Male HQ

Old Mandarin Song + 老饼话当年的粤语时代曲 Cantonese Oldies (compiled)

oralb

was at someone's place and overheard this song over the radio (think it was love972fm)

i believe this song was during the the era where taiwan's school folk song was popular, something like our Xin Yao.

did a internet search and finally found this song

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/multimedia/taiw...songs/young1.au

you can use Media Player to play this song. i do have to warn you that the arrangement for this song is really old...

無怨的青春 -- 楊海薇, 周秉鈞

=====================================================

(女) 應該用什麼來包裹起 你我共渡的歲月

是滾燙的淚 還是痛快的乾杯

落淚會憔悴 乾杯容易醉

最好把它留在日記簿裡 慢慢的回味

(男) 應該用什麼來包裹起 你我共度的歲月

是滾燙的淚 還是痛快的乾杯

落淚會憔悴 乾杯容易醉

最好把它留在日記簿裡 慢慢的回味

(合) 總有一天你會發覺 回憶只選擇最美的一頁

那是未開的蓓蕾 只是青春的另一個註解

無怨 無悔

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

i remember this song during my younger day.When this song out in the market that time, i was a high school student.. :) I find this song so so only, there is more other song that is better than this. :whistle:

i guess i like the meaning of the lyrics more than the song itself...

anyway this song is part of a concept album, which was rather rare that time. the listing of the songs showed the different stages of student life (more rather love life)

this is the first track, follow by the track "the 1st dance"

any other recommendation of other songs?

i'm afraid these songs do not appeal to me at all.

guess the songs should go along with the trend, friendship and memories.

i suppose i was not around during the period or i just completely kept myself occupied with somethong else that i missed the boat.

as for the lyrics, well...

chris commented that i was romantic, but somehow i could be very intellectual too.

once i bid goodbye to the past, hardly i turn my head back.

what's the point?

and so much wonder ahead...

to keep a diary, not for the sake of memories.

rather it's to get the picture clearer and then...

to bury.

oralB,

my sicere hope

your life to fill up with sunshines...

wow, a real nice song! I love this since years ago...... ard 20 yrs ago if i dun rem wrongly. Surprise still got pple of my era dig out this gem..... yeah, it's of frenship. If i m not wrong, I think I still have the black record of this album hahaa.......

Guest Guest_rustee

havent heard this song before,

and it sounds like a gospel song!

with all the oohs and ahhs..

looking at the lyrics,

you may prefer huang shu jun's wei yang ge.

really beautiful.

:whistle:

hahahah i must sound that pathetic to have few of you to offer to "sunshine" me :D

i guess leading a closeted life does bring a pessmistic effect...

hi marksman:

I am fine, just happen that the lyrics struck a cord in me, and do like the choir-type arrangement of the song.

Hi MC:

if you listen to other songs by the same artists, you will realise that most of them has the same treatment - overlaping of vocals,

one of the song, the 1st dance, had overlapped the chinese and english at the starting phase.

• 6 years later...

Anyone following this riveting drama?

The best actress is (surprise surprise) Julie Tan. She's so natural as a poor but righteous young girl with a heart of gold.

The worst actress is Eelyn Kok. She is so fake and her villainous mannerisms simply scream over the top.

Best actor is definitely the manly, juicy Desmond Tan. Qi Yuwu looks tired and dried in comparison.

Most overhyped actor is Chen Hanwei, he's neither here nor there, thought he would be more villainous.

Guest amidst_the_stars

The worst actress is Eelyn Kok. She is so fake and her villainous mannerisms simply scream over the top.

She's much better than that irritating Joanna Peh who's trying to look and sound prim and proper all the time. Artificial and more fake.

Yeah joanne peh is like so much worse than eelyn kok please,what's with her fake accent? Makes the show so unbearable. Everything fake luh she.

True to say, julie tan and desmond tan is definitely the star of the show even though they are newcomers. The veterans of the show also not bad. Eelyn Kok is on the safe side,nothing good nor bad about her role. Seriously in conclusion,joanne peh spoils the whole show for goodness sake!...

A big applause to the casting crew for selecting Julie and Desmond.

Julie is 1000% believable and Desmond is 1000% drool-worthy.

They are the reasons to watch the show now.

Ms Kok - should be Ann and not Eelyn... her character seems to be too predictable,

Of course, JP is wrongly casted!

But we dont have a 20-30 years old actress left....wonder if Felicia can play that part of Yu hong?

Song Qiao'er is supposed to be a star on the Bund and a recording artiste of the 1930s Shanghai.

But Eelyn Kok plays the role without the charisma of a big star. The character is written with so many insecurities and dirty tactics. Worse, the so-called top star eventually becomes a kept woman.

