Male HQ

Anyone Plays The Electone Here?

Guest Erotictales

Guest Erotictales

Me! Hehe, it's rare that people play electone!

What's more ignorant people don't even know what electone is (looks up)

And when your friends ask you what you play, you gotta hard time explaining!

What grade are you playing? Grade 5 sucksss.

Hehe. I stopped at 4 years ago. And yes, RARE nowadays. Compared to 80s when every kid was learning.

You still taking lessons? Or graduated? Or just playing for fun?

Guest Infinite

True. Quite rare to see people playing the electone nowadays. I'm currently preparing for my Grade 6 exams :D And if only I was rich enough to get the STAGEA ELS-01.

is the grading system still the same? previously my teacher was making me play all the grade 5, 4 & 3 scores, whenever i hear a familiar tune on the radio or album, sure wish my fingers was running through the keyboard :(

Guest flyaway

Ya. Upper grade is generally lumped together as grade 5-3. Particularly difficult ones may be graded as grade 4-3.

wah... me jus started grade 9 only. seems like a long way to go

used to play the electone too! learnt it at Yahama and was at Grade 8 (they started from grade 13 and downwards).

but now, hardly touch it already. moreover, the pedals are also spoilt. so now, my skills are rusty.

it's so hard to find scores for electone! imagine u want to play chinese pop songs and can't find the score. guitar or piano scores are so much easier to find.

electones are also so expensive, cheapest brand new ones cost at least $3k i think. but undeniably, the sounds created by electone is magnificent.

Guest Erotictales

used to play the electone too! learnt it at Yahama and was at Grade 8 (they started from grade 13 and downwards).

but now, hardly touch it already. moreover, the pedals are also spoilt. so now, my skills are rusty.

it's so hard to find scores for electone! imagine u want to play chinese pop songs and can't find the score. guitar or piano scores are so much easier to find.

electones are also so expensive, cheapest brand new ones cost at least $3k i think. but undeniably, the sounds created by electone is magnificent.

It's next to impossible to get good scores locally, because Yamaha has this really illogical approach to the matter.

But you can order from Amazon. There're tons.

I used to think Electones are expensive too. Then I saw the prices for pianos and organs by Roland, Wursi, etc. And I changed my mind.

Wow, good to know that there are so many out here playing the Electone! I started long time ago and had even participated in the Singapore Electone Festival....Did all the way till Grade 4 and initially wanted to teach at Yamaha. Enjoyed playing all those Jazz, fusion and Broadway stuff! Played on the GX-1 FX-1,HX-1 during the competitons. Those good old days. Started working after Uni and had stopped since. I still play the piano though. I find the StageA very advanced but too synthetic in terms of its sound. For those who are learning, enjoy and happy playing! :thumb:

Guest Erotictales

I'm glad to see many people still remembering what Electone is.

DoReMi, one other thing about the Stagea sound. For some reason, the sound technology for other Yamaha Keyboards, like the Tyros, is much better and more realistic. Guess Yamaha figured it's more profitable to invest in arranger keyboards and stage synths.

(And all those Xs you mentioned, only a real enthusiast can mention those. : ) )

Yup...Was really very into it then. Would spend hrs practising. Looks like we are from the same generation man! Hahaha! Guess you are an Electone Pro now? I find the piano more relaxing to play now. In fact im very interseted in hthe Avant piano but it's a little to pricy I think. :rolleyes:

Guest Erotictales

Yes, we're prob around same era. I probably saw you perform b4 at the festival?

But no, I'm no pro. In fact I too stopped for many years. Resumed a while back and mainly playing for personal enjoyment.

And yes, it can be very stressful playing the StageA now. Too many things to programme!

Yes, we're prob around same era. I probably saw you perform b4 at the festival?

But no, I'm no pro. In fact I too stopped for many years. Resumed a while back and mainly playing for personal enjoyment.

And yes, it can be very stressful playing the StageA now. Too many things to programme!

Well Erotictales, I think you have probably seen me performed at the Electone Festival. I can't reveal too much lah. Hahaha.You know lots about Electone music, think you were an advance level student at least and therefore I'm sure you must have attended many of those concerts. Yes, with all super new Tech features on the StageA , it's really quite stressful doing just the drums alone! That's why I go back to the piano now. Can't catch up with

technology..... Hahahahahaha..... :wacko:

Guest Erotictales

The festival was also the chance to watch talented cute things perform. (Shh!!!)

Anyhow, the percussion aside, it's also quite substantial work to edit the sounds on the Stagea. If you don't edit, they sound fake. To edit, because there's like 200++ effects with numerical adjustments, you actually need to read up on the various technical terms.

• Guest locked this topic