Male HQ

Apple Products Are For Gullible Dummies

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

If you buy Apple products, you're one of the gullible dummies per Philip Yeo's comments. :angry::angry:

Just like the other recent "Mother Tongue Case", has he use the wrong words such that the Reporters have mis-quoted and misunderstood him ? :lol::lol:

Looks like our some of the Elites are shorts of appropriate words in front of the media. And, other media's language proficiency is so poor that they mis-interpret them. :o:o

Guest one piece one piece

I am surprised that he speaks very Singlish like one piece one piece like that ~~~~~~ Can those Ang Mo's who do business meeting with him understand him ?

OMG!! Philip Yeo sounds so Ya Ya Papaya. As an Apple user, I think that his comments are unneccesary and quite derogatory to Apple and its users. A person of that rank and stature should be very careful and aware of what he says in public. He is being judgemental and narrow-minded. It's true that there are some less usesful apps in the store.However there are many other useful tools and also free too. The consumers have the choice to choose whther to download the apps or not. Apple does not force us to download those apps no matter how "useless" it may be. Its the consumers choice. Something "useless" might be useful to some people. It depends on the consumer's needs. A piece of cardboard might be useless to some of us, but to the homeless, it could be a shelter from rain, a temporary bed etc etc. I hope that in future, high officials should pause and think first before speaking their mind.

I'm 36 168 58 sweet and friendly guy looking for oral fun, hangout buddies, badminton buddies, and bf/partner if possible

Guest Guest

I hope that in future, high officials should pause and think first before speaking their mind.

No, we will be told off later --- that it is we the commoners' fault who have misunderstood their words. LOL

well he is the famous one that said the Singaporean is not hungry enough

"Make sure that our young people are hungry. If our young people are not hungry enough, bring in hungrier ones from overseas. Make them feel hungry, increase the hungriness index."

i think we should open his job and fat pay check to foreigners also

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

OMG!! Philip Yeo sounds so Ya Ya Papaya. As an Apple user, I think that his comments are unneccesary and quite derogatory to Apple and its users. A person of that rank and stature should be very careful and aware of what he says in public. He is being judgemental and narrow-minded. It's true that there are some less usesful apps in the store.However there are many other useful tools and also free too. The consumers have the choice to choose whther to download the apps or not. Apple does not force us to download those apps no matter how "useless" it may be. Its the consumers choice. Something "useless" might be useful to some people. It depends on the consumer's needs. A piece of cardboard might be useless to some of us, but to the homeless, it could be a shelter from rain, a temporary bed etc etc. I hope that in future, high officials should pause and think first before speaking their mind.

I totally agree with you.

How successful is he compared to Steve Jobs? Philip Yeo is just a very tiny tadpole in a very large pond. He is playing on a lily pad and doesn't quite realize what's in the deep end.

He carries a false pride which only hurts Singaporeans on the world stage. His attitude is myopic and is even child like. He even talks like a child. Yes, it is very embarrassing. Really, he isn't that far different from a time when the world thought that the earth was the center of the universe.

He obviously doesn't represent many of us and is such a misrepresentation that we have to constantly defend Singapore from the repercussions of his misnomer.

Well look at it this way, his generation will soon pass (a generation which climbed to the top based mainly on academic and seniority criteria rather than on others like wit, culture, talent, and personality - as the video shows).

He obviously hasn't heard or comprehend of technologies like Mobile Augmented Reality Technology and the likes which are based on smart phone applications (eg Layars); the future of many economies. With this attitude of his, he will leave Singapore behind in the dust while the world moves forward. He needs to be replaced. I am sure he is surrounded by some very talented people who I'm sure are all working in a frustrated environment, and making the best they can (often against his will) - trying to move Singapore forward. We should congratulate these people.

In the meantime, we rise above him and show pity on him.