Guest amidst_the_stars2

Abang is absolutely right. Ann kok would have brought much more depth, charisma and ambiguity to Qiao-er. Joanne Peh 's. accent is fake, her emotions are fake, fake fake fake. Julie Tan is the only one of the 3 gals that fits the role to the tee and she is extremely likeable. Desmond Tan too. He reminds me of Elvin Ng in terms of acting but more naturalistic. 715 is just boring.

But I say best in show here is PLL, she is superb.

Song Qiao'er is supposed to be a star on the Bund and a recording artiste of the 1930s Shanghai.

But Eelyn Kok plays the role without the charisma of a big star. The character is written with so many insecurities and dirty tactics. Worse, the so-called top star eventually becomes a kept woman.

Based on a true story??

Maybe the scriptwriter had some inspiration from a certain MCS star while writing the role?

Based on a true story??

Maybe the scriptwriter had some inspiration from a certain MCS star while writing the role?

A leopard doesn’t change its spots; a materialistic whore doesn't change her ways either.

Is Julie Tan contracted to Mediacorp?

I hope she's nominated for Best Actress. Easily one of the best leading performances of the year. So impressed that this newbie can literally carry the entire show on her own so well!!

Is Julie Tan contracted to Mediacorp?

I hope she's nominated for Best Actress. Easily one of the best leading performances of the year. So impressed that this newbie can literally carry the entire show on her own so well!!

She might going uk study

• 3 weeks later...

The 9 press houses in Singapore recently did an annual survey.

Julie Tan emerged as the star to look out for in 2012, based on her unexpected but remarkable performance in A Song to Remember.

Anyone following this riveting drama? The best actress is (surprise surprise) Julie Tan. She's so natural as a poor but righteous young girl with a heart of gold. The worst actress is Eelyn Kok. She is so fake and her villainous mannerisms simply scream over the top. Best actor is definitely the manly, juicy Desmond Tan. Qi Yuwu looks tired and dried in comparison. Most overhyped actor is Chen Hanwei, he's neither here nor there, thought he would be more villainous.

though i dont like Kok, i felt her role got a better twist towards the later part...she love to "stare & glare" too strongly...

On the whole , all the actoress did over-act , but they could have done abit more ......very soon, i will forget the characters in time to come......

though i dont like Kok, i felt her role got a better twist towards the later part...she love to "stare & glare" too strongly... On the whole , all the actoress did over-act , but they could have done abit more ......very soon, i will forget the characters in time to come......

Eelyn Kok is probably the most disappointing of the entire lot. After the scarring incident, she seems to behave like a deranged older woman, with slow dialogue and scary eyes. Too OTT!

Joanne Peh got better towards the end.

Julie Tan was consistently good and remarkable. In fact, she literally carried the entire show. Best Actress!

Desmond Tan's role is 2D, he's there just to show his pecs and abs.

Qi Yuwu and Chen Hanwei's characters got too predictable... even Hanwei's signature cigar-sniffing mannerism got stale after a while.

And if staring with fierce eyeballs and monotone delivery means good acting, then yes Pan Lingling is a 'good' actress.

A big applause to the casting crew for selecting Julie and Desmond.

Julie is 1000% believable and Desmond is 1000% drool-worthy.

They are the reasons to watch the show now.

Ms Kok - should be Ann and not Eelyn... her character seems to be too predictable,

Of course, JP is wrongly casted!

But we dont have a 20-30 years old actress left....wonder if Felicia can play that part of Yu hong?

Abang, Ann Kok is 郭淑贤la. 郭惠雯is EELYN KOK.

Felicia might make a good pick, but too bad she's stopped acting, i think.

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

OTT = over the top

Jiumei is the most outstandingly scripted character. Julie fits the role to a T, her performance is remarkable and outstanding, and she was the one literally carrying the entire show (whereas Joanne faltered initially and Eelyn was unbelievable subsequently).

This role is for Julie, what Aiyoyo was to Chen Liping... a career-defining one.

Guest Guest222

Felt that most of the actors/actresses are unable to go very deep into the acting. This probably has to do with insufficient 'serious' acting experiences for many mediacorp actors.

Disappointingly, Chen Hanwei, being a 'veteran', is unable to carry character of a sinister, hamsap, old man.

Mediacorp's lack of talent (both in acting and production, directing and scriptwriting) is showing, especially for a show of this effort and investment.

It probably is one of the better Mediacorp's production, but it really cannot go far in the international market.

As for the promising actress many mentioned in here - it is no point being a 'star' with mediacorp; one cannot go very far in the Spore's entertainment circuit.

