Male HQ

How To Exercise & Lose Weight / Slim Down & Get Rid Of Love Handle Aka Spare Tyre? (Compiled)

worldangel

An interesting for guys who want to maintain their weight during this festive season :oops:

How To Stay Slim During The Holiday Season

The majority of people find themselves carrying additional fat once the holidays are over. Worst of all, most of them never lose this extra weight. Over the years, few pounds gained over the holidays here and there add up to 10, 20, 30 pounds of excess fat!

To avoid falling into the holiday fat trap, follow these simple tips:

1. Don't deprive yourself. Munching on a green salad while everyone is feasting on turkey and stuffing is just not worth it. You will end up miserable, and chances are you'll binge at home or on the next party. Depriving yourself once is likely to cause you to eat everything in sight the next day to "compensate" for your suffering.

2. Don't stuff yourself. You are not a turkey, after all! :-) Remember, this is not the last time in your life that you can eat.

3. Eat a small meal several hours before the party. This will prevent you from being too hungry when faced with abundant menu. When you are not starving, you can think with your brain, and not with your stomach.

4. Eat slowly. It takes our body about 20 minutes to realize that we are full. Also, the slower you eat, the less food you'll eat as opposed to eating fast in the same amount of time.

5. Be aware of what you are eating. It's easy to get carried away in conversation, and eat way too much before you know it. Don't automatically go for more helpings while you are talking to someone.

6. If you are cooking the food, prepare healthier versions of traditional dishes. Don't go too far by trying to completely cut out the fat. Just make some slight changes such as mashing potatoes with low-fat milk, adding less butter to the food, and serving more salads and veggies. Or make the stuffing in a casserole dish outside of turkey, so it does not soak up the extra fat.

7. Deal with the food-pushing hosts by complimenting them. When they try to force more food on you, smile. Say how much you love their food, but unfortunately you are so full, you can't get in another bite. And that you'll be delighted if they gave you some of this food to take home, if there is anything left after the party!

8. Choose the turkey breast meat, since it has fewer calories then dark meat. Also, most of the fat in a turkey is contained in the skin. So, if you can, don't eat the skin. Skinless turkey breast is actually a healthy choice. But go easy on a fat-laden gravy!

9. Eat small amounts of various foods, as opposed to large portions of few foods. Sampling everything on the menu will leave you more satisfied since you've tried everything there is. But remember, moderation is key.

10. Eat that dessert. The trick here is to eat a small piece of it. This way you can have your cake and eat it too!

:lol:

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

have more sex after the dinner, that will burn off the extra fat intake :P

Maledae:

i guess you are bless with high metabolism.

but be careful as you grow older, metabolism rate will decrease, so if your food intake doesnt change, you might end up with big tummy.

also slim doesnt meant your blood pressure is healthy, a friend of mine who is quite slim has high blood pressure.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

try all the positions in Karma Sutra, sure lost weight...that is if you didnt break some bones :P

:D Hahaha ...... some of the sexual intercourse positions in kama sutra could only be executed by the acrobats ... :lol:

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

• 7 months later...
Guest Guest-Who-Am-I

I wish to seek referrals to clinics / medical centres / slimming salons, where I can enroll myself to a Weight Loss Program. (Sponsorships welcomed too!! *winks*)

I would appreciate if the contributor includes the name and address of the clinic, and the name of the doctor(s), if any.

Thanks !!

Do you have a park or connector near your house? My suggestion is to just go for jogging at least 5 times a week. And also try to cut down on the food for dinner and avoid supper at all cost. :P

It can save you some money and the effective is there too.

Jealousy is when you realise the things you don't have.

Envy is when you realise the things you'd never have.

-Nip/Tuck

Guest Guest

Yes, the only way is to cut down on "junk" food in take and EXERCISE ! Dun waste money on those slimming centres, clinics etc.

I have a friend who spend tonnes of $$ to the slimming centre but she continues to eat like a p*g. So, she continues to look like one.

