Male HQ

Discussion of Going Topless / Shirtless In Public + Ideas Or Reasons For Doing It? (Compiled)

Guest Guest

11 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Went for my first yolo run just now, really quite disappointed that only a small handful of guys went shirtless, and majority of participants did not went topless. Also seems like there are more women than men taking part in this yolo run. If most people still did not go shirtless, this running event is the same like many others running event, nothing special.

Those handful of guys went shirtless are so fit, muscular and toned! Still an eye candy, although very little fit guys went shirtless.

You should join my running group and take a topless group photo lol

Think those who went shirtless last year found that majority don't go shirtless at yolo run, therefore would not have signed up for the subsequent years anymore, I also didn't want to sign up for this year, so probably lesser n lesser shirtless runners. 

7 hours ago, Guest Yolo said:

Think those who went shirtless last year found that majority don't go shirtless at yolo run, therefore would not have signed up for the subsequent years anymore, I also didn't want to sign up for this year, so probably lesser n lesser shirtless runners. 

Hmm there is still lots of shirtless eye candies around to feast your eyes fully with so i am contended to go. Many in my running group go there and thats give us even more motivation to go.

15 minutes ago, yoyo74 said:

Hmm there is still lots of shirtless eye candies around to feast your eyes fully with so i am contended to go. Many in my running group go there and thats give us even more motivation to go.

haha agreed :) Just come and join. I mean what is there to lose when you just run topless? Not many people have their ideal bods but that's why we run also right =)

12 hours ago, Guest Yolo said:

It means this year should be lesser shirtless joggers than last year run? Think this year yolo run is the 2nd year organize, right? Didnt like the end point also, as runners have to queue so long to take the yoga mat, resulted in human jam. Others running events don't have such problem, as runners can finished at the end point and then move to the side to rest or drink water. But yolo run, runners still have to queue at the end point very waste time. 

Both years yolo run also raining, but this year lucky rain not heavy and stop fast. 

2 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

It means this year should be lesser shirtless joggers than last year run? Think this year yolo run is the 2nd year organize, right? Didnt like the end point also, as runners have to queue so long to take the yoga mat, resulted in human jam. Others running events don't have such problem, as runners can finished at the end point and then move to the side to rest or drink water. But yolo run, runners still have to queue at the end point very waste time. 

Both years yolo run also raining, but this year lucky rain not heavy and stop fast. 

Yeah i agreed that the organizer could have better utilize the space at the end point to accommodate the finishers. Actually what i believe that made the matter worse was the rain, and the announcement of the rain during the 5km flag off timing and giving people the option to just collect the finishing items without actually running. So the majority of 10km runners who run between 60-90mins after 7pm will coincide with the 8pm runners collecting the items =(

On this topic, running topless is quite cooling no? And lesser weight on the upper body~

4 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

You guys run the 5km or 10km? Still can see some shirtless eye candies but i still find there are many woman in this run then man.

2 of my running group run 5km while the rest run 10km. After that we all take a topless photo shoot when all is ready. We have 14 people taking the photo as 1 left b4 the photo taking.

On 23 October 2016 at 6:15 PM, yoyo74 said:

Not as many as i thought to be. Basically majority guys are not shirtless, wonder it is yolo run?

I didn't go last year but I think there's enough shirtless guys la. Quality over quantity heh. Can't expect everyone to go shirtless too, if not its like BMT lol.

only that the quality of the shirtless guys made me super self conscious when I was running. Most of them had pretty nice bods

13 hours ago, Guest Yolo said:

I didn't go last year but I think there's enough shirtless guys la. Quality over quantity heh. Can't expect everyone to go shirtless too, if not its like BMT lol.

only that the quality of the shirtless guys made me super self conscious when I was running. Most of them had pretty nice bods

By right if a guy has a nice bod, he should not be shy to goes shirtless, this could be the reason why the guy spend so much effort and time training up to have nice bod. Anyway, you still have 1 year to train up your bod for next year yolo run, so that you can also proudly flaunt your nice bod.