Like do u guys think Joanne Peh is the 'star' considering the emphasis and opportunities Mediacorp gives her?

Guest Guestss

Read that the most difficult and problematic role to cast was Song Qiao'er. This role was the last to be cast, with Eelyn eventually cast only 2 weeks prior to shooting.

The actress chosen had to be only slightly older than Joanne Peh, possess stage charisma and good dancing skills worthy of a 30s cabaret star, and most importantly, be experienced and adept enough to tackle the character's descent into vengefulness and ultimate madness.

However, Eelyn was unable to tackle such a complicated character. She took the easy way out, interpreting and literally simplifying this role into that of a shouting bitch who turns vengeful with scary facial expressions. Evilness was written all over without any attempt to interpret or deliver the role of Qiao'er in a more intelligent, subtle and complex manner.

Read that other actresses considered for the role included Fann Wong and a Taiwan actresses in her early 30s (probably Yang Jin Hua). Ann was shooting The Oath and wasn't available. Whatever it is, Song Qiao'er was a definite miscast.

The producers could have casted Zoe Tay, the undisputed Queen of Caldecott Hill, as Song Qiao Er.

After all, her fans were actively suggesting her to Paul Chan in the Baguatv comments section when he asked for suggestions on who to play Song Qiao Er.

However, Eelyn was unable to tackle such a complicated character. She took the easy way out, interpreting and literally simplifying this role into that of a shouting bitch who turns vengeful with scary facial expressions. Evilness was written all over without any attempt to interpret or deliver the role of Qiao'er in a more intelligent, subtle and complex manner.

巧儿:“你再说我就开枪了!”

iPvpO.png

The producers could have casted Zoe Tay, the undisputed Queen of Caldecott Hill, as Song Qiao Er. After all, her fans were actively suggesting her to Paul Chan in the Baguatv comments section when he asked for suggestions on who to play Song Qiao Er.

You should be sent to IMH immediately without further delay. Your mental problem is worst than Song Qiaoer in the show. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

You should be sent to IMH immediately without further delay. Your mental problem is worst than Song Qiaoer in the show. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Send all Zoe Tay's fans to IMH too, they were the ones actively promoting Zoe Tay as Song Qiao'er, so much so that Paul Chan had to limit comments on that post.

Guest anti-troll
Send all Zoe Tay's fans to IMH too, they were the ones actively promoting Zoe Tay as Song Qiao'er, so much so that Paul Chan had to limit comments on that post.

Troll :clap: :clap: :clap: . Never eat medicine come out and bark like a siao kao.

Guest anti-amidst_the_stars
Troll :clap: :clap: :clap: . Never eat medicine come out and bark like a siao kao.

Pot, kettle, black?

Look who's the one really barking like a mad dog! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Guest amidst_the_stars

anti-troll, don't fight with mad dog. later she will come and shoot you like that qiao-er. she is mentally deluded because she cannot be a star so she vent her frustrations in this forum.

Get the fcuk back into your kennel at IMH and take your meds.

Don't run around trying to bite others, you mad bitch!

anti-troll, don't fight with mad dog. later she will come and shoot you like that qiao-er. she is mentally deluded because she cannot be a star so she vent her frustrations in this forum.

I am so frustrated that my account was banned because I went around trolling on others' profiles, that's why I have no choice but to troll as guest.

hello hello..... u guys wanna quarrel, take it out in the Flaming Room will ya?

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

this is a joke!!

this no. 1 bitch news was sooooo hot before it was filming… everyone was guessing which A-lister or popular actress can grab tis role.. in the end???

EELYN KOK… thanks man!!!! its really a big big big joke of the year..

To a certain extent, this show reminds me of The Little Nonya. Incidently both Eelyn and Joanne playing the similar roles, an evil one and an angelic one respectively.

JP is not performing too well due to the constraint of the role i.e. demure most of the time.

Julie is the luckiest to play the most likeable and multi-dimensional role, generally cheerful but can be willful sometimes.

715 is way too old to play the role. He seems too jaded to play the innocents of a youth. He is about 15 years older than Julie and doesnt look too compatible with her. Dai Yang Tian or even Elvin Ng would be a better fit.

Desmond is playing almost the male version of Julie's role.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• 1 month later...

this is a joke!!

this no. 1 bitch news was sooooo hot before it was filming… everyone was guessing which A-lister or popular actress can grab tis role.. in the end???

EELYN KOK… thanks man!!!! its really a big big big joke of the year..

Eelyn Kok was robbed of a nomination

• G_M changed the title to Old Mandarin Song + 老饼话当年的粤语时代曲 Cantonese Oldies (compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic