Male HQ

Old Mandarin Song + 老饼话当年的粤语时代曲 Cantonese Oldies (compiled)

oralb

• 2 weeks later...

i love 海海人生。 the first time when i heard it, kept playing it over and over again so that i can learn and memories the lyrics. unfortunately, not good with hokkien so till now still unable to get ot right...lol

Jenny 甄妮 有什么好讲呢。。 演唱实力不容迟疑。。人美歌靓 但做人有点。。高处不胜寒吧?

She is 64 year old now and I had attended her concert previously.  She is one of the best LIVE singer I'd seen.

She has an Austrian grandmother where she inherited that unique Eurasian look.

Her aunt, 甄秀仪 was also a singer.  She was famous for her 美空云雀‘s style of singing.

先来个“水长流”。。听听1960年代的唱法。。

Bonus 

找到原曲。。美空云雀的版本。。演歌的师祖。。

This is Jenny's performance in the millennium concert.  The lyrics of these songs cannot be found nowadays.

Salute to all the 填词大师-郑国江等等。。歌词都好激励。。

老饼去唱K时, 也会不是的唱“明日话今天”。  

strangely had heard all 3 of the above in my younger days, thou may not be from the same singers as i wasn't sure who sung them. music had been a part of my life, growing up with radio playing in the background. when i was able, had the fortunate opportunity to attend one of Ms Jenny concert. indeed a voice to behold. she belongs to the generation of singers who's presence is mesmorising. they are lovely both in audios as well as in person. 

music had brought many funny moments in my life. was a first started working, was assigned a high partition cubicle. i was humming the following tune and attracted the curiousity of the person in behind me. he climb over the top and try to see who was humming. according to him, he knows there wasn't any elderly in that department and didnt realise that cubicle had been assigned. we were both a little startle in a way, he was being cautious and laugh his head off when he saw me. asked if i was possessed? humming such an old tune. and that was how we both met and intorduced each other.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Weather man
On 13/09/2016 at 11:05 PM, Guest Windless said:

All thanks to you, now two unrelated topics are dumped together!

We were having fun posting the windy videos, why take it so seriously? TS didn't even complain a word. Furthurmore, it makes lots of sense to be reminded of certain songs due to the weather.

Now our posts on the windy weather here will disrupt Abang's cantoldies thread.

Mods, pls consider divorcing the two topics.

Ya lor, was searching for windy songs now all became merged with other un-related songs. So messy, surfing in the wind now became so difficult.

• Guest locked this topic