Anyone have any stories about running topless specifically around neighborhood or HDB area? I run topless straight from home so nothing in my hands.. not super buff but average build. sometimes at the HDB areas or void deck there's people who will look and stare.. both guys and girls. But it's more obvious the girls who are looking because if we had eye contact, you can see their eyes start to drift down to look at my bod.. I only have developing abs but they still want to look or check 

Many times even bump into strangers going up the lift and one girl even commented "whoa not bad do you always run without shirt?"  But there's one time another ticked me off saying that it's wrong for guys to do that.

im sure for other guys they don't mind or don't bother but what about girls? They could try to find fault? 

Whether find fault or not depends on the onlooker's personality and perception. Basically there is nothing wrong in running, exercising topless for guys. Just that some people hardly see that and think it is big deal. It is not as if people are naked or do obscene stuff.

3 hours ago, Quest said:

Anyone have any stories about running topless specifically around neighborhood or HDB area? I run topless straight from home so nothing in my hands.. not super buff but average build. sometimes at the HDB areas or void deck there's people who will look and stare.. both guys and girls. But it's more obvious the girls who are looking because if we had eye contact, you can see their eyes start to drift down to look at my bod.. I only have developing abs but they still want to look or check 

Many times even bump into strangers going up the lift and one girl even commented "whoa not bad do you always run without shirt?"  But there's one time another ticked me off saying that it's wrong for guys to do that.

im sure for other guys they don't mind or don't bother but what about girls? They could try to find fault? 

In rich Singapore most people are fat. If you have developing abs you are already above average in terms of body so getting compliment is not strange.

6 hours ago, Guest Teatree said:

I didn't go shirtless because I went without any baggage.  Not that I am shy but I don't want to run holding the shirt in my hand.  

You could have put your shirt where we put bags. Even our whole bags are being put in a large plastic bags tagging to our bib number. Your shirt most probably put in a plastic bag with your bib number also.

20 hours ago, Guest Teatree said:

I didn't go shirtless because I went without any baggage.  Not that I am shy but I don't want to run holding the shirt in my hand.  

There is a baggage deposit at the site, you can deposit your bag and your shirt, no need to hold it in your hand. The people at the deposit counter can even help you to pin your number tag in your running shorts.

16 hours ago, Guest Tim said:

Whether find fault or not depends on the onlooker's personality and perception. Basically there is nothing wrong in running, exercising topless for guys. Just that some people hardly see that and think it is big deal. It is not as if people are naked or do obscene stuff.

I think nowadays can hardly see a guy running topless, that's why when people see a topless guy, they find it a big deal and offensive. For some people they will find a guy who goes topless in public consider obscene.

Guest Overseas
2 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I think nowadays can hardly see a guy running topless, that's why when people see a topless guy, they find it a big deal and offensive. For some people they will find a guy who goes topless in public consider obscene.

In AMDK countries during summer a lot of men running topless, nobody cares.

To all the topless runners out there, what makes you enjoy it. Do you get excited when doing so? Is it more from the "freedom" feeling or from the sweat dripping and wind blowing on your bare body or the thought of having strangers who look at your topless body? 

6 hours ago, Guest Overseas said:

In AMDK countries during summer a lot of men running topless, nobody cares.

This is not AMDK, this is singapore. Think most people here still quite conservative.

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

To all the topless runners out there, what makes you enjoy it. Do you get excited when doing so? Is it more from the "freedom" feeling or from the sweat dripping and wind blowing on your bare body or the thought of having strangers who look at your topless body? 

For me, the feeling of seeing own sweat dripping down my body excits me, and seems like my performance is better when i am topless.

4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

One less piece of laundry to do.

On 27 October 2016 at 1:37 PM, Guest Guest said:

It's just more comfortable and practical

Was driving and waiting for traffic light to turn green at the junction of Bugis Junction, a runner crossing the road and suddenly he stopped in the middle of crossing to pull his tee shirt off and continue to run. I looked at the lady next car and she looked at me, both of us puzzled by his action and we just laughingly puzzlely smiled at each other and probably bother of us we're still in the shock of the moment. Lol. 

My my point though is that it's probably nice to also considered place and time where and when you want to do your topless run. 

