Male HQ

Do U Avoid Guests During Festive Season?

imran

I have this thing going on every yr. During festive season eg; cny,xmas.. i go out even tho i hav nowhere to go. Dowan visiting relatives to mistaken that tis old bachelor hav no life, n so he stay home n receive guests. Anyone wif almost or exact dilemma?.

Edited by imran

I have this thing going on every yr. During festive season eg; hari raya, i go out even tho i hav nowhere to go. Dowan visiting relatives to mistaken that tis old bachelor hav no life, n so he stay home n receive guests. Anyone wif almost or exact dilemma?.

Yup me too.....Tmr have no choice..got to do visiting....and thats about all......after tmr, I ll run......hide.......and take cover...

Guest Erotictales

Pardon me for putting this in a somewhat blunt manner.

I've stopped visiting most relatives years back. All these uniformly belong to the group that other than New Year, I don't get to talk to, meet, or eat with.

The reason is quite simple. If a person is close to you, blood or not, you don't need a holiday or an ocassion to meet up. If you need something like a new year to be a reason to meet up, then the person isn't important to you. Neither are you to that person.

At the same time, do you need to visit or see someone with a derogatory opinion of you?

Naturally, my parents weren't too happy about this policy of mine. They have since learnt, thanks to a series of much unhappy incidents. I shall not mention the details.

Pardon me for putting this in a somewhat blunt manner.

I've stopped visiting most relatives years back. All these uniformly belong to the group that other than New Year, I don't get to talk to, meet, or eat with.

The reason is quite simple. If a person is close to you, blood or not, you don't need a holiday or an ocassion to meet up. If you need something like a new year to be a reason to meet up, then the person isn't important to you. Neither are you to that person.

At the same time, do you need to visit or see someone with a derogatory opinion of you?

Naturally, my parents weren't too happy about this policy of mine. They have since learnt, thanks to a series of much unhappy incidents. I shall not mention the details.

I wont do wat u do, but i agree wif you. Thats y only d first day i put up a false front. 2nd day onwards i go to movies, library, lunch wif fren, etc etc..and when i return to my doorstep n find many shoes outside, i pospone my return till later.

Hari Raya visitation is not just about meet-up unlike other festive occasions. Hari Raya visitation is about seeking forgiveness from each other. To purify yourself from sins that you have made towards the host.

Yes, you dont have to wait for Hari Raya to seek for forgiveness, but how many of us would seek forgiveness on normal mundane day? Besides, you are definitely to be forgiven if you seek during Hari Raya mood because that is what Hari Raya is all about.

Guest Erotictales

Hari Raya visitation is not just about meet-up unlike other festive occasions. Hari Raya visitation is about seeking forgiveness from each other. To purify yourself from sins that you have made towards the host.

Yes, you dont have to wait for Hari Raya to seek for forgiveness, but how many of us would seek forgiveness on normal mundane day? Besides, you are definitely to be forgiven if you seek during Hari Raya mood because that is what Hari Raya is all about.

But you see that's the problem with Chinese. We don't have a forgiveness day.

An Indian friend once remarked that Chinese people would be better off with their own version of Puasa. I agree.

But you see that's the problem with Chinese. We don't have a forgiveness day.

An Indian friend once remarked that Chinese people would be better off with their own version of Puasa. I agree.

Ohh....apologies...I thought you are a Muslim...

Guest surelyugessian

actually festive season gives perfectly valid reasons to visit my auntie (my father's elder sister).

her husband, very nice ah pek, looks very cuddly.

i always fantasize seducing him.

IMRAN ABANG!

SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI !

Understand that its much awarkward for you being single and kena "grilled" by KPOs during festive seasons. why not go for a short tour to BKK, KL etc ?

Another way is to return past midnight :rolleyes:

Cant go trip cos first day still must visit elder untie. Yes, return home past mdnite is done. Btw, its 'abang imran'..nt d other way round. Thanks tee tee..muaks..

So u are telling Abang Imran to stay at home and forgive and ask to be forgiven>

Please reread his posting can?

I have this thing going on every yr. During festive season eg; cny,xmas.. i go out even tho i hav nowhere to go. Dowan visiting relatives to mistaken that tis old bachelor hav no life, n so he stay home n receive guests. Anyone wif almost or exact dilemma?.

Selamat Hari Raya from me too.