Guest Guest

Well the in the US the FDA recently approved a weight loss drug called Alli it is supposed to show.

From their website:

Think you've got what it takes to change with alli?

Working with the alli program means:

committing to a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet before you take alli capsules

limiting your daily fat intake

planning meals

taking a daily multivitamin at bedtime

using myalliplan for customized guidance

getting more physical activity

However, as a caveat read the side effects:

alli? works by preventing the absorption of some of the fat you eat. The fat passes out of your body, so you may have bowel changes, known as treatment effects. You may get:

gas with oily spotting

loose stools

more frequent stools that may be hard to control

Basically you poop a lot and be aware of unfortunate leakaages and reduce your social life as you do not want to pass gas.

I know someone who is taking it plus working out with a trainer at the gym and it seems to be working great. But he did experienced one or two unfortunate incidents where he misjudged his poop as gas and it was nasty.

So see when Singapore offers Alli on sale, go try it, but personally I'd stick to working out and on a low calorie, high protein diet.

Good luck and skip the slimming centers.

Guest Guest

I once rimmed a chub without knowing that he was on such slimming pills (Xenical). Guess what, his ass juice leaked and I only found out when I tasted something bitter.......urgh! <_<

Guest Guest
I once rimmed a chub without knowing that he was on such slimming pills (Xenical). Guess what, his ass juice leaked and I only found out when I tasted something bitter.......urgh! <_<

yeee ....... *I fell off my seat when reading this !

Guest Guest-Who-Am-I

Thank you guys for your inputs.

I've forgotten to mention that I've gained weight drastically due to medication for stress fractures and depression for the past 6-7 years.

I'm not trying to find excuse(s) but I really can't jog or run much. That's why I am seeking referrals to clinics / medical centres / slimming salons. If need be, I will consider cosmetic sugery.

Any more further inputs from readers reading this thread??

I think you should still give it a try. You mentioned that you had depression, exercise will be good for ya. I had depression too, but am trying to work my way out of it. Exercise helps a lot. However, the stress fractures will limit the kinds of exercises you can do. You can try walking or swimming. You can start slow though, it will be tough but you have to stick with it.

One important thing to take note is your expectations. Please don't expect to see weight loss immediately. It is not realistic, but most people do and they give up trying. You should plan for periods like 6 months to a year.

Oh one more thing, I used to be very conscious about exercising in the public. Had this wrong notion that everybody is watching. But as I carried on and get over that, I then realized most of the people don't care about you. (Unless, of course, you are a hottie...) :D

-Nip/Tuck

I've forgotten to mention that I've gained weight drastically due to medication for stress fractures and depression for the past 6-7 years.

I'm not trying to find excuse(s) but I really can't jog or run much. That's why I am seeking referrals to clinics / medical centres / slimming salons. If need be, I will consider cosmetic sugery.

You don't have to run or jog or going to a slimming centre to lose weight.It's all about discipline, eat healthy, drink more water, do more walking.If you can,hit the gym once a while to do some light training,if u need help in gym training,u can either get a training instructor or me....hehe

I use to be fat,almost chub.I eat alot of junk food,drink beer and smoke alot.Until one day when we have a gathering with some friends and one of my friend's kid ran to me and yell out loud..."Uncle,u very fat lei....fat pig"...i was so pei sei,after that i decided i should do something before i become a giant pig....hehe

I started off eating watermelon and papaya for a week,4-5 times a day.This is a detoxifying process and almost 10 glass of water per day.I live on the 16th storey and i have been walking up and down till today.I also hit the gym 4 days a week, working different body part on each day.Now,everyday i look in the mirror,i can smile.... :D proudly.I went to the same friend's home 2 weeks ago and that kid came to me and press on my arm and yell out loud again,this time is different..."uncle,your muscle very hard lei.....papa,your tummy so flabby...."

