Male HQ

Thai Food ! ! !

Guest Thai-Thai

Guest Thai-Thai

Any recomendation for yummy spicy thai food? other than the usual thai express and golden mile is commonly known!

i tried NaKhon KitChen at Bedok north ave 3, cooked by thai chef, heard that is a branch from famous Hougang main outlet, taste not bad ! i saw the boss a young thai hunky goodlook guy, very young entrepreneur, food tasty and the thai boss also look yummy yummy... :thumb:

Are you refering to the Thai Restaurant - NaKhon KitChen - near Kovan MRT ?

I can't understand why that restaurant is crazy crowded :blink: . People start queueing for dinner when the Restaurant hasn't opened yet (around 4-5 pm). If you passby around 6-7 p.m. It is very long queue there. Unbelieveable.

I tried to eat there few times with friends and colleagues but IMO, it has nothing special at all. Same with my colleagues's opinions.

Agree with the young boss, very hunky and goodlooking. But my colleague talked with him and said he is married :lol: . Not so sure because I have gaydar with him :wacko: (discreet type).

There is a Thai restaurant in Clark Quay too. More expensive type :smokin:

Sometimes, the greatest journey is the distance between two people

Guest foodie

try Ah Loy Thai at shaw towers. Its cheap and good for an eatery. Would recommend the tom yum fried rice, tom yum soup and spicy mussels (cant rem the name). Green cury not bad too. Do avoid going there during peak hours, long queue expected. the place closes quite early at about 830pm. waiting time for food may be 20 mins or more at times.

Tom yum fried rice cost $6.50. serving is more than enough for one person. tom yum soup can serve 2 to 3 person. A meal for 2 should cost about 25 bucks to 35 bucks including drinks.

no service charge and GST.

after the meal there is Tom's Palette ice cream palour just opp. One of the best local ice cream parlour around imo.

Guest Authentic

My Favourite Thai Food Restaurant.. :thumb:

Diandi Leluk Thai Restaurant

Golden Mile Complex, #01-67/69,

Tel:62935101

Rama Thai Sharkfin Restaurant

81 Tanjong Pagar Road,

Tel:62226626

Patara Fine Thai Cuisine

Swissotel The Stamford,

Tel:63391488

Check it out.

Cheers,

Ethan

Soory! to me Diandin Leluk is awfully bad taste. stingko smell cooking syle and fish often and prawn often not fresh at all!

Rama Thai is more like Chinese cuisine, too much swing over to the chinese flavour to please local client, not authentic at all.

only Patara is quite authentic thai cuisine, but too Expensive, no need to spend that $$$ for an expensive thai food, there is nice authentic cheap thai food around.

Guest Guest

I went to the Patara Fine Thai Cuisine for dinner today. Its my 3rd time, the food was very good.

Highly Recommend. :thumb:

Patara Fine Thai Cuisine

Swissotel The Stamford,

Cheers,

Ethan

Are you sure you ate in Patara at Swissotel yesterday? It is not my favorite restaurant, but i don;t think it is at stamford anymore

Guest Dont-Tell-Lie

I went to the Patara Fine Thai Cuisine for dinner today. Its my 3rd time, the food was very good.

Highly Recommend. :thumb:

Patara Fine Thai Cuisine

Swissotel The Stamford,

Cheers,

Ethan

Please Dont tell lie to BW forummers here lah !

you went there Yesterday to eat in your dream is it?

Patara Thai Rest @ Swissotel stamford Already Closed down last Year ok!

Great Lier !!! Dont Bull Shit !!!

Guest Thaiboz

Please Dont tell lie to BW forummers here lah !

you went there Yesterday to eat in your dream is it?

Patara Thai Rest @ Swissotel stamford Already Closed down last Year ok!

Great Lier !!! Dont Bull Shit !!!

Patara Fine Thai Cuisine is now in Tanglin Mall? If this is the one being discussed, why Ethan need to lie? Or is Ethan referring to another Thai restaurant?

http://www.patara.com.sg/

Guest For-Your-info

Patara Fine Thai Cuisine is now in Tanglin Mall? If this is the one being discussed, why Ethan need to lie? Or is Ethan referring to another Thai restaurant?

http://www.patara.com.sg/

For Your info ! PATARA thai rest already existing @ Tanglin mall for for ages for more than 10 years, only later they open a branch @ Swissotel STamford, but already closed since last year ! did you read carefully what he wrote he just went there to ate dinner yesterday!

some more he posted the rest phone number at swissotel branch ! go and change your spec please!

Ethan_Oleh

Posted Yesterday, 11:37 PM

Highly Recommend.

Patara Fine Thai Cuisine

Swissotel The Stamford,

Cheers,

Ethan

Guest Yummy

happens went to Changi Simpang shop & save, and discover 2nd level above shop & save there is a Thai food hawker stall own by a thai auntie, cooks typical thai home cook style thaifood, tom yam soup is spicy enough to rate above average, and pak thai is yummylicious too ! :thumb:

happens went to Changi Simpang shop & save, and discover 2nd level above shop & save there is a Thai food hawker stall own by a thai auntie, cooks typical thai home cook style thaifood, tom yam soup is spicy enough to rate above average, and pak thai is yummylicious too ! :thumb:

Where is this place please, looked for all the Shop&Save addresses but can't find this.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Diandin Leluk at Golden Mile. My Thai friends living in Singapore like the restaurant. The menu is quite extensive. The fried century egg with basil is good! We like going to First Thai along Purvis St too.

my bf is thai, we go to nong khai at golden mile most sundays for lunch. it's isaan food (northern thai) and we love it... always eat

som tam

tom saab moo (spicy soup like tom yam, but with ground rice and pork)

laab moo

nam tok moo (my fave)

and we buy ingredients to cook at home in the supermarket there....