Edited by beef4beef

"Life it too short to be small"

Guest another

i think he equated dummies to mean the masses, as he later explains 99% of the population is dummies 1% is genius which is what i gather (masses vs. elite). i agree he chooses the wrong words - maybe his poor command of the English language is the cause of this controversy?

once again, let's say it together... it is all OUR fault for misunderstanding his use of wordings.

Of all the words he could picked (layman, masses, commoners, lesser mortals) he used dummies....

Guest guest

haha, it is quite common la. It is not how good u r but who u know and how to play the game that survive inside. They need 1 or 2 leader and rest followers.

yep, he did justify his use of the word dummies as referring to laymen. however there is still an undercurrent of arrogance and insult in his words, am pretty sure there are 'elites' and 'geniuses' who buy apps and use them.

Regardless of his command of the English language, I would think that having spoken those words, he is just showing that he's not moving forward with new developments in technology, and that's scary considering he is the head of SPRING Singapore.

see their mission: http://www.spring.gov.sg/aboutus/pages/spring-singapore.aspx

shudder to think that such a person is leading the way.

Seriously what has this guy done for SPRING to be that arrogant? If Creative Sim said that, I would to a certain extend accept as at least Sim built an electronic empire from scratch. But what abt Mr Philip?

Seriously what has this guy done for SPRING to be that arrogant? If Creative Sim said that, I would to a certain extend accept as at least Sim built an electronic empire from scratch. But what abt Mr Philip?

If all your buddies are senior ministers, well, you also can be yaya lor.

Do you guys remember that he was the one who decide that scholarship bond breakers be named publicly in order to shame them and had caused much controversies?

When a MP questioned his decision, he has the audacity as a civil servant to ask that MP to resign from Parliament? And no need to apologise!

He was also the one who said Sg guys were whimps, whiny and immatured even after serving NS?

That yaya!

I am going to pick on his speech in the video

"the money that apple made is in the software"

OF COZ LAH, it is like say that Sony PS3 made money on the games, Duh... I would expect something more intelligent than that. Sigh... Philip is not hungry enough, we should bring in people from overseas to replace him.

Guest orange

Hope one of these days, someone will use an APP from apple to save his life. I still remember a few months ago, there was a disaster or plane crash something like that, and someone bought a 3.99US app from apple store(it was a first-aid) application, and that someone used the app to save another person's life. This news was even on Larry King!

I have this older man in my office, let me call him Kan-Chong.

He was previously a GM-sort from a local quasi-government agency.

Those days (back in the 70s), a certificate (diploma or degree) was "very atas".

He was quite big shot then but things changed when he was "forced" to retire.

Later he joined my office and had to cramp himsef into a cubicle.

Initially, everyone had high hopes that he can and will generate new ideas to improve the job flow.

The truth hurts.

Not only was he inept, he was a tryant.

All he does is simply pushing everyone to complete work for him.

When the boss asked us to write a proposal within 5 days, he demanded to see it by the 3rd day.

He would summon others for inputs and bullied them to write the report asap.

His command for English isnt all that good and he does not proof-read things properly.

Worst of all, he documented "passing remarks" into minutes of meetings without the consent of the secretary.

Thus offending so many of us.

But why is he still around?

Heaven knows....

KC, you are a useless bastard. :swear:

This guy is a total crap !

99% users of apple products are dummies while 1% are genius.

He sounds like a dummy himself. :rolleyes:

And he is heading Spring Singapore ? With this kinda of Singlish ?

What a shame ! :lol:

Edited by ixmog

*sighs + yawns*

Seven Early Eight Early got awaken reluctantly… To worsen this beautiful Sunday morning — having to read,watch and hear a dumbest dumb person making a dumbest dumb comment. *duh*

Hmm… Haven’t been bitching for a while……

“Well,APPLE’s products aren't lowly–priced to begin with. At the very least,the dummies can spare the price for a slice of APPLE while the(proclaimed or self–proclaimed)"genius" can only live on sour grapes…”

~ Ræ ~

yet another fine example of our failing system of elitism. He would not have been so arrogant and ignorant if he is not so entitled in his life. I've met him once before, he is a right ripe cunt whose eyes are on top of his eye. I bet his children are like him, sense of entitlement with nothing to show in reality.