Slimming centre can help u to lose inches,yes...but do u know that if u finish your treatment and get back to your normal life,u will grow fat again.So,no point spending so much.Do it yourself or let me help you....hehe. :D:D:D

That is not ass juice, it's oil that is not absorb by his body. Normally it will be pass out together with his stool when passing motion. The colour is actually reddish, like the chilli oil. Normally the side effect of Xenical is uncontrolable discharge of Oil. The aount will depends on the amount of oily food you intake.

I did not know that there is such a side effect. When I watch the ads on TV, I thought that that was a good idea. You won't get fat if you can take in fat, but never realised that the fat is passed out in its native form.

-Nip/Tuck

Guest Guest

Get a personal trainer who is experienced in dealing with people with injuries to help you out. They'll have knowledge about how much exercise you should do, and how to avoid straining your injuries..

the only real way to slim down is to gain muscle mass so you look slimmer.. sounds conflicting, but its true :/

Yeah, I think exercising is the way to go. I was 83kg on 174cm about 18 months ago, and started to join a gym to exercise....lost a bit (around 76 now)...but problem is that since i was fat for a long time (since I was a kid...), now with the fat gone, I have loose skin....still trying to tone up.

Guest Guest

Yes... I agree with many of the postings here that exercise is the most important and then comes diet. The 2 must go together. I lost a total of 45 kg ten years ago. No pills. Just sensible meals, and walking. Just 30 - 40 mins daily.

That was ten years ago... now I have gained... but not as much as I use to weight prior to my massive weight loss.

Lose skin... yeah... you get it... and it is awful.. It never really goes away though... wonder why.

Now that i am much older, metabolic rate is slower it gets hard to slim down. Now trying to lose that extra 10 kg or so... I do admit, I yoyo a lot...

Tried a number of ways:

Meal replacements like Herbal life, that was good. I did lose about 14 kg... then I went back to normal meals and the slimness did not last long.

I got a trainer... did well.. lost about 9 kg... then I fell out with him and things went the other way...

Now I have decided to up the time on cardio and I have also consulted a physcian. I am on medication. I find them effective. I have lost about 7 kg, on days when I feel bloated, or feel that I overate, I would go back to Herbal Life. Then slowly wean myself off it... its working.. clothes are loser.

Sigh... the story of my life...

lol. same story here. I yoyo alot too. Normally it is a remark from someone, like an old friend or kids of friends, that would spurr my excercise regime.

But this time, it is different. I got the urge to clean up my life (it is kind of messy). So I guess I am starting with my waistline first.

-Nip/Tuck

• 7 months later...

Exercise is not the correct way to loss weight but jogging and control diet is the correct way to loss weight...

I seen alot of chubby turn back to average guys for months... as long as your mind is focus to loss weight.. in the end, you will do it too...

So ... jia you loh..

258yvky.jpg

Hmm, trying to loss 8 kg. Tried exercising but the more i exercise the bigger and heaviler i get. Anyone got any good suggestion? :lol:

HI Frogprince

I think u hv to consult doctor and fitness professional for help.Balance of nutient intake and exercise do affect your BMI changes .

Maybe you can try reducing carbohydrates intake by cutting down on rice, bread and noodles... And try to further reduce their intake after, say, 9pm... Cut down on sugar consumption also...

And run or do aerobics to supplement the diet...

But do not do a complete removal of carbohydrates from your diet... You might get very grumpy... And other side effects do kick in...

Rigious exercise might not lose you weight. If you gain muscle mass easily, you may end up getting heavier, because muscle is heavier than fats. However, you will feel different. Your waist will get smaller, you sleep better at night and you won't feel so lethargic during the day.

Average person need around 2000+ calories per day. If your intake >2k cal, you get fatter, exercise can burn some of the cal you take in.

Some people take in a lot of food per session, thinking that you will not get hungry till the next session. Try spread out your intake between many session. Take till 'dont feel hungry, not too full" , its ok. Sometimes i always tell my friend, who intake alot per session, hes not a cow, take can store the food to many session.

Normally when u first exercise, you first lose your water then your fat, it take longer exercise period to lose your fat.