Yeah I've heard of Nong Khai at Golden Mile. It's supposed to be authentic?

And I'm not a big fan of som tum but when I was traveling in Isan, I saw some families bringing the mortar and pestle to their picnic to make fresh som tum. Haha.

What I really love is khao niao with laab moo moo ping :)

Yeah I've heard of Nong Khai at Golden Mile. It's supposed to be authentic?

And I'm not a big fan of som tum but when I was traveling in Isan, I saw some families bringing the mortar and pestle to their picnic to make fresh som tum. Haha.

What I really love is khao niao with laab moo moo ping :)

I have recipes for most of this stuff, we make it at home quite a lot in case anyone wants to have a go at it ...

My BF thinks Nong Khai is really quite authentic, it's our favourite Isaan Thai in Singapore for sure. And better than some Isaan places in Thailand ;-)

• 2 months later...

Initially when I first tried when it was newly opened, the std was quite high.

Subsequently when I went back again, the std seemed to have dropped tremendously.

I am quite sure the owner is gay. I saw a local pretty looking gay very close to him.

Are you refering to the Thai Restaurant - NaKhon KitChen - near Kovan MRT ?

I can't understand why that restaurant is crazy crowded :blink: . People start queueing for dinner when the Restaurant hasn't opened yet (around 4-5 pm). If you passby around 6-7 p.m. It is very long queue there. Unbelieveable.

I tried to eat there few times with friends and colleagues but IMO, it has nothing special at all. Same with my colleagues's opinions.

Agree with the young boss, very hunky and goodlooking. But my colleague talked with him and said he is married :lol: . Not so sure because I have gaydar with him :wacko: (discreet type).

There is a Thai restaurant in Clark Quay too. More expensive type :smokin:

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Hmmm.. Nakhon? I tried the one in bedok, very long Q too. Food alright, but i find a tad too salty (too much MSG?) after eating i kept drowning myself with water. But one thing i dislike was the disorderly Q that the people can't manage and that's also one of the reason why i choose not to go back.

Didn't try the one at Kovan since both are the same (i think owner different; bedok shop boss is a lady)

For those staying in the East or do not mind traveling, try Basil Inn at Downtown East, just opposite the Jackpot room. Personally, i prefers that. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stiffneck

Me like Thai food.

Been to golden mile complex for Thai food before

feel like i'm in thailand, as the missy there don't understand english, only speak thai:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
There's this small Thai eating place at 57 west coast road called Siam Deli alongside the roundabout right after the esso station.. Not too expensive and tastes quite good to me

I stay nearby west coast.. mind telling us you refering to Blk 517 or 57? Coz I know there's Esso around blk 517 as well..

I stay nearby west coast.. mind telling us you refering to Blk 517 or 57? Coz I know there's Esso around blk 517 as well..

Hmm u know the esso station which is opposite the prata shop? Just ahead of it there is a side road to the left, follow it and it would lead to a roundabout, along the roundabout is that place :)

Guest Chef James

saweedekrup..like to eat thai food???

shld go try out "Thai Noodle House" @ bukit timah...owned by a thai lady..good food and prices too..

OR "pxxn's sexy thai food" own by "local" actor...haha...his one of us too....LOL

Hi all, I went to Thailand several times and am a great fan of Thai food.

BUT there was once I ate a tom yam soup in Thailand where they put coconut milk(Or something like that) into the normal, red tom yum soup. I was shocked at first cause it was the first (and only) time I ate it that way. Surprisingly, I was really delicious and I cannot forget the taste.

Does any of you know any places in Singapore that prepares tom yam soup that way?

(I know I can just add coconut milk to my tom yum just like that, but I would prefer eating one that is prepared that way.)

THANKS. :thumb:

"Well, I didn't know it would come to this but that's what happens when you're on your own."

Hi all, I went to Thailand several times and am a great fan of Thai food. BUT there was once I ate a tom yam soup in Thailand where they put coconut milk(Or something like that) into the normal, red tom yum soup. I was shocked at first cause it was the first (and only) time I ate it that way. Surprisingly, I was really delicious and I cannot forget the taste. Does any of you know any places in Singapore that prepares tom yam soup that way? (I know I can just add coconut milk to my tom yum just like that, but I would prefer eating one that is prepared that way.) THANKS. :thumb:

yhingthai at purvis street has both versions of the tom yam (with/without coconut milk).

jingle-bitch screwed me over

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

anyone has a good recipe for massaman beef curry, or knows where to get a good version here in singapore? the ones i tried in samui range from poor to quite good, but certainly not worthy of being the "top food dish in the world" as reported by CNNgo.

Edited by akated

jingle-bitch screwed me over

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

Guest Thai food hunter

pxxn's Thai (a few outlets around Sg) food is realli bad ... Just a warning if you wanna waste $$$ be my guest. The food is nothing great and over price and drinks cost $4.50 per glass and there's more ice than drink - finished drink with 3 sips.

The reviews by some mags states it's fantastic just becos it's open by a Mediacorp artise - don't be fooled.

Even food court Thai food taste better.

Enjoy :)

That place sounds posh, will take note! Thanks!

With Coconut milk is called "Tom Yum Nam Khon" (Tom Yum Thick Soup) while without we call it "Tom Yum Nam Sai" (Tom Yum Clear Soup) or simply call "Tom Yum".

:D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.