work than playing prank or practical jokes between friends.

I'm glad to have them as friends.......

I feel sorry for u Cockbrand.....

And not only did they cheated u and each other just to test their reaction and friendship, they also cheated us and our precious time.

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Guest disappointed

I feel sorry for u Cockbrand.....

And not only did they cheated u and each other just to test their reaction and friendship, they also cheated us and our precious time.

award for person that cannot be trusted go to cock brand.maybe shpuld change to talk cock . still i believe giving a small sums to friends to go overseas buy thailand tibits is better.

Guest Guest

As for A and B, did I said that they are the kwai-lan type?

If they are really that mean as in your interpretation of their character, the outcome will not be amicable.

If B is dishonest, he can just said that A's money were all stolen and refuse to pay back!

If A is mean, he will not buy dinner even after getting his money back, something he already written off.

And B didn't lied, all the money was indeed stolen, just that he didn't initially said how much.

Actually, before last night and B's "story" told, I was quite certain that A will forgo his claim and B will reimburse.

As I have said, they may bitch a little, but when come to the real issue, true character will emerge.

Hi C Brand,

I am one of the people who spent some time putting forward my opinion. Please dont take what I am going to say the wrong way. I think you have been caught up in the whole thing unintentionally too and that you were wanting to help your friends. I am annoyed at your friends - I think their attitude is too cavalier. I am also annoyed that I have invested some of my time in trying to share and solve the problem at hand. I am glad it ended amicably but I think I can reflect some of what others might be thinking but not saying, that it was a total waste of my time.

Take care and I hope your friends dont get you involved in any more of their future childish games.

Ooppps, I thought the topic was "serious" :rolleyes: . Anyway, nevermind :twisted:

Sometimes, the greatest journey is the distance between two people

maybe we all dont know your 2 friends characters, but may i boldly said that I dont think you know them that well. well coz if you do, it would not been a problem for you to post and asked for advice in the 1st place.

When it comes to $, this type of practical joke can turn very ugly. I would agree that both are using this to test each other's friendship, hence the long delay (you posted in 23rd Feb and this only settled on the 28th Feb) plus your intervention.

Let's assumed that B really lost $500, he could feel very anxious and more importantly letting down his friend's trust and money. If I will A, I will try my best to immediately assure him esp if I know B had gone thro pick-pocketed and police report in a foreign city, i can still bitch, but at least letting B knows the money and friendship are not an issue.

B is ever worst, he didnt disclose the truth and did so "just to see how A will react." (quoting your word)In short B lied, he lied to test the friendship.

Cockbrand, if I were you, I will be quite unhappy with both of them. As being a friend, you are genuinely concern on how this incident affected the 2 mutual friends relationship. And yet the crucial question i wanted to ask is, if both see this as a practical joke to the other party, how come none of them tell you about it?

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

• Guest locked this topic