Edited by XS.Lin

7 hours ago, XS.Lin said:

Was driving and waiting for traffic light to turn green at the junction of Bugis Junction, a runner crossing the road and suddenly he stopped in the middle of crossing to pull his tee shirt off and continue to run. I looked at the lady next car and she looked at me, both of us puzzled by his action and we just laughingly puzzlely smiled at each other and probably bother of us we're still in the shock of the moment. Lol. 

My my point though is that it's probably nice to also considered place and time where and when you want to do your topless run. 

If hunks consider too much than we will be missing eye candies. I rather them dont consider so much lol

13 minutes ago, yoyo74 said:

If hunks consider too much than we will be missing eye candies. I rather them dont consider so much lol

I don't think it's a matter of hunk or unhunk, it's more of a matter of right place and right time. Do all the topless one wants when you're on the beach or a sport field but in the middle of the city? Hmm even if you are a drop dead gorgeous guy, it's still make lots of people uncomfortable. 

3 hours ago, XS.Lin said:

I don't think it's a matter of hunk or unhunk, it's more of a matter of right place and right time. Do all the topless one wants when you're on the beach or a sport field but in the middle of the city? Hmm even if you are a drop dead gorgeous guy, it's still make lots of people uncomfortable. 

If its not against the law i think its still consider right place right time lol

Guest Shirtless

I think it's the same as females wearing revealing clothes. It's still not illegal. Might make some uncomfortable, some might think it's inappropriate. But ultimately it's up to you, as long as you know where to draw the line.

Topless running is not against the law but i agreed sometimes also must find the right place and time. Even the guy has a nice body, but not everyone is comfortable and ok with a topless guy around.

6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

It is against the law if you go no hot bod to show off yet run topless and spoil the view of passer bys especially when there are guys with better bodies cover themselves up

You are so funny.

Our army life run used to be at ecp on sat mornings, a lot of army shirtlness runners. Now that army has changed to 5-day work week, which day and time do they run at ecp now?

28 minutes ago, Guest Jog said:

Our army life run used to be at ecp on sat mornings, a lot of army shirtlness runners. Now that army has changed to 5-day work week, which day and time do they run at ecp now?

Do army routine run still go shirtless now? I remember last time during running always run shirtless. But now can't really see them running shirtless often.

6 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Do army routine run still go shirtless now? I remember last time during running always run shirtless. But now can't really see them running shirtless often.

I think run shirtless depends on the sergeant or officer is gu niang or not. During my BMT i never had a chance to run shirtless with all of them and that is quite many years ago. With all those showers cubicles being build, our singaporean army had already become gu niang army.

5 minutes ago, yoyo74 said:

I think run shirtless depends on the sergeant or officer is gu niang or not. During my BMT i never had a chance to run shirtless with all of them and that is quite many years ago. With all those showers cubicles being build, our singaporean army had already become gu niang army.

I agree on this. The guys in army now have become very shy and protective about their body. The other day i walked past one army camp, one group of army guys playing basketball at the court, one of them were topless. Wonder could be army implement rule that guys are not allowed to be topless?

Anyway, even during last time army, running topless or not really depends on the sergeant/officer conducting the run. My platoon have never run topless before, but i always seen others platoon guys running topless, quite an eye candies for me back then.

Very likely depend on sergeant, coz during my tekong time for marching practice, we were shouted to fall in in army trousers and boots, no no.4 shirt to be worn, some of my platoon mates 6 pacs so droolsome. Running in camp depends on weather, quite often without singlet nor shirt on, maybe to reduce laundry burden for soldiers.

9 minutes ago, SuperSentai said:

Nowadays, BMT PT sessions are all conducted shirtless, both recruits and commanders.

https://www.facebook.com/BMTCSAF

So default topless during PT sessions now in BMT? I never have any topless experience before in my army PT sessions. But i remember there was a sergeant in other platoon in my camp, always default run topless in camp, even others are not topless. When he went to study in uni after army, also see him topless in uni when he was running.

• G_M changed the title to Discussion of Going Topless / Shirtless In Public + Ideas Or Reasons For Doing It? (Compiled)
  • G_M locked this topic