Another important point when trying to lose weight, is set your objective of your purpose. Sometimes, you may get lazy on losing weight, try

to set a few objectives, so you will not stop exercise.

Average person need around 2000+ calories per day. If your intake >2k cal, you get fatter, exercise can burn some of the cal you take in.

Some people take in a lot of food per session, thinking that you will not get hungry till the next session. Try spread out your intake between many session. Take till 'dont feel hungry, not too full" , its ok. Sometimes i always tell my friend, who intake alot per session, hes not a cow, take can store the food to many session.

Normally when u first exercise, you first lose your water then your fat, it take longer exercise period to lose your fat.

Another important point when trying to lose weight, is set your objective of your purpose. Sometimes, you may get lazy on losing weight, try

to set a few objectives, so you will not stop exercise.

HI froprince..

I do agree with what psp mentioned..I am also trying to loose weight from 82kgs to 77kgswithin 3months....objectives and gym/exercise buddies are cruicial...

Oh... psp's suggestion on 少量多吃 (eat small servings, but many servings) is a very good one... Dun eat too full, take to 70% full, then walk and do your stuff and then repeat... Better than 1,2 big full meals...

Take more vegetables and mushrooms... We were at the mushroom farm and the lady was telling us, some mushrooms are good at reducing fat storage in the body and some mushrooms are good to reduce water storage (retention) in the body...

Hmm, trying to loss 8 kg. Tried exercising but the more i exercise the bigger and heaviler i get. Anyone got any good suggestion? :lol:

Hi Frogprince

try this forur breakfast/lunch

1) Lose an Easy Six Pounds of Fat

Choose:

1 cup skim milk (90 calories).

Instead of:

1 cup whole milk (150 calories).

Save

60 calories

Do this once a day and save: 21,900 calories per year.

This is equivalent to: 6.25 pounds of weight

(2) Lose Another Easy Six Pounds of Body FatChoose:

6 oz light, fat-free yogurt (80)

Instead of:

6 oz full-fat yogurt (190)

Save

110 calories

Do this 4 times a week and save: 22,880 calories per year.

This is equivalent to: 6.5 pounds of weight

RULE NO 1!!!MOST IMPT---NO SUPPER!!!mayb once a week, try some soupy stuff instead of food like prata etc.

Find a diet that suits you. I do the reverse diet for 1st 3mths, lunch consist of 2 cups low/non fat yoghurt n fruits. no snacks inbtween. dinner regular amt of rice(but dun overdo it by eating 3 bowls of rice), lots of veggie. once/twice a week i treat myself to my fav stuff like KFC/cHEEZECAKE ETC.

if u have company dnr/lunch where u ate alot, next meal do eat much less.

average man shd consume no more than 70gms of fat daily, so try to read labels, less fried stuff on regular days.

it will be tough in the 1st few weeks but must endure, be sure to eat 1 FULL meal per day but no supper.

do try 2 exercise by jogging 3 times a wk for an hr each on month 4, but if u had not jog for yrs, do start slow maybe 15mins to start and SLOWLY increase time. but dun over do it as u may hurt your knee.

another thing, NO SOFT DRINKS!!! they are silent Killers! rather eat a big mac than have a coke!try 2 cut down intake of sugars as well.

lost almost 13kg in 6mths from this plan and its not even starvation but CONTROLED diet, where u get 2 enjoy what u like 2 eat once a day, have your supper once a week and not completly go Low fAT/low carb/low salt etc. life will be boring aint it? moral of the story, if you have 3pc KFC chix for dinner, do have a plain salad for lunch the nect day. at least you get 2 eat what u wan 2 eat once a day instead of depriving yourself and get irritable. you get 2 loose weight fast too!

However i never starve myself or go on low carb, was on low carb diet yrs back for 3mths and lost 5-6kg but no life as no burger,chix rice, mee pok etc sooner or later REVENGE eating will happen n u will gain more than you loose.

Sigh.. I'm going to sound like a muscle mary again.