Sama lah with other PLUs. Am sure that we dont want to but have to stay home and greets well wishers be they relatives or parents friends. Xmas or Deepavalli or CNY. Not to forget weddings - hate to go to them too cos people still ask 'When will it be your turn?'. Sigh, such is the life we have to lead. At least you can still go places. CNY time, most shops are closed - where does one go then? I suppose one can hang out with other PLUs :).

Hope you are having a good Raya, not eating too much. I notice that there is a slight difference between Muslims and other religions in that Muslims still open up their homes for visits and do put on quite a lavish spread. Most other races now dont bother much - serving bought biscuits and candy. I think its the cultural difference more than a religious difference. I believe Malays to be more hospitable than other races. Am not being racist here, just an observation.

Chinese normally forgive a person once that person died. Why so ?

For funeral wake, we dont have to be invited to attend. Why so ?

Cos they afraid if dont forgive, kena haunted?

Cos person dead liao so if object attending oso kenot do or say anything and living people if object oso too sad, no energy to bother objecting?

I have relatives who will keep asking me the same fxxking question every year:

"Jef, when are you getting married?"

My answer to them always will be "When the government allows it."

Somtimes I just wanna tell them, "I don't fxxk your husband, so get off my business already."

I dont do visiting this year. I stay at home with parents to help them out. My relatives will come in buses.

There are times when I find myself not having enough glasses to serve my guests drinks.

The number of visitors coming at the same time isn't really a problem.

The biggest problem for me is when some want to finish visiting in one day, they'll even come to my place very late at night. That, I find, very inconsiderate.

Its the third day now and I believe I will not be receiving visitors today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I have relatives who will keep asking me the same fxxking question every year:

"Jef, when are you getting married?"

My answer to them always will be "When the government allows it."

Somtimes I just wanna tell them, "I don't fxxk your husband, so get off my business already."

I dont do visiting this year. I stay at home with parents to help them out. My relatives will come in buses.

There are times when I find myself not having enough glasses to serve my guests drinks.

The number of visitors coming at the same time isn't really a problem.

The biggest problem for me is when some want to finish visiting in one day, they'll even come to my place very late at night. That, I find, very inconsiderate.

Its the third day now and I believe I will not be receiving visitors today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

U didn't 'escape'? thats means a) u'r a cnsiderate family member or b)(for some reason)no choice , got to stay..

Personally I feel that when others (especially elders) ask, "when r u getting married?" its out of goodwill, hence, I feel one should not feel aggitated or defensive.

So the next time, someone poses the question again, just reply "No one wants me lor, waiting for u to intro...".

Hope this helps.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

U didn't 'escape'? thats means a) u'r a cnsiderate family member or b)(for some reason)no choice , got to stay..

It's kinda both, actually. My brother decided to go on a trip and my parents are quite old. My dad has a heart problem and can't carry heavy stuff. Yeah, kinda no choice and being considerate. hehehehe....

Personally I feel that when others (especially elders) ask, "when r u getting married?" its out of goodwill, hence, I feel one should not feel aggitated or defensive.

So the next time, someone poses the question again, just reply "No one wants me lor, waiting for u to intro...".

Hope this helps.

THat's the problem. THe ones who asked are not the elderlies. I don't care if it's done once. I hate it everytime they come over to my house, they asked me the same goddamn question. I believe you have never been in this situation or at least not a few times a year. So there.

Goodwill, maybe but do it more than once, you're just being a bloody pain in the ass... Capisce?

Edited by Jefzebel

"waiting for u to intro" - inviting trouble! haha

"waiting for u to intro" - inviting trouble! haha

Yes definitely inviting trouble cos there are definitely kay pohs there waiting to intro. Amongst some that I have kena'd, even without inviting them to intro, are:

my granny

my 3 aunts

my cousin

my cousins wife

my uncle in law

my colleagues

Yes definitely inviting trouble cos there are definitely kay pohs there waiting to intro. Amongst some that I have kena'd, even without inviting them to intro, are:

my granny

my 3 aunts

my cousin

my cousins wife

my uncle in law

my colleagues

Hmm..familiar scenario. Some of them feel strange y 'others' r worried but the main subject (me) don seem to care..haha :lol:

So to all those who are so eager to intro,

when they ask u what type u like, just tell them

"make sure he is a handsome guy!".

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• Guest locked this topic