Male HQ

Stomach Cramps

Guest help needed

Guest help needed

hi guys...anyone ever experience severe stomach cramps while doing sits up or exercise...

i do check online and stomach cramps is one of the symptoms of colon cancer...any kind souls to give their views..

thanks

You might want to go and see a doctor and get a Colonoscopy if u suspect that you might have cancer of the colon.

What you get here in the forum will most probably be rectal penetration from fellow couch quacks which may not help you in determining your problem of a cramped stomach.

Actually there is nothing to panic. There are few reasons you get cramps when you workout.

You didn't do warm up before you exercise

You didn't stretch in between each workout out set to relieve the tension built-up

Your metabolism is burning up all the calories you have consumed. You need to eat sufficient nutrients.

You are experiencing dehydration. When the body experiences dehydration, it tense up the muscles so as to store whatever fluid remains. It is trying to save as much fluid as much as possible. Muscle cramping is a way the body protects itself, by discouraging further workout movements that will lost more body fluid

You have a weak back. Thus when you do situp you tend to cramp. The back and abs muscles are somehow connected

Most important of all. you really lack this ion called potassium chloride, not really sodium chloride.

Your muscle fibres and nerves needs potassuim chloride to function. Lack of it stiffens the muscle, makes you feel giddy your eyes feeling dry(also sights of dehydration) and restlessness. It somehow delay muscle recovery'

You can purchase 150mg of potassium tablets (orange colour) only in the presence of a pharmcist without prescription.

they are abt 15cents each.

Because it is meant for lowering the heartbeat for people with hypertension, it has a smoothing effect. So take it at night before you sleep or after workout, and not before, or else you will feeling sleepy during workout.

Also increase your B complex and B12 to combine with potassium to enhance performance and prevent cramps

If your symptons still persist, you may want to seek professional medical advise

Edited by TheVistors

anyone suffering IBS?

I always feel bloated and want to go toilet to poo especially after a meal. its always false alarm.

I always feel assured and relived when i am at home and when i am in a place im comfortable with knowing there is a clean toilet.

sometimes i can shit well and sometimes i cant. ..the frequency and quantity of poo also in a mess.

For those suffering from IBS, taking good bacteria such as lactobacillus may help. Try getting VSL#3, a box of 30 capsules containing live freeze dried lactic acid bacteria from a good pharmacy such as Guardian in Centrepoint, Remember to keep in fridge. Hope you get well soon.

Guest i think

there is a difference between stomach pain (inside...as in like the organs in your body) and muscle cramp. If its stomach muscle cramp, its really nothing wrong. I get it quite often as well...sometimes its something to do with not warming the muscle up enough, or maybe overdoing it...i find that when i get it, its hard to stand up properly...but what i do is to stretch out completely i.e. stretch and pull the muscle around stomach area and you will find that it slowly relaxes it and it will go away.

• Guest locked this topic