Not all exercises are the same.

You are not going to lose weight jogging if you take 3 hours to run 3 km and you're not even sweating.

You are not going to lose weight swimming if you spend 3/4 of the time lazing and cruising the sexy guy in the next lane.

You are not going to lose weight cycling if you're actually stopping every so often to check the bushes at Ford Road for action.

The key to good cardio/fat burning is intense continuous activity. The optimum level of intensity should make you almost out of breath but just enough for you to speak intelligibly. Check this link to read about HIIT, a very effective way of weight loss training if you're short of time or too impatient with the treadmill like me.

No one here so far as also mentioned weight training. It is crucial to do some form of weights to train your muscles to burn more calories. With a higher metabolism, you'll be using energy even if you're not exercising. Along with the above tips on diet, you'll be losing weight in no time!

Edited by TopChinese

Think no one mentioned weights training cos froggie mentions losing weight nia... :P

Weight training usually will increase one's weight as the fats are burned off and he builds muscles... When I was hitting the gym, I actualyl gained weight... But I lost much body fat...

Froggie, if you want that, then go gym regularly... It sure helps... But as TC mentioned, dun go spend half the time cruising in the gym or the changing room... Then no point liao... :P

RULE NO 1!!!MOST IMPT---NO SUPPER!!!mayb once a week, try some soupy stuff instead of food like prata etc.

Find a diet that suits you. I do the reverse diet for 1st 3mths, lunch consist of 2 cups low/non fat yoghurt n fruits. no snacks inbtween. dinner regular amt of rice(but dun overdo it by eating 3 bowls of rice), lots of veggie. once/twice a week i treat myself to my fav stuff like KFC/cHEEZECAKE ETC.

if u have company dnr/lunch where u ate alot, next meal do eat much less.

average man shd consume no more than 70gms of fat daily, so try to read labels, less fried stuff on regular days.

it will be tough in the 1st few weeks but must endure, be sure to eat 1 FULL meal per day but no supper.

do try 2 exercise by jogging 3 times a wk for an hr each on month 4, but if u had not jog for yrs, do start slow maybe 15mins to start and SLOWLY increase time. but dun over do it as u may hurt your knee.

another thing, NO SOFT DRINKS!!! they are silent Killers! rather eat a big mac than have a coke!try 2 cut down intake of sugars as well.

lost almost 13kg in 6mths from this plan and its not even starvation but CONTROLED diet, where u get 2 enjoy what u like 2 eat once a day, have your supper once a week and not completly go Low fAT/low carb/low salt etc. life will be boring aint it? moral of the story, if you have 3pc KFC chix for dinner, do have a plain salad for lunch the nect day. at least you get 2 eat what u wan 2 eat once a day instead of depriving yourself and get irritable. you get 2 loose weight fast too!

However i never starve myself or go on low carb, was on low carb diet yrs back for 3mths and lost 5-6kg but no life as no burger,chix rice, mee pok etc sooner or later REVENGE eating will happen n u will gain more than you loose.

TC,,

u go there just for crusing ?,

Dom

Frequent high speed jogging on trackmill will help.No liquor

no need high speed, moderate speed will do. i dun advocate complete cut in things you love as it will mostly backfire and make your life boring. moderation is the key, cut down on beer, wine, liquor and surgar. not complete elimination

no need high speed, moderate speed will do. i dun advocate complete cut in things you love as it will mostly backfire and make your life boring. moderation is the key, cut down on beer, wine, liquor and surgar. not complete elimination

Frogprince,,

Further have more regular sexto tighetnur waitline n groin contraction....May b learn the Turkish belly dance do help

• 7 months later...

Hi Guest,

You can try to buy Fat Burner from GNC.. they got quite a few.. for e.g. like Hydoxcut & there's another one which I can't recalled the name.. it's in liquid form and it's S$80.00 a bottle. Meant to be consume before bedtime.. heard that it helps to burns fat & provides energy to the body and increase metabolism..

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.