Actually Apple makes most of their revenue from hardware not software. Apple basically has few software out in the market and they are often bundled with new products. earning 30% of each app sold does not constitute 'the money that Apple makes (is not in the iPad but in the software)' to quote the iDiot Philip Yeo. Anyone who keeps track of market trends and businesses would know that.

I have this older man in my office, let me call him Kan-Chong.

He was previously a GM-sort from a local quasi-government agency.

Those days (back in the 70s), a certificate (diploma or degree) was "very atas".

He was quite big shot then but things changed when he was "forced" to retire.

Later he joined my office and had to cramp himsef into a cubicle.

Initially, everyone had high hopes that he can and will generate new ideas to improve the job flow.

The truth hurts.

Not only was he inept, he was a tryant.

All he does is simply pushing everyone to complete work for him.

When the boss asked us to write a proposal within 5 days, he demanded to see it by the 3rd day.

He would summon others for inputs and bullied them to write the report asap.

His command for English isnt all that good and he does not proof-read things properly.

Worst of all, he documented "passing remarks" into minutes of meetings without the consent of the secretary.

Thus offending so many of us.

But why is he still around?

Heaven knows....

KC, you are a useless bastard. :swear:

Exactly!

I knew quite a few in my life time that would fit this character to the 'T'!

Especially the part about only having a 'diploma'.

They really were very insecure.

One head of department even salivated when he started getting agitated because he could not give a logical/intelligent reply to questions directed at him, and just like KC, he resorted to threats and warnings, 'well I don't like' was his common response! It was such a joke. Nobody had any respect for him. And the ones who did were just brown nosing (3-legs) him. It was so pathetic but I guess that's how some people survive to compensate for lack of talent and IQ.

Edited by beef4beef

"Life it too short to be small"

Actually Apple makes most of their revenue from hardware not software. Apple basically has few software out in the market and they are often bundled with new products. earning 30% of each app sold does not constitute 'the money that Apple makes (is not in the iPad but in the software)' to quote the iDiot Philip Yeo. Anyone who keeps track of market trends and businesses would know that.

I believed Mr Philip "oh-you-all-misunderstood-me" Yeo meant the iPhone and iPad market, instead of apple as a whole. It is quite well known that Apple made more revenue from the iTunes apps than the actual iPhone/ iPad hardware, hence the reluctance to incorporate flash support on the Apple iPhone OS 4.0.

Guest Guest

who is he anyway? i dun even who know this guy is? sorry for my ignorance....

It's OK, Don't bother to know who he is ....

who is he anyway? i dun even who know this guy is? sorry for my ignorance....

He is the pompous, arrogant, miseducated, bastard Chairman of Spring Singapore.

I'm 36 168 58 sweet and friendly guy looking for oral fun, hangout buddies, badminton buddies, and bf/partner if possible

pple surpasses Microsoft as world's biggest technology company by market capitalization

Apple has surpassed Microsoft as the largest technology company in the world by market capitalization.

Apple's move comes as the company's iPhone, and now its iPad tablet computer, have taken on more of the personal computing tasks once handled by computers running Microsoft's Windows operating system and other programs.

Market cap is the dollar value of a company's outstanding shares. On Wednesday, Apple Inc.'s shares slipped $1.11 to close at $244.11, making its market cap about $222 billion.

But Microsoft Corp.'s stock fell $1.06, or 4.1 percent, to close at $25.01, for market cap of about $219 billion.

Get the Chicago Tribune delivered to your home for only $1 a week >>

The only U.S. business with a higher market value is Exxon Mobil Corp. The oil company's market cap is about $279 billion, based on Wednesday's closing price of $59.31.

• Guest locked this topic