Male HQ

Take Good Care Of Your Belonging In Kl

Guest Rah

Hi i just wan to share my story from my friend you guy here. It happened in a 5 star hotel gym room. My friend was in KL last week on business trip. After his work, he would go the the gym to work out. So he bring his pouch with him to the gym room. Inside his pouch had his wallet ,watch and his HP with him. After he came back from his work out. He find his locker door been forced open. Everything had been stolen. He very angry as it happen in a 5 star hotel..... Duno should he suay or what..... In a 5 star hotel, this type of thing can happen... very scary...... Got to take care of your thing when you are oversea.....

Guest another

this seems to happen everywhere. (i.e. having things lost even in a locked locker in an exclusive hotel)

i myself was surprised when it happened to me in our very own 6 star hotel. when i reported it, the staff was kinda defensive, but when i told him that i am not blaming them, and i just want to report what happen, she then calmed down.

now they have safe inside the lockers to keep guest's valuables.

speaking of experience of a 5 star hotel gym, normally all lockers will be locked.

so the only ways that the culprit knew his locker is occuipied are either the culprit was in the locker room or he saw the locker list.

that would have narrowed down the list

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

In the first place, why do you need to bring so many things to go to the gym. Just locked everything in your hotel room safe or in your own luggage bag. Just bring the hotel room key to the gym will do lor. Everything can be paid via your account which will be charged to your room.

In the first place, why do you need to bring so many things to go to the gym. Just locked everything in your hotel room safe or in your own luggage bag. Just bring the hotel room key to the gym will do lor. Everything can be paid via your account which will be charged to your room.

Yalor! Some people take their own safety and safety of their belongings for granted. A 5 star hotel will definitely have a safe in the room. Why didn't your friend use it? Dont' tell me he come back only head straight to gym? Or from gym straight check out? He has no one to blame for his stupidity.

5 star hotel sure got cctv what

even in gyms locker room

I remember the last time I was there the aussie insisted there was a cctv in the jacuzzi recording our underwater gropings. I insisted it couldnt be there but if it was I was going to put a good show for them.

so didnt u insist on going to security and ask them to show u the cctv replay

Hi i just wan to share my story from my friend you guy here. It happened in a 5 star hotel gym room. My friend was in KL last week on business trip. After his work, he would go the the gym to work out. So he bring his pouch with him to the gym room. Inside his pouch had his wallet ,watch and his HP with him. After he came back from his work out. He find his locker door been forced open. Everything had been stolen. He very angry as it happen in a 5 star hotel..... Duno should he suay or what..... In a 5 star hotel, this type of thing can happen... very scary...... Got to take care of your thing when you are oversea.....

Those cases must be the job of syndicate who would strike all exclusive places as in those places found more valuable items to steal ..…. Similar case was also happened here about 6 months when the thieves stole from lockers of golfer’s changing rooms in our exclusive golf clubs too :swear:

Quote: Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at them. ~ US Professional Golfer Jimmy Demaret

Quote: If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play at it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf. ~ Actor Bob Hope (1903 - 2003)

I think it is important to take care of personal belongings when overseas.

Imagine the hussle especially if passport is missing!

Mine got stolen when I was in BKK!

As it was a Friday night, I had to wait until Monday to reprot to the Embassy.

Then incurred extra charges for hotel stay, as I as supposed to check out on Saturday and fly back.

Luckily for me, I was covered by insurance. So not much losses (in terms of $ sense). Actually gain a bit bec my extra 4 days were paid for..... too bad they didn't pay for the extras I had in those 4 days :twisted:

I think you should also take care of your belongings when in Singapore.

Yup i agree that we must look after our belonging all times but the fact is no matter how careful we are, we can avoid sometimes. Is true that every countries do have such cases, just depends how often & how fierce & daring the robbers are.

Someone claim that people should not believe too much on local papers reports but i do, cos Singapore still well know as One of the Safe Country

Leave your handphone lying on a hawker center table and you'll discover how safe Singapore really is.

That's pure careless... stupidity for inviting crimes..

Nothing to do with safety...

At least u may still have a small chance of getting it back... I've witnessed it personally. A phone left behind by a friend. Someone called me as I was the last person my friend called. I went to take the phone from the person who "found" the phone lying at the table at the hawker centre.

Maybe my friend's phone didn't worth much :D

Home burgled when owner was on holiday

The Straits Times

Oct 17, 2006

A MAN returned from a 10-day holiday to find his Thomson Road apartment burgled and $70,000 in cash and items missing.

The man, who is in his mid-30s, returned to his second-floor home on Saturday night and found the wooden door damaged.

All three bedrooms had been ransacked.

Missing were watches worth about $24,000 and his girlfriend's jewellery, valued at about $40,000. He also lost $3,000 in cash and a $4,000 laptop.

Police advise the public not to keep an excessive amount of valuables at home.

If there is to be no one at home for a while, home owners can alert the neighbourhood police centres so police can keep watch.

Which country doesn't have crime....

The local police also have advertised.... "Low Crime Doesn't Mean No Crime".

Here we are talking about the GENERAL situation that the crime situation in Singapore is managable. At this rate we are going, some1 else is going post another crime, another 1 post 1 crime...... If this goes on, there will be tons of pages...

I posted that my passport was stolen. It was by some motocyclist who grabbed by bag from behind. At the tourist police, the office told me that it was quite common. Then at SIA, when I went to change my flight, the staff told me that her female colleague, who was seated beside her then, was aalso a victim of such a crime.

Let's get on with it.

OMG.... When ever did I say or give the notion that there are no snatch theft in Singapore. Of course there were, there are and there will continue to be. Don't be a nincompoop :angry:

In Singapore there are snatch thefts, thefts, shopliftings, rape cases, incest, roberry, gold smith robbery, armed robbery, hostage stiuation, pickpocketings, cheating, etc, etc, etc...

Stop putting word into my mouth :yuk:

Don't understand english? British Council do offer courses to improve yours.

Ai yoh....... :swear:

• Guest